New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 51 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default [Nexus] Home 6: Jiggity Jig

There's no place like home. Whether in the suburbs of Inside, a desolate mountain cabin, a dingy flat somewhere... this is where PCs live. This is a meta-location, as the houses themselves may be many miles apart from one another. Or in separate dimensions.

If you want an address in this thread, please PM me and I will post the locations in this post.

Examples:
    Spoiler
    Show

123 Generic Drive: Home of John and Jack Doe and their daughter Jane. PM <player name 1> or <player name 2> if you want to interact here. Located near Inside and the Taverna Generica.

Mary's House: Home of Mary Moe. Located many miles from Town civilization in an isolated mountain valley. Unlikely to be found by someone who doesn't know where it is. Mary Moe's player is <player name 3>.

================================================

OOC Rules:

1. Please post location tags on each post. Ex: [123 Generic Drive] or [Doe House]

2. The players who own each residence control what goes on within it. A residence is a quasi-PC and cannot be godmodded. You can attempt to break in / burn it down / knock on the door, etc, but it is up to the player controlling the home to let you know what happens next. If a player wants to make their home entirely impervious to everything, that is their right (however boring that might be). Players are permitted to make additional ooc rules if they want that apply to their own homes. By entering their property, you are agreeing to roleplay within their cosmology.

3. Play nice. Any disagreements between players, please take it to one of the OOC threads or PMs.

================================================

Locations:
    Spoiler
    Show
    75 Ocean Rd - Daisuke's new house, this house is near the beach, and has a mixture of traditional Japanese styling and modern comforts. Player: horngeek

1312 Hidden Valley Road: Home of Judy the Assassin and Mint, their daughter, Xerina, and adopted Grey Render; Rocky. Players: Lex-kat, Quinsar, Neon Knight

4224 Wing House - Home of George Kingsley. Player: Gimliggamer

Al's Lab - Home of AMEN scientist Al Rato. He does most of his experiments and research here. Living with him is the cyborg Delta 88, or just Delta for short. Her programming has been modified by Al, making her a live-in servant of sorts. Al's player is ApeofLight, and Delta's player is KerfuffleMach2.

Alhana's Dwelling - In the far reaches of Acro can be found the nice little wooden house of the banished elven princess, Alhana Starbreeze. She made it herself with some magical help from man known as Lee. On the outside and inside are intricately carved designs. It has two bedrooms a kitchen and a bathroom. Player: Viera champion

Basil's Cabin - In an especially woody and remote area, some ways from the city, a cabin sits in the woods. It doesn't seem much different from any of the other hunting cabins one sometimes runs across, except that its scale is sized for minotaurs rather than humans. Players: Wolfbane and Happyturtle

Brendan's Upstairs - The 'upstairs apartment' at Brendan's House of Hobbies. A fairly sizeable yet still cozy home for the proprietor, his wife, and their guests. Possibly infested with lionfish. Players: Recaiden and Bushranger

Clearing in the woods - A one story log cabin built in a large clearing in the woods not far from the Dancing Fox Inn. Complete with wooden fence. This is the residence of Zaydon, Opie, and Kate. Anybody can stop by, but if nobody's home, the place will be locked. Zaydon and Opie's players are KerfuffleMach2, and Kate's player is celtois. Note: Zaydon is now deceased, and Opie has taken to living in DFI. As it stands, the cabin is abandoned.

Eldena's Cottage: The dwelling of the Viera red mage Eldena. On the outskirts of Town. Not very difficult to find. Appears to be shaped out of a tree. That's because it was. Yay magic! People are free to enter and exit as they please. But don't break anything unless Eldena is there. Player: Viera champion

The House of the Rising Sun - Large house on a headleand facing the Emerald Sea, which, by strange happenstance, borders both Town and Acronymia. Home to Natasha, Oracle of the Dawn, and occasionally Khiansa Daggerfall, adventurer, and Natasha's sometimes lover.
    Player: Kid Kris
    Anyone can drop by to seek the Oracle's wisdom, or rest in the gardens, or just to say hi and share a pot of tea, but please PM, as the player may not read the thread.
    Further Description, may update.

Junkyard workshop - In a junkyard in the ACROverse, what looks to be a shoddy shack has been built. This building was made by Runner before he joined GLoG. Inside is a high tech workshop and laboratory. The building has very high security, and any attempt to break in immediately causes the workshop to alert Runner, which will bring him over to investigate. Runner and Sentry both have security access. Runner's player is KerfuffleMach2, and Sentry's player is FaceofEvil.

The Nest/Rael's House - A converted hotel in the Red Zone. It currently houses Rael Kairos, a 300 year old vampire, a large number of strange lifeforms he's created, and a couple of dozen other vampires that he's made.
    Break-in attempts are fine, even if Rael isn't home, as the other residents are capable of defending themselves against intruders. If you're just looking to mess with the place, he won't hold a grudge as long as you don't kill or maim any of the sentient inhabitants. Stealing most things is also okay, though any unique things he might come after you to get back. Full scale attacks are also welcome, but he will come after you.
    Players: C'nor, Technoscrabble

New Rock Household - A nice place in the city's suburban area, just inside the walls. It was specially built to appear larger on the inside than it does on the outside. It has the works - White picket fence, workshed out back, spacious basement(with attached laundry room), a study, kitchen, bedrooms, guest room(with it's own bathroom), living room, parlor, dining room, entry hall, three bathrooms...Everything a typical suburban family could want, complete with a nice hardwood floor.

Darn shame Lucas and Lillith are turning the study into a room meant solely for displaying adventuring trophies, and Arthur's going to be using the workshed for his crazy experiments. The neighbors are going to complain, no doubt.
    Players: blackouttwo and Artemis97

Phil's Warehouse - 3224 Seaside Rd Big, slightly rusted corrugated steel warehouse that was once abandoned, sits on a lot that's been overgrown with weeds and small trees and bushes and such...has a gravel driveway leading up to it...and...near the docks...
    Oh, yeah, it has a hydraulic lift leading to an underground garage! And the inside is full of parts and half-finished inventions! Run by TechnoScrabble.

The Tarmikos Studio - This space serves as both a living area and workshop for artificer and plane-hopper Niara Tarmikos. It is, in fact, its own separate plane of existence - and a minuscule one at that. It comprises, in its entirety, of a single room (around 180ft. long, 60ft. wide and 30ft. tall), and is split into many separate rooms with simple partition walls. To those who know of its existence and have the means to travel there, it is easy to gain access to. Niara's player is Baeleck.

Home 1
    Home 2
    Home 3
    Home 4
    Home 5
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2011-08-14 at 06:30 AM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 6: Jiggity Jig

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Jack's Tower

"Look." The Yochanan commands, gesturing out over the edge of the precipice. Below, stretching for miles, is no longer a desert. Perhaps there never was truly a vast wasteland. Below is the cosmos, alien spaces encompassing spiraling nebulae and glittering stars. Swirling planets Xifra will never know spiral in the aether.

"Gather yourself." Yochanan intones, standing just behind her. His voice seems to fill the emptiness, as he knows it all too well. "Then let go. You will understand."
    Gather yourself.

I am Xifra. I am Nobody.

I am Xifra. Plucked from the shadows to become Jack's apprentice and lover, Slaanesh's worshipper, Salome's mistress.

I am Xifra, the Seeker.

Then let go.

I will not try to make sense of it. I will not try to classify or make hypotheses about what I see. That is a human need, and this is not human knowledge. I will simply experience and accept.

Even if it drives me mad.

Xifra steps as close to the edge as she can, her very toes dangling over the edge. And she looks into the void.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Phil's modifications are hardly noticed by Erin, as the lack of movement and breathing has caught her attention rather more.
    "Phil? Phil! Wake up!"
    And she tries to turn him over for CPR!
    When Erin begins to worry, Sigwhite shakes his head and walks-slowly-over to the chamber. Without even bothering to excuse himself or move Erin, the aged Wizard-Dragon (or was it Dragon-Wizard?) yanks a cable from the front of the chamber and plugs it into the circular black port at the top of the spine-cable. Sigwhite flips a switch and a steady white glow emanates from the center of Phil's chest. Phil jerks upwards and attempts to breath out of his mouth, forgetting he had the oxygen injectors installed in his skull and heart so that he could breath without using his lungs, and winds up coughing up a deluge of the snotty grey gunk. His eyes flutter open, now a deep grey-green instead of grey, and each with two extra, smaller pupils, one of which in each eye is a slit.
    "Geddup, ye damned fool! You gave this poor girl a heart attack!" Sigwhite kicks at Phil, and to his surprise, Phil's arm snaps up faster than a fly can blink and grabs the grumpy old lout's foot!
    "s0RRY 4ab0Ut 7hat," Phil grins, his voice and syntax a bit off, "1 gu3sS I sh0ulD h4ave told y0u Abou7 th3 k1cKstar7."
    Phil tries to stand up, and his legs manage to turn a section of concrete floor into dusty, chunked up rubble before he finally falls over and stops scrambling about.
    "4h Y35, the r3c0VEry aNd r34djUsTM3N7, my L34st fav0ri73 parT."
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground

Jack's Tower

Xifra's mind, body and soul detonate in a supernova of a subatomic particles, unable to contain such energy and knowledge in a mortal form.

She flashes out amongst the stars, a part of the multiverse, filling the spaces between. She is both more and less than a god, a drifter through infinity, studying the void beyond. But there is much more than dead worlds and dying starlight here. Vast shapes drift through the dark, what was once incomprehensible now brought into full view. Masses of primordial energy, things born from man's madness or vanity, some of the oldest beings in the multiverse.

In this way, in this place, she is all things. She can understand all things, be anywhere. It is merely a matter of choice.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Jack's Tower

And the first choice she makes, is perhaps the obvious one.

What are They?

What happens when They come together?

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

6. - Top - End - #6

Jack's Tower

The closest approximation to describe what happens next is a great pair of hands, reaching out across the void, to clasp Xifra's form and drag her down.

Down, down, down into some semblance of the mortal realm. The material realm will seem decidedly borish at best. A box with padded walls, even worse.

And there, in one corner of the cell, sits a man huddled against a half-seen object like a safety blanket. As though hearing her, he looks up, eyes long ago struck from his skull by the madness of the truth. This man, too, is empty.

He opens his mouth to speak, and Xifra will experience a hell like she has never known. Her questions will be answered, oh yes, in the most excrutiating detail imaginable.

Whether she survives the revelation, or manages to avoid looking at the thing in the Holder's hands, is up to the apprentice.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Jack's Tower

She does try to endure the knowledge. She's a Seeker. She's experienced horror before.

But this...

It's too much for her. She tries to flee, away, back to the Tower, back to Yochanan's side, back to being Xifra again.

If she can.

Her only hope is that she didn't see what It was.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #8

The End

The End is not so easily left behind. He doesn't want to let her leave. But if Xifra is fast enough, and strong enough, she may be able to brute-force herself out of his clutches. Just as long as she didn't look.

But his presence will follow Xifra all the way back to the tower. And his voice will stay with her for the rest of her life.

Jasper's Apartment

Legion and Jasper likely drive up here.

"Yeah, I'm perfectly okay with you being out of jail." Legion says, hopping out of the truck and heading around back to start getting stuff together.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-06-05 at 04:36 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

The End

For the purposes of not wanting Xifra's story to be over yet, let's assume she made it out. Though when the story does end, it will likely be in a Holder's Trap of some kind.

When she makes it back to the Tower, she'll collapse and try to tear out her own eardrums.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground

Jasper's Apartment

Jasper leaps out of the truck and goes to help. Have I told you how glad I am you're moving in? He says, smiling.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

11. - Top - End - #11

Jack's Tower

The Yochanan is suddenly beside her, hissing and trying to seize her wrists. "You're of no use to me crippled, girl."

Jasper's Apartment

"Not yet, I don't think," Legion says, returning the smile amusedly. She heaves a heavy-looking box up in either arm. "I know it's... new, for me. But good."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-06-05 at 04:54 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

12. - Top - End - #12

Jasper's Apartment

Jasper grabs another box, one of the heavier ones. Well, I am glad. I love you, and seeing more of you could only be a good thing. You're the first person I've ever been able to say that about. He says, making his way into the building and dumping the box in the elevator, tipping his hat to the man at the front desk as he does. Hello Norman.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2011-06-05 at 05:12 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Jack's Tower

He succeeds, though she struggles weakly. "... make him go away I can still hear him it's terrible make it stop he won't stop saying those things..."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Eadin's apartment]

So Shadow Boy and Water Girl arrive at her place.
    She takes care to lock the door behind them as she moves to the kitchen area to make them some tea.
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Eadin's Apartment]

Good old tea.
    Always an excellent fall back for any situation that permits.

Galinai drifts over towards a chair, since that seems a better idea than lingering around over there bothering Eadin while the tea's busy making itself.
    It's not a particularly complex thing that requires more than one person.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

16. - Top - End - #16

[Eadin's apartment]

Especially if that person can make water boil with a wave from her hand.

She'll place the cup in front of him on the table before sitting next to him, keeping the silence.
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

17. - Top - End - #17

Jack's Tower

"Cease!" Yochanan commands with a mental push, not in the mood for a madwoman's ravings. "Remember who you are, Xifra. Think. Push Him away."

Jasper's Apartment

Legion blushes a little as they walk inside, not replying just yet but looking pretty happy. She's never been quite this special to someone like Jasper before.

Once they're in the elevator, Legion sets her boxes down and tries to give Jasper a big kiss.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-06-05 at 05:37 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Jack's Tower

Remember who you are.

I'm Xifra. Nobody.

She abruptly turns on her psychic aura, and makes it as strong as she can. If Yochanan were a normal person, he'd likely forget that she had been there, even though he was gripping her wrists and giving her orders.

It's unlikely to make her invisible to Yochanan - or Him - but it's likely His interest in her will lessen, and give her some space to try and put her mind back together.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Eadin's Apartment]

Galinai pokes at his tea a bit, testing the warmth.
    It'd be a shame to burn himself.

Although, if it is too hot, just holding it can feel nice.

The silence will last a few moments, before he looks over to Eadin.
    "Thank you."
    Absentee Spirit

20. - Top - End - #20

[Eadin's Apartment]

She could always cool it down for him.

"It's just tea, no problem."
    She'll look at him a bit worried.
    "Feeling okay?"
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

21. - Top - End - #21

Jasper's Apartment

Jasper gets a big old kiss, and happily returns it, embracing Legion and pulling her close.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Eadin's Apartment]

She could, but Galinai doesn't seem to mind waiting.
    It's a nice heat.

He gives a little smile and swirls the tea faintly.
    "Not the tea I'm thanking...though thanks for that too."
    Hopefully the smile and the somewhat silly way he added in that last part can show how he's trying to be more okay.
    Trying. Still somewhat low, in the scheme of things and he can't hide that anymore.
    Absentee Spirit

23. - Top - End - #23

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Jack's Tower

Remember who you are.

I'm Xifra. Nobody.

She abruptly turns on her psychic aura, and makes it as strong as she can. If Yochanan were a normal person, he'd likely forget that she had been there, even though he was gripping her wrists and giving her orders.

It's unlikely to make her invisible to Yochanan - or Him - but it's likely His interest in her will lessen, and give her some space to try and put her mind back together.
    The End's presence lifts away some, like a great burdeon off her shoulders.

Yochanan seems to calm, his form becoming more coherent, and he releases her wrists.

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Jasper's Apartment

Jasper gets a big old kiss, and happily returns it, embracing Legion and pulling her close.
    Legion likely keeps it up until the elevator opens, then.

"Well I never!"

Oh look, a little old Xorn monster is holding her hands on her 'hips', looking at the pair of them.

The Lady blushes furiously and pulls away, giving Jasper a glance before stooping to pick up her boxes. "Sorry, sorry. Bit carried away."

The Xorn looks between them, harumphs, and makes her way onto the elevator. She's likely rather large, so hopefully Jasper's following Legion before then. The Lady lets out a startled little breath. And laughs. "Hee. That's never happened before, either."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Jack's Tower

"And that's what you showed Jack?" she finally asks.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

25. - Top - End - #25

[Eadin's Apartment]

She gives him a faint smile.
    He never had to pretend.

She'll move closer to him, trying to pull him into a hug, giving his lips a light kiss.
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

26. - Top - End - #26

[Jasper's Apartment]

Hello miss Antonio. Jasper says, not looking embarrassed in the least. Grabbing the box he was carrying, he gets out of the elderly Xorn's way and waits for the elevator door to close before turning back to Legion. Ahh, ignore her. She's old, senile, and thinks she's human. In fact, let's just ignore anyone who gets in the way of our fun. With that, he attempts to start kissing Legion again.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Eadin's Apartment]

Galinai's not one to pass up hugs and kisses, even in a moderately low mood, so he returns both gestures.
    She's being quite good to him, he's noticed. Appreciation isn't lost.

"Glad to have you with me..."
    Absentee Spirit

28. - Top - End - #28

[Eadin's Apartment]

The hug and kiss were an attempt to make him feel better.

She'll reach for his hand again.
    "Glad to be with you." And leaning in for another kiss.
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

29. - Top - End - #29

Jack's Tower

"Jack showed himself a great many things before I ever emerged from his body." Yochanan intones vaguely. "That was one of the worse ones, I admit."

Jasper's Apartment

Legion eeps a bit, letting him kiss her before pulling back a moment. "Now hold on. Let me put these down somewhere."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Jack's Tower

"Don't show him again. He wanted to be clean," Xifra says. "I want to be clean." She slowly gets to her feet, and by the runes she's tracing, is about to dimension walk out of the Tower.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs