Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: Togo's Planar Adventure set partly in Sigil (OOC)

I am not sure how Xiulcoatl should react.

On one hand, she's got that whole "damsel" thing going on - even if she played them for chumps. On the other, she seems to have consorted with evil things ...
    Pointing out hypocrisy is not disrespect.

RIP Tasha, April 1986 to November 25th, 2008. 22 years and 7 months of being the best kitty ever. You will be missed forever.

RIP Finney Jr., June 1998 to March 18, 2011. Nearly 13 years of being the best goldfish ever. You, as with Tasha, will be missed forever.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ettin in the Playground

Heh. Umbriel is still reading her mind, and is perfectly well aware that she's keeping us talking in the hope that it'll make us feel bad about killing her. Umbriel could go either way on this: on the one hand, she's certainly evil and her interests don't really coincide with ours, but on the other, it's not good to make a habit of killing people who've cooperated and provided you with information, if news gets out then nobody has an incentive to cooperate in future. Also, like Godot, she rather admires the creature's self-possession

For the moment, she's just going to gather more information; to be honest, she's expecting the other PCs to have stronger feelings than she does about either (a) letting someone who probably qualifies as a fiend go free, or (b) killing a prisoner in cold blood, when this one doesn't seem to want to die.
    PCs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Word:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    I must not argue on the Internet.
    Internet argument is the mind-killer.
    It is the little death that brings total aggravation.
    I will face my annoyance.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    When it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path.
    Where the irritation has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

3. - Top - End - #453

Beholder

I've decided that he's going with (for now) the paladin "thou shalt not suffer evil to live" thing.

RIP Tasha, April 1986 to November 25th, 2008. 22 years and 7 months of being the best kitty ever. You will be missed forever.

RIP Finney Jr., June 1998 to March 18, 2011. Nearly 13 years of being the best goldfish ever. You, as with Tasha, will be missed forever.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ettin in the Playground

Rhion would be against killing her, for the record.

Oh, we had a IC thread too, right? Let me go say that there.
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2011-09-14 at 12:21 AM.
    PbP Game Statistics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Updated 19.07.13)
    Games Joined: 53
    Games Dead: 50
    Games Successfully Finished: 0
    Partially Finished/TPK'd: 1

5. - Top - End - #455

Beholder

Keep in mind that while he's doing the paladin proclamation stuff, he is quite young ... and firm enough words will sway his thoughts.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ettin in the Playground

A Togo appears!

Actually, I do have a question. Does Umbriel know where Korolis was on the Law-Chaos axis? Her Religion check is pretty good.
    PCs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Word:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Ifni View Post
    A Togo appears!

Actually, I do have a question. Does Umbriel know where Korolis was on the Law-Chaos axis? Her Religion check is pretty good.
    Chaotic. Very Chaotic.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by GuesssWho View Post
    Know. (Planes) roll on Well of Souls

[roll0]
    Sthethis
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well of Souls is one of the names for the Mirror you've been told about. It used to be belong to Korolis, it was rumpured to be found in the ruins of the Monkey's Spiral, a set of ruins that pre-date Korolis (and indeed humans) and was apparently used by Korolis to scry into the depths of his victims souls, that he might corrupt them all the more thoroughly.

9. - Top - End - #459

Nothing more than we already know, then?
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    If you understood the above, click here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    There were other programs that were deleted, but they either go quietly or spend the rest of their existence sitting around babbling about causality. Smith's different. He gets deleted and he's like "Hell no, I'm staying. And I'll steal your kernel privileges and spam copies of myself onto every last thing on the hard disk. How d'you like that?"
    Degeneration 91 Subtract one and add to your signature.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Sthrer - basically yeah, what you have already. Note some of the stories linked to earlier referred to the Well of Souls:
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showp...&postcount=275

I'm back with semi-regular internet.

Let me know if you want me to move the scene along.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ogre in the Playground

Derk is still there (as am I reading along daily), but things are going way over his head. All this innuendo, threats and mindgames not to mention deific spawns and wells of souls.

He is there, though, ready to back you up on any course of action. Just explaining why I am not quite posting.

12. - Top - End - #462

Beholder

Yep, same for Androse/Xiulcoatl ... he isn't sure if he wants this chaos-spawned she-thing dead or defended.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Autopsibiofeeder View Post
    Derk is still there (as am I reading along daily), but things are going way over his head. All this innuendo, threats and mindgames not to mention deific spawns and wells of souls.

He is there, though, ready to back you up on any course of action. Just explaining why I am not quite posting.
    Almost exactly the same with Rhion.
    PbP Game Statistics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Updated 19.07.13)

14. - Top - End - #464
    Titan in the Playground

Well, our IC questioning will probably wrap up soon, and we WILL need to figure out what to do with Lycanthe. She's been entertaining AND cooperative, as said, so Godot would oppose just killing her, but clearly she's dangerous, resourceful and unlikely to just go away.

Godot could, possibly, dominate Lycanthe, walk her over to a hotel room, pay up for a couple weeks, and tell her to sleep for a few days. It takes her out of the equation for a short time (barring Togo's desires to have her re-enter the picture), but doesn't deliver her to our friendly mirror merchant. We have the option of returning to ask her more questions. She's unharmed, and not in pain.

I'm going over this OOC, given the rather unfortunate results of the last time Godot tried to hold onto a prisoner using Dominate.

Other ideas?
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2011-09-20 at 01:01 AM.
    Currently climbing out of a heckofa two weeks at work/RL. Now working to catch up. Thanks for your patience.

Peridot avatar (complete with demon consorts) courtesy of the very talented Telasi.

Despair favours the status quo. It is a luxury we cannot afford. ~ Andrew Nikiforuk

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ettin in the Playground

I think that's a reasonable idea, Toliudar. I'm curious to know what she wants to do; I was getting the impression she might want to tag along with us (which Umbriel thinks is likely a bad idea, but otoh, at least we'd be able to keep an eye on her).

I'd like to keep questioning her for a bit longer, as asking her probing questions while I have Detect Thoughts active does pay off: even if she refuses to answer, she's having trouble not thinking about the answers (and thank you, Togo, for the last spoilered post; 'twas very funny ). We should try to get more information about Kalinor, his allies and his interests, if she knows anything. But you're right this will probably wrap up soon.
    Last edited by Ifni; 2011-09-20 at 01:15 AM.
    PCs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Word:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #466

Sthrer is becoming genuinely fond of her.
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    There were other programs that were deleted, but they either go quietly or spend the rest of their existence sitting around babbling about causality. Smith's different. He gets deleted and he's like "Hell no, I'm staying. And I'll steal your kernel privileges and spam copies of myself onto every last thing on the hard disk. How d'you like that?"

17. - Top - End - #467
    Ettin in the Playground

The hotel idea, though imperfect (Caspar can probably scry, send an agent and dispel the Dominate), seems pretty agreeable to the more peaceful Rhion.

And I wouldn't worry about using Dominate. The previous incident was a very special case, or so I think.
    PbP Game Statistics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Updated 19.07.13)

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Cespenar View Post
    The hotel idea, though imperfect (Caspar can probably scry, send an agent and dispel the Dominate), seems pretty agreeable to the more peaceful Rhion.

And I wouldn't worry about using Dominate. The previous incident was a very special case, or so I think.
    Note that scrying into, or out of, Sigil, is supposed to be impossible. Of course someone could enter Sigil, and then scry.

For the avoidance of doubt, the previous incident involved lawful neutral fanatics with special class features that came into play, that are similar to that of a paladin, only more restrictive.

---------------

On a more general note.... Up until now I've been pretty much railroading you to act as a group. Several characters wanted the chance to pursue their own agenda within Sigil. The problem is that that generally involves solo scenes, which may or may not be connected to the main plot, may or may not be resolvable quickly, and may leave those without their own agenda twiddling their thumbs. In short, once we split the party, we may struggle to get it back together again.

Now from my point of view I'm happy to simply focus on my plot, which is of course the only thing worth doing. So I could contrive to keep the characters together for the next few scenes, which keeps the game moving faster.

However, that may frustrate people who want to develop their character's interests in other directions. Given that there's an opportunity coming up for people to get some 'free time', the question is how do you want to play it? Do we keep the group together? Let people split up but handle what they do off camera? Play out the scenes of what people are doing and just try and keep it short enough that the game doesn't fall apart? Something else? What do people think?

19. - Top - End - #469
    Titan in the Playground

Currently climbing out of a heckofa two weeks at work/RL. Now working to catch up. Thanks for your patience.

Peridot avatar (complete with demon consorts) courtesy of the very talented Telasi.

Despair favours the status quo. It is a luxury we cannot afford. ~ Andrew Nikiforuk

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Toliudar View Post
    That credo is primarily for dungeons, lairs, and other high-threat areas, though.

I'd suggest the off-camera route, by the way.
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2011-09-20 at 11:12 AM.
    PbP Game Statistics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Updated 19.07.13)

21. - Top - End - #471

Beholder

off-camera or let the players have a one-off long post to explain what they were doing during downtime.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ettin in the Playground

I'd vote for off-camera, optionally summarized in a single downtime post written by the player, and with the option to PM Togo for things that might require GM adjudication, if Togo's okay with that. I like solo character-development vignettes, but I like ongoing plots and games that keep progressing much more
    PCs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Word:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

I think this group is quite big and that this campaign is at times very confusing (in a good way, but I have played through simpler stories ). I am happy with the railroading, honestly, and would prefer focusing on the main plot.

24. - Top - End - #474

One-off posts sound good, yeah.
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Ok, I'm now back home. I'm horribly jet-lagged, but I'm back.

Based on feedback, you might want to give some thought to what your character would do with some free time in Sigil, and we can handle it off-camera, either on this thread, or in PM if you want to keep it a secret.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togo View Post
    Ok, I'm now back home. I'm horribly jet-lagged, but I'm back.

Based on feedback, you might want to give some thought to what your character would do with some free time in Sigil, and we can handle it off-camera, either on this thread, or in PM if you want to keep it a secret.
    Good luck with the jet-lag . Just a FYI for your administration, Derk does not plan to do anything special right now. He is having problems making sense of what he ended up in as is. He would of course, offer to join Godot for example, as a bodyguard. He wouldn't like seeing the little lady wander off on her own here: this place tends to bite your head off (based on the recent experiences).

27. - Top - End - #477
    Titan in the Playground

Godot is suitably touched by Derk's affection, and reciprocates.

In Sigil, Godot would seek to make contact with the Sensates, and find out how to join up.
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2011-09-26 at 12:18 AM.

28. - Top - End - #478

Beholder

Xiulcoatl, as Androse, would look for a variety of magic items - a pectoral of maneuverability, for example, as well as various wands to improve his human form's combat abilities as well as to enhance his flexibility on the battlefield.

He will also scout out decent locations for an orphanage.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ettin in the Playground

Given free time, Umbriel would like to go find other Illumians, and learn a bit about how they organize themselves in Sigil (i.e. are there cabals already in place, or is Illumian society here quite different to what she's used to). She would start by going back to the area where we first entered Sigil, and seeing if the boy who was manning the beer wagon is there on a regular basis. (If he's not, she'd scry for him - Umbriel is terrible at respecting other people's privacy )

Minor jobs:
    -Visit the markets and shop for a Rod of Bodily Restoration.
    -Ask around to see if there are any wizards' guilds/organizations that offer spell libraries and/or crafting facilities to members. If so, she'd investigate membership options.
    -Ask around for independent wizards who might be interested in trading spells.

She wants to talk to Kalinor's wizards, as well (since Uzark in particular said he wanted to talk with her), but I guess we'll do that IC?

Oh, a question, can we get XP awards for the fights so far at some point? Umbriel is nowhere near leveling due to crafting most of her starting gear, but some of the other PCs are probably a lot closer Also, if anyone has crafting requests, let me know
    PCs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Word:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ettin in the Playground

Rhion pretty much came to Sigil for sight-seeing, so I guess he would wander around the city, visit most of the factions, starting with the Godsmen, and more or less act like a tourist.

More importantly, his "primary reasons" for coming to Sigil are all actually secondary reasons anyway. Above all, he'd like to help others, so if anyone needs some aid for their own issues, Rhion would come with no questions asked.
    PbP Game Statistics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Updated 19.07.13)