Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 157
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dralnu's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Snapshots (IC Thread)

    You have found yourselves together as a newly formed mercenary group under the employment of Kirion D'agon, a wealthy entrepreneur and leader of a fairly prominent mercenary organization. Your first mission leads you to the bustling port town of Triscan, where your contact, an artificer named Deevin, is scheduled to meet you at the Laughing Cow tavern.

    You're making good time on foot, taking a well-worn dirt road to Triscan. The sun shines brightly high in the clear-blue sky and you estimate that you'll arrive at your destination by sundown. You converse amongst yourselves on the otherwise uneventful journey when suddenly you notice wreckage up ahead. A demolished carriage is sprawled on the road with bodies littered beside the ruin, four humanoids along with a horse. As you approach, one of the bodies stirs and cries out to you weakly, crying for help. The woman is covered in blood.

    You quicken your pace and rush over to her, but out of the corner of your eyes you spot a glint of metal through the brush by the side of the road. Humans, armed with bows, are lying in wait! You halt and draw your weapons as the woman who cried out to you on the ground begins to laugh and stands up, clearly unharmed. A man chuckles as he steps out of the edge of the forest and onto the path, moving beside the woman. He holds a scimitar in one hand and a steel shield in the other. He turns to face you.

    "What a strange group we have here! Humans, halflings, and even a little dragon! My my! You guys look capable of a fight, but as you can see," he says, gesturing to the humans with readied bows aimed at you from the forest's edge, "You're outnumbered and surrounded. Please, drop your weapons and take out your valuables, and I promise no harm will come to you." His offer seems sincere, though out of place considering he stands amongst dead bodies at his feet. The man then looks over to the woman and says something in a strange tongue that none of you understand. The woman nods, staring at Saphira.

    Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

    You're colored according to your chosen dialogue color. The woman is #1, the man with the scimitar is #2, the carriage is the large brown square.
    Last edited by Dralnu; 2011-05-30 at 05:26 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Hawkflight's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hacking to the Gate
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Snapshots (IC Thread)

    Saphira

    During the journey, Saphira spent her time exploring the world around her. Everything was so new! So bright and colorful! So much different then being stuck in that cold, dark egg! The sun warmed her scales as she bounded about. She dashed ahead to sniff some flowers, then dashed back to her adoptive family of humans (and a halfling), squeaking with joy. At one point she climbed a tree to look about at the world, and got stuck up there until one of her new family rescued her.

    At one point she dashed ahead, then paused, sniffing the air. She looked up at her adoptive family, who rushed past her towards some men laying on the ground. She didn't understand what was going on. They smelled concerned, did they too smell the strange people in the trees? She stepped towards them, stepping forward to sniff at the man on the ground, when he sprung up and pointed his weapon at her family! She shrunk back behind the one who smelled of magic (Haitia), staring out at the one who was staring at her. She was scary. She hid from the scary lady, looking up at Haitia with a small whimper.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2011-05-30 at 10:56 PM.
    Adopted li'l sis of Trobby. Adopted daughter of Lix Lorn. Current avatar by Cuthalion.

    Go check out Ask Foxglove. It's full of stars adorable and awesome. She still owes me art....

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Selm View Post
    At this point Medi was convinced leadership was assigned through a substantial amount of alcohol and a dartboard.
    Spoiler: I'm a Pokemon!
    Show


    Is it can be hugs time now plz?

    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show


    Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Shade Kerrin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010

    Default Re: Snapshots (IC Thread)

    Hatia:

    Hatia had enjoyed the journey of her life up til now. She had been born with some magical talent, not quite the raw well of power known as sorcery, but not quite the ritualistic technique of wizardry, either. Finally free to make her own path in the world, rather than the daily grind of study to draw out her capacities, she had joined the first passing group of travelers she could find. She certainly had fun memories of that cave, apparently holding a fierce dragon...but the dragon had already been slain when they reached there. All that remained was an egg, which had coincidentally chosen this moment to hatch. A Blue dragon...Hatia had been warned about blue dragons, but....It's like a giant puppy(An intelligent puppy, but still...)!!! she can't believe such a cute thing could truly be evil.

