Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: Togo's Planar Adventure set partly in Sigil (OOC)

If you cast haste as you rode, which is what your post implied, you'd've hit everyone except Androse.

Rhion - good point
    Spoiler
    Show

Actually the last two are both threats (19-20)*2

Confirm Jagged longsword1: (1d20+15)[21]
    Confirm Jagged longsword2: (1d20+10)[18]

Derk - Bear in mind that you had to five foot step to attack Brute 2, so you're presently either in I9 or I10 (your choice)
    Last edited by Togo; 2011-08-24 at 07:43 AM.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, I thought the 3rd and 4th attack of last round was vs the grinning man? It does not really matter to me: I was hitting someone and someone else was trying to hit me. I keep on hitting the same guy and when he drops, I turn to the guy trying to hit me.

My position does not really matter to me. I guess I9 is best, since that offers the option for Simon to use me as cover/shield if things go downhill.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Autopsibiofeeder View Post
    Ah, I thought the 3rd and 4th attack of last round was vs the grinning man? It does not really matter to me: I was hitting someone and someone else was trying to hit me. I keep on hitting the same guy and when he drops, I turn to the guy trying to hit me.

My position does not really matter to me. I guess I9 is best, since that offers the option for Simon to use me as cover/shield if things go downhill.
    My apologies, you're quite correct. Your position on the map is accurate, and the grinning man is wounded.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togo View Post
    If you cast haste as you rode, which is what your post implied, you'd've hit everyone except Androse.
    Very good Rhion, Simon, note that you are both Hasted (I believe Derk is already taking it into account).
    PCs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Word:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    I must not argue on the Internet.
    Internet argument is the mind-killer.
    It is the little death that brings total aggravation.
    I will face my annoyance.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    When it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path.
    Where the irritation has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ifni View Post
    Very good Rhion, Simon, note that you are both Hasted (I believe Derk is already taking it into account).
    Nice, I added one more attack.
    PbP Game Statistics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Updated 19.07.13)
    Games Joined: 53
    Games Dead: 50
    Games Successfully Finished: 0
    Partially Finished/TPK'd: 1

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ettin in the Playground

Simon, I think you're forgetting (a) the +8 morale bonus to hit and damage from Godot's song (unless you're immune to morale bonuses?), and (b) Umbriel gave out a chained +5 Greater Magic Weapon earlier (which lasts for 20 hours), so your sword should be +5
    PCs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Word:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

Simon, I think you're forgetting (a) the +8 morale bonus to hit and damage from Godot's song (unless you're immune to morale bonuses?), and (b) Umbriel gave out a chained +5 Greater Magic Weapon earlier (which lasts for 20 hours), so your sword should be +5
    Och, cwap. Forgot about that (the +5 magic) as well. My bad, my problem, though .
    Last edited by Autopsibiofeeder; 2011-08-24 at 04:33 PM.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ettin in the Playground

I didn't get that spell too, did I?
    PbP Game Statistics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Updated 19.07.13)

9. - Top - End - #369
    Titan in the Playground

I don't think you can enchant natural weapons with Greater Magic Weapon. Unless Togo is houseruling something.
    Currently climbing out of a heckofa two weeks at work/RL. Now working to catch up. Thanks for your patience.

Peridot avatar (complete with demon consorts) courtesy of the very talented Telasi.

Despair favours the status quo. It is a luxury we cannot afford. ~ Andrew Nikiforuk

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cespenar View Post
    I didn't get that spell too, did I?
    It doesn't work on natural weapons, but your unarmed strike would qualify, since you're a monk (monk unarmed strike counts as manufactured or natural, whichever is more favorable to you). I asked on the OOC thread early on, I think some of you never replied. I could target 20 weapons, and I think only five of those were already allocated

Togo, can I have enchanted the weapons of people who didn't reply early on, given we'd been traveling for a while? If so, here's the current GMW list:

-Saffron's swordbow
    -Derk's flail + bow
    -Umbriel's sickle
    -Godot's dagger
    -Simon's sword
    -Rhion's unarmed strike
    Total = 7

Like I said at the start, any backup weapons you have should be on this list as well, else the extra slots just get wasted
    Last edited by Ifni; 2011-08-24 at 04:52 PM.
    PCs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Word:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ogre in the Playground

It doesn't work on natural weapons, but your unarmed strike would qualify, since you're a monk (monk unarmed strike counts as manufactured or natural, whichever is more favorable to you). I asked on the OOC thread early on, I think some of you never replied. I could target 20 weapons, and I think only five of those were already allocated

Togo, can I have enchanted the weapons of people who didn't reply early on, given we'd been traveling for a while? If so, here's the current GMW list:

-Saffron's swordbow
    -Derk's flail + bow
    -Umbriel's sickle
    -Godot's dagger
    -Simon's sword
    -Rhion's unarmed strike
    Total = 7

Like I said at the start, any backup weapons you have should be on this list as well, else the extra slots just get wasted
    *nod* But I do suggest to leave the attacks as is. Just disregard the forgotten bonuses and apply them from now on. I wouldn't want to burden Togo with all the retro-math involved. I think it is hectic enough as it is .

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ettin in the Playground

*nod* But I do suggest to leave the attacks as is. Just disregard the forgotten bonuses and apply them from now on. I wouldn't want to burden Togo with all the retro-math involved. I think it is hectic enough as it is .
    I agree.

+12 to attack and damage rolls is a fine thing to have, though. Just saying.
    PbP Game Statistics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Updated 19.07.13)

13. - Top - End - #373
    Bugbear in the Playground

Oh. Yeah, I forgot about those.

So, let's see...that's a +13 to each of those rolls.
    So, the first Attack is a 42 with 33 damage, the second is a 53 with 36, the third is a 45 with 45, and the fourth is a 26 with 37.

That looks like it hurt.
    ATTENTION ANYONE WHO I'M PLAYING WITH:
    No news is good news.

Awesome Hex avatar by kpenguin

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ettin in the Playground

Umbriel is most happy to have big dumb fighters meatshields respected colleagues to buff Simon, note that the +5 doesn't stack with existing enchantments on your sword, so if it was already +1 then you only add +4 to attack and damage (I'm not sure what the sword's normal bonuses are, from your character sheet).

I'll post to the IC shortly, offering everyone an opportunity to reposition themselves as a free action.

EDIT: Looked up Sword of Virtue Beyond Reproach in the MIC, it works like a +1 Holy Longsword, so yeah, +12 to hit and damage above its normal stats
    Last edited by Ifni; 2011-08-24 at 08:53 PM.
    PCs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Word:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #375

So, subtract one from each of the above numbers. My mistake.
    ATTENTION ANYONE WHO I'M PLAYING WITH:
    No news is good news.

Awesome Hex avatar by kpenguin

16. - Top - End - #376

Beholder

-Saffron's swordbow
    -Derk's flail + bow
    -Umbriel's sickle
    -Godot's dagger
    -Simon's sword
    -Rhion's unarmed strike
    Total = 7

You forget, Androse has a +3 Shocking Longsword. However, now that his big reveal has happened (and not on his terms!), he'll want any kind of natural weapon enhancement he can find.
    Last edited by Obrysii; 2011-08-24 at 10:30 PM.
    Pointing out hypocrisy is not disrespect.

RIP Tasha, April 1986 to November 25th, 2008. 22 years and 7 months of being the best kitty ever. You will be missed forever.

RIP Finney Jr., June 1998 to March 18, 2011. Nearly 13 years of being the best goldfish ever. You, as with Tasha, will be missed forever.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Obrysii View Post
    You forget, Androse has a +3 Shocking Longsword. However, now that his big reveal has happened (and not on his terms!), he'll want any kind of natural weapon enhancement he can find.
    Well, if you don't mention your longsword, I won't know to enchant it But yes, I can add it to the list.

I don't have much in the way of natural-weapon-boosters right at the moment, although Fires of Purity is good for anyone with multiple attacks, and that's not from one of my banned schools, so I could learn it - I just don't know it yet.
    Last edited by Ifni; 2011-08-25 at 12:33 AM.
    PCs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Word:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Happy to apply the greater magic weapon to the weapons on the list.

Rhion, at some point we should probably sort out what you forms you can and can't reasonably do unarmed strikes in. You've got the attack sequence correct, but I'm finding it hard to visualise what body part is being used to attack, given that you can't use a limb that is also being used for a natural weapon. Maybe a sort of body slam? Go with what you're doing now for this fight, and let's sort out some guidelines afterwards. If nothing else, for Umbriel's spell to work it needs a target, which means a body part that is present in both the form she cast the spell on and the form you end up fighting in, that isn't then used as a natural weapon.

I retro-added the bonuses to Simon's attacks only. Try and remember these bonuses, as it's tough on the character's providing them if they aren't being used, and you could use the help!

Umbriel, could you let me know where dimensional step is from? I can't find the details. In particular, what's the weight limit, and would it be enough to cover, for example, dragons or dire lions wearing barding?

Choose your arrival space carefully. It should be obvious by now that the Brutes have a 10' reach, and despite their apparently improvised weapons are effectively well armed.

It should also be obvious that both humans and brutes have some form of DR. At least two characters in the party actually know what DR this is.
    Last edited by Togo; 2011-08-25 at 07:12 PM.

19. - Top - End - #379

Beholder

Rhion, at some point we should probably sort out what you forms you can and can't reasonably do unarmed strikes in.
    Technically an unarmed strike is any strike not made with a weapon ... so he could use a pseudopod, head-slam, or anything else conceivably to make the attack. Fear the limbless monk - he still can unarmed strike you!

RIP Tasha, April 1986 to November 25th, 2008. 22 years and 7 months of being the best kitty ever. You will be missed forever.

RIP Finney Jr., June 1998 to March 18, 2011. Nearly 13 years of being the best goldfish ever. You, as with Tasha, will be missed forever.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ettin in the Playground

Happy to apply the greater magic weapon to the weapons on the list.
    Thank you

Rhion, at some point we should probably sort out what you forms you can and can't reasonably do unarmed strikes in. You've got the attack sequence correct, but I'm finding it hard to visualise what body part is being used to attack, given that you can't use a limb that is also being used for a natural weapon. Maybe a sort of body slam? Go with what you're doing now for this fight, and let's sort out some guidelines afterwards. If nothing else, for Umbriel's spell to work it needs a target, which means a body part that is present in both the form she cast the spell on and the form you end up fighting in, that isn't then used as a natural weapon.
    Headbutt? Or is there a gore attack already in there? (although there seems to be something mildly wrong about Umbriel encouraging people to use their precious brain-boxes as bludgeoning weapons...)

Umbriel, could you let me know where dimensional step is from? I can't find the details.
    No worries - it's PHB2, page 110.

EDIT: Aaah, just saw the ninja edit Since I can do ninja edits too... there's not a weight/size limit on this one, it's just one (willing) target per three caster levels, I give each of them the ability to do an instant short-range teleport. I can't get the dragon for a couple of reasons - I get six targets and we have seven PCs, but more importantly, the spell has the same targeting restrictions as Haste (no two targets can be more than 30ft apart), and he's not close enough. I believe Simon and Umbriel are exactly 30ft apart, and they're the furthest apart other than Androse.

Choose your arrival space carefully. It should be obvious by now that the Brutes have a 10' reach, and despite their apparently improvised weapons are effectively well armed.
    Umbriel is just going to float at the blocked end of the alleyway, so she should be able to see the whole fight while keeping an eye on the wagon around the corner - she has various immediate-action emergency cards to play, if she or an ally is in dire danger (so scream for help through the Message if you think you're about to need it ) People should not feel bad about leaving her in the firing line, if the others decide to regroup closer to the wagon; she should be able to look after herself for one round, at least.

It should also be obvious that both humans and brutes have some form of DR. At least two characters in the party actually know what DR this is
    Umbriel is highly embarrassed she has no clue what these guys are, beyond "weird mutants" (unless I skimmed past a Knowledge check result earlier - please let me know if I did).
    Last edited by Ifni; 2011-08-25 at 08:15 PM.
    PCs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Word:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Obrysii View Post
    Technically an unarmed strike is any strike not made with a weapon ... so he could use a pseudopod, head-slam, or anything else conceivably to make the attack. Fear the limbless monk - he still can unarmed strike you!
    Sure, I think it should still be possible to make attacks. I'm just trying to work out whether Umbriel could have enchanted a body part in advance, and looking at a lion that has natural weapons on every limb including the head, and is armoured on most of the torso, it's not obvious what she could have targeted with her spell. Shoulders maybe?

"You want me to enchant your what?!"
    "Look it's perfectly reasonable, I'll be in a form with a tail, and wanting to make unarmed attacks, so..."
    "Ok, ok, bend over..."

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ettin in the Playground

"You want me to enchant your what?!"
    "Look it's perfectly reasonable, I'll be in a form with a tail, and wanting to make unarmed attacks, so..."
    "Ok, ok, bend over..."
    Okay, this is much better than the headbutt idea
    PCs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Word:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay then, opting for a body slam, no matter how awesomely wrong that example was.

Also, if I get Rhion teleport up 40 ft. in the air, I can probably get him to drop-charge the next round, right? Right.

Also*2, since some of the group members know how much DR the brutes have... well, how much?
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2011-08-25 at 08:34 PM.
    PbP Game Statistics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Updated 19.07.13)

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ettin in the Playground

Aha, there was a ninja edit to my Knowledge check! I will accordingly go edit my IC post add a new IC post to inform people of what Umbriel knows about the DR
    Last edited by Ifni; 2011-08-25 at 08:42 PM.
    PCs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Word:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ettin in the Playground

My integrated metagame translator interprets Umbriel's advise as... DR 5/Silver and Scent?
    PbP Game Statistics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Updated 19.07.13)

26. - Top - End - #386

Beholder

So, need a DM ruling. Can Xiulcoatl / Androse respond mid-round, or should I wait for my turn? Some DMs allow some responses, some do not.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ettin in the Playground

By the way, I'm holding back a bit here (well, in the "enjoying my awesome low-level spells" sense of holding back) - IC, Umbriel wants to see what her allies are capable of, and OOC, I'm trying (as discussed briefly earlier) to get a baseline estimate of the PCs' capabilities, so I know where I should direct buffs That said, if your character needs urgent lifesaving assistance, yell through the Message and there's a decent chance I'll be able to come up with something, even out-of-turn

EDIT: ... and Derk goes in the "brave but insane" category, if "a nice place to be" for him means "within full attack range of three brutes". Umbriel will watch this with interest Good luck!
    Last edited by Ifni; 2011-08-26 at 01:55 AM.
    PCs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Word:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ogre in the Playground

EDIT: ... and Derk goes in the "brave but insane" category, if "a nice place to be" for him means "within full attack range of three brutes". Umbriel will watch this with interest Good luck!
    Derk saw heavy blows being dealt to (some of) his friends. He is used to be just a bit better at handling that than others. Chances are je is just wrong about that in this case. Let's hope he will live to regret it .

I am heading to Lago Maggiore for the weekend. The people at the B&B tell me I will have internet access. But you never know. Assume I will keep on wailing on the brutes, trying to get the attention of as many of them as I can should I fail to post within 36 hours of this post, Togo.

(Att: +33/28/23/33, dam 4d6+15, AC41 (27 touch), F+21, R+12, W+21, 160/160 hp))

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ettin in the Playground

Derk saw heavy blows being dealt to (some of) his friends. He is used to be just a bit better at handling that than others. Chances are je is just wrong about that in this case. Let's hope he will live to regret it .

I am heading to Lago Maggiore for the weekend. The people at the B&B tell me I will have internet access. But you never know. Assume I will keep on wailing on the brutes, trying to get the attention of as many of them as I can should I fail to post within 36 hours of this post, Togo.

(Att: +33/28/23/33, dam 4d6+15, AC41 (27 touch), F+21, R+12, W+21, 160/160 hp))
    For clarification, are those atk/dmg numbers before the GMW and the bardsong, or including one and not the other? (I'm pretty sure they're not including both )

Have fun at Lago Maggiore!
    Last edited by Ifni; 2011-08-26 at 02:32 AM.
    PCs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Word:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ogre in the Playground

For clarification, are those atk/dmg numbers before the GMW and the bardsong, or including one and not the other? (I'm pretty sure they're not including both )

Have fun at Lago Maggiore!
    12 (Base), 7 (str), 5(mag), 1(haste), 8(song). Nope all included. I am 'just' a sorcerer.

Edit: holy ******, 4d6+23 damage!
    Last edited by Autopsibiofeeder; 2011-08-26 at 02:36 AM.