New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: I need help with developing a game world.

I hope this can help you. It may be more specific then you had in mind, but feel free to use what you think is helpful. Also, I’m sorry about any spelling mistakes. I’m dyslectic and there is only so mutts you can do with spell-check.

Creation myth

A battle between The Dragons of Old who roam the sky’s and the Sea-serpents the ruled the oceans. Neither could drive the other from there realm and the battle on the service of the waters of the world went on fore centuries. After a thousand years from this fight there came a new element in creation, the land. Bound on the land, bourn out of the hardest stones and metal ore, there where the Titans. Being made from it the Titans had the power to shape the solid world. As the battle between the sky and sea continued, the Titans had the time to build mountains to reach the Dragons and fjords, islands and rivers to reach the Sea-serpents. In the end they build the moon, and so ruled the realm beyond the earth. So it came to be that in a thousand of there existents the Titans became more powerful then the Dragons and the Sea-serpents and could force a uneasy truce. Together they became the first generation of Gods, and the battle of the Dragons and the Sea-serpents was to be settled by lower races who where mend to worship them. Witch one of the two who had the most worshippers after ten thousand years would have won, and would gain the right to banish the other fore ever.

The truce was as follows, each of the two warring parties was aloud to creatures that lived in there realm, but both much have the same amount after al they originals ‘Planet-dwellers’ where finest and fore each they made the Titans where aloud to make three creatures that would life on the land. The ‘Sky-dwellers would start out worshipping the Dragons and the ‘Sea-dwellers’ the Sea-serpents, but the ‘Land-dwellers’ would be free to worship any of the tree God races. This way the ones that lived in the land of the Titans would be deciding fore who would win, the Dragons ore the Sea-serpents.

But the Titans where betrayed. Because the other two had many believers from the begging they could draw much power from the lower races. They used this to attack the Titans with. A new war broke out and after again a thousand years all sides lost. The Dragons lost there divinity, the Sea-serpents where all but whipped out and the Titans became so weakened that they lost there ability to shape the world a now room the lands as no more than powerful giants. Only a few Gods remained, all a mix of the first tree races that form the first generation of Gods, but they where now dependent on there followers and need to represent elements that the ‘Earth-dwellers’ are willing to follow.

In time, from these second generation of Gods, as society and the people in them devolved, the third and modern generation of Gods came, who are loose from the elemental origin of the first Gods and exist on there own merit. Still they remember where they came from and gladly ore even eagerly guide the races that came from those created by the first generation of Gods.

History and geographic descriptions.

On the Island Ixtlan there are two races shielded from most of the rest of the world. The are the Orcs. They have several tribes, some are a monarchies, others are ruled by elders, there’s even a few small democracies and some republics, But the largest Orc dominion is ruled by the God-Speaker Zitec, a fanatical blood-priest of Iztil, God of Sacrifice. There are mostly despot’s ruling over army focused sates though.

West of the domain of Zitec there leis a forest. Little of this places is known, only that no one who entered it has ever returned to tell the tail. North from the great state lies seven number of small kingdoms ruled by a overlord who claims to be the reincarnation of a God. Although even together these couldn’t stand op to the God-Speaker, with there alliance with the five southern nations witch are war focused monarchies they are not in immediate danger of being over run. To the west there is a another nation that worships Iztil, the dictatorship Forknr of Glunk Ironaxe, who is an important trade partner to Zitec. This manly takes place over the great river Altntank, named after the Titan who is claimt to have build the island. This is a danseurs road however, because the ware priestess Zxi is claiming the two anarchistic lands that lay west op Zitecs domain as her own and all in it as here worshippers. Those who don’t are scarified in a horrible way.

In the midland there are a dozen domains witch are usually ruled by some priest, war-lord ore thieving group. Domains form and fall each year, which is making travelling on the river Altntank even harder. Far south there is a waste land. There where a few cast out tribes there and a rape, torture and blood sacrifice cult lived there fore a while, but there is no one left to be found, because the oasis’s are said to be haunted.

Around the coast live seams to be easier, the orcs there trade with other harbour nations and are less like to go to war, although the Allied Nations of the West coast and Inner Harbours have a tradition to fight amongst them self’s once every twenty years during witch they often plunder weaker domains. The Elder counsel of Blood and War rule the domains near the Northern Coast, witch are Manley war chief ore Priest run states About twenty of them all together, but the number varies as there is a lot of in fighting.

The Couatlkind like to live near rivvers. They hafe a strong fortress calt Eclou next to Forknr bordering the central states. It is from her that the river Altntak springs splits both to the ocean coast of Zitec domain and via the fare west it lead all the way to the high north where it ends in the great Salt Forrest of Meanlyna. Here is the kingdom of Seciooi (se-ki-oo-i) which is the largest of the Couatlkind nations. Magic is much stronger here then anywhere else, what is the source of there might but also what makes them a target fore other nations. The Seciooist have to fight nearly every month with invading barbaric hordes, both from de orcs as from the tribal camps of the Couatlkind that live west of them who do not have a specific state, but room free between the existing orcish despotisms that seem to rule that area. The largest population of Couatlkind is found in the swampy region of Altn, a valley deep within the mountains of the mid-western region with several small forrest. Most of the wars between the more powerfull orc states and the Couatlkind take place here. The orc are strong on the plains in between the swamp and forest, but in the water the Couatlkind have the advantage. In the forest there are many magical and super natural creatures, that manly stay within the trees.

Finally, there are the domains where orcs and Couatlkind live toghter. The maritime state of Foruk-Coua fore instants, where the small river Tyl runs in the great ocean. This grassy delta is democratic, meaning that all who pay a lot taxis and/ore served in the army fore a long time may vote on witch noble may become king ore queen fore live, provided they where in good standing with the former monarch. Also the citty state Woodfall, build in the magical forest Alneel that’s borders the domain of Zitec, is a state where both races live. The leader is the current head master of the school fore Enchantment and Magical knowledge. The head master is chosen when the old one dies ore retires. The amount of points each fote is worth is determent by how high you are educated.

Short heroic saga (sins I do not know what your going fore, I went in little detail her)

The tension between the two races is generally high. It is not uncommon fore one of them to build an alliance, even with former enemies, to try and start a genocidial war. The last one was a hundred years ago. Both sides started one ad the same time. The General-Priest Zicxova the Great Orc and the Mage-Lord Ua-loc Dnilk fought each other until both sides where nearly completely whipped out. Some regions are still recovering from this.

Zicxova was a mighty warrior who worshipped the Gods of war, sacrifice, torture and darkness. She was so feared that no Orc ever was so brave as to look ad here face. In the end she was burned to death and the remains where dissolved in acid and then put in wooden boxes that where never found again. Although here army was only half that of here opponents when she started, she won most battles and found new troops everywhere she went. In the end she was betrayed by here own officer staff, who had become to fear here more then there enemies.

Little is known of the past of Ua-loc Dnilk, the Couatlkind leader of the Great War. Only that his name, witch is an anagram fore Couatlkind, is almost certainly made up. He was a very inspirational leader, who quickly build the largest army the island hade ever seen, but his tactics where poor. He could not look ad the small picture and only planed fore the long run. This is what cost him many small battles and would have cost him the war in the end. As part of the agreement between his lower priest and the officer staff of the orcs, he was sacrificed to Iztel.

In this war, the Pack of Titans was created. An alliance between the greatest heroes of that day, both Orc as Couatlkind. There was there leader, Ocrac Steel. A barbarian fighter who once held his war axe over 50 enemies he had all slain. Shalion the priest wizard, there second in command. A very wise and brilliant Couatlkind, even though she was the youngest of the group. The orc rangers Zoc and Xixi where already a team, but joint the Pack later. The Couatlkind wizard Asul Lasul the Third and the orc priest Corwn Sadelson both had the third rank and where advisors to Ocrac and Shalion. There deeds, both during and after the Great War, are to numbers to be all accounted fore. There legend continues today, sins there are those who claim that the Pack of Titans stills exist, a secret order that lives within the mountains. In the longs caves of witch no one knows where they came from. There is however no proof of these stories.

The outer world

The island of Ixtlan is almost unknown by the rest of the world. There is but one group, of people that travel there. The dwarfs of the Snowland. These live on a another continent, high op in the north. Unlike most dwarfs they are not manly miners. In the permafrost that covers most of there land, they simply cannot mine fore financial gain. In stead they grow grain and are skilled hunters. Naturally they do have mines, like those in mountains around witch there hole nation was build. These provided them with iron ore, from witch they make the highest quality of steel found in the world today. With this steel they build large ships, that can easily cross the oceans. It is here that they find there wealth. Form the carcases of ancient Sea-serpents witch they find with there primitive submarines. It is from these bones they win there mithral ore. It is this ore they bring to Ixtlan where they leave it in one of the forest to let it soak up the magic. They pay so well that they are left alone most of the time. Another important source of income is the Titans Graveyard in the north east of there realm. Here lay the bodies of several Titans who died when the Dragon and Sea-serpents attackt after they had there first followers. From the remains of there skin the dwarfs force adamantium.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

That's very good, and well-thought out, Dalek Zek, but it isn't really what I'm looking for, sorry.

Looking more at the dwarf-human side of the world, what if the dwarves in ages past swarmed across the Eastern side of the world, and drove (man-eating) Giants out of their lands, and past the boundaries of the now-human lands? And what if the Giants have started coming back, and that is why the humans have been fleeing to the dwarven realms, despite the discrimination?
    Rational Goblin Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

Ixtlan, World of Exploration, my campaign setting. Currently on hiatus.

3. - Top - End - #33

That certainly makes sense. I'd go with hill giants even though they are lower CR because it just seems to fit so incredibly well.
    I have returned, and plan on focusing on world-building. Issues are being dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    Thread won! I don't think I have the authority to do that but whatever

4. - Top - End - #34

That certainly makes sense. I'd go with hill giants even though they are lower CR because it just seems to fit so incredibly well with man-eating.
    I have returned, and plan on focusing on world-building. Issues are being dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    Thread won! I don't think I have the authority to do that but whatever

5. - Top - End - #35

PirateCaptain

I like the Giants, but I would also like Undead Giants.

Maybe there's a way you could tie them or the Humans into the Cthulu-like enemy of the Couatl? Maybe the Giants are the abominable spawn of Humans and Cthulu? That has the potential for all sorts of conflict.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    Ninjadeadbeard just ninja'd my post. How apt.
    Ninjadeadbeard's Extended Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #36
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Some of these ideas have been mentioned, but a Couatlinti culture that was based on the hope of being reborn as a Couatl as opposed to becoming one within one's lifetime, goes a long way to establishing a low-magic feel to the world. You could have four or five castes, then, from farmer to artisan to soldier to priest to noble to Couatl, or perhaps combine soldier and noble? Or perhaps priest and artisan? You could have four castes; peasant/farmer, soldier/noble, priest/artisan, Couatl. The largest caste are the peasants, who wish to be reborn as a soldier/noble, who administrate and train in the art of combat, hoping to earn a re-birth as a priest, who are the only ones who can learn magic, either for genetic reasons or because the learning of magic is strictly controlled by the priesthood, who spend a great deal of time constructing huge, lavishly ornate temples to the Couatl and creating masterworks of art in sculpture, music, poetry, drama, etc, through which they seek enlightenment, a personal revelation that they will be reborn as a Couatl, the final caste.

If this were the case, the control of the society would largely fall upon the powerful priestly caste, who, though they have no official authority over the nobility, hold the common people's fixation as magicians and artisans. The nobility do all the hard work of organizing and feeding the commoners, funding the priests' masterworks, and defending their lands. The central religious body and the nobility are continuously engaged in power struggles with one another. The farther you get from the capitol, however, the country nobility and the wandering priests are far more friendly with one another. These wandering priests travel from plantation to plantation, and often carry messages and news for the nobles there, making them very well-informed.

OK, that was more than I wanted to say, but it's a possibility.

On Humans and Dwarves, why not make Humans the African slaves of Ixtlan? Dwarves enslaved mankind after they fled from the onslaught of the giants or whatever it was that caused them to flee, and only recently have some Dwarf nations felt inclined to abolish it, meaning free Humans are something of an oddity, and they're still struggling to find their place in Dwarven society, meaning the discovery of a New World will draw them en masse. In other Dwarven nations, they are still slaves, and those Dwarven nations who still claim that Humans ought to be slaves are out to prove something as they aggressively colonize the New World with slave labor, something the nations with free humans are yet to match in organizational efficiency, since free Humans, by and large, haven't really realized that they can take advantage of the economic incentives inherent in the endeavor.

This is just an idea, and it could be gelled into the history you already have fairly simply, and I think it would make for more of a difference between Human and Dwarf. Ooh, additionally, it would also make Halflings a bastard breed that finds friends nowhere; not with Dwarves, nor Humans. However, this position, in addition to their size, makes them easy to dismiss, in turn making them valuable infiltrators, spies, and informants. Halflings probably band together and might be the first pirates of Ixtlan, but who knows?
    Last edited by Stubbazubba; 2011-06-16 at 04:36 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37

Sorry for the delay, everyone who wants to help. I got distracted by other things.

But anyways, Stubbazubba, I like a few of your ideas with the Couatlinti (I'll probably incorporate Buddhist-esque ideas into the process of becoming a full-fledged Couatl), and I'm intrigued about your ideas for the Humans.

I think I'll add a bit more Jewish-esque influence in the Human culture, at least for the nations in which they are free. For the kingdoms in which they're enslaved, I think an African slave analogy (not trying to offend anybody, by the way) could work.

Halflings though... Hmm... I'm less enthused about them. I think I will remove them.

Currently though, I'm thinking of various encounters that could be found in the various locations.

Ixtlan will be mostly jungle, unless the players go far to the northeast, where it unfolds to huge rolling plains; think the stereotypical Native American plains with bison-like creatures. In either the jungles or the plains, what encounters could probably be found?

In the Dwarf lands, it's basically medieval Hispania, and the three major kingdoms are mainly three divisions geographically:

Kingdom 1: Mostly mountainous, but with a few Mediterranean-esque spots with several notable islands roughly corresponding to the Balearic Islands.

Kingdom 2: Very irrigated, with lots of rivers and lakes running through it, fairly lush and green.

Kingdom 3: More northerly, I don't know Northern Spain, so I suppose I'd base it off of Northern French or English climate/geography.

Kingdom 4: Not one of the three feuding kingdoms, but more of a semi-neutral, "City of Adventure" Venice-esque city. Might be able to fit unique urban monsters in there.

And in the former Human lands (mostly overrun by Giants), it's swampy, full of bogs, and etc. What sort of encounters could be found there?

That's what I have so far for geography, (still working on various factions in every realm) and it's rather basic, yes, but it's what I have.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

Interesting setting.

I had an idea about the giants.

Instead of standard giants, what about Shadow of the Colossus style giants.

Maybe humans disturbed these monstrosities that had been forced into hibernation by the dwarves, and now the Colossuses have reclaimed their territory. Soon, they will turn their eyes to the west, and take vengence for the crimes against them.

I also think there needs to be a stronger reason why the humans are despised by the dwarves. Although the dwarves hating the humans simply because they're not dwarves is definitely analogous to RL, I think things need to be more ambigous, or it will hard for players to cooperate with dwarves, and certain players may start offing them because "they're evil."

What if some humans have ties with the forces from outside the mortal realm (i.e. demons or cthulu). It was these humans that awakened the Colossuses, and are the reason that dwarves distrust the humans race. These warlocks are hated by dwarves an some humans, but other humans look up to them as the protectors and the saviours of the human race.

To increase the analogous aspects of humanity, a messiah figure in there mythology might help. This figure would be analogous to both the Jewish yearning for their messiah, and the african slaves' yearning for a Moses figure.

In fact, this figure could easily be one of the players.

If you decide to use my Colossus idea, I would gladly stat them up.

EDIT: Other thoughts...

Religion in the east

To contrast with the Mysticism of the west, the east could be based on the principles of rationality. Maybe neither the dwarves nor the humans worship gods. I could see the dwarves engaged in a form of saint/hero worship, where dwarves revere their notable ancestors. Humans could be monistic, meaning that they worship a force or ideal rather than a diety ( or at least I think that's the right word, I got it off another thread.)

EDIT2: More thoughts (I'm really starting to love this setting)...

Elves

Instead of savage elves, maybe elves could be analogous to Britian and France.

Elven culture could be very Victorian (minus the tech) and elves would probaly have french-ish names (as english names don't fit elves). The elven kingdom(s) would be located north of the dwarven ones. I can see the elves being very snobby and hypocritical, deriding the dwarven treatment of humanity, while making sure that humans stay out of elfland.

The elves have historically been more concentrated on internal development, but they are starting to take interest in the new world. While the dwarves have decided to settle in the south, the elves are settling in the north. They have begun to come into contact with the goblins tribes. While the smooth-talking elves have been able to make peace between the two cultures, the goblins cannot tolerate the elven expansion for long.
    Last edited by Machinekng; 2011-06-28 at 09:01 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by RationalGoblin View Post
    Halflings though... Hmm... I'm less enthused about them. I think I will remove them.
    Don't count out the Halflings yet. Because...

In the Dwarf lands, it's basically medieval Hispania, and the three major kingdoms are mainly three divisions geographically:

Kingdom 1: Mostly mountainous, but with a few Mediterranean-esque spots with several notable islands roughly corresponding to the Balearic Islands.

Kingdom 2: Very irrigated, with lots of rivers and lakes running through it, fairly lush and green.

Kingdom 3: More northerly, I don't know Northern Spain, so I suppose I'd base it off of Northern French or English climate/geography.

Kingdom 4: Not one of the three feuding kingdoms, but more of a semi-neutral, "City of Adventure" Venice-esque city. Might be able to fit unique urban monsters in there.
    Now, to me I could just see Halflings in 1 or 3 as a Basque or Catalonian analog. A strange, separate folk who serve their Dwarven overlords at times, and rebel at others. Or you could put Elves here. An idea for flavor.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

More thoughts:

Dwarrow Empire

The predessecors of the dwarves were the dwarrow. These dwarrow stood taller than dwarves, and they were prouder and nobler. There empire spread out to cover the entire continent. They were masters of artifice, and using their magic weapons, they subjugated the barbarians of the east, including the great colossuses and thier spawn.

With the conquests of the continent, came the mysticism of the far east. The populace's understanding of arcane artifice, and the druidic magics of the east became muddled, and suspicsion of the artificers grew. And as the artificer's power lessened, so did the empire's. The empire eventually fell in on its self, with each emperor contracting the empire farther and farther towards the dwarrow homelands. And as artifice died, the technology of the dwarrow empire degenerated. Without sanitation and agricultural artifice, the dwarrow recessed into dwarves.

The remaining weapons of the dwarrow empire are held in the grand dwarven arsenal. This arsenal is held in Kingdom 4, the former capital of Alvaro's empire.

Kingdom 4

Kingdom 4 was the capital of Alvaro's empire. When he died, several of his generals and other lackeys formed a council of stewards to decide the new king, as Alvaro failed to name a heir. When the civil war broke out, the council sent multiple orders to stop the war, so the council could make a decision, but each of the claimants feared that the council would decide against him.

The council never accepted any of the claimants as a king, and today, the council rules over the city of [insert name here]. The city (like sterotypical dwarven cities) is built into a mountain, districts ranging from the royal fortress at the mountain's peak, to the slums at the base of the mountain.

At the center of the mountain, lies both the imperial vault and the arsenal, locations each of the kings covet. However, none of the kingdoms is powerful enough to overcome the council's army, and their ancient weapons.

11. - Top - End - #41

Sorry for seemingly abandoning this, guys. I haven't lost interest, just had my attention yanked away by other things.

First, Machineking, that is an interesting idea; perhaps the Dwarrow were related to the mythical giants of old in this setting. I'll need to see if that hashes out well.

The Kingdom 4 is a good idea, and one that I may use. An overly meddling Council could be fun. Perhaps humans living in the slums support the Council, as they don't really have enough power to oppress the humans.

You know, it occurs to me that the dwarven lands are still a lot less interesting than Ixtlan, even with this changes. I need ideas on how to liven it up. I'm thinking vaguely nationalist Robin-Hood esque bands of brigand humans seeking to create a human home in the dwarf lands might help, Along with their opponents, humans enriched by their service among the dwarves, and terrified of the nationalists causing retribution against the humans.

Any other ideas to make the dwarven lands more interesting?

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

Sorry for seemingly abandoning this, guys. I haven't lost interest, just had my attention yanked away by other things.

First, Machineking, that is an interesting idea; perhaps the Dwarrow were related to the mythical giants of old in this setting. I'll need to see if that hashes out well.

The Kingdom 4 is a good idea, and one that I may use. An overly meddling Council could be fun. Perhaps humans living in the slums support the Council, as they don't really have enough power to oppress the humans.

You know, it occurs to me that the dwarven lands are still a lot less interesting than Ixtlan, even with this changes. I need ideas on how to liven it up. I'm thinking vaguely nationalist Robin-Hood esque bands of brigand humans seeking to create a human home in the dwarf lands might help, Along with their opponents, humans enriched by their service among the dwarves, and terrified of the nationalists causing retribution against the humans.

Any other ideas to make the dwarven lands more interesting?
    Well, combining the Robin Hood idea with my Warlock idea, and take just a little bit of inspiration from The Song of Ice and Fire...

Robin Hood-esque bands with undead .

In other words, the line between good and evil is further blurred, and players can have fun fighting undead without ready access to divine magic.

Other thoughts...

The dwarven kingdoms will probably be spying on each other alot, since none of the kingdoms trusts another. Combine that with artifice and you have some James Bond style spy action. Although this may seem a bit Eberron, I don't think it would really feel too much out of place in a Medium magic setting.

Also, just to sum up some of my other ideas (as you didn't reference them):

-Using Shadow of the Colossus style giants in place of/along with standard giants.

-Using Elves as a Britan/France analouge.

-Having a Messiahic figure in human mythology, and possibly as a plot point.

13. - Top - End - #43

PirateCaptain

How far along is contact between the Couatlinti and the Dwarves? Seems to me it would be smart of the Dwarven elite to send human colonists to this new world. Then, they're out of the Dwarve's hair and not making trouble in the homeland.

A part of the reason why Ixtlan seems more interesting is that the Couatlinti and the Orcs were built more from a single idea. They feel more defined than the Dwarves to me. I think an important step is to discover what the Dwarves believe. Who are they as a people? Since they appear to be based on Late Medieval Spain, think on what defines Late Medieval Spain.

Three things come to mind when I think of the Spanish Empire: Money, Power, and Religion. The Dwarves of this setting need to be disgustingly wealthy. The traditional view of them as miners and craftsmen works well here partly because their avarice leads them to struggle against dragons (feathered and otherwise!) for gold and silver.

The Spanish Empire was HUGE, with the most powerful Navy in the world. That sort of power would only be necessary if there were threats to the Dwarves, meaning MachineKing's idea about using Elves as Britain would work brilliantly, especially if you keep them out of the actual game. I think the Elf angle works better if they remain in the background, partly because an unseen enemy is the most interesting, and because that might give some room for later development as the setting becomes more complex.

Finally, Religion. Spain was just a wee-bit on the fanatical side. I think it would go a long way to establish a religious reason for Dwarves disliking, or even persecuting humans. Perhaps an ancient hero was said to have put down a race of titans, and when the humans showed up with stories of colossal undead giants stomping around, it set off some red flags among the priesthood.

14. - Top - End - #44

Haven't abandoned this, just letting it sleep. I'll put it in my signature so that I remember to update it once in a while, but for now, I want to work on a different campaign world.

Again, thanks for the help everyone, especially the last few who have posted on this thread. You're a great help!

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

Haven't abandoned this, just letting it sleep. I'll put it in my signature so that I remember to update it once in a while, but for now, I want to work on a different campaign world.

Again, thanks for the help everyone, especially the last few who have posted on this thread. You're a great help!
    Make a thread for your new world and will keep helping you out.

16. - Top - End - #46

Is this too late to revive? Apologies to the mods if it is, just wanted to post that I'm interested in DMing this game world to test it out. Any takers? I'll have an invite only game if so.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

It's never too late to revive a world-building thread .

And I would like to play in your game. I ordered Magic of Incarnum from Amazon, so I'd like to give it a try, but if you don't understand it, I'd like to play a Human Necrolock, depending wether my proposed fluff regarding human warlocks and undead raising Robin Hood-esque bands of outlaws was yayed or nayed, you never really spoke on the subject.

18. - Top - End - #48

Quote Originally Posted by Machinekng View Post
    It's never too late to revive a world-building thread .

And I would like to play in your game. I ordered Magic of Incarnum from Amazon, so I'd like to give it a try, but if you don't understand it, I'd like to play a Human Necrolock, depending wether my proposed fluff regarding human warlocks and undead raising Robin Hood-esque bands of outlaws was yayed or nayed, you never really spoke on the subject.
    Don't have Magic of Incarnum, so no. What is the Necrolock from? I'm unfamiliar with it.

The fluff, ehhh, no. Doesn't fit my setting. However, I'm perfectly willing for humans to secretly practice necromancy in defiance of dwarfish laws against it. PM me with a few of the details you want for your character, and lets see if it'll fit what I'm planning.
    Last edited by RationalGoblin; 2011-09-11 at 09:34 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

Don't have Magic of Incarnum, so no. What is the Necrolock from? I'm unfamiliar with it.

The fluff, ehhh, no. Doesn't fit my setting. However, I'm perfectly willing for humans to secretly practice necromancy in defiance of dwarfish laws against it.
    Necromancer-Warlock. A warlcok focusing on The Dead Walk invocation.

I'm still interested. I'll just have to think about my character.

20. - Top - End - #50

Necromancer-Warlock. A warlcok focusing on The Dead Walk invocation.

I'm still interested. I'll just have to think about my character.
    Actually, I managed to gain access to Complete Arcane (at least temporarily) so if you want, a Necrolock remains an option (at least for now).

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

Cool. If you do lose access, what other sources are available?

22. - Top - End - #52

Default Ixtlan, the New World

Cool. If you do lose access, what other sources are available?
    All core sources, and Libris Mortis (the only non-core book I have). I'll also accept homebrew sources (mostly from this forum) on a case by case basis.
    Last edited by RationalGoblin; 2011-09-17 at 01:38 PM.