Page 32 of 52 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: Togo's Planar Adventure set partly in Sigil (OOC)

You may now all act again. There are no obvious opponents with the exception of the man Godot dominated.

(Sorry for the uneven pace - my company got a takeover bid announced on friday, so things have been a bit weird.)

2. - Top - End - #932
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sthrer was bad enough off that she pretty much just hid.

Will save: (1d20+10)[13]
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    If you understood the above, click here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    There were other programs that were deleted, but they either go quietly or spend the rest of their existence sitting around babbling about causality. Smith's different. He gets deleted and he's like "Hell no, I'm staying. And I'll steal your kernel privileges and spam copies of myself onto every last thing on the hard disk. How d'you like that?"
    Degeneration 91 Subtract one and add to your signature.

3. - Top - End - #933
    Ettin in the Playground

Will save for Umbriel: (1d20+21)[27] (adding +1 morale from Heroes' Feast)

Do not expect Umbriel to do that again today (well, I can in an emergency, but it's unlikely). She really didn't like these particular undead
    PCs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Word:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    I must not argue on the Internet.
    Internet argument is the mind-killer.
    It is the little death that brings total aggravation.
    I will face my annoyance.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    When it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path.
    Where the irritation has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

4. - Top - End - #934
    Troll in the Playground

Sorry, as I said in the IC thread, I am having visitors and completely missed the moment combat began to roll again. I am curious what was happening to Derk. Possibly this affects my last IC post, but we'll solve that.

I am also curious to learn who was hurt most in the combat? Xiulcoatl?

Quote Originally Posted by Ifni View Post
    Will save for Umbriel: [roll0] (adding +1 morale from Heroes' Feast)

Do not expect Umbriel to do that again today (well, I can in an emergency, but it's unlikely). She really didn't like these particular undead
    . I am just waiting for the moment you, with your awesome attack bonus, put the 'dull gray ray' somewhere in Derk's back . Everybody allways screams a 1st level archer should have precise shot, I advocate for a precise shot prerequisite for wizards before they get a disintegrate license .

5. - Top - End - #935
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Derk

Can you tell me what spells you have active on you at this time, including temporary magical effects?

6. - Top - End - #936
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

On a more general note, what's the situation regarding healing? I suspect people were relying on Simon to do most of it but he no longer appears to be with us.

7. - Top - End - #937
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togo View Post
    On a more general note, what's the situation regarding healing? I suspect people were relying on Simon to do most of it but he no longer appears to be with us.
    Yes, that was one of the things I was trying to adress while looking for a new spell. Nobody is a really good healer, but Derk, Xiulcoatl, Godot and Rhion can handle wands of curing/healing pretty well. Right now we are kind of screwed. Derk can lay on hands for an abysmal 12 points and maybe Rhion has something low level prepared (but we all know how he tends to forget that he can even cast spells ).

8. - Top - End - #938
    Troll in the Playground

Derk

Can you tell me what spells you have active on you at this time, including temporary magical effects?
    Yes. There's the two devotions (air and sun), not sure whether they qualify.

There's Greater mighty wallop (Derk), Spiderskin (Umbriel), Greater magic weapon (bow and melee, Umbriel), Shield (Derk), Flight of the dragon (Derk), Haste (Umbriel's familiar) and Heroes' feast (Godot, Horn of Plenty). I think that covers it all.

Do my magic items also count?

9. - Top - End - #939
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Autopsibiofeeder View Post
    Yes. There's the two devotions (air and sun), not sure whether they qualify.

There's Greater mighty wallop (Derk), Spiderskin (Umbriel), Greater magic weapon (bow and melee, Umbriel), Shield (Derk), Flight of the dragon (Derk), Haste (Umbriel's familiar) and Heroes' feast (Godot, Horn of Plenty). I think that covers it all.

Do my magic items also count?
    You also have Message and Mass Resist Energy (Fire) from Umbriel at CL 19. For reference, the Haste is also CL 19. The Spiderskin and GMWs are CL 20.

Can Umbriel roll any kind of check to see what's happening to Derk? Spellcraft if relevant: (1d20+32)[39]

-------------------

Re healing - in emergencies I can fire Rejuvenating Cocoon with Limited Wish. However, this costs XP, so it's not something I can or want to do often. If I learned Summon Monster VII, I could use that to bring in an avoral (which has a hefty Lay on Hands ability), but Umbriel isn't really a focused summoner, so it'd be a 1-round casting and a top-tier slot.

In the absence of a healer, I can focus my spell selection more on damage mitigation for the group as a whole - I've seen this work very successfully, but more so in games where you had two or three people doing it. And it's a bit chancy.

We should definitely pick up wands of Lesser Vigor for out-of-combat healing. Other items that might help... I see Godot has Inspire Greatness, so if we could get a Horn of Resilience from MIC, that would allow adding a big extra chunk of temporary HP. Are there other items that would be handy?

Oh, and Derk, for the record, the only reason Umbriel didn't shuttle you in for a full attack was that you'd already acted this turn (killing the undead next to you) It seemed more sensible to wait until the next round and only move you in when you could immediately launch an attack.
    PCs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Word:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #940
    Ettin in the Playground

. I am just waiting for the moment you, with your awesome attack bonus, put the 'dull gray ray' somewhere in Derk's back . Everybody allways screams a 1st level archer should have precise shot, I advocate for a precise shot prerequisite for wizards before they get a disintegrate license .
    Hey, there's only a miss chance when I actually shoot into grapples, and I'm not planning to shoot Disintegrates into grapples For firing into melee I just take a penalty for aiming carefully.

I will say, Godot's bardsong makes ray spells a lot more fun
    PCs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Word:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #941
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, and Derk, for the record, the only reason Umbriel didn't shuttle you in for a full attack was that you'd already acted this turn (killing the undead next to you) It seemed more sensible to wait until the next round and only move you in when you could immediately launch an attack.
    Yes, it is all fine. No hard feelings here, but to Derk it is, say, a matter of pride. Smashing undead to bits is kind of his job, so he will grasp every opportunity to point out he really wants to do so and that he has no fear of whatever they might do to him .

As for the healing, I guess wands of Vigor of sorts would do it, and maybe some staff-like thing that produces other restoring effects (removing all kinds of statuses)?

An other option is, and I am (like a true paladin) willing to make a sacrifice here, Togo ruling that Derk, through his draconic heritage, can select Cleric spells as a sorcerer and then get relentlessly targeted by an agressive Psychic reformation. No, no....I would bite that bullet for you, guys....really!

*whistles innocently*

12. - Top - End - #942
    Troll in the Playground

Hey, there's only a miss chance when I actually shoot into grapples, and I'm not planning to shoot Disintegrates into grapples For firing into melee I just take a penalty for aiming carefully.

I will say, Godot's bardsong makes ray spells a lot more fun
    Godot's songs make everything more fun. The first rule in the code of conduct of paladins reads: Take care of the bard!

Also, I completely trust Umbriel to be careful and sensible, but I imagine it is really different when you are on the other side of the ray. Seeing an annihilation ray shoot over your shoulder twice in a minute kind of makes you rethink your youth sins .

13. - Top - End - #943
    Ettin in the Playground

Godot's songs make everything more fun. The first rule in the code of conduct of paladins reads: Take care of the bard!

Also, I completely trust Umbriel to be careful and sensible, but I imagine it is really different when you are on the other side of the ray. Seeing an annihilation ray shoot over your shoulder twice in a minute kind of makes you rethink your youth sins .
    Awww, Derk had youthful sins?

And yes. "I'm about to open a tear in the fabric of reality just over your left shoulder, don't turn around too... ouch."

Also, Umbriel as slinger of death rays is a little uncharacteristic for her, but she didn't like these undead! ... hmmmph.

PCs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Word:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #944
    Titan in the Playground

Glad to hear it!

Godot's got a wand for cure light wounds, and can start on Sthrer while Derk takes care of our dragon. How badly is she hurt?
    Currently climbing out of a heckofa two weeks at work/RL. Now working to catch up. Thanks for your patience.

Peridot avatar (complete with demon consorts) courtesy of the very talented Telasi.

Despair favours the status quo. It is a luxury we cannot afford. ~ Andrew Nikiforuk

15. - Top - End - #945
    Ettin in the Playground

Yes, that was one of the things I was trying to adress while looking for a new spell. Nobody is a really good healer, but Derk, Xiulcoatl, Godot and Rhion can handle wands of curing/healing pretty well. Right now we are kind of screwed. Derk can lay on hands for an abysmal 12 points and maybe Rhion has something low level prepared (but we all know how he tends to forget that he can even cast spells ).

Actually, Rhion did have a wand of CLW, but I remember giving it to one of you guys and gals back some months ago, for some reason or another. We can get some healing from that as well, if it ever comes back.

How is that for memory?
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2012-06-03 at 04:52 AM.
    PbP Game Statistics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Updated 19.07.13)
    Games Joined: 53
    Games Dead: 50
    Games Successfully Finished: 0
    Partially Finished/TPK'd: 1

16. - Top - End - #946
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Pretty impressive memory there.

Derk, to be clear, that's 40 damage, since you made your save.

17. - Top - End - #947
    Troll in the Playground

Pretty impressive memory there.

Derk, to be clear, that's 40 damage, since you made your save.
    Arrrr, 40 dame taken!

Now, let your monster snake be an undead with no funny tricks or stupidly high AC. If so, 219 damage worth of undead slaying was delivered .

18. - Top - End - #948

Beholder

Yeah, I'm wondering if Xiulcoatl, who still has most of his gold, should go make a Wand run.

He took a lot of damage anyway - thanks to Derk he's just a touch higher than 50%.

D'oh, looking through the posts it seems I picked up several wands.

A Wand of Cure Moderate Wounds, a Wand of Mirror Image, and a Wand of Darkness.

I shall edit my post, but Xiulcoatl expends four charges of his wand, two on himself and two on the next most-hurt person.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cure Moderate Wounds:
    [roll]2d8+3[/roll]
    [roll]2d8+3[/roll]
    [roll]2d8+3[/roll]
    [roll]2d8+3[/roll].

And once again my roll [ ] screws up - could anyone roll for me?
    Last edited by Obrysii; 2012-06-04 at 07:06 AM.
    Pointing out hypocrisy is not disrespect.

RIP Tasha, April 1986 to November 25th, 2008. 22 years and 7 months of being the best kitty ever. You will be missed forever.

RIP Finney Jr., June 1998 to March 18, 2011. Nearly 13 years of being the best goldfish ever. You, as with Tasha, will be missed forever.

19. - Top - End - #949
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Obrysii View Post
    D'oh, looking through the posts it seems I picked up several wands.

A Wand of Cure Moderate Wounds, a Wand of Mirror Image, and a Wand of Darkness.
    Hmm. Now that you urge me to check the posts myself, I see that in posts #350 to 353 Rhion gave Xiulcoatl a wand of CLW. I don't know if that's the Moderate one you're referring to, but never mind.

And once again my roll [ ] screws up - could anyone roll for me?
    You probably previewed the post. Previewing posts with spoilered rolls in it messes up with the rolls somehow. Here.

Spoiler
    Show
    (2d8+3)[16]
    (2d8+3)[10]
    (2d8+3)[7]
    (2d8+3)[13]
    PbP Game Statistics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Updated 19.07.13)

20. - Top - End - #950

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Cespenar View Post
    Hmm. Now that you urge me to check the posts myself, I see that in posts #350 to 353 Rhion gave Xiulcoatl a wand of CLW. I don't know if that's the Moderate one you're referring to, but never mind.
    Thank you for the rolls.

He bought three wands while he was out on his own. So that plus the Wand of Cure Light Wounds and now he's a low-level healing battery.

RIP Tasha, April 1986 to November 25th, 2008. 22 years and 7 months of being the best kitty ever. You will be missed forever.

RIP Finney Jr., June 1998 to March 18, 2011. Nearly 13 years of being the best goldfish ever. You, as with Tasha, will be missed forever.

21. - Top - End - #951
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Ok, this map just isn't working. I'll try excel...

Done. Is that better for people?

I think my inexperience with running games on-line is showing. There has to be a better way of doing this...
    Last edited by Togo; 2012-06-05 at 11:15 AM.

22. - Top - End - #952
    Titan in the Playground

The maps seem like a completely workable solution - thanks!

And the legend, as with the rest of Monocle Man, is hilarious.
    Currently climbing out of a heckofa two weeks at work/RL. Now working to catch up. Thanks for your patience.

Peridot avatar (complete with demon consorts) courtesy of the very talented Telasi.

Despair favours the status quo. It is a luxury we cannot afford. ~ Andrew Nikiforuk

23. - Top - End - #953
    Ettin in the Playground

Thank you for the rolls.

He bought three wands while he was out on his own. So that plus the Wand of Cure Light Wounds and now he's a low-level healing battery.
    No prob.

I made Rhion ask it back, though, since it's better if more people had access to healing.
    PbP Game Statistics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Updated 19.07.13)

24. - Top - End - #954
    Troll in the Playground

Just posting to indicate that Derk's resources comment is fairly serious, but also to list my spells per day as it looks now (for future reference). Are there other that can take 2 more battles, but not (much) more?

Level_cast/per day

0_0/5
    1_2/7
    2_0/12
    3_2/6
    4_4/6
    5_1/6
    6_2/4

25. - Top - End - #955
    Ettin in the Playground

Rhion can probably take a battle or three, but that would depend on Derk's (and the others') conditions, of course.

We may need to play it more thoughtfully if we're to go through this place in one go. Heavy divination on Umbriel's part, or Rhion can scout in a mouse form - one way or another, we need to identify the further threats in the building, and plan our moves accordingly.

By the way, I'm loving your writing Togo.
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2012-06-05 at 06:03 PM.
    PbP Game Statistics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Updated 19.07.13)

26. - Top - End - #956
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cespenar View Post
    ...One way or another, we need to identify the further threats in the building, and plan our moves accordingly.
    Aye, that was my point .

By the way, I'm loving your writing Togo.
    Yes.

Edit: and haha, Cespenar...thanks for tapping me for a minute with that wand. We suck, we need to solve this healing issue .
    Last edited by Autopsibiofeeder; 2012-06-05 at 06:43 PM.

27. - Top - End - #957
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Wands of lesser vigour would be much more efficient...

28. - Top - End - #958
    Titan in the Playground

I think we've got to keep moving into this complex now. If we back off, there's very little to prevent them from following us back, or packing up and moving away from Sigil. Bards don't have many spell slots to begin with, but I'll try to be cautious with the use of Godot's magic.

And yes, Lesser Vigor would be more efficient than Cure spells. But if we can get through this, we might get enough reward from whatsis the mirror man (sorry, I know I should be tracking names better) to cover off more investment in this.

29. - Top - End - #959
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, Lesser Vigor would be more efficient; we should go shopping after this.

Umbriel is okay for spells, except for being short on Beguiler L3-4 spells (out of L4s, one L3 left), due to out-of-combat shenanigans. I've still got most of my item charges, haven't tapped my top-tier spells, and I've got open slots and Alacritous Cogitation. Buff-wise, I have two more Hastes, can still do Mass Fireshield + Mass Fly + Freedom of Movement, I still have plenty of Beguiler L2s left for Glitterdust etc, have Blood Wind / Benign Transposition / Nerveskitter etc available, Greater D-Door for dimensional travel and a couple of Evard's Black Tentacles shots for lockdown. Just don't expect me to zap undead for 40d6 damage again

And yes, I agree we should move on through this complex.
    PCs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Word:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #960

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Toliudar View Post
    And yes, Lesser Vigor would be more efficient than Cure spells. But if we can get through this, we might get enough reward from whatsis the mirror man (sorry, I know I should be tracking names better) to cover off more investment in this.
    Yeah, Xiulcoatl still has a large portion of his gold from starting wealth, plus any reward from this, and he's going to have so many wands of things he'll basically have wand-armor!