Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 195
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    peacenlove's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chania, Greece
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Feats Inspired by "A Wizard Could Do Worse"

    Quote Originally Posted by SPoD View Post
    Win Button
    You can win.
    Prerequisites: No levels in Samurai or Truenamer.
    Benefit: Once per day, you win. Tell the DM that the encounter is over and that you won.
    Special: He might make you roll a die or something, but screw it. You won.

    See, it's balanced because of its limited usage.
    This has inspired me to do this silly feat

    Still not enough...
    You still don't get it... Magic wins everything!
    Prerequisites: No levels in a spellcasting class, level 7th.
    Benefit: Choose 2 classes other than your own. None of the chosen class must have any form of spellcasting (variants of spellcasting such as binding or soul melding are excluded, however set spell like abilities granted by the class itself are not). You gain the benefits of those 2 classes as if you had as many levels on those classes as you have now.
    Special: If you ever gain a level in a spellcasting class (or any form of variant spellcasting), you lose the benefits of this feat.

    Complete Shadow Magic! for Pathfinder Rules. (Google Docs PDF)
    Newest: Shadowcaster Archetypes
    WIP:Wordcasting Shadowcaster:

    Awesome Avatar by Serpentine! Thanks a lot!
    I am willing and able to critique homebrew material. PM me a link if you want a critique. If this applies to you too, put this in your sig.
    Previous games: Life in Hell
    as Moira

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground
     
    NeoSeraphi's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    At the top
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Feats Inspired by "A Wizard Could Do Worse"

    I'm gonna post something non-bear related now so the OP doesn't get mad at us. (And also because Cipher totally one-upped all of us and I can't think of a good bear-related comeback)

    How Many Swords Am I Holding Up?
    Prerequisites: Deadly Concussion (DR 333), Str 15
    Benefits: When you strike a foe with a bludgeoning weapon (even if you're dealing damage from the Deadly Concussion feat) your opponent must make a Fortitude Save. The DC is equal to 10 + 1/2 your Character Level +your Str modifier + the penalty you took for Power Attack this round, if any. The DC is also increased by 4 if this damage was dealt after you successfully Sundered a piece of armor or a weapon via the Deadly Concussion feat.

    If your foe fails their Fortitude save, they suffer a dazing condition. Unlike the normal Daze condition, this condition instead provides a concealment chance to all of the dazed character's attack targets. Roll 1d8 every time he attacks a new character. (If he doesn't change targets, keep the result of the last roll you made for that target). That character is treated as being under the Mirror Image spell, with a number of doubles equal to the result of the d8 dice. This is not an illusion effect, nor a magical effect, nor a mind-affecting effect. You just hit the guy so hard he's seeing double. Or triple. An additional failed save resets the duration, which happens to be 1 minute.
    Sweet sorcerer avatar by Cuthalion

    Seraphi HomebrewTM

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cipherthe3vil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Here and there.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Feats Inspired by "A Wizard Could Do Worse"

    Norris Transformation
    Prerequisites: Ability to summon Bearzilla, Character level 30
    Benefits: Once per month, You turn into an avatar of the mighty being... Chuck Norris.
    Transformation lasts ten seconds. But to Norris, that might as well be eternity.
    During this time, You can do 5 things, any 5 things. Before the real Norris stops finding your play act amusing and decides to kill you for your impudence. There are some restrictions however, for one, the real Chuck Norris might not like what you did with the place. Second, theres always the chance you reawaken Raptor Jesus and we all know that if you do that Cyborg Pirate Ninja Zombie Jesus will pick up its life signals again... calling him to your universe.

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ziegander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Pabrygg Keep
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Feats Inspired by "A Wizard Could Do Worse"

    Bearth Weapon
    Prerequisites: Con 17, Large Size, 4 or more HD
    Benefit: As a standard action you let loose a devastating breath weapon in a 5ft per HD times your Constitution modifier cone-shaped area. Every 5ft square in the area is immediately filled with a Black Bear. Creatures already in the area are dealt 2d6+6 bludgeoning damage and may be knocked prone. After you use this Breath Weapon you cannot use it again for 1d4 rounds. Creatures smaller than Medium size within the area cannot avoid being knocked prone. Medium-sized creatures within the area must succeed on a Reflex saving throw (DC 10 + 1/2 your number of HD + your Constitution modifier) to avoid being knocked prone. If a medium-sized creature's saving throw succeeds the Black Bear in their space is knocked prone. Creatures larger than Medium size within the area are not knocked prone, the Black Bear in their space is knocked prone.
    Special: If you are Huge size or larger and have 7 or more HD you may fill every 10ft x 10ft portion of the area with a Brown Bear or a Polar Bear. Creatures in any such portion of the area are dealt 3d6+12 bludgeoning damage and may be knocked prone. Creatures smaller than Large size cannot avoid being knocked prone, Large-sized creatures may make a Reflex save to avoid it (as above), and creatures larger than Large size aren't knocked prone (as above).
    Special: If you are Huge size or larger and have 13 or more HD you may fill every 10ft x 10ft portion of the area with a Dire Bear dealing creatures in those portions 4d6+24 bludgeoning damage and may be knocked prone as with for Brown or Polar Bears.
    Special: Bears produced by this feat are not summoned creatures and do not last for any specific duration. The effect of this feat is instantaneous and all bears linger for as long as they wish. These bears are under no specific control, though they are indifferent toward you and up to 5 other creatures of your choice. Just... don't piss them off.

    EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeraphi View Post
    I'm gonna post something non-bear related now so the OP doesn't get mad at us.
    Last edited by Ziegander; 2011-06-03 at 10:14 PM.
    The Lorewarden's Lair: My new blog. Stop by and read some stories, comic book scripts, and more! Also on Blogger!

    Homebrew


    Other Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Special Thanks: Kymme! You and your awesome avatarist skills have made me a Lore Warden in addition to King of Fighter Fixes!

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground
     
    NeoSeraphi's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    At the top
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Feats Inspired by "A Wizard Could Do Worse"

    Quote Originally Posted by Ziegander View Post
    Bearth Weapon
    Prerequisites: Con 17, Large Size, 4 or more HD
    Benefit: As a standard action you let loose a devastating breath weapon in a 5ft per HD times your Constitution modifier cone-shaped area. Every 5ft square in the area is immediately filled with a Black Bear. Creatures already in the area are dealt 2d6+6 bludgeoning damage and may be knocked prone. After you use this Breath Weapon you cannot use it again for 1d4 rounds. Creatures smaller than Medium size within the area cannot avoid being knocked prone. Medium-sized creatures within the area must succeed on a Reflex saving throw (DC 10 + 1/2 your number of HD + your Constitution modifier) to avoid being knocked prone. If a medium-sized creature's saving throw succeeds the Black Bear in their space is knocked prone. Creatures larger than Medium size within the area are not knocked prone, the Black Bear in their space is knocked prone.
    Special: If you are Huge size or larger and have 7 or more HD you may fill every 10ft x 10ft portion of the area with a Brown Bear or a Polar Bear. Creatures in any such portion of the area are dealt 3d6+12 bludgeoning damage and may be knocked prone. Creatures smaller than Large size cannot avoid being knocked prone, Large-sized creatures may make a Reflex save to avoid it (as above), and creatures larger than Large size aren't knocked prone (as above).
    Special: If you are Huge size or larger and have 13 or more HD you may fill every 10ft x 10ft portion of the area with a Dire Bear dealing creatures in those portions 4d6+24 bludgeoning damage and may be knocked prone as with for Brown or Polar Bears.
    Special: Bears produced by this feat are not summoned creatures and do not last for any specific duration. The effect of this feat is instantaneous and all bears linger for as long as they wish. These bears are under no specific control, though they are indifferent toward you and up to 5 other creatures of your choice. Just... don't piss them off.

    EDIT:

    Wow. It's nice to see we're among friends.

    I would love to see a Bear Master (the base class I just made and linked to earlier in the thread) with all these bear feats, especially Aura of Bears, Bearstorm, Bearth Weapon, Bear Meter Storm, and All Fear The Wrath of the Bear God. This is all too funny
    Sweet sorcerer avatar by Cuthalion

    Seraphi HomebrewTM

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Feats Inspired by "A Wizard Could Do Worse"

    SONIC BOOM
    You swing so hard you break the sound barrier.
    Prerequisites: 18 STR, Level 14, No spell casting.
    Benefit: Once per day, you deal (class level)d6 sonic damage to everything in a 50 foot cone. No save.
    Last edited by wiimanclassic; 2011-06-04 at 12:19 AM.

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground
     
    NineThePuma's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kris Avatar made by Thorm
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Feats Inspired by "A Wizard Could Do Worse"

    Cipher, could you spoiler your pic on the last page? It stretches the page horribly.