    And now, this band of thieves are staring at the poor girl with greed in their eyes. Hatia slowly detaches her coin purse and lets it drop the the ground, followed by her walking stick, before sitting on the ground and muttering soft reassurances to Saphira in draconic. Of course it would be impossible to truly disarm her even if she were willing, but she must wait for a signal from the others before acting.
    Mima avatar by Memnarch

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: Snapshots (IC Thread)

    Aldus

    Since leaving his halfling village a few months ago, Aldus had learned many valuable lessons. For example, most humans (and baby dragons) are quite friendly, while others just want to take your life and your money. He was almost looking forward to meeting this second type so that he could use his abilities to do something other than entertain halfling children.

    While examining his surroundings, Aldus drops his crossbow, before slowly reaching into his pocket to pull out his small bag of coins, which he also drops to the road. He leaves his rapier and short sword sheathed for the time being.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Wyntonian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Snapshots (IC Thread)

    Tsukido

    Tsukido ground his teeth and the man's request. It was a bold man who tried to separate a warrior like himself from his sword. Rather than meet then man's request entirely, he slowly unbuckled the baldric holding his shortbow and quiver over his shoulder and let it drop, carefully keeping his hands away from the hilt of his sword. He then tugs his purse out of his pouch and dropped it directly at his own feet, landing next to the toe of his boot. He glared daggers at the thief, but did not move....not yet...
    Guess who's good at avatars? Thormag. That's who.

    A Campaign Setting more than a year in the making, Patria!

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Hawkflight's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hacking to the Gate
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Snapshots (IC Thread)

    Saphira

    Saphira calmed down at mama's reassurances. If she said everything was okay, then surely everything would be okay. She peeked out around her at the scary lady and hissed ... then drew back behind mama again. After all, the scary lady was still scary.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2011-05-30 at 10:56 PM.
    Adopted li'l sis of Trobby. Adopted daughter of Lix Lorn. Current avatar by Cuthalion.

    Go check out Ask Foxglove. It's full of stars adorable and awesome. She still owes me art....

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Selm View Post
    At this point Medi was convinced leadership was assigned through a substantial amount of alcohol and a dartboard.
    Spoiler: I'm a Pokemon!
    Show


    Is it can be hugs time now plz?

    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show


    Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: Snapshots (IC Thread)

    Vincent eyed the men in the brush beside him. The ambush had been well-played but sprung foolishly: the leader had arrogantly let the archers get too close to their supposed victims. The better for us, he thought. Once disarmed a battle would trun heavily against them. Now was their best chance.

    He reached slowly into his cloak to produce a coin purse, but did not drop it. "And did you offer them the same promise?" he called to the shielded man, gesturing to the battered husk of a wagon. His gaze remains fixed on the apparent leader but he keeps watch on the bowman closest to him, watching to see if the bandit falters.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dralnu's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Snapshots (IC Thread)

    The scimitar-wielding leader smirks at Vincent, but otherwise doesn't respond to the question. He instead addresses the group as a whole once more in an authoritative voice, "Don't play dumb with me, people. Drop all of your weapons, along with your silly hopes of any heroics. I assure you, it won't end in --" His sentence is cut off short, however, by an abrupt change in the environment: the yellow sun suddenly changes blood red, bathing everything around you in an eerie red light.

    "What the -- what the hell are you doing?!" The leader waves his scimitar threateningly in your direction, but he looks clearly agitated. He takes a quick look to the woman beside him, "Julia?!"

    "How should I know??" The equally unnerved woman responds, her eyes quickly darting to each of you. A few tense seconds later, however, the red filtered light vanishes and everything returns to normal.

    With the strange anomaly passed, the leader seems to have regained some of his composure. "You had your little fun, eh? Wanted to make me look bad in front of my men? It didn't work, and now you'll pay with your lives!" He snarls, pointing his scimitar forward, "Men, we want the dragon alive, kill the --" The human is cut off yet again, as the ground beneath everyone violently shakes with the sound of a low, thunderous noise that sounds like a far off roar of unimaginable magnitude. The earthquake is strong enough to knock Saphira, Vincent, and the bandit leader all off their feet. The rest of the bandits are momentarily stunned, looking around in horror.

    Map:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Initiative:
    Bandits, You

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The squares off the road are forest terrain. These forest squares are filled with light undergrowth (2 squares to enter, provides concealment) and trees (provide cover to creatures in the same square).

    Saphira, Vincent, and #2 are all knocked prone.
    Last edited by Dralnu; 2011-05-31 at 10:19 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Wyntonian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Snapshots (IC Thread)

    Tsukido whips the Bastard sword out of its sheath, the shield coming onto his arm as he takes a half-dozen steps to his right and forward.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move action to ready shield and draw weapon, move action to move to I-10

    Stats:
    HP: 15/15; AC: 17, 11 Touch, 16 Flat-Footed
    Saves: Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +0
    Readied Maneuvers: Steely Strike, Moment of Perfect Mind, Steel Wind
    Active Stance: None ATM
    Guess who's good at avatars? Thormag. That's who.

    A Campaign Setting more than a year in the making, Patria!

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Shade Kerrin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010

    Default Re: Snapshots (IC Thread)

    Hatia remains as is, lifting her right arm as she enunciates the magic words to her basic attack spell. These bandits have already expressed their true intentions, and decided the odd conditions is the fault of the party, therefore hers, as the most obvious spell-caster. All that remains is to ensure they don't succeed in taking Saphira away

    Spoiler
    Show
    Standard Action: Magic missile vs no.6 (d4+4)[8] Force damage, autohit.

    Stats:
    HP: 9; AC: 18(vs range)/14(vs Melee), 14/10 Touch, 16/12 Flat-Footed
    Saves: Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +8
    Spells: 0/5 0th, 1/4 1st
    Mima avatar by Memnarch

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Hawkflight's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hacking to the Gate
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Snapshots (IC Thread)

    Saphira looked up and around, letting out a curious chirp. What was going on? The sun suddenly turned red, then scary lady and her friend started to attack! Saphira growled at them, but was suddenly knocked off her feed as the earth shook. The baby dragon let out a startled yelp and fell to the ground until the shaking subsided. As soon as it did, she did the only sensible thing for a baby dragon to do: She burrowed underground.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Take a move action to stand up, then another move action to burrow underground and move to spot G7.

    Saphira
    Female Neutral Electricity Dragon Blue Dragon 1, Level 1, Init +2, HP 15/15, Speed 40 / 20 Burrow
    AC 16, Touch 13, Flat-footed 14, Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +2, Base Attack Bonus 1
    Bite +5 (1d6+3, x2)
    Claw x2 +3 (1d4+1, x2)
    (+2 Dex, +1 Size, +3 Natural)
    Abilities Str 16, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 12
    Condition None
    Adopted li'l sis of Trobby. Adopted daughter of Lix Lorn. Current avatar by Cuthalion.

    Go check out Ask Foxglove. It's full of stars adorable and awesome. She still owes me art....

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Selm View Post
    At this point Medi was convinced leadership was assigned through a substantial amount of alcohol and a dartboard.
    Spoiler: I'm a Pokemon!
    Show


    Is it can be hugs time now plz?

    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show


    Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dralnu's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Snapshots (IC Thread)

    An missile of pure force launches from Hatia's palm towards the nearest bandit archer, slamming squarely into his chest, crushing his rib cage and sending the now lifeless body backward into the undergrowth.

    Map:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Initiative:
    Bandits, You

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just so you know, with a +1 BAB you may draw a sword or ready a shield as part of a move action. I'm not sure if you're allowed to do both (the example with two-weapon fighting allowing you to draw two weapons makes it sound like you can only draw one thing usually), but if you want to move + draw weapon + standard action, feel free to.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: Snapshots (IC Thread)

    Aldus

    Aldus steps up to one of the bandits, drawing his rapier and short sword on the way. Upon reaching his target, he jabs both weapons at the bandit.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Move action to G11. Free action to draw rapier and short sword during the move. Standard action to attack 7 with both weapons.

    Rapier
    Attack roll: [roll]1d20+1[/roll]
    Damage: [roll]1d4+1[/roll]

    Short sword
    Attack roll: [roll]1d20+1[/roll]
    Damage: [roll]1d4+1[/roll]
    Stats:
    HP: 9/9; AC: 17, 14 Touch, 14 Flat-Footed
    Saves: Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +1
    Active Invocations:
    Active Effects:


    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

    By my understanding of two-weapon fighting, I can attack with both weapons as a standard action, if I can't to that, I only attack with the rapier and my attack roll is increased by 2.


    Edit: why won't my damn rolls work???
    Last edited by Lv. 21 commoner; 2011-06-01 at 09:21 AM.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: Snapshots (IC Thread)

    Aldus

    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

    Sorry for double posting, trying my rolls again because they won't work in my other post.


    Rolls
    Spoiler
    Show

    Rapier
    Attack: (1d20+1)[11]
    Damage: (1d4+1)[4]

    Short sword
    Attack: (1d20+1)[21]
    Damage: (1d4+1)[5]

    If I can't attack with both, I only attack with the rapier and my attack roll is increased by 2.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: Snapshots (IC Thread)

    Damn. This isn't exactly a great start Vincent thinks as he kicks himself up and draws his weapons.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move action to stand and move action to draw my two weapons

    Stats
    HP: 10/10; AC: 16, 13 Touch, 13 Flat-Footed
    Saves: Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +0
    Last edited by Zoomba; 2011-06-01 at 10:58 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dralnu's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Snapshots (IC Thread)

    The archer yelps in pain as Aldus' rapier pierces his side.

    Vincent quickly gets back on his feet, moving to the archers to the north while drawing his weapon.

    Round 2

    "They got Elric! Take these wretches down!" The woman begins a loud warchant that is both beautiful and terrifying to listen to. She continues to sing as she ducks behind the broken down carriage.

    The bandit leader's face is boiling with rage as he gets back on his feet. "Damnit, fire away!" He closes the distance to Tsukido.

    The archers comply with the orders, stepping out of melee range and letting loose arrows at the party.

    Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show
    #3 @Haitia:
    attack: (1d20+5)[6] damage: (1d8+4)[5]

    #4 @ Haitia:
    attack: (1d20+5)[23] damage: (1d8+4)[9]

    #5 @ Vincent:
    attack: (1d20+5)[19] damage: (1d8+4)[6]

    #7 @ Aldus:
    attack: (1d20+5)[6] damage: (1d8+4)[11]

    #8 @ Tsukido:
    attack: (1d20+5)[11] damage: (1d8+4)[8]


    One arrow strikes Haitia, piercing the warmage's lung and threatening to bring her down. A second arrow leaves a deep gash in Vincent's neck. There is clearly no ambiguity in the archer's intents: they're aiming to kill.

    Map:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Initiative:
    Bandits, You
    Last edited by Dralnu; 2011-06-03 at 08:56 PM.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Hawkflight's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hacking to the Gate
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Snapshots (IC Thread)

    Suddenly, Saphira popped out of the ground, biting the archer that had shot at mama. With a hiss, she leaped up and him and bit him in the face as he stepped back, then turned to the other nearest archer and unleashed hell on him, leaping at him all teeth and claws. How DARE they attack her family?!

    Spoiler
    Show
    AoO against Bandit 4:

    Bite: (1d20+5)[21]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[6]

    5' step to move up onto the surface.

    Full attack vs. Bandit 3:

    Bite: (1d20+5)[9]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[4]

    Claw: (1d20+3)[23]
    Damage: (1d4+1)[5]

    Claw: (1d20+3)[13]
    Damage: (1d4+1)[2]

    Saphira
    Female Neutral Electricity Dragon Blue Dragon 1, Level 1, Init +2, HP 15/15, Speed 40 / 20 Burrow
    AC 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 16, Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +2, Base Attack Bonus 1
    (+2 Dex, +1 Size, +5 Natural)
    Bite +5 (1d6+3, x2)
    Claw x2 +3 (1d4+1, x2)
    Abilities Str 16, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 12
    Condition None
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2011-06-01 at 11:40 PM.
    Adopted li'l sis of Trobby. Adopted daughter of Lix Lorn. Current avatar by Cuthalion.

    Go check out Ask Foxglove. It's full of stars adorable and awesome. She still owes me art....

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Selm View Post
    At this point Medi was convinced leadership was assigned through a substantial amount of alcohol and a dartboard.
    Spoiler: I'm a Pokemon!
    Show


    Is it can be hugs time now plz?

