New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

Default Re: Feats Inspired by "A Wizard Could Do Worse"

Quote Originally Posted by HalfDragonCube View Post
    What about the xp? Dumping that much is kind of annoying if all you get is some other sucky effect. (Unless you use sacrifice to get one at level three. *Whistles*)
    In my experience how much the DM screws with you depends on how much you're trying to screw with the DM. If you're using Planar Binding chains for a million free wishes, yeah, you're going to walk into the business end of a screwjob. If you're actually casting Wish, or if it's a Wish the DM gave you (via ring or reward or whatnot) you're much less likely to get screwed.

Caveat: Evil beings granting Wishes will frequently try to screw you unless you're wishing for something that serves their purpose, and sometimes even then just because it's hilarious. If a demon or efreet is offering you wishes, your screwjob sense should be tingling - but it's entirely in-character, so it doesn't bug me.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benly View Post
    In my experience how much the DM screws with you depends on how much you're trying to screw with the DM. If you're using Planar Binding chains for a million free wishes, yeah, you're going to walk into the business end of a screwjob. If you're actually casting Wish, or if it's a Wish the DM gave you (via ring or reward or whatnot) you're much less likely to get screwed.

Caveat: Evil beings granting Wishes will frequently try to screw you unless you're wishing for something that serves their purpose, and sometimes even then just because it's hilarious. If a demon or efreet is offering you wishes, your screwjob sense should be tingling - but it's entirely in-character, so it doesn't bug me.
    How much do you think it would cost to hire a lawyer to phrase wishes to be unscrewjobable for players on these boards?

'You're going to walk into the business end of a screwjob' sounds a tad iffy, by the way.
    Normal avatar by Qwernt, ponytar by Akrim.elf and squishydoll by Recaiden. Thanks guys!

3. - Top - End - #183
    Firbolg in the Playground

What about the xp? Dumping that much is kind of annoying if all you get is some other sucky effect. (Unless you use sacrifice to get one at level three. *Whistles*)

Most of my experience with it comes from things like NPC interactions (yay genies), and items. At this point I think everyone's too used to wishes getting screwed up to actually risk their own experience on it.

But like I said, I don't expect that to be the norm for most tables
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

4. - Top - End - #184
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

How much do you think it would cost to hire a lawyer to phrase wishes to be unscrewjobable for players on these boards?
    Impossible. The more you try to lawyer it up, the more certain it is that you will eat a screwjob.

5. - Top - End - #185

Quote Originally Posted by Benly View Post
    Impossible. The more you try to lawyer it up, the more certain it is that you will eat a screwjob.
    Now you're just trying to make it sound dirty.
    Normal avatar by Qwernt, ponytar by Akrim.elf and squishydoll by Recaiden. Thanks guys!

6. - Top - End - #186

Just out of interest, how many DMs roughly are there that screw with things like Wish wordings? Mine is pretty nice about them. I even once mis-phrased one that would give me 2,500gp instead of 25,000gp, but he let me have a Wisdom check 'cause my character would not have been that stupid.

Of course, the money all got stolen later...
    I mess with them occasionally, really it just depends on what they're wishing for. Generally I go with the variety of twist that has a fun effect that will probably come into play at some point, but doesn't really change much about the game. But wishing for money? You have unlimited wealth pretty much at that point anyways if you're really wanting it; go ahead I guess.

And peace offering:

Multiwield [Fighter]
    Prerequisites: Two-Weapon Fighting, BAB 6+
    Benefit: Provided you can convince your DM that you can indeed hold the weapons in such a way, you can hold as many weapons in either hand as you want. You count as wielding Two-Weapons for the purpose of feats, but may make an single attack with one additional weapon beyond the second per 3 BAB. If you have Two-Weapon Rend, you may rend for each pair of weapons you strike with, thus with 3 weapons successfully hitting, you have three pairs (first weapon and second, first and third, second and third).
    Special: No, being able to fit 5 pencils in your hand and swing them around does not mean you can swing 5 swords around. You'll have to do better than that.
    Game systems I play: DnD 3.5, Pathfinder, Star Wars Saga, Vampire: The Masquerade, Dungeons: The Dragoning, AFBME, Atomic Highway, Dark Heresy, Legend of the 5 Rings 4E, MAID and... EQRPG... Does anyone actually play that?

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jjeinn-tae View Post
    And peace offering:

Multiwield [Fighter]
    Prerequisites: Two-Weapon Fighting, BAB 6+
    Benefit: Provided you can convince your DM that you can indeed hold the weapons in such a way, you can hold as many weapons in either hand as you want. You count as wielding Two-Weapons for the purpose of feats, but may make an single attack with one additional weapon beyond the second per 3 BAB. If you have Two-Weapon Rend, you may rend for each pair of weapons you strike with, thus with 3 weapons successfully hitting, you have three pairs (first weapon and second, first and third, second and third).
    Special: No, being able to fit 5 pencils in your hand and swing them around does not mean you can swing 5 swords around. You'll have to do better than that.
    You just had to make it so that they had to fit in the hands, didn't ya?

Spoiler
    Show
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

8. - Top - End - #188

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    You just had to make it so that they had to fit in the hands, didn't ya?

Spoiler
    Show
    Hey, with his feat you can wield two separate swordchucks (or double bladed swords if you want to be -boring-)
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

9. - Top - End - #189

Hmm, maybe that would be a good next feat in the chain/patch to this one... I had thought of it, but the feat was inspired by essentially a fistfull of knives like has actually been used to good effect... Of course, in a more elegant fashion than "fistfull" suggests.
    Game systems I play: DnD 3.5, Pathfinder, Star Wars Saga, Vampire: The Masquerade, Dungeons: The Dragoning, AFBME, Atomic Highway, Dark Heresy, Legend of the 5 Rings 4E, MAID and... EQRPG... Does anyone actually play that?

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    Hey, with his feat you can wield two separate swordchucks (or double bladed swords if you want to be -boring-)
    Double-bladed swordchucks is where it is at, but you need to be a Lumi for that.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

11. - Top - End - #191

'You're going to walk into the business end of a screwjob' sounds a tad iffy, by the way.
    The lawyer would just phrase it so that it helps him/her and not you.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Pixie in the Playground

Swords unto like chainsaws
    Prerequisites:Int 15, Allied fighter with int of 2 or less, ability to write,Allied fighter with 4 single handed melee weapons

Effect: You slip the said fighter a note which reads: Make your swords like unto chainsaws the fighter then wields 2 swords in each hand, and destroys every creature in the next 2 encounters, or until any creature with an intelligence greater than 6 reads the note
    Before you judge a man, you should walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you judge him, you're a mile away. And you have his shoes.

Mycin Darkcaller is now the offical Djinn angerer of Sehale

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

hmmm... give a little more credit to fighter's intelligence. Make it 4-6 or less; he's still a sapient being capable of speech, after all.
    Can't write. Can't plan. Can draw a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    "In his free time, he gates in Balors just so he can kill and eat them later!"

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

"I've had enough of you!" [Monstrous]

Prerequisites: Outsider, 12 HD

Benefit: If you are ever called to serve a caster via a summoning spell or gate, you do not have to follow the caster's orders. Also, you are thereafter immune to all magic cast by the summoner and gain a +20 bonus on attack and damage rolls against them.
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

15. - Top - End - #195
    Halfling in the Playground

Cheat Codes
    Prerequisites: Intelligence 20
    Benefit:You get the ancient artifact Ludus Caetus (that's Latin)
    Special:You can do anything. Anything. However, you must state what you wish to do in binary.
    Last edited by LibrarianHuntar; 2012-01-22 at 11:58 AM.
    My hovercraft is full of eels.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show