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cipherthe3vil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Here and there.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Feats Inspired by "A Wizard Could Do Worse"

    Didn't stretch my page.... *spoiler'd*

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground
     
    NineThePuma's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kris Avatar made by Thorm
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Feats Inspired by "A Wizard Could Do Worse"

    I use a 1076x800 monitor, or some such. I might be unique, but... meh. Off topic convo will go into private messages.

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Andre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Tempus Fugit
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Feats Inspired by "A Wizard Could Do Worse"

    Not In My House

    Prerequisites: WIS 13, Knowledge (architecture and engineering) 15 ranks.
    Benefit: Is it Magic, or simple Mimetism? Perhaps it's just simpler self-awareness. Once per encounter, you can activate the command word yelling "Not In my House!".
    This ability functions then as casting Mage's Private Sanctum as a spell-like ability that does not provoke attacks of opportunity and cannot be dispelled or subject to Antimagic Field. In addition, while in the Sanctum area you are immune to all spells of 9th level or lower. For the purpose of using this ability, treat your character as immune to the Silence spell.
    Normal: Get a degree in Engineering unless you want to be blasted by the first drunk sorcerer that passes by casting Meteor Swarm.
    Last edited by Andre; 2011-06-04 at 04:27 AM.
    The Pen is mightier than the Sword - when the message is written in Blood.

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Doorhandle's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Feats Inspired by "A Wizard Could Do Worse"

    G.T.F.O

    No, seriously, GET OUT.

    Prerequisites:Strength bonus of 10+, (not including temporary bonus, but including that from magic items.) Vocal cords, a limb to point with, no levels in a spell-casting class.

    Benefits: Once per day, you can demand one creature you can point at to GET THE **** OUT. The creature has one minute to get out of a radius 100ft wide/character class level. If it is fails to escape the radius before one minute passes, they must make a fortitude save or die, at 10+difficulty/level. Even if they succeed this save, they take 400 damage, with no save and which is not affected by Damage resistance, Spell Resistance, or Fast-healing/regeneration.

    If the creature survives ether of these effects, it is immediately pushed to the edge of your G.T.F.O radius.

    Special: A creature without the prerequisites can take this feat, but cannot utilize it. it still counts for acquiring the improved, greater, ands supreme G.T.F.O feats.

    The creature using this feat must be able to move and speak clearly, as if the feat required a verbal and somatic component.

    I'll get around to posting THOSE feats later.

    edit: New one:

    Stab the soul

    Prerequisites: 5+ sneak attack damage die, weapon focus and a profound and unending hatred for all those who would defy sneak attack damage.

    Benifit: Your sneak attack damage die can affect even those normally immune to sneak attack and critical damage, provided they have a soul(or an elemental spirit bonded into them as a vessel, as with golems). This also affects outsiders, as they ARE a soul, and undead, as they ether have a vague proto-soul, their original soul, or are a soul, as per outsiders.

    If the target dies from your sneak attack damage, or within 2 rounds of receiving your sneak attack damage, they can only be raised by True Resurrection.

    If the target is under the effect of Magic Jar, the effect is ended immediately upon being hit with this feat, and the possessor who cats the spell is immediately shunted back into their original body, which suffers twice your sneak attack damage. If their original body is already destroyed, they die, and can only be resurrected as above.

    If you use this feat on a Lich, their soul is immediately forced back into their phylactery, with no save. their current body crumbles to dust, and they have to regenerate it as normal.
    Last edited by Doorhandle; 2011-06-04 at 04:24 AM.
    Have a deviantart!
    Can't write. Can't plan. Can draw a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    "In his free time, he gates in Balors just so he can kill and eat them later!"

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Razgriez's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Feats Inspired by "A Wizard Could Do Worse"

    Quote Originally Posted by SPoD View Post
    Win Button
    You can win.
    Prerequisites: No levels in Samurai or Truenamer.
    Benefit: Once per day, you win. Tell the DM that the encounter is over and that you won.
    Special: He might make you roll a die or something, but screw it. You won.

    See, it's balanced because of its limited usage.
    Heh, reminds me of an interesting card game I picked up at Otakon last year, aptly named "We Didn't Playtest This at All"

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground
     
    TheLonelyScribe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ingleterra
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Feats Inspired by "A Wizard Could Do Worse"

    Quote Originally Posted by SPoD View Post
    Aura of Bears
    Bears. In an aura.
    Just... just the best thing ever.