    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show


    Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Shade Kerrin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010

    Default Re: Snapshots (IC Thread)

    This injury feels pretty severe. Hatia attempts to move to a more advantageous position, but the pain prevents her from getting very far.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: Crawl to F9. Free Action: Drop Prone

    Stats:
    HP: 9; AC: 20(vs range)/12(vs Melee), 16/8 Touch, 18/10 Flat-Footed
    Saves: Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +8
    Spells: 0/5 0th, 1/4 1st
    Last edited by Shade Kerrin; 2011-06-02 at 12:50 AM.
    Mima avatar by Memnarch

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: Snapshots (IC Thread)

    Goddamn plants. Aldus mutters as he forces his way through the undergrowth to the bandit that he injured. As he moves he point to the ground near the bandit and a second Aldus steps into existence. The two Alduses attack the bandit in unison with their rapiers.

    Aldus



    Spoiler
    Show

    Move action to H11. Swift action to invoke Phantom Assailant with Arcane Surge. Phantom Assailant uses a standard action to attack 7. Standard action to attack 7 with rapier.

    Phantom Assailant
    Attack (1d20+3)[22]

    Aldus
    Attack (1d20+3)[4]
    Damage (1d4+1)[2]

    Stats:
    HP: 9/9; AC: 17, 14 Touch, 14 Flat-Footed
    Saves: Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +1
    Active Invocations: Phantom Assailant
    Active Effects:
    Arcane Surge Points: 0/1

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: Snapshots (IC Thread)

    Vincent flinches slightly as the arrow digs deep into his flesh. That's gonna sting. And I wasn't even the worst hit. he muses, sparing a glance back at the mage who seems to have dove down for cover. Forcing himself to shunt the pain aside, Vincent steps towards the nearest archer and slashes at him with each of his sickles.

    Spoiler
    Show
    5-foot step to I7, then attack archer 5 with both sickles.

    Att: (1d20-1)[7]
    (1d20-1)[13]

    Dam: (1d6)[1]
    (1d6)[6]

    Stats
    HP: 4/10; AC: 16, 13 Touch, 13 Flat-Footed
    Saves: Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +0

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dralnu's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Snapshots (IC Thread)

    Saphira's lunging bite is narrowly dodged by the surprised looking archer, but the followup claws slash viciously through his neck and cause him to fall to the ground in a gargling mess of blood.

    The identical twin halflings thrust with their rapiers at a bandit, but the nimble human cleverly uses the brush to evade both stabs.

    Vincent brings both sickles down at an archer. A high swing is ducked by the human, but a second quick horizontal slash leaves a deep cut along his chest.

    Map:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Initiative:
    Tsukido
    Last edited by Dralnu; 2011-06-02 at 05:00 PM.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Wyntonian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Snapshots (IC Thread)

    Tsukido Take a small step to his right, putting himself adjacent to the archer. He then whips his sword across both his opponents, with a maneuver he learned early on in his fighting career.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Standard action to initiate Steel Wind.
    Stats:
    HP: 9/15; AC: 17, 11 Touch, 16 Flat-Footed
    Saves: Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +0
    Readied Maneuvers: Steely Strike, Moment of Perfect Mind, Steel Wind
    Active Stance: None ATM

    Attacks: Against #2:
    Attack: (1d20+5)[9]
    damage:[roll]1d10+3[/roll]
    Against #8Attack: (1d20+5)[22]
    damage:[roll]1d10+3[/roll]

    Damage didn't work, here's my results from an online dice bag. against #8=4 damage, against #2= 7
    Last edited by Wyntonian; 2011-06-02 at 05:53 PM.
    Guess who's good at avatars? Thormag. That's who.

    A Campaign Setting more than a year in the making, Patria!

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dralnu's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Snapshots (IC Thread)

    An upward diagonal slash with Tsukido's bastard sword leaves a trail of blood along the bandit leader's chest.

    Round 3


    The bandit leader snarls in pain from his fresh wound, swinging his scimitar at Tsukido in retaliation. The blade connects, leaving a deep cut in the warblade's shoulder.

    Tsukido:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You take 6 damage.


    A horrified looking archer fires an arrow at Saphira moments after she downed a bandit. The arrow pierces between two scales and lodges deep within her back, narrowly avoiding her spine.

    Saphira:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You take 12 damage.


