Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1509
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Togo's Planar Adventure set partly in Sigil (OOC)

Fort - (1d20+21)[28] Ten characters.
    PbP Game Statistics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Updated 19.07.13)
    Games Joined: 53
    Games Dead: 50
    Games Successfully Finished: 0
    Partially Finished/TPK'd: 1

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

I hate to do this, but it's been a long-time coming.

Personal circumstances have become significant in my life. I do not have the time or the brain-power to post. It isn't fair to you guys to have my character quasi-here.

I'm out of my element, and it's time I pull back. It's been a great experience to see true masters of the RP art - a truly amazing DM, and amazing players. But I need to withdraw.

Thank you, and good luck with the game.
    Pointing out hypocrisy is not disrespect.

RIP Tasha, April 1986 to November 25th, 2008. 22 years and 7 months of being the best kitty ever. You will be missed forever.

RIP Finney Jr., June 1998 to March 18, 2011. Nearly 13 years of being the best goldfish ever. You, as with Tasha, will be missed forever.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry to hear that things are tough, but good on you for focusing on RL when you've got to. I'll hope to see you on the boards again in the future, Obrysii!
    Currently climbing out of a heckofa two weeks at work/RL. Now working to catch up. Thanks for your patience.

Peridot avatar (complete with demon consorts) courtesy of the very talented Telasi.

Despair favours the status quo. It is a luxury we cannot afford. ~ Andrew Nikiforuk

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Ogre in the Playground

I am sorry to hear that Obrysii. Take care!

Togo...is Derk currently affected by the Silence?
    No PbP posting during the Easter weekend (Fri-Mon)

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Ettin in the Playground

Sorry to hear that Obrysii, and hope the personal circumstances work out.

Re IC: Godot, high five. I was considering Greater Dispel but I'd have to use a once/day ability to do it... Umbriel will be very pleased to see someone else pull it out.

Sorry for neutralizing you with Silence, but against a high-level enemy caster where we have the advantage of numbers, this is one of the better and cheaper ways I know to shut them down.
    PCs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Word:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    I must not argue on the Internet.
    Internet argument is the mind-killer.
    It is the little death that brings total aggravation.
    I will face my annoyance.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    When it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path.
    Where the irritation has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ifni View Post

Re IC: Godot, high five. I was considering Greater Dispel but I'd have to use a once/day ability to do it... Umbriel will be very pleased to see someone else pull it out.

Sorry for neutralizing you with Silence, but against a high-level enemy caster where we have the advantage of numbers, this is one of the better and cheaper ways I know to shut them down.
    It also prevents paladins from spamming cliche one-liners, so that's a double win!

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry, Derk, I'd usually shuttle you in but I don't want to lift the Silence and I don't think this is worth a Greater D-Door at this stage.[/spoiler]
    That's okay, really. I can just take a move. I actually would like to cast a spell, but then I need to know whether I am in the Silence or not.

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Titan in the Playground

Back at you on using Silence. If Godot wasn't constitutionally opposed to being forced to shut up, she'd have it in her own arsenal. Well played!
    Currently climbing out of a heckofa two weeks at work/RL. Now working to catch up. Thanks for your patience.

Peridot avatar (complete with demon consorts) courtesy of the very talented Telasi.

Despair favours the status quo. It is a luxury we cannot afford. ~ Andrew Nikiforuk

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Obrysii,

I'd say something pithy and significant at this point, but I've a fuggy head and fever. I'm sorry to see you go, and you will be missed.

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Ok. getting a little confusing here.

First off, Umbriel, where is the Silence going? Given that the room is 15' by 20' and the radius of the spell is 20', it's going to hard to avoid catching yourself and everyone else in the party in it.

Which may make it difficult for Umbriel and Godot to cast spells.

Second of all, where is Umbriel standing? Technically if she's in the doorway, Godot can't move to the doorway with a five foot step, which means she'll need to use a move action to see the Abbot.

Map is
    http://s1129.photobucket.com/albums/...view=slideshow

Note that you've been talking about giving Derk and Rhion full attacks, but they can get those anyway. I'm assuming they're roughly in K4 and I4 respectively, and that Godot started the round in G4, since that's as close as she could get in a single move last turn.

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Titan in the Playground

I'm also not sure where Sthrer is at this point. Is the bed the yellow square? Is Abbot in square I5?

Because silence is an emanation, casting it on/near the west wall would mean nothing west of the doorway would be affected.

I'm fine with Godot using a move action to get to wherever she needs to be. If you decide that anywhere that she could target the abbot is also in the area of silence, just let me know and I'll repost a different action.

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Abbot's in I6. Neither the desk nor the shrine are large enough to take up an entire square.

The bed is behind the curtain (dotted line) in L3 and L4. Sthrer is probably in J3, since she said was entering the room, but not that she was getting close to Vellia, who's still on the bed.

West wall makes perfect sense, but then only one spellcaster can shelter in the doorway.

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Titan in the Playground

Gotcha. I'll try to come up with a different action for Godot, then.

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Ettin in the Playground

Sorry to see you go, Obrysii, good luck with your affairs.
    PbP Game Statistics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Updated 19.07.13)
    Games Joined: 53
    Games Dead: 50
    Games Successfully Finished: 0
    Partially Finished/TPK'd: 1

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Ogre in the Playground

Derk is way at the end of initiative, so I am going to wait and see what Umbriel and Godot do before posting an action.

16. - Top - End - #1036

Seeya, Obry.

So, am I Silenced now? Is Vellia?
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    If you understood the above, click here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    There were other programs that were deleted, but they either go quietly or spend the rest of their existence sitting around babbling about causality. Smith's different. He gets deleted and he's like "Hell no, I'm staying. And I'll steal your kernel privileges and spam copies of myself onto every last thing on the hard disk. How d'you like that?"
    Degeneration 91 Subtract one and add to your signature.

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Almost certainly. Depends where Umbriel puts the silence. The window seat J2 might be clear of the effect.

Vellia is close enough to be in the area, but the curtains around the bed would block the emenation.

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Ettin in the Playground

Sorry, didn't have access to the map site earlier. If I was in the doorway when I cast it, I'll center it at the bottom right / SE corner of K5, which I think leaves the windowseat open but gets all the rest of the room.

For this turn's action, I wasn't sure how far he'd gone: given Rhion and Derk are within a five-foot-step, I think I'll just move back into the hall to clear the way for Godot, and let the rest of the group handle this one, in the interests of not blowing spell slots unnecessarily. Going to edit my post now.
    PCs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Word:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Ok, so that means that H3, I3, J3 and J2 are all clear of the silence, which means that Sthrer is not silenced, but the bed is, although the curtains will still block the effect. Derk and Rhion are also in silence.

Umbriel stepping back means that Godot can complete her original action, which I'll assume you're doing unless I hear from you otherwise.

In which case, Godot, can you give me a caster level check?

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Titan in the Playground

Absolutely on the CL check. For the purposes of that spell (boosted by Arcane Power), her CL is 20 - otherwise it's 18. If this is for something related to Spell Resistance, add 2 to these. Although I don't think Dispel Magic actually allows SR, so this is probably about something I don't know about. In which case, I'm just going to roll a D20 and let you pick the adjustment that fits your needs: (1d20)[6]

And yes, she's continuing with her posted action as described, if there's a place by the doorway where she can still speak.

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Sthrer and Derk to act.

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Ogre in the Playground

Am doing wedding invitations with the fiancee....gimme an hour or two .

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Ok, first off, HUGE apology. The first bit of runic malarky should have been triggered, not by Derk's 2nd attack, but by Rhion's 2nd attack. (ie much later) I don't think it actually made any difference to the fight, but for consistency's sake, I do apologise for potentially misleading people. Serves me right for trying to run complex character when I have 'flu

Secondly please stay posting one round's action at a time, until it's clear whether people are going to, e.g. viciously attack certain individuals who may or may not be succubi.

On that subject, could everyone please give me a spot check, and let me know if they have any extra senses running at the moment (blindsense, see invis, etc. just in caser. I'm asking this in advance, so feel free to post actions now without waiting for an answer.

Finally, please bear in mind that it's going to be hard to do much serious communication with that silence up, unless you all bunch up near the doorway (which you're entirely entitled to do)

But most importantly...

Cool. When's the big day? We went for a white iced chocolate and vanilla sponge cake rather than the traditional fruit thing. The guests kept trying to wish us well but it ended up more as mumbergh umble cwake good! Then again, a lot depends on the cake to guest ratio - fruit cake goes further.

An older friend of mine was incredibly secretive and embarassed about the fact that he liked playing roleplaying games, and spent much energy worrying that work or family might find out this terrible terrible secret. When he got engaged, he sat his fiancee down and solmenly told her that, actually, there was something she should know. About why he kept disappearing on odd evenings, and what was in the big cupboard he always kept locked. He.. he played D&D. There was a silence.
    "So... that's it? That's the big secret. You play these games?"
    "Well... yes."
    "Oh." She looked a bit nonplussed. Then said wistfully. "It's just I told a friend about how secretive you were about your evenings and your cupboard and all, and she bet me 50 that you were a transvestite."

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Titan in the Playground

Brilliant story!

Godot spot check: (1d20)[10]. She has Blindsense 90' active through Dragonsight, which also gives her darkvision and improved low light vision.

-

And...congratulations, Auto! Marriage was the best thing that happened to me. I wish you many years of joy.

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Toliudar View Post
    And...congratulations, Auto! Marriage was the best thing that happened to me. I wish you many years of joy.
    Thanks .

Quote Originally Posted by Togo View Post
    Cool. When's the big day? We went for a white iced chocolate and vanilla sponge cake rather than the traditional fruit thing. The guests kept trying to wish us well but it ended up more as mumbergh umble cwake good! Then again, a lot depends on the cake to guest ratio - fruit cake goes further.
    December 8th. We're doing it a bit non-traditional, so no cake (but there's going to be a huge ice cream thing in the shape of a wedding cake as dessert). We hired a renaissance castle (with 40 hotel rooms for the guests we actualy like) for 24 hours. I hope it will have snowed a little bit, as there's a huge entranceway lined with torches through a park. But, knowing The Netherlands, we will be lucky if it doesn't rain that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Togo View Post
    An older friend of mine was incredibly secretive and embarassed about the fact that he liked playing roleplaying games, and spent much energy worrying that work or family might find out this terrible terrible secret. When he got engaged, he sat his fiancee down and solmenly told her that, actually, there was something she should know. About why he kept disappearing on odd evenings, and what was in the big cupboard he always kept locked. He.. he played D&D. There was a silence.
    "So... that's it? That's the big secret. You play these games?"
    "Well... yes."
    "Oh." She looked a bit nonplussed. Then said wistfully. "It's just I told a friend about how secretive you were about your evenings and your cupboard and all, and she bet me 50 that you were a transvestite."

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Autopsibiofeeder View Post
    December 8th. We're doing it a bit non-traditional,
    Meh, we had the reception in a duck sanctuary, a bridesmaid in top hat and morning suit, and our guests each got a d6 engraved with our names and the date. You make your own traditions.

I'm allowed to be jealous of your castle though, right?

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Ogre in the Playground

Permission granted .

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Ettin in the Playground

Many (belated) congratulations, Autopsibiofeeder! Plan sounds awesome (and Togo, that is a great story)

I'm currently in Australia (conference travel + visiting family) so may be on at odd hours, but my posting has been a bit sporadic lately anyway, so I don't expect much to change.
    PCs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Word:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1049

Congrats.

So, is anyone else going to help me with the ditzubus?
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    If you understood the above, click here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    There were other programs that were deleted, but they either go quietly or spend the rest of their existence sitting around babbling about causality. Smith's different. He gets deleted and he's like "Hell no, I'm staying. And I'll steal your kernel privileges and spam copies of myself onto every last thing on the hard disk. How d'you like that?"
    Degeneration 91 Subtract one and add to your signature.

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Right, back to business...

Spoiler
    Show
    Togo's secret roll.

(1d4+1)[5]

...and back to picking on Derk.
    Last edited by Togo; 2012-06-29 at 05:52 AM.