    Other stuff: Does this dress make me look like a DRAGON? Rules for Glamerweaving

    Excellent gnome scribe avatar to match my username by licoot.

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kinslayer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Feats Inspired by "A Wizard Could Do Worse"

    Bearocolaypse
    Prereq's : BELIEVE IN THE HEART OF THE BEARS
    Benefit : The world is now bears. No saving throw. This includes all objects.

    I couldn't resist.
    Last edited by Kinslayer; 2011-06-04 at 09:18 AM.
    Rowe's Rule: the odds are five to six that the light at the end of the tunnel is the headlight of an oncoming train.

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Morty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Feats Inspired by "A Wizard Could Do Worse"

    This thread is several kinds of awesome. So awesome I just have to contribute, albeit with something not bear-related.

    Cut Your Heart Out With a Spoon
    Prerequisites: BaB +12, Weapon Focus (Spoon), Greater Weapon Focus (Spoon), Weapon Specialization (Spoon), Improved Critical (Spoon)
    Benefits: Three times per day when you successfully hit an opponent with a spoon, they have to make a Fortitude save with the DC equal to your attack roll or die instantly, their hearts having been cut out with the spoon. This feat does not work on enemies immune to critical hits.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Kid Kris. Sigatars by Gulaghar, Kid Kris, Zefir and billtodamax, respectively.

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Seerow's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Feats Inspired by "A Wizard Could Do Worse"

    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    This thread is several kinds of awesome. So awesome I just have to contribute, albeit with something not bear-related.

    Cut Your Heart Out With a Spoon
    Prerequisites: BaB +12, Weapon Focus (Spoon), Greater Weapon Focus (Spoon), Weapon Specialization (Spoon), Improved Critical (Spoon)
    Benefits: Three times per day when you successfully hit an opponent with a spoon, they have to make a Fortitude save with the DC equal to your attack roll or die instantly, their hearts having been cut out with the spoon. This feat does not work on enemies immune to critical hits.
    Only 3 times per day, requiring a minimum 8 levels in fighter and 4 terrible feats? That's something I'd legitimately let in my game and laugh at the guy stupid enough to take it.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?


  17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Morty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Feats Inspired by "A Wizard Could Do Worse"

    That's what I figured. Would making each spoon attack a save-or-die and/or dropping the requirements make it appropriately over-the-top?
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Kid Kris. Sigatars by Gulaghar, Kid Kris, Zefir and billtodamax, respectively.

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Seerow's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Feats Inspired by "A Wizard Could Do Worse"

    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    That's what I figured. Would making each spoon attack a save-or-die and/or dropping the requirements make it appropriately over-the-top?
    Yeah, dropping it to weapon focus (spoon) and maybe improved crit (spoon), and making it at will would make it suitably over the top power wise.


    To make it REALLY over the top, give bonuses for using a rusty wooden spoon, and add in something about eating the hearts that the spoon carves out.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?


  19. - Top - End - #79
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cipherthe3vil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Here and there.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Feats Inspired by "A Wizard Could Do Worse"

    Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    Yeah, dropping it to weapon focus (spoon) and maybe improved crit (spoon), and making it at will would make it suitably over the top power wise.


    To make it REALLY over the top, give bonuses for using a rusty wooden spoon, and add in something about eating the hearts that the spoon carves out.

    Don't forget to check out the Maid for you flaming spoon(Frying pan, or otherwise) wielding butlers or uniform wearing girls. (on topic)


    Quote Originally Posted by Kinslayer View Post
    Bearocolaypse
    Prereq's : BELIEVE IN THE HEART OF THE BEARS, Wrath of the Bear God, character level 40
    Benefit : all creatures are now bears, big or small size same as it was previously. Food chain now consists of meat, meat and meat. Though retaining intelligence, Chances are they're to fuzzy and shaped different to use many of their current civilizations creations such as spoons, or door knobs. But hey, give it time.

    I couldn't resist.
    Me neither .
    Last edited by Cipherthe3vil; 2011-06-04 at 01:52 PM.

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Morty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Feats Inspired by "A Wizard Could Do Worse"

    Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    Yeah, dropping it to weapon focus (spoon) and maybe improved crit (spoon), and making it at will would make it suitably over the top power wise.


    To make it REALLY over the top, give bonuses for using a rusty wooden spoon, and add in something about eating the hearts that the spoon carves out.
    Right. I was far too cautions, given the purpose of this thread.
    The final version:

    Cut Your Heart Out With a Spoon
    Prerequisites: BaB +12, Weapon Focus (Spoon), Improved Critical (Spoon)
    Benefits: Every time you successfully hit an opponent with a spoon, they have to make a Fortitude save with the DC equal to your attack roll or die instantly, their hearts having been cut out with the spoon. This feat does not work on enemies lacking a heart or similar organ that they require to live. A rusty or wooden spoon increases the DC by 2. Eating the heart of the enemy killed in such a fashion grants you the benefits of a Cure Critical Wounds spell.
    Last edited by Morty; 2011-06-04 at 02:27 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Kid Kris. Sigatars by Gulaghar, Kid Kris, Zefir and billtodamax, respectively.

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cipherthe3vil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Here and there.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Feats Inspired by "A Wizard Could Do Worse"

    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Right. I was far too cautions, given the purpose of this thread.
    The final version:

    Cut Your Heart Out With a Spoon
    Prerequisites: BaB +12, Weapon Focus (Spoon), Improved Critical (Spoon)
    Benefits: Every time you successfully hit an opponent with a spoon, they have to make a Fortitude save with the DC equal to your attack roll or die instantly, their hearts having been cut out with the spoon. This feat does not work on enemies lacking a needed anatomy containing a heart or similar organ in the first place. A rusty or wooden spoon increases the DC by 2. Eating the heart of the enemy killed in such a fashion grants you the benefits of a Cure Critical Wounds spell.
    That seems to make more sense, since some creatures can be immune to critical hits or still require a heart to live..

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Morty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Feats Inspired by "A Wizard Could Do Worse"

    Yes, I suppose it makes sense.

    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cipherthe3vil View Post
    Time to stock up up on Tiny sized Daggers.

    Parry:
    Benefit: You can use an attack of opportunity to make an attack against an attack. If your attack roll is superior, The attack is negated.

    Magiparry:

    Prerequisites: Knowledge Arcana 10 ranks. Parry
    Benefits: You can make an attack roll against Spells that require an attack roll. If your attack roll is superior, spell is negated.

    Magebane
    Prerequisites: Knowledge Arcana 15 ranks, Spellwack, Magiparry
    Benefits: You can make an attack roll against the DC+5 of a spell targeting you. If you succeed, the spell is negated.
    Magiparry's can now reflect the spell back at the caster.
    I was thinking about a final feat in this line that lets you parry literally everything, including spell-like abilities, supernatural abilities, avalanches and falling damage. Unless there is one and I missed it.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Kid Kris. Sigatars by Gulaghar, Kid Kris, Zefir and billtodamax, respectively.

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cipherthe3vil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Here and there.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Feats Inspired by "A Wizard Could Do Worse"

    yep .

    Freakward
    Prerequisites: Knowledge Arcana; 20 ranks, Magebane
    Benefits: You can make an attack of opportunity against the DC+10 of a supernatural, spell like, psi like or similar ability targeting you or the attack roll +5 (if ability uses an attack roll instead of DC save) If you succeed, the effect(s) is/are negated.
    Magiparry's can now reflect the spell back at the caster.

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Feats Inspired by "A Wizard Could Do Worse"

    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Yes, I suppose it makes sense.

    Also:


    I was thinking about a final feat in this line that lets you parry literally everything, including spell-like abilities, supernatural abilities, avalanches and falling damage. Unless there is one and I missed it.
    But can you DODGE anything? Like the ground while falling.

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: Feats Inspired by "A Wizard Could Do Worse"

    MetaKnowledge
    Prerequisite: Must have visited a gaming forums, Knowledge (any)
    Effect: Once per turn, you may hand the DM any object (including dice, blank paper, dust, something you just grabbed from them, ect.). You can then ask the DM any question, and they must answer.

    The ultimate divination technique!
    Last edited by 137ben; 2011-06-04 at 02:53 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    Grod's Law: You cannot and should not balance bad mechanics by making them annoying to use
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    If Orcus was a nesting doll, that would certainly make the whole thing work smoother. When you cast a level 1 summoning spell, you summon the little Orcus from the middle, but when you cast Gate, you get the really big Orcus that holds all the small Orcuses.

    Extended Signature

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cipherthe3vil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Here and there.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Feats Inspired by "A Wizard Could Do Worse"

    Quote Originally Posted by wiimanclassic View Post
    But can you DODGE anything? Like the ground while falling.
    Observe :
    Realityshun:
    Prerequisites: Freakward, Knowledge (planes) 10, Dodge, Mobility
    Benefits: You can make dodge attempts at anything. Dodge in your hands is now considered an ability. Dexterity modifier + dodge bonuses + 3/4ths character level + 1d20. If you succeed against a DC set by the DM chosen for the situation, effect is negated.
    Example situations: dodge the meteorite aiming to destroy the planet, Dodge the tornado, Dodge the brick wall your about to walk into, Dodge you chores for today.

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: Feats Inspired by "A Wizard Could Do Worse"

    True Chain Reaction
    Prerequisites: 1st level Fighter
    Effect: Upon hitting any creature with a physical attack (melee or ranged), the target is hit so hard that they make a single standard action of your choice (that they could normally make). If their action targets any creature (regardless of what type of action they made), then all of their targets make a standard action (chosen by you), ect.

    So, you can poke your party's cleric, who can use a mass buff/heal on your group, at which point ALL of your party gets an action. If any of them hit an enemy, that enemy is effectively killed (make it attack itself, which gives it another action, with which you make it attack itself, ect.). Any if any of your team's casters manage to land a hit on another caster, then you get free access to that caster's spells (until the chain reaction ends, of course).

    And since you can make more than one poke per round...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    Grod's Law: You cannot and should not balance bad mechanics by making them annoying to use
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    If Orcus was a nesting doll, that would certainly make the whole thing work smoother. When you cast a level 1 summoning spell, you summon the little Orcus from the middle, but when you cast Gate, you get the really big Orcus that holds all the small Orcuses.

    Extended Signature

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground
     
    NeoSeraphi's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    At the top
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Feats Inspired by "A Wizard Could Do Worse"

    HAH! I waited TWENTY damn levels for this, but HAH!
    Prerequisites: Must be taken as your feat granted at 21st level. Must be a 21st level PHB monk with no gestalt levels, no homebrew and no LA or racial hit dice, Stunning Fist
    Benefits: From your 21 levels of suck emerges a power like no other! You gain the ability to deliver a smack attack. This consumes one of your daily uses of Stunning Fist. You make a full attack action with an unarmed strike or a special monk weapon, and every time you successfully hit your target they must make a Will Saving Throw (DC 20 + your Charisma Modifier) or die from humiliation at the fact that they got hit by a 21st level monk AND failed a CHARISMA based saving throw from a monk.

    If a creature rolls a natural one on their saving throw, they instead commit seppuku as a free action.
    Last edited by NeoSeraphi; 2011-06-04 at 05:55 PM.
    Sweet sorcerer avatar by Cuthalion

    Seraphi HomebrewTM

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: Feats Inspired by "A Wizard Could Do Worse"

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeraphi View Post
    HAH! I waited TWENTY damn levels for this, but HAH!
    Prerequisites: Must be taken as your feat granted at 21st level. Must be a 21st level PHB monk with no gestalt levels, no homebrew and no LA or racial hit dice, Stunning Fist
    Benefits: From your 21 levels of suck emerges a power like no other! You gain the ability to deliver a smack attack. This consumes one of your daily uses of Stunning Fist. You make a full attack action with an unarmed strike or a special monk weapon, and every time you successfully hit your target they must make a Will Saving Throw (DC 20 + your Charisma Modifier) or die from humiliation at the fact that they got hit by a 21st level monk AND failed a CHARISMA based saving throw from a monk.

    If a creature rolls a natural one on their saving throw, they instead commit seppuku as a free action.
    Honestly, that isn't all that powerful, especially compared to other epic powers, and the fact that you don't have any other useful power.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    Grod's Law: You cannot and should not balance bad mechanics by making them annoying to use
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    If Orcus was a nesting doll, that would certainly make the whole thing work smoother. When you cast a level 1 summoning spell, you summon the little Orcus from the middle, but when you cast Gate, you get the really big Orcus that holds all the small Orcuses.

    Extended Signature

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Seerow's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Feats Inspired by "A Wizard Could Do Worse"

    Quote Originally Posted by 137ben View Post
    Honestly, that isn't all that powerful, especially compared to other epic powers, and the fact that you don't have any other useful power.
    I think that's part of the joke. He even comments that they die out of shame from failing a charisma based saving throw against a monk.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •