Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Togo's Planar Adventure set partly in Sigil (OOC)

I'm still here.

I think my character was injured?
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    There were other programs that were deleted, but they either go quietly or spend the rest of their existence sitting around babbling about causality. Smith's different. He gets deleted and he's like "Hell no, I'm staying. And I'll steal your kernel privileges and spam copies of myself onto every last thing on the hard disk. How d'you like that?"
    Degeneration 91
    Our Great Imperator GuesssWho, in her Overly Sibilant Might . . . (Wow. I did not know I was that cool.)

2. - Top - End - #782
    Ettin in the Playground

Togo, question about the bones from Umbriel's search check (not spoilering because she's about to tell the group IC): when you say "small bones", do you mean like bird-sized bones, or like child-sized bones?
    PCs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Word:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    I must not argue on the Internet.
    Internet argument is the mind-killer.
    It is the little death that brings total aggravation.
    I will face my annoyance.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    When it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path.
    Where the irritation has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

3. - Top - End - #783
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

I mean small peices of adult human-sized bones, although the bones in the jar marked 'Wuffy' are notably smaller, and come from an animal of some kind.

Please note also that I have added a bit more information to the results of your search spell, since I was being a bit stingey before, considering what the spell is supposed to do.

4. - Top - End - #784

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Toliudar View Post
    And my bow.
    And my wings.

I think I'm dying of a cold, so I really don't want to post until either after death or until I can form a coherent thought.
    Last edited by Obrysii; 2012-05-05 at 08:04 AM.
    Pointing out hypocrisy is not disrespect.

RIP Tasha, April 1986 to November 25th, 2008. 22 years and 7 months of being the best kitty ever. You will be missed forever.

RIP Finney Jr., June 1998 to March 18, 2011. Nearly 13 years of being the best goldfish ever. You, as with Tasha, will be missed forever.

5. - Top - End - #785

Beholder

Back from the land of the dead.

What happened with insane_winged_man?

RIP Tasha, April 1986 to November 25th, 2008. 22 years and 7 months of being the best kitty ever. You will be missed forever.

RIP Finney Jr., June 1998 to March 18, 2011. Nearly 13 years of being the best goldfish ever. You, as with Tasha, will be missed forever.

6. - Top - End - #786
    Titan in the Playground

I, um, pretended that you agreed to what I'd said, and knocked him unconscious. Please feel free to ret-con as desired, I'd say.
    Currently climbing out of a heckofa two weeks at work/RL. Now working to catch up. Thanks for your patience.

Peridot avatar (complete with demon consorts) courtesy of the very talented Telasi.

Despair favours the status quo. It is a luxury we cannot afford. ~ Andrew Nikiforuk

7. - Top - End - #787

I think I will need a heal spell at some point, let me see.

ETA: No injuries from the last battle, but I remember her getting hurt at some point . . .
    Last edited by GuesssWho; 2012-05-08 at 11:15 PM.
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    There were other programs that were deleted, but they either go quietly or spend the rest of their existence sitting around babbling about causality. Smith's different. He gets deleted and he's like "Hell no, I'm staying. And I'll steal your kernel privileges and spam copies of myself onto every last thing on the hard disk. How d'you like that?"
    Degeneration 91
    Our Great Imperator GuesssWho, in her Overly Sibilant Might . . . (Wow. I did not know I was that cool.)

8. - Top - End - #788
    Troll in the Playground

It looks like Derk is trying to seriously take the reins there. Feel free to oppose and, if needed, belittle him, though . He is a paladin after all, arrogant figures that feel they are in charge and the most easy subjects to make fun off .

I just think that battle commander is one of the aspects I should play out a bit (in addition to meatshield and moralist). If it works out, fine. If not, I am more than happy to play 'the leader noone pays attention to'. That is actually the role most paladins I have dm-ed ended up in .

Spoiler
    Show
    Edit: and whoo, I am a bugbear as of this post .
    Last edited by Autopsibiofeeder; 2012-05-09 at 04:50 PM.

9. - Top - End - #789

Beholder

Sorry for my lacking posts. Between my cold and life I've been kind of dealt a one-two punch the last week and a half.

Until I'm caught up on the posts, feel free to auto-pilot Xiulcoatl, using his usual paladin-esque mindset.

10. - Top - End - #790
    Troll in the Playground

@Togo...and others for that matter.

I was just looking into finding a suitable 7th level spell for Derk, in case we level up. I am not a big fan of high level magic, so I am having some issues. Anywho, I'd like to know about how you read certain spells, to make my decision easier.

-First of all, my back-up spells right now are limited wish, so I can perform 'random miracles' and play out my 'sorcerer that pretends to be divine'-side and synostodweomer (SC 218) just in case we end up losing Simon. Haven't heard in a while from him and we do need someone that can heal. Fits the paladin role as well. A very expensive option, though. Godot or Xiulcoatl with a wand might do better.

-Bite of the werebear. I must admit, as a dm I am not a big fan of it. Also, I would rename it Bite of Bahamut and ask for a different display: instead of changing into a furry ball of muscle I would prefer to change into a horned, scaly type of behemoth. Bite claws, strength, power attack, blind fight, natural armor...I think in that respect that it fits the dragon theme just fine. I believe I can 'drag' you with me this far, actually, and that's not where actual my question is.
    The thing is: I would like to just continue using my weapon, even though I have claws (I already have claws as is, by the way), and ignore my bite. I would use it purely for the offensive (str, power attack, blind fight) buff. Is that possible by your reading of the spell and, perhaps more importantly, would you mind? My defensive side is allready through a roof or two and this could lift my offense through some as well. I am getting this feeling player-self-moderation might be in order here. If you feel similarly, please let me know.

-Aspect of the platinum dragon, Dragon Magic p64. What reading of Polymorph are we using (i.e. what happens when you polymorph...the PH, Dragon magic and for example Rich Burlew's interpretations kind of differ).

-Another alternative is taking Unicorn heart (CM 121), granting me a base speed of 60ft (more mobility!), a +4 on Str, Dex and Con based checks (1 hr per level) and I can expend it for a swift action Dimension door and swapping Break enchantment, which is very situational, for Unicorn blood (CM, 121, 10 min/level). The latter spell gives me immunity to charms, compulsions and poison and when both spells are active I emanate a Magic circle against evil. A lot of little boosts combined that may actually add up to be worth while.

As is, I am still not sure what spell I prefer, but I would like to keep exploiting and emphasizing the dragon and divine/protector side of my sorcerer. If you have a good suggestion, I am happy to hear.

11. - Top - End - #791

I would also like to know what effects are currently on my character.

ETA: By the way, when do we get XP next?
    Last edited by GuesssWho; 2012-05-10 at 02:39 AM.
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Degeneration 91

12. - Top - End - #792
    Troll in the Playground

So, I am actually about to barge in there. However, while Obrysii has indicated the DM can stand in for our dragon friend, there hasn't been word from Simon and Umbriel for a bit. Will you stand in for them, if needed, Togo? Because I'd hate to die due to a lack of arcane power (of course we have Godot and Sthrer, but Umbriel brings a whole different kind of card to the table), healing and knowledge.

Also, Togo, I can barge through that window with my adamantine 4d6+13 bludgeoning weapon, right? Or will I crack one board and leave some others untouched? If it looks like that I will have to ask Godot to port us in.

13. - Top - End - #793
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

The window's got a layer of thin boards, glass and thin shutters.

Call it hardness 3 and about 15 hp? So you can break through, but doing it in one blow would be difficult unless you had a something that could do a lot of damage - like a high level character with an adamantine weapon.

Getting through the window will take a move action to climb through. If someone were to try and block the window, you'd need some kind of overrun or similar to get through. Noone is blocking it at the moment.

Remember that a surprise round is only a standard action or a move action, so you may want one person smashing and a different person then climbing through.

I'm happy to make some of Umbriel's knowledge available if we really can't reach her. I'm less comfortable trying to play her character for her. She did say that she was busy but that she was still trying to follow things, so she may crop up if needed. Simon I've not heard from in a long while.

14. - Top - End - #794

Um, answers please?
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Degeneration 91

15. - Top - End - #795
    Titan in the Playground

I suspect that XP won't be forthcoming until (at the earliest) we get through this particular rescue attempt.
    Currently climbing out of a heckofa two weeks at work/RL. Now working to catch up. Thanks for your patience.

Peridot avatar (complete with demon consorts) courtesy of the very talented Telasi.

Despair favours the status quo. It is a luxury we cannot afford. ~ Andrew Nikiforuk

16. - Top - End - #796

KK.

By the way, I used an animal maker game to create Sthrer's amorphous form. It's not exact or anything, but . . .

Spoiler
    Show
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Degeneration 91

17. - Top - End - #797
    Titan in the Playground

Wow. That's one character who's never buying off the rack.

18. - Top - End - #798

Hey, the amorphous form is supposed to be so weird and scary people have trouble attacking it. A blob with tentacles is normal by D&D standards. That isn't.

ETA: Since no one seems to object, Sthrer will be that for this battle. Oh, and by the way--does anyone else have skill points in Heal? Just to stablize the victim until magic healing can happen, or if he's been spelled against it.
    Last edited by GuesssWho; 2012-05-11 at 08:25 PM.
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Degeneration 91

19. - Top - End - #799
    Ettin in the Playground

Back! And again, sorry. The last week was meant to be more free (traveling Monday and Tuesday, but getting home Wednesday), but then a certain institution decided at the last minute that they might be able to make me a job offer after all, if I'd just come visit for a few days... as a consequence of which I've gotten 20 hours of sleep in the last four nights, and spent 13 hours in interviews and given two professional talks over the last two days. On the upside, potential faculty job offer!

I should now be home for nearly a whole month (yay!) Then there's more travel, but mostly staying in one place for long periods, so should be able to post more than the recent craziness.

Unfortunately it's getting light outside and I'm completely exhausted, but I will have an IC post up tomorrow (Saturday).
    PCs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Word:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    I must not argue on the Internet.
    Internet argument is the mind-killer.
    It is the little death that brings total aggravation.
    I will face my annoyance.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    When it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path.
    Where the irritation has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

20. - Top - End - #800

Yay. :D Good to hear.
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Degeneration 91

21. - Top - End - #801
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Sthrer: Yes, you're right, you took 53 points of damage in that last fight, just before the resist fire went up.

You also have up the following buffs from Umbriel:
    -Greater Magic Weapon (all manufactured weapons + monk unarmed strike are +5, up to a cap of 20 over the whole party)
    -Resist Energy - Fire (everyone has fire resistance 30 if it wasn't already better)

22. - Top - End - #802
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Umbriel:

Yay! Welcome back.

Everyone:

XP - I was planning to give out xp when a natural stopping point came along. I figure that there will be one along within two or three scenes, and at that point you may be going up a level. However, I don't actually know what you guys are going to do, so that's a prediction rather than a guarentee.

Travelling - I live in centralish London (Hammersmith) and have a spare room, if people are wandering past in real life. I mention because accomodation around here is going to be a nightmare until the Olympics are finished.

Autopsibiofeeder:

I banned the bite of the line of spells during character creation, as I do in most games. I'm happy to listen to counterarguements.

The others sound fine to me - I'll go look them up. The Aspect of line of spells are generally spelled out fairly specifically so I'm not sure which area the ambiguity lies in (I don't doubt there is some). I don't have the book in question, so I can't see the specific spell. What do you see as the potential issue?

Sthrer:

Looks like something out of a medieval bestiary or illuminated manuscript. I usually think of the pseudonatural as being more greyish and tentacular, but you're right - a blob with tentacles isn't that unusual in this game, so you need to go weirder. I think you're managed that.

23. - Top - End - #803
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togo View Post
    Autopsibiofeeder:

I banned the bite of the line of spells during character creation, as I do in most games. I'm happy to listen to counterarguements.
    I indicated myself in the first post that I am not a fan of it as DM. Since you are not either, we go and bury it somewhere and never mention it again. It just popped up because I was looking for spells that would fit the character theme and/or focus and this was one of the very few 7th level spells that I found.

The others sound fine to me - I'll go look them up. The Aspect of line of spells are generally spelled out fairly specifically so I'm not sure which area the ambiguity lies in (I don't doubt there is some). I don't have the book in question, so I can't see the specific spell. What do you see as the potential issue?
    I see. This is not a typical aspect spell in that it gives you a funny glow and DR and energy resistance, but this is an actual polymorph spell. Aspect of the platinum dragon turns you into an Aspect of Bahamut, which is an actual monster in Dragon Magic (it also appears in Races of the Dragon, but there's a note that the Dragon magic version supersedes the other, so I guess they changed something).

So, the ambiguity lies with Polymorph. PHB and SRD version gives you (in short) gross physical qualities, Str/Dex/Con and (Ex) attacks. However, the PHBII and Dragon Magic (and I guess some other books as well) introduce the polymorph subschool of spells and a new rule on how polymorph works. In this rule you pretty much lose everything you have except your HD (for the purpose of spells etc) and your hp and replace your sheet with the monster stat block. You lose your class abilities, but you gain all (Su) and (Ex) abilities of the monster as well as its feats. Then there's of course Rich Burlew's variant that can be found on this forum and about a million houserule and homebrew variants of polymorph.

So, I was wondering: what happens when I turn into an Aspect of Bahamut / how does polymorph work?

24. - Top - End - #804

Someone mentioned a +6 to all from Song of Creation and something else. Define 'all' :D
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Degeneration 91

25. - Top - End - #805
    Titan in the Playground

That was Godot. Inspire Courage, souped up a bit, gives all members of the group a +6 morale bonus to attack rolls, damage when you've made an attack roll, and will saves vs fear.

26. - Top - End - #806
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

The inspire courage bardsong gives a bonus to hit, to weapon damage (not spells), and to saves versus fear effects. So it would boost the to hit and damage of bows, and melee attacks, but not magic missle. Song of Creation is a feat that makes it more powerful. It only lasts for five rounds after the bard stops singing, so it will have worn off by now

edit - ninja - oh well.
    Last edited by Togo; 2012-05-12 at 08:22 PM.

27. - Top - End - #807
    Titan in the Playground

The first application in the fight would indeed have worn off. Godot just started up again.

28. - Top - End - #808
    Ettin in the Playground

Wasn't your inspire courage at +8? Or was that a x/day boost thingy?

Obviously, this worries me, as the biggest user of the said bonus.
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2012-05-13 at 12:51 AM.
    PbP Game Statistics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Updated 19.07.13)
    Games Joined: 53
    Games Dead: 50
    Games Successfully Finished: 0
    Partially Finished/TPK'd: 1

29. - Top - End - #809

So my weapons have another +11 and my natural weapons another +6?
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Degeneration 91

30. - Top - End - #810
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cespenar View Post
    Wasn't your inspire courage at +8? Or was that a x/day boost thingy?

Obviously, this worries me, as the biggest user of the said bonus.
    My previous inspire courage was at +8, but I didn't use Inspirational Boost for this one.