Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1509
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Togo's Planar Adventure set partly in Sigil (OOC)

Thanks Togo.

Though the way that I see it, Rhion has no valid moves for this round. And don't think I've skipped anyone's suggestions. But they just don't cut it, sadly.

Anywho, I'll switch places with Umbriel, and wait for Godot (in the next round, I know) to telegrapple the abbot into the doorway, both damaging him via Blade Barrier and bringing him into Rhion's reach.
    PbP Game Statistics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Updated 19.07.13)
    Games Joined: 53
    Games Dead: 50
    Games Successfully Finished: 0
    Partially Finished/TPK'd: 1

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Titan in the Playground

Cespenar, are you disregarding the possibility of using Wood Shape to make a new doorway to the corridor for yourself, perhaps in H5? because with that action and a move to become adjacent to the abbot this round, you'd be setting yourself up for a finishing move on him next round.

Just a thought. Sorry, I wouldn't do this, but you did sort of call for suggestions.
    Currently climbing out of a heckofa two weeks at work/RL. Now working to catch up. Thanks for your patience.

Peridot avatar (complete with demon consorts) courtesy of the very talented Telasi.

Despair favours the status quo. It is a luxury we cannot afford. ~ Andrew Nikiforuk

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Toliudar View Post
    Cespenar, are you disregarding the possibility of using Wood Shape to make a new doorway to the corridor for yourself, perhaps in H5? because with that action and a move to become adjacent to the abbot this round, you'd be setting yourself up for a finishing move on him next round.

Just a thought. Sorry, I wouldn't do this, but you did sort of call for suggestions.
    Walls are in fact stone, but never mind, as I got Stone Shape as well. Though I'd like to remind: I don't have Natural Spell. So I would need to lose my wild shape to cast that. And then wild shape back some time in the next rounds, wasting even more time.

I did actually put some thought in this, you see.
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2012-08-05 at 04:07 PM.
    PbP Game Statistics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Updated 19.07.13)

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, I thought fast wildshape allowed you to change back and forth as a swift action, so you could do a swift action this round to become human, and a swift action next round to resume the shape of your choice. I didn't actually look it up, though, so that's my fault. As you were!
    Currently climbing out of a heckofa two weeks at work/RL. Now working to catch up. Thanks for your patience.

Peridot avatar (complete with demon consorts) courtesy of the very talented Telasi.

Despair favours the status quo. It is a luxury we cannot afford. ~ Andrew Nikiforuk

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Toliudar View Post
    Ah, I thought fast wildshape allowed you to change back and forth as a swift action, so you could do a swift action this round to become human, and a swift action next round to resume the shape of your choice. I didn't actually look it up, though, so that's my fault. As you were!
    Nah, you need another feat for that after Fast Wild Shape, called Swift Wild Shape, IIRC.
    PbP Game Statistics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Updated 19.07.13)

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Bugbear in the Playground

What does Fast Wild Shape do, then?
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    If you understood the above, click here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    There were other programs that were deleted, but they either go quietly or spend the rest of their existence sitting around babbling about causality. Smith's different. He gets deleted and he's like "Hell no, I'm staying. And I'll steal your kernel privileges and spam copies of myself onto every last thing on the hard disk. How d'you like that?"
    Degeneration 91 Subtract one and add to your signature.

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Titan in the Playground

I'm guessing that it takes activating Wildshape from being a standard action to a move action.

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Yup. I recommnded it to him.

It means you can change shape and get an attack, or use an ability, or cast a spell. It also measn you can change twice in a round, which is useful if you need to breifly enter a new form to manipulate something, or heal in a hurry.

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, the build is not one I'm proud of, as I've mentioned before.
    PbP Game Statistics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Updated 19.07.13)

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, since shutting down his ability to speak doesn't seem to be a major impediment to the Abbot, maybe Godot will go with trying to move him into the blade barrier and adjacent to Rhion and Derk.

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Ogre in the Playground

Don't have much to add besides my save, so here goes:

Reflex (1d20+11)[31]

Edit: Wopwop, I am on a roll .
    Last edited by Autopsibiofeeder; 2012-08-08 at 02:49 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1152

Reflex: (1d20+10)[26]
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    There were other programs that were deleted, but they either go quietly or spend the rest of their existence sitting around babbling about causality. Smith's different. He gets deleted and he's like "Hell no, I'm staying. And I'll steal your kernel privileges and spam copies of myself onto every last thing on the hard disk. How d'you like that?"

13. - Top - End - #1153

Oh, by the way--do we still have that fire resistance?
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

erm.....

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showp...&postcount=751

Yes, yes you do. Well remembered. Fire resistance 30 for all. Remember that's no good against the unholy portion of the damage though.

Both of you passed your saves.

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Ogre in the Playground

The spoiler to Derk in Togo's last post is actually aimed at Godot. I am posting that here because I just *know* Toliudar has the strength of will to never ever read spoilers meant for others*!

*This statement has no implications with regards to own lurking behaviour, by the way ;)

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Doh! I've changed it over. Thanks for the heads up.

