New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default LOS' World Building Game

The Rules (for easy reference)
    Spoiler
    Show
    How it's going to work
    Player x comes up with a pitch and submits it. It will take two other players the expenditure of one point to support the pitch for it to become a fact. If after 48 hours a pitch is unsupported (weekends excepted), it is voided, costing the player no points. If another player doesn't like the pitch, they can voice it (vetoing it) and the pitch will become void costing the pitcher no points. It will require 2 players to voice a veto for it for the veto to go into effect.

The amount of points to make a pitch will depend on the scope of the pitch. It will cost 2 points minimum; the broader the pitch, the more it costs to make it.

2 points for a pitch limited to a very small area or a city

3 points limited to a region (approximately the size of a county/parrish),

3-5 points limited to a kingdom/empire (3 for small [like Germany], 4 for medium [like Canada/USA], 5 for large [USSR before it broke up]

5 points if the pitch affects the whole world.

In addition, you can bring the cost of the pitch down by including extra detail. A standard pitch only requires one paragraph, but the summary needs to be enought that everyone understands it. For each paragraph beyond the first, the cost of the pitch is reduced by one point, to a minimum of 1 point. The expanded information must extrapolate from the last bit (paragraph).

Finally, if a player a makes a pitch relating to player b's pitch, it is suggested that player b give player a 1 point. It isn't necessary, but it encourages linking pitches together.
    After you've made a Pitch, subtract the number of points the pitch costs to make. If you want to give another player a point please list the player name and say '+1 point'. This will help to keep my book-keeping simple, as I will keep the tally in this post.

The Players | Points
    Lord_Of_Sarunia | 200
    DragonOfUndeath | 200
    Privateer | 200
    Valley | 200
    DJDeMiko | 200
    Gaius | 200
    An_Enemy_Spy | 200
    Greystone | 200
    Armin | 200
    Erik_Vale | 200
    Mira_Man | 200
    Sir | 200

Pitches That Have Become Facts
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fact #1
    Last edited by Twin Dragons; 2011-09-14 at 07:07 PM.
    Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a... (retook on 09/13/11)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lawful Neutral Human Druid/Cleric (2nd/2nd Level)

Ability Scores:
    STR 9, DEX 11, CON 12, INT 13, WIS 14, CHA 14

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: LOS' World Building Game

Pitch #1
    The world is very young, practically just formed from the primordial soup. It is vast in untamed wilderness and the races that live topside currently live in harmony with nature.

Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Ability Scores:

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Pitch #2
    Primordial power leaks through the soup of chaos that the world had come from, bleeding out of the rift/tear in space/void whatever, giving the world a kind of energy and power, called magic.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Pitch #3
    The young earth trembles and shakes. The ground splits, mountains rise, belching forth smoke and lava. The fledgling races run and hide, but for many, there is no escape from the inferno. The sky turns black and poisonous, and the ground is choked with ashes, covered in the now burnt and dead remains of the lush forests that had once dominated the landscape. Life will survive on this world, but the innocent age of beauty has come to an end, leaving behind a desolate landscape in which every day will be a desperate struggle to hold on to life.

Last edited by An Enemy Spy; 2011-09-14 at 08:36 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5

Don't forget to support pitches folks.
    Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Ability Scores:

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    Pitch #2
    Primordial power leaks through the soup of chaos that the world had come from, bleeding out of the rift/tear in space/void whatever, giving the world a kind of energy and power, called magic.

I'll support this pitch.

Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Ability Scores:

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    Pitch #2
    Quote Originally Posted by An Enemy Spy View Post
    Pitch #3
    The young earth trembles and shakes. The ground splits, mountains rise, belching forth smoke and lava. The fledgling races run and hide, but for many, there is no escape from the inferno. The sky turns black and poisonous, and the ground is choked with ashes, covered in the now burnt and dead remains of the lush forests that had once dominated the landscape. Life will survive on this world, but the innocent age of beauty has come to an end, leaving behind a desolate landscape in which every day will be a desperate struggle to hold on to life.
    I'll support these Pitches.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Pitch #4

Despite the desolation and lava strewn wasteland, new life is given form. Born of the very lifeblood of the planet, Dragon's are born. Great creatures, with scales made from minerals from the earth and blood of hissing magma, these creatures gained dominion over the planet, and what life was had to be on it. With power came intelligence, a shrewd powerful spark that inspired the Dragons to twist some of the Magic of the world to their will.

Last edited by Greystone; 2011-09-14 at 11:40 PM.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

Ordinarily I find Dragons to be a bit cliche unless they've got a spefic role, but ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Greystone View Post
    Pitch #4

Despite the desolation and lava strewn wasteland, new life is given form. Born of the very lifeblood of the planet, Dragon's are born. Great creatures, with scales made from minerals from the earth and blood of hissing magma, these creatures gained dominion over the planet, and what life was had to be on it. With power came intelligence, a shrewd powerful spark that inspired the Dragons to twist some of the Magic of the world to their will.
    This was fairly cool.
    I'll support this one too

10. - Top - End - #10

Pitch #4

<snip>

I'll support this.

Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Ability Scores:

11. - Top - End - #11

Pitch #1 and 2 still need support to become facts.
    Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Ability Scores:

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Since Pitch 4 is working off Pitch 3, does that count as an approval?

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

*redacted*
    Last edited by Greystone; 2011-09-15 at 10:40 AM.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

14. - Top - End - #14

Quote Originally Posted by Mira_Man View Post
    ...I thought a pitch only needed two approves to become fact...
    Why did pitch 2 need three?
    Becausse I was tired and couldn't count.
    Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Ability Scores:

15. - Top - End - #15
    Barbarian in the Playground

Pitch #5
    The Age of Dragons comes to a close slowly as many turn on each other in wars over minerals, land, and ideas. Their use of magic meant even the smallest of wars could destroy whole cities, reshape the land, and turn forests into burnt, broken, wastelands. In the end they fall, leaving behind legends, ruins, and hidden weapons so powerful they could wipe out millions.
    In their place come new races - many from animals the Dragons had designed or trained as their servants - who see the Dragons as Gods or Devils or made up. Little do they know that some Dragons still exist - waiting, plotting, complaining - till the time they can RETURN!

Now Points:195
    Last edited by Valley; 2011-09-15 at 07:12 AM.
    Avatar crafted by the Great and All Knowing Mr_Saturn

HEY! Nobody kills that many of my followers in one round except ME! Or maybe the goblin!

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    If I thought I could have slipped laser-headed sharks through the WOTC editing staff, I would have.
    Spoiler
    Show

Let's Play -Road Of Queens - CKII India AAR

16. - Top - End - #16
    Bugbear in the Playground

Pitch #3
    Pitch #6
    So thoroughly did the smoke blot out the skies that accounts of the sun and moon became myth and legend. The stars, however, rose to prominence. They pierced the shroud of darkness at all times, and gave the world a little light. Albeit an unsettling one. For none can look upon the stars and constellations they form without feeling in their bones, hearts, minds, souls -- everything -- that there are strange secrets written up there.

Over time, all have become convinced of this. Those who look may gain insight into things that are and were, and most of all, with frightening accuracy, things that will be and knowledge to warp the world itself. It drives some mad, and this encourages many more to look skyward as little as possible. Still, almost all have gained something from them at some point. And the bold risk more, thereby becoming mighty oracles, and wielders of alien magics the stars taught to them.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Pitch #6
    So thoroughly did the smoke blot out the skies that accounts of the sun and moon became myth and legend. The stars, however, rose to prominence. They pierced the shroud of darkness at all times, and gave the world a little light. Albeit an unsettling one. For none can look upon the stars and constellations they form without feeling in their bones, hearts, minds, souls -- everything -- that there are strange secrets written up there.

Over time, all have become convinced of this. Those who look may gain insight into things that are and were, and most of all, with frightening accuracy, things that will be and knowledge to warp the world itself. It drives some mad, and this encourages many more to look skyward as little as possible. Still, almost all have gained something from them at some point. And the bold risk more, thereby becoming mighty oracles, and wielders of alien magics the stars taught to them.

This one approved.
    Last edited by An Enemy Spy; 2011-09-15 at 10:54 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Pitch #6

Oh...Lovecraft!
    Seconded.

HEY! Nobody kills that many of my followers in one round except ME! Or maybe the goblin!

If I thought I could have slipped laser-headed sharks through the WOTC editing staff, I would have.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Valley View Post
    Pitch #5
    The Age of Dragons comes to a close slowly as many turn on each other in wars over minerals, land, and ideas. Their use of magic meant even the smallest of wars could destroy whole cities, reshape the land, and turn forests into burnt, broken, wastelands. In the end they fall, leaving behind legends, ruins, and hidden weapons so powerful they could wipe out millions.
    In their place come new races - many from animals the Dragons had designed or trained as their servants - who see the Dragons as Gods or Devils or made up. Little do they know that some Dragons still exist - waiting, plotting, complaining - till the time they can RETURN!
    Seconded

Even as the World died around the Dragons and their younger, childlike races, the seers that studied the Stars luaghed at the fools, having long since made plans, having forseen this was happening. Some used this opertunity to become strong, others fled to make their own nations, and others just fled to suvive the best they could. Of these groups, three where strongest amoungst the fledgling races.

Of these groups, 3 Main groups had Formed. The Empire of Many in the West. The Warforged in the far north. The Seers of Cathy In the East. The Empire consisted of Dragons and the many fledgling races, all working to support eachother, but prone to infighting (Imagine Warhammer's The Empire). The Warforged was the largest and the most powerful of the groups that fourght for power, and the people ranged from imperialistic, being the main controlling, with smaller tribes being Barbaric, and others Being mercenaries. (Warhammers Warriors of Chaos, Dogs of War, overuled by a evil empire).

The Eastern Seers were the only group of only dragons, and they continued to study the stars and the lores of magic, living in marble spires, the were less an empire, and more a group of singular overulling draconic Magi and Seers, each controlling their own towers and the surrounding areas. They would act together in mutual protection, but otherwise the left eachother alone, their servents working the land while they continued thier studies. (Individual wizards and Seers being Demi-God like. Imagine Say Belgerath, or thet anoying Kobold Seer in OOT's, Except they all run their own little barony, so like England but no king.)

Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.

Life is Hectic.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Sarunia View Post
    Becausse I was tired and couldn't count.
    Sorry. I guess that was a little rude of me...
    I was just worried I misread the rules.

I should try my hand at a pitch sometime soon though...

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Pitch #4

Support this, I do.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Pitch 4
    I support this Pitch as well (With 5 points, to add power to the Dragons)

Last edited by ArlEammon; 2011-09-17 at 12:01 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground

It is my understanding that several pitches have had (more than) enough to become facts. Take Pitch 4, it has three supporters.

Could we maybe update the first post to include these? Please?

24. - Top - End - #24

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    Even as the World died around the Dragons and their younger, childlike races, the seers that studied the Stars luaghed at the fools, having long since made plans, having forseen this was happening. Some used this opertunity to become strong, others fled to make their own nations, and others just fled to suvive the best they could. Of these groups, three where strongest amoungst the fledgling races.

Of these groups, 3 Main groups had Formed. The Empire of Many in the West. The Warforged in the far north. The Seers of Cathy In the East. The Empire consisted of Dragons and the many fledgling races, all working to support eachother, but prone to infighting (Imagine Warhammer's The Empire). The Warforged was the largest and the most powerful of the groups that fourght for power, and the people ranged from imperialistic, being the main controlling, with smaller tribes being Barbaric, and others Being mercenaries. (Warhammers Warriors of Chaos, Dogs of War, overuled by a evil empire).

The Eastern Seers were the only group of only dragons, and they continued to study the stars and the lores of magic, living in marble spires, the were less an empire, and more a group of singular overulling draconic Magi and Seers, each controlling their own towers and the surrounding areas. They would act together in mutual protection, but otherwise the left eachother alone, their servents working the land while they continued thier studies. (Individual wizards and Seers being Demi-God like. Imagine Say Belgerath, or thet anoying Kobold Seer in OOT's, Except they all run their own little barony, so like England but no king.)

Seconded Points: 193

Should we stop to bring this stuff together into some kind of time line before moving on?

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

At the very least we should state the facts in their section.