    An archer backs away from Vincent and fires an arrow, but the sickle-wielder quickly ducks under its path.

    Unsure of which person to strike, the archer takes a step back and fires at Aldus' illusory double, but the arrow flies harmlessly into a bush.

    As the fight continues, you all feel the ground shudder again, but not as violently as before. A few seconds later, you feel it again. Thump. Thump.

    Map:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Initiative:
    Bandits, You
    Last edited by Dralnu; 2011-06-03 at 08:56 PM.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Hawkflight's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hacking to the Gate
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Snapshots (IC Thread)

    Saphira whimpered and nosed mama's body, worried. She was about to do something else when an arrow imbedded itself in her back. She snarled in pain and anger as she glared at the man who had fired the arrow. It would be the last mistake he'd ever make. She hopped over to him and lunged for his throat.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Move to H6 and attack Bandit #4

    (1d20+5)[13]
    (1d6+3)[8]
    (1d100)[41]

    (1d20+3)[23]
    (1d4+1)[2]
    (1d100)[65]

    (1d20+3)[18]
    (1d4+1)[5]
    (1d100)[38]

    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2011-06-03 at 09:08 PM.
    Adopted li'l sis of Trobby. Adopted daughter of Lix Lorn. Current avatar by Cuthalion.

    Go check out Ask Foxglove. It's full of stars adorable and awesome. She still owes me art....

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Selm View Post
    At this point Medi was convinced leadership was assigned through a substantial amount of alcohol and a dartboard.
    Spoiler: I'm a Pokemon!
    Show


    Is it can be hugs time now plz?

    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show


    Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dralnu's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Snapshots (IC Thread)

    Saphira's lunging bite tears into the bandit's throat and rips it open in a bloody mess. With the dragon taking out another archer, only three bandits are remaining.

    Map:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Initiative:
    Bandits, You

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: Snapshots (IC Thread)

    (Last round's AoO)
    Vincent strikes out at the wounded archer as he attempts to take cover further into the undergrowth.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Att: (1d20+1)[20]
    Dam: (1d6)[6]

    Waiting on the results of this to make my move.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: Snapshots (IC Thread)

    Alduss

    As the bandit retreats the two halflings lunge with their rapiers before he gets away.

    Spoiler
    Show

    AoOs

    Phantom
    Attack: (1d20+1)[5]

    Aldus
    Attack: (1d20+3)[12]
    Damage: (1d4+1)[2]

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dralnu's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Snapshots (IC Thread)

    Aldus' quick rapier stab pierces the bandit's side as he retreats, bloodied but still standing.

    An archer howls in pain as Vincent's sickle slashes his back as he moves away through the undergrowth.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: Snapshots (IC Thread)

    Aldus

    Aldus' double disappears in a flash of blue light after attacking the bandit. The real Aldus chases the bandit through the undergrowth. Pointing to the ground, he summons another double which steps around the bandit. They then attempt to shove their rapiers through the bandit's chest.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Move action to J12. Swift action to invoke Phantom Assailant with Arcane Surge. Phantom Assailant appears in I13 and takes a move action to J14. Phantom Assailant attacks 7. Aldus attacks 7.

    Phantom
    Attack: (1d20+5)[23]
    Concealment: (1d100)[87]

    Aldus
    Attack: (1d20+5)[13]
    Concealment: (1d100)[71]
    Damage: (1d4+1)[2]

    Stats:
    HP: 9/9; AC: 17, 14 Touch, 14 Flat-Footed
    Saves: Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +1
    Active Invocations:
    Active Effects:
    Arcane Surge: 1/1 --> 0/1

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: Snapshots (IC Thread)

    Damn these thugs are resiliant Vincent thinks as he wades through the brush to finish off the last archer. Right before he reaches his foe, the obvious answer as to why hits him. "Dragon, the woman!" He calls as he slashes once more at the bowman. "She must be bolstering their forces. We need to stop her chanting!

    Spoiler
    Show

    5-foot step to J6, then attack archer 5 with both sickles.

    Att: a) (1d20-1)[2]
    b) (1d20-1)[16]
    Dam: a) (1d6)[5]
    b) (1d6)[1]

    Stats
    HP: 4/10; AC: 16, 13 Touch, 13 Flat-Footed
    Saves: Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •