New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 57 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: Togo's Planar Adventure set partly in Sigil (IC)

Kalinor wactches as the equipment and spiders are rounded up.

If you're coming, I'll lead the way? He motions with one arm down towards the entrance to Silver Street, where the children's boothes have already closed and the streets are filled with a gradually thinning crowd.

Silver street itself is long and straight, showcasing the looming bulk of the Foundary at one end. It is still, however a street of houses and traders, with no monuments and little in the way of civic architecture, and clearly smaller and narrower than some of the grand processionals you can see overhead, in some of the finer parts of the city.

Where Silver Street gets its name from becomes clear, as the street is lined with stalls and shops containing shining polished goods made from tin, steel, pewter, and occasionally even silver.

We need a street about halfway down, according to Nephira's directions... Kalinor announces. ..where a black iron bridge crosses over.

He changes topic rather suddenly.

It's the timing I don't understand. We met yesterday. They had the ambush in place by this afternoon. Noone decides to spend that much money that quickly. Or at least, I've never met anyone who does and believe me I've been looking. So they must have some idea that I'd be there, or you'd be there. But they didn't know the mirror has already been stolen...

He glances around

Actually, that's something I wanted to ask. About that mirror... You wouldn't be interested in helping us get it back, would you? No obligation, of course, but... if you were willing, it might really make all the difference.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Eventually, Godot's sobbing subsides, and she clambers slowly to her feet. Her eyes are downcast, and she shuffles along with the others without comment or upward glance.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

"They could have been already spying on you. Or... there could be a snitch in your entourage," responds Rhion casually to Kalinor's theories on the ambush, effectively repeating himself.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Cespenar View Post
    "They could have been already spying on you. Or... there could be a snitch in your entourage," responds Rhion casually to Kalinor's theories on the ambush, effectively repeating himself.
    Ok, say there was. They can't organise anything until you arrive, last night. Then they..they do what? Get word to people in Sigil, somehow, to organise the ambush for when we arrive. It's tight timing... I guess it's possible though.

He's silent for a few moments.

It means I have a traitor though. Or you do. Are those two going to be ok?

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

Rhion spares a look at Godot and Saffron, and smiles gently at Kalinor.

"Yes, little though I have traveled with them, I think they are strong women, those two. They will be okay, I'm sure of it. But... it would be nice if a priest would tend to Saffron...

"By the way, I intended for no offense with all the 'traitor' talk. Just wanted to bring out the possibilities, far as they be, so that we would be a little more ready, if the time comes."

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

Sthrer goes to get some of the supplies. "Perhaps they had divination on their side?"
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    There were other programs that were deleted, but they either go quietly or spend the rest of their existence sitting around babbling about causality. Smith's different. He gets deleted and he's like "Hell no, I'm staying. And I'll steal your kernel privileges and spam copies of myself onto every last thing on the hard disk. How d'you like that?"
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race
    -Complicated Wendigo Race
    False Hydra (Goblin Punch)

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

BlackDragon

Descending from the rooftops, Umbriel ensures that the bodies of the enemy soldiers are treated respectfully, with their blades laid at their sides. She takes out a sheet of paper and a quill and ink, and notes down the items recovered from their bodies, relaying their properties to the rest of the group as she does so. "Bracers to enhance physical strength - four sets. Gloves to enhance nimbleness - four sets. Rings to deflect blows - four. Crystals to gift fire to the weapons to which they are attached - four. Enchanted breastplates - four. Javelins that become minor lightning bolts when thrown - four. Cloaks that grant good fortune and empower attacks from above - four. Reins that allow a mount to become briefly airborne - four sets." She breaks off her note-taking to frown at Androse's comment.

"Young man, while it is a common misconception, there is nothing inherently evil in a being whose animation and will stems from negative energy - or mechanical contrivance, for that matter - rather than common life-force. The creation of undead can be theologically perilous, of course, but..." She breaks off what seemed likely to turn into a dissertation on the subject, remembering that they are still in a public street. "In any case, we shall speak later on this matter. Hmph."

As the group begins to move down the street, the old mage hangs back for a moment. Taking a last long glance around the square, she murmurs quietly to the breeze, "If you are watching by magic, I expect you can hear me. If you want these men and their blades back, I doubt you will have much trouble in finding us. If you desire further interaction, a simple message would do: one not relayed at sword-point would likely be received better."

Strolling over to catch up with the group, she joins the conversation with Kalinor. "Hmm. Divination is certainly a possibility. Beyond basic scrying, there are spells that can foretell the near future, with fair accuracy when used cleverly. I did find portraits of the eight of us on their bodies... and one more." She shows the last picture to Kalinor and the other members of the party - a sketch of a man in robes holding a large ornate book, his face obscured. "Do you perchance recognize any identifying features of this man or his book? Alternatively, perhaps it is not a mortal at all - there are deities of magic, knowledge and secrets who might well be depicted in such a way - but then the picture's inclusion with the others is curious."

She does not show the others the portrait of herself. Dreadful artwork. If she was the artist, she would be embarrassed to have something like that attributed to her. Not true to life at all. She stops to briefly check her reflection in the polished goods hanging outside the nearest shop, tucking a few errant strands of hair back into her braid and adjusting her rich robes and cloak.

Returning to the conversation, she asks Kalinor, "Does Nephira know much of the city? Here in Sigil, if anywhere in the multiverse, we should be able to find nearly any required supplies if we know where to look. I know of some items that can cure even debilitating and slow-healing injuries to the body or mind, for example, but not where such might be found here." A brief tilt of her head toward Saffron makes the reason for her words clear.

Spoiler
    Show
    @Togo: I am completely happy with you requiring more exotic methods to identify weird and wonderful items (especially since that means we're likely to find weird and wonderful items ) And thanks for the tacit reminder that Wee Jas is also the goddess of vanity, intentional or not

Knowledge (Religion) check to see if the last portrait has any features associated with the iconography of certain gods or saints? (1d20+37)[52]. Knowledge (Arcana) check for the same about notable mages or scholars of the arcane arts, (1d20+37)[42].

@everyone else: item list is (per rider),
    Reins of ascension
    gloves of dexterity +2 dex
    bracers of ogre power +2 Str
    ring of protection +1 AC
    Piercer cloak of resistance +2 sv
    lesser fire crystal
    breastplate +1 AC
    Javelin of lightning
    Masterword double sword

Sorry for the silence + massive post, I'm at a workshop at the moment, and time to post is very unpredictable.
    Last edited by Ifni; 2011-07-01 at 06:18 AM.
    Word:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    I must not argue on the Internet.
    Internet argument is the mind-killer.
    It is the little death that brings total aggravation.
    I will face my annoyance.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    When it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path.
    Where the irritation has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'd quite like a pair of the gloves and the bracers, and perhaps a cloak. Do the crystals work on weapons that have magic already?"

Sthrer looks over at Saffron and winces. "Perhaps asking someone would be wise. None of us know this place like a local would, I think."
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    There were other programs that were deleted, but they either go quietly or spend the rest of their existence sitting around babbling about causality. Smith's different. He gets deleted and he's like "Hell no, I'm staying. And I'll steal your kernel privileges and spam copies of myself onto every last thing on the hard disk. How d'you like that?"
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

BlackDragon

"I believe the crystals should work on already-enchanted weapons. Indeed, more powerful crystals only work in conjunction with weapons that possess powerful magic of their own. On the other hand, multiple crystals on the same weapon will not work: their magical fields tend to interfere with each other."

Umbriel nods to the sorceress. "As for the bracers, gloves and cloak, take them if you wish. If none of our more combative allies need them, I might claim a pair of the bracers for myself: I am not as strong as I was in my younger days." She notes down any items Sthrer takes on her list.

As they examine the items, Umbriel regards the elven woman with curiosity. Touched by the Far Realms, clearly, but not wholly of that strange place. An interesting anomaly. "That was a fine work of ice magic you invoked, in the battle just past," she remarks conversationally. "Do you have a particular area of focus in your spellcasting?"
    Word:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

"I will take one, then. A weapon of both fire and ice will be useful.

"And I tend towards spells that have uses outside of battle. I have a magic bow, and I travel with fighters, so having spells of water breathing, fast running, and understanding people is wiser to my mind."
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Simon moved to Saffron's side, channeling positive energy into her body, forcing it to her wounds, and stitching them together. I appologize I was not able to attend to you sooner. My concentration was lost. My mind went first to the dead, and their souls, as it often does. I hope my delay did not cause you too much pain."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry about that. Cause posted in the OOC.
    Here, SPoD, have a Cure Serious Wounds.
    (3d6+8)[16]
    Do you need a Restoration? And would I know that Togo?

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

BlackDragon

Umbriel nods slightly in response to Sthrer's words. "Sensible - so your spells are primarily designed to augment yourself and others by modification of physical capability, then? I myself specialize in magics of changing and transmutation: you might find some of them interesting. Do you work from a spellbook, or are your powers inborn or inculcated by long training?"

Umbriel nods at the other woman's tail. "You appear physically distinct from the standard elven type: are your differences innate to your race, or the result of magical enhancement?" Her tone holds no hint of condemnation or disgust, only mild curiosity.

She observes the spell Simon is casting and purses her lips. Inclining her head to the priest, she says, "It is very good that you have magical methods to treat wounds, Simon, but we should secure more efficient methods of out-of-combat healing, and a means to cure you should you be harmed. There must surely be a marketplace in this city where the temples sell their wares. Have any of you visited here before?"
    Last edited by Ifni; 2011-07-02 at 09:45 PM.
    Word:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

"I tend towards things that change the world, not just damage stuff, yes. And I was born with power.

"As to my form, a bit of both. The idea of a creature with advantages borrowed from everything around it has always been something of a dream of mine, but that may be more the result than the cause."
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race

14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by THEChanger View Post
    Simon moved to Saffron's side, channeling positive energy into her body, forcing it to her wounds, and stitching them together. I appologize I was not able to attend to you sooner. My concentration was lost. My mind went first to the dead, and their souls, as it often does. I hope my delay did not cause you too much pain."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry about that. Cause posted in the OOC.
    Here, SPoD, have a Cure Serious Wounds.
    [roll0]
    Do you need a Restoration? And would I know that Togo?
    Simon (whoops!)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes she needs a restoration. Yes, you can figure that out (I don't think you can fail a DC 10 heal check). She's missing 3 con, so a restoration, lesser restoration, heal or similar would be useful.
    Last edited by Togo; 2011-07-03 at 05:27 PM.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Androse slid in besides Umbriel as she spoke with the modified woman - his own powers would remain hidden for the moment, unspoken until the time was needed; part of him wanted them to get into a situation where he could draw on his draconic power, draw on his true strength and reveal his true identity: Xiuhcoatl the Golden, Xiuhcoatl of Desert Lands, Xiuhcoatl the Serpent. Or any other name they wanted to give him.

"My powers seem so weak in comparison," he said plainly, "That of parley and discussion."

Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure if a Bluff check is needed, but (1d20+5)[7] is the result.
    RIP Tasha, April 1986 to November 25th, 2008. 22 years and 7 months of being the best kitty ever. You will be missed forever.

RIP Finney Jr., June 1998 to March 18, 2011. Nearly 13 years of being the best goldfish ever. You, as with Tasha, will be missed forever.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Godot is still downcast, but a touch of curiosity creeps back under the blanket of her depression. She picks up the dropped threads of conversation with Kalinor. Her voice was flat and distant, but at least she was speaking.

"Yesterday? It was barely a couple of hours ago we met, yes? It would seem likely that someone simply extrapolated from a point at which the mercenaries would be ready for an attack, and used some kind of divination to learn where we would be at that time. It's a plot device that I've used in three of my plays. It's sort of like the mislaid messenger, or misunderstood villain. Covers a multitude of sins."

She sinks back into reverie for a moment.

"Perhaps we can use the same techniques to learn the identity of those who are willing to pay a great deal to kill us."
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

Simon gave the portraits a cursory glance, not particularly caring how those that wanted them dead chose to represent them artistically. But, seeing the last, he tore it from Umbriel's hand. "But how? Even here he follows me? How long must I put up with his madness!" Simon threw the portrait to the ground in frustration. He had thought maybe in Sigil, he might escape from this manifestation of the Darkstone's evil. But it seems that was not to be.
    "Aye, I recognize that man. From what I have gathered, his name is Ezekiel. He is a very strange man. He's been following me since-for a long time. He does nothing, just watches. I do not think he is a threat. Yet."

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

Simon
    Spoiler
    Show
    a bit above there is a spoiler in Togo's post adressed to me, but obviously directed to you. Just pointing that out in case you missed that.

Derk follows the conversations. He nods in agreement with Androse and his opinions on the undead. When the magic items come up he sais: Hmm, do the gloves look any good...silver-ish perhaps? I guess I can put a pair of those to good use. He looks with grave concern when Simon reveals his story about the man that follows him and gives him a sympathetic nod. If it does not impose too much on your personal life, we may try to find out more about this man and alleviate you of this problem?

As Umbriel and Shtrer discuss their magics he is obviously interested. He nods and looks intently at the ladies.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

"By all means, Derk. I, unfortunately, know very little of him. But if a way could be devised to deal with this man, and figure his purpose, I'd be most grateful." As Simon finished with his conversation regarding Ezekiel, he also completed his ministrations upon Saffron. "There. That should be good. Do you still feel much pain?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alright then, a blast of Restoration as well.
    In OOC terms, have you come to within 10 points of your full Hit Points, SPoD?
    Last edited by THEChanger; 2011-07-12 at 10:14 PM.
    ATTENTION ANYONE WHO I'M PLAYING WITH:
    No news is good news.

20. - Top - End - #260

Beholder

"I can cast wand-magic, and shall search for a temple to procure several wands," Androse said, "But I have never been here before, and it looks easy to lose oneself here."
    RIP Tasha, April 1986 to November 25th, 2008. 22 years and 7 months of being the best kitty ever. You will be missed forever.

RIP Finney Jr., June 1998 to March 18, 2011. Nearly 13 years of being the best goldfish ever. You, as with Tasha, will be missed forever.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

Rhion produces a wand as he sees Simon finishing with the actual patch-up.

"Here, I can help with the less critical wounds with this, I think."

Spoiler
    Show
    How many hp does she need?

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

BlackDragon

Umbriel regards Simon thoughtfully. "Interesting. Well, with his name and his portrait I could attempt a scrying spell, if you like. Some can shield themselves against such magics, but either way, we would learn something." Since - what, I wonder? Probably that pause meant since something we should not discuss on the street. She would have to pursue it later. "Someone seemed to think he was allied with us, and Kalinor does not seem to have been a direct target at all. Perhaps more than one mirror is involved here. We should reflect upon it." She smiles slightly. Mirror mirror, on the wall... and powerful divination magic, in Kalinor's hidden cart. Delightful. She looks over at Godot. "Your ideas are most interesting... Godot." Not child, not now. The girl is stronger than she'd thought, to bounce back so quickly. Not to be underestimated. "I would like to hear you elaborate, once we reach a more private place. Divinations I can work, but intrigue is hardly my specialty." Or, well, not her primary specialty. While a chaos gnome would not precisely have been her first choice of ally, she would undoubtedly grant new perspectives, and that was valuable.

As the wand-healers work their magic, she turns back to Derk and Sthrer, but steps back slightly to include Godot in the conversation if she wishes to join in. "So, Derk... I observe you also have significant magical abilities. What is your choice of path?" And Godot, most powerful of them all, as skilled as she herself. No, best not to underestimate that one.
    Last edited by Ifni; 2011-07-06 at 02:02 AM.
    Word:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #263
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Kalinor leads the group down Silver Street, the towering mass of The Foundary at the end of the street lighting the clouds of smog above it with a red glow.

To the right, an enclosed bridge of twisted black iron spines arcs from one building to another over a narrow side street, burrowing into the building's flank like a paracite. Kalinor takes this street, leading the way through the shadows of buildings and the darkening evening. After a few hundred yards the street ends in a gate. Twenty yards past the gate rises what looks like a small temple. A single large archway contains a massive wooden door, with a smaller man-sized door cut into one side. Above, two oval windows are decorated with coloured glass, cut to an abstract pattern. Small tall and thin windows are visible high on the walls on the sides of the building, but there are none low down, giving the building a slightly fortified feel.

To the right of the building, a courtyard littered with crates, wagons, and packing materials. To the far right a small stable, for the pack animals, is under construction. The rest of the courtyard is taken up with what looks lke the beginnigs of a large flat rectangular forge.

There are two guards on the gate, and five or people working in the courtyard, similar to those you saw in the caravan.

Nephira sees you as you draw near, and approaches, warmth and welcome entirely absent from her stare.

Kalinor waves a hand. Well, this is it! I think I got a real bargain here. Used to be a temple to some kind of something or other, but temples aren't allowed in Sigil, so as soon as they tried to get some worwhippers, they got into trouble. The inhabitents just disappeared one night. I dropped a few bribes to get working access to the place, and here we are! Plenty of room inside to display my wares, and we should be able to get a small forge going. I could wish for a better neighbourhood, but you can't have everything. I should have enough guards to keep the place safe...

His rapid patter slows a bit, and he looks troubled. While he pauses, Nephira arrives, her flawless features scowling. Kalinor nods at her presence and carries on...

I don't want to press, but... I was asking if you'd be willing to help me out with getting that stolen mirror back. I've got an idea, but I'd need your help. It would too dangerous for me to try and draw out those who stole it, but for you? For you, I think it would work.

He shrugs. Either way, you're welcome to stay. Nephira's been in charge of the arrangements here, so I'm sure she'd be only too happy to show you so rooms for the night.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ifni View Post
    "So, Derk... I observe you also have significant magical abilities. What is your choice of path?"
    Derk's face beams with pride as he broadens his pose. It is the mighty blood of the noble silver dragon that runs through my veins. It has infused my heart to take up the divine path, but yes, my magic is arcane. My path, my spells are not a choice, but an inheritance and a mission.

However, to answer your question, my abilities enhance my physical prowess, my ability to protect those in need and my ability to discover truth and knowledge.
    Derk's eyebrow raises a bit as he ponders on how he feels about what he just said. And the wall of ice thing. Can do that as well. Derk starts to mumble a bit: Don't know yet why....

EDIT:
    Before replying to Kalinor or showing willingness to follow anyone to any form of chamber, Derk is curious to the nature of the temple. Is it a 'common' temple, or is it dedicated to something alien to Derk?
    Last edited by Autopsibiofeeder; 2011-07-08 at 06:13 PM.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

As the group arrives at the former temple, Godot stays in the courtyard for a moment. She looks around, making a couple of loud clucking sound with her tongue.

"Hmm. Surprisingly good acoustics."

Inside, she nods at Nephira, but senses the woman's hostility, and does not approach. She does however, wander over to Kalinor as he speaks. Her voice is light, belying the gloomy face.

"Well, now we've helped each other through a planar gate and survived death together, Kalinor. Before we agree to help in recovering the stolen mirror, perhaps this would be a good time to tell us what's really so special about these mirrors."

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

"That is an important point, yes." Sthrer smirks. "Seems rather a lot of trouble otherwise."
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race

27. - Top - End - #267

Beholder

"I am rather curious myself as to their purpose. They have power beyond a simple reflection, naturally, but what is their primary ability?"

28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Our mirrors? Kalinor looks a little surprised. Oh, well I can tell you but I'd rather you didn't spread it around too much. They're basically made of steel.

An alloy of metals fused to glass, says Nephira sternly. Cobalt mainly.

Same sort of thing, says Kalinor, impatient, but the main thing is they're very hard to break, and it's not that expensive to make.

It's not cheap.

No, but it's not expensive. Comparable to trying to lay out a single sheet of glass that size, and with less chance of the mixture cracking, or an imperfection making a section cloudly. And because it's tougher, you can make them much larger without worrying so much about the structure, and people can buy them without worrying so much about keeping them protected.

But I'm not sure that's relevent. It might be, but I'm not sure. The mirror that was stolen wasn't one we created.
    Kalinor looks a little uncomfortable.

The thing is,when you go into a business like this, you want to know what's been done before. So we bought a lot of old mirrors, particularly enchanted mirrors, to see how they were made. Expensive, but I planned to sell them again once we were finished. Anyhow, the mirror that was stolen was probably the oldest, a real antique, called the Well of Souls. Big, old, enchanted, metal frame... we never did find out when or where it was originally made, did we Nephira?

No, She says flatly, we did not. We did uncover some legends, though, didn't we Kalinor? The Night of the Lost Children, the Flight of the Elves, the Caravan of Khandar, the Fall of Korolis.

Kalinor flaps his hands impatiently. Yes, yes we uncovered a great many legends about old mirrors, but I'm not convinced they're all about the same mirror, even assuming they're about real events. The Fall of Korolis is an allegory, for goodness sake, about the dangers of too much navel-gazing.

Anyway, for whatever reason, someone apparently attacked our wagon and stole the mirror, and we're still trying to work out who.

I was thinking they might try again, and if you were waiting for them, we might find out what was going on... But that's a danger to you, and I don't want to impose,
    he insists a trifle unconvincingly. Nephira can show you to some quarters and maybe you can sort out what you want to do between yourselves?
    Last edited by Togo; 2011-07-09 at 07:30 PM.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Godot brings together the fingertips of her hands and stared down at them. She is either not noticing his obvious desire to brush them off, or else is ignoring it.

"I...thank you, Kalinor. There's a couple of aspects really don't understand. Someone stole your legendary mirror, and you're afraid that they'll do it again? How many powerful artifact-y mirrors do you have?

"And when you say that someone 'apparently' stole it from your wagon, does that mean that it vanished without any sign of outside interference? Given its obscure origins and mythic status, is it possible that it...left of its own accord?"

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

BlackDragon

Umbriel raises her eyebrows as Kalinor leads them into the compound. "Temples are not allowed in Sigil? I suppose I should not be surprised. Is street preaching and so on forbidden, or merely buildings dedicated to a deity or faith? What of private worship gatherings?"

She looks carefully around the courtyard, her gaze lingering on the abstract patterns of the stained glass. Are they familiar?

She nods at Derk's explanation, a slight smile curving her lips as he confirms what she had suspected. "Ah, dragon-blooded, very good. As for the ice wall, silver dragons are creatures of air and cold, it does not surprise me you would have skill with such magic. What knowledge-seeking spells do you possess?"

As Nephira approaches and Kalinor explains the situation in more detail, Umbriel nods slightly at the description of the new mirror-making technique. "Have you tested if your mirrors can be employed in scrying?" she interjects, looking more at Nephira than at Kalinor. "Not a large market, perhaps, but perhaps a lucrative one." She thinks ruefully of the cost of her own scrying mirror. A more portable and less fragile version... that would be a boon to mages everywhere.

As Nephira mentions the stories they recovered, Umbriel's gaze sharpens, and she searches her own memory for the events the other woman refers to. "I would be most interested to hear more of these stories, Nephira," she says. "Where did you find them? But - I am sorry, I do not believe we have introduced ourselves to you yet? I am called Umbriel."

"As for helping you, as Godot says... it would be good to understand the situation first. It does perhaps make clearer why someone might induce a planar rip and then send highly-paid assassins after you."

She taps her chin. "Although... a brief question, before we discuss matters further. Nephira, do you or Uzark have wards against scrying active, or are there such protections inherent to this place? Since we already know someone has been observing us, perhaps it would be wise to take precautions." She looks around. "Where is Uzark, anyway?"

Spoiler
    Show
    GM, do I still see the strong divination aura that was previously coming from inside the wagon? If not, does Umbriel remember the last time she saw it?

Knowledge checks already rolled in OOC thread.
    Last edited by Ifni; 2011-07-10 at 02:03 AM.
    Word:
    Spoiler
    Show