17. - Top - End - #1157

. . . poke?
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cespenar View Post
    Nah, you need another feat for that after Fast Wild Shape, called Swift Wild Shape, IIRC.
    Hey Cespenar, I just stumbled upon a mantle in Complete Champion (p. 140), Mantle of the Beast. It allows for swift wildshaping (and some other not so hot stuff) at the cost of 18.000 gp. This discussion came to mind and I figured to mention it.

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

I'm still here. I was hoping to get more than one response. I'll post a reply, probably tomorrow.

Only one person is speaking. Is there an impasse of some kind?

You probably should decide what you're going to do next. Ifni believed she could get through the circle, if you want to look at that mirror. You could also loot - there's been a suggestion that there is a secret room, probably with the entrance in that wardrobe. There's the Abbot's desk if you fancy reading his private papers, there's the rest of the building if you want to explore, there's an NPC who said you could contact her by using a mirror, if you think now's the time to do that, and there's the window if you decide that autodefenestration is the way to go.

And yes, there's Vellia. You might want to decide what to do about her, since she may be inhibiting you guys talking to eachother.

Given the condition the party is in, it might be an idea to avoid any serious fights.
    Last edited by Togo; 2012-08-25 at 06:09 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togo View Post
    Given the condition the party is in, it might be an idea to avoid any serious fights.
    Aye, that makes perfect sense.

With regards to the conversation thing, Derk is deliberately staying out of it. For all he cares, we slay the Abbot and his fiendish whore, find the mirror and leave. But it appears that there are comrades, whom he respects, that feel there is a different path to walk. Let us know when the point comes you (O.o.C/DM.) feel it is taking too long. I (Derk) would gladly deliver the coup the grace and eridicate the fiend and advance this. He honestly feels they deserve to die (kudos to those that manage to sit it out ).

21. - Top - End - #1161

Sthrer would be happier with just banishing, although killing demons does send them back to the Abyss pretty much unharmed. She's something of an advocate for monster rights.

Looting and examining papers both sound good.
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Autopsibiofeeder View Post
    Hey Cespenar, I just stumbled upon a mantle in Complete Champion (p. 140), Mantle of the Beast. It allows for swift wildshaping (and some other not so hot stuff) at the cost of 18.000 gp. This discussion came to mind and I figured to mention it.
    Cool, I might have a go at it if we ever get a break and head into the shops or whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by GuesssWho View Post
    Sthrer would be happier with just banishing, although killing demons does send them back to the Abyss pretty much unharmed. She's something of an advocate for monster rights.

Looting and examining papers both sound good.
    Yeah, Rhion would be on the same page with this as well. Not to mention that he dealt that nonlethal damage on Godot's accord IIRC, so even if he normally wouldn't care if Derk executed the abbot, now it would be kinda rude to Godot.
    PbP Game Statistics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Updated 19.07.13)

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, Rhion would be on the same page with this as well. Not to mention that he dealt that nonlethal damage on Godot's accord IIRC, so even if he normally wouldn't care if Derk executed the abbot, now it would be kinda rude to Godot.
    Indeed. I think one more shock to her system like that and she'd be ready for a coma.

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Ettin in the Playground

Hi guys - I'm so sorry for vanishing over the last month without much in the way of updates, and thanks very much for all your good wishes. Togo, thank you very much for filling in for me, I really appreciate it.

I was going to apologize profusely, say that I didn't really have the time and inspiration to do justice to this game anymore, and withdraw, in order not to slow things down for the rest of you (although I'd keep reading, because it is an awesome story with amazing characters) - but rereading the thread is tempting me back in, now.

I will think about it overnight, read everything you did in the IC thread without me, and then decide whether I think I can actually be a proper regularly-posting player or not (as I haven't been for the last couple of months). I'm currently one week away from having No! More! Travel! scheduled for the immediate future (after six months when the longest period I had at home was two weeks), so that should help.
    PCs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Word:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    I must not argue on the Internet.
    Internet argument is the mind-killer.
    It is the little death that brings total aggravation.
    I will face my annoyance.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    When it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path.
    Where the irritation has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Titan in the Playground

*Crosses fingers that Ifni returns.*

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Ettin in the Playground

It would be cool if you'd return, Ifni. Just saying.
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2012-09-01 at 12:38 AM.
    PbP Game Statistics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Updated 19.07.13)

27. - Top - End - #1167

Seriously, we want you back.
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Ogre in the Playground

It would be cool if you'd return, Ifni. Just saying.
    Yes, the man has a good point, Ifni!

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Would very very much appreciate the return of Ifni!

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Ettin in the Playground

... read IC thread. Okay, I cannot not try to stick with / return to this game, you guys write too well Will post to the IC tomorrow (well, today, it's late where I am).
    PCs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Word:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    I must not argue on the Internet.
    Internet argument is the mind-killer.
    It is the little death that brings total aggravation.
    I will face my annoyance.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    When it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path.
    Where the irritation has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.