Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1509
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Togo's Planar Adventure set partly in Sigil (OOC)

Togo, just a quick note, Ifni is my nick, Umbriel is my character's name - it's come up a few times, so thought I'd mention it. Have a good weekend!

Has anyone other than me been tracking loot? Going through the thread, here's what I think our current tally is, for the whole game. Can you let me know if I've missed anything? Maybe it would be worth putting/linking this in an early post in the OOC thread?

Spider Riders
    Four sets of:
    Reins of Ascension
    Gloves of Dexterity +2
    Bracers of Ogre Power +2
    Ring of Protection +1 AC
    Piercer Cloak of Resistance +2
    Lesser Fire Crystal
    +1 Breastplate
    Javelin of Lightning
    Masterword double sword

Husk Widowmaker Spiders x2? (worth 10k each to the right buyer, although I suspect we're just going to kill them / have already killed them)

Lycanthe And Friends
    Assorted non-magical equipment

The Demon On The Roof
    Some copper and silver coins
    Cooking pot helmet
    Holy symbol of Cyric

Experimental Necromancy
    A spiky collar
    +dominated Monocle Man

The Abbot
    Brass crozier
    Portable shrine of Cyric (1000gp to the right person, 75gp in metals)
    Unholy water (1 vial)
    Scroll of Heal
    Scroll of Panacea (SC)
    Scroll of Chasing Perfection (SC)
    Potion of Cure Serious Wounds (used by Sthrer)
    Potion of Cure Blindness
    Keoghtom's Ointment (5 applications)
    Arcane scroll of Ethereal Jaunt
    2000 platinum (20000 gp)
    2000 gold
    Pearl necklace = 2000gp
    Amarite ring = 6000gp
    +1 Full Plate
    +1 Called Light Steel Shield
    Metamagic Rod of Silent Spell (attached to the inside of the shield)
    +1 Longsword
    Greater Crystal of Arrow Deflection
    Ring of Evasion
    Ring of Protection +1
    Periapt of Wisdom +4
    Third Eye Repudiate
    Greater Boots of the Mountain King
    Vest of Resistance +3 (needs a wash)
    Several spare holy symbols of Cyric
    A knife
    A light mace made of bone
    Some rather nice black gloves
    PCs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Word:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    I must not argue on the Internet.
    Internet argument is the mind-killer.
    It is the little death that brings total aggravation.
    I will face my annoyance.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    When it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path.
    Where the irritation has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Titan in the Playground

If we're going to count dominated people as 'equipment', then I guess we'd add Renfield, the altered man we 'rescued' (or kidnapped) away from Lycanthe. I suppose we'll need to figure out what to do with the mad scientist at the same time as we deal with the Abbot.

I haven't been following along with gear, Ifni, so thanks for doing this.

In terms of the Abbot loot, Godot would happily take either ring, and any scrolls that others don't want.
    Currently climbing out of a heckofa two weeks at work/RL. Now working to catch up. Thanks for your patience.

Peridot avatar (complete with demon consorts) courtesy of the very talented Telasi.

Despair favours the status quo. It is a luxury we cannot afford. ~ Andrew Nikiforuk

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Ettin in the Playground

Heh, I just mentioned Monocle Man so I wouldn't forget him - he might have equipment for us to steal!

Umbriel would generally like arcane scrolls of spells she doesn't have yet, because then she can scribe them into her spellbook. Divine scrolls are not useful to her, she doesn't have UMD. She would love the metamagic rod if we can detach it from the shield.
    PCs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Word:
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey, if we are adding dominated folks to the treasure list, we might as well add Derk. After all, he wouldn't be here if you ladies had not convinced him that this expedition was a good idea .

From an item point of view, I can imagine the 'Boots of the Mountain King' looking good on Derk. On the other hand, they are expensive and would only add to an already excellent property of the tank (defense). I can imagine them being of much more value on someone else.

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Autopsibiofeeder View Post
    Hey, if we are adding dominated folks to the treasure list, we might as well add Derk. After all, he wouldn't be here if you ladies had not convinced him that this expedition was a good idea .

From an item point of view, I can imagine the 'Boots of the Mountain King' looking good on Derk. On the other hand, they are expensive and would only add to an already excellent property of the tank (defense). I can imagine them being of much more value on someone else.
    On the other hand, of the group, Derk would seem to be the one most likely to be concerned with movement penalties for rough ground, since they'd interfere with charging and tactical movement. The rest of us are either battlefield control, damage at a distance, or don't wear boots at all.
    Currently climbing out of a heckofa two weeks at work/RL. Now working to catch up. Thanks for your patience.

Peridot avatar (complete with demon consorts) courtesy of the very talented Telasi.

Despair favours the status quo. It is a luxury we cannot afford. ~ Andrew Nikiforuk

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Toliudar View Post
    On the other hand, of the group, Derk would seem to be the one most likely to be concerned with movement penalties for rough ground, since they'd interfere with charging and tactical movement. The rest of us are either battlefield control, damage at a distance, or don't wear boots at all.
    Ahh, pretty Godot prefers to show her ankles, huh?

The whole rough terrain thing was not concerning me, though. I can fly and Umbriel has a tendency to zip and zap melee units over the battle field as if they were chess pawns. "As if?", would be her reaction, I presume .

The swift action stoneskin is very sweet, though. I am just imagining that it is something that would make, for example, our shapeshifter who has to choose between damage output and defense through his forms a bit happy (as well as looking for a wilding clasp).

I just don't want to get to the point where my defense becomes a bit overkill. In the end that is a potential danger to you guys (Togo putting in a monster to hurt me that accidentally ends up smacking one of you guys). Unless, of course, Togo pops in now telling me that I had better take them because he feels I might be needing them.

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Bugbear in the Playground

What was the caster level of that potion? And do we know if Togo is using psionics=magic or not?

Also, I think Sthrer could use more defense and augments to offence, she's not really a fighter as-is. More of a scholar.
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    If you understood the above, click here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    There were other programs that were deleted, but they either go quietly or spend the rest of their existence sitting around babbling about causality. Smith's different. He gets deleted and he's like "Hell no, I'm staying. And I'll steal your kernel privileges and spam copies of myself onto every last thing on the hard disk. How d'you like that?"
    Degeneration 91 Subtract one and add to your signature.

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Ifni View Post
    Togo, just a quick note, Ifni is my nick, Umbriel is my character's name - it's come up a few times, so thought I'd mention it.
    Whoops - corrected. (I was posting in a hurry.)

The loot looks right to me.

While we're on the subject of loose ends, there was a loose end that hasn't been mentioned at all, but I can't tell if that's because the person involved forgot about it, or because they're very, very carefully keeping it secret. No one lead is critical, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Autopsibiofeeder View Post
    I just don't want to get to the point where my defense becomes a bit overkill. In the end that is a potential danger to you guys (Togo putting in a monster to hurt me that accidentally ends up smacking one of you guys).
    Stoneskin is more protection, but it doesn't add to armour class, which is your main protection. Another form of protection is less of a problem than an increase in an existing one.

It's also moot until you rest, since it's one use per day, and the Abbot used it.

I can always make the fights more difficult, if you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by GuesssWho View Post
    What was the caster level of that potion? And do we know if Togo is using psionics=magic or not?
    Potion was caster level 5.

Magic and psionics transparency is in effect, so psionics count as magic, and vice versa. Odd exceptions will exist, of course.

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togo View Post
    While we're on the subject of loose ends, there was a loose end that hasn't been mentioned at all, but I can't tell if that's because the person involved forgot about it, or because they're very, very carefully keeping it secret. No one lead is critical, of course.
    Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry. I thought I have already posted in IC, but it turns out I'm simply a fool.

And that loose end pertains to Rhion. I'll be explaining it shortly.
    PbP Game Statistics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Updated 19.07.13)
    Games Joined: 53
    Games Dead: 50
    Games Successfully Finished: 0
    Partially Finished/TPK'd: 1

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Titan in the Playground

Hey, I'm just relieved that it wasn't me forgetting the plot point.

11. - Top - End - #1211

(3d8+5)[19]

Then that third eye should be pretty useful.
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    There were other programs that were deleted, but they either go quietly or spend the rest of their existence sitting around babbling about causality. Smith's different. He gets deleted and he's like "Hell no, I'm staying. And I'll steal your kernel privileges and spam copies of myself onto every last thing on the hard disk. How d'you like that?"

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey guys, a question: would you be open to introducing a new player? I have a friend who's been running an online campaign for me, and would like to be a player for a change. I got permission from Togo to ask you guys if you'd be okay with him submitting a character; of course, you all have veto power, I don't want to add someone new to the group if anyone's unhappy with the idea.
    PCs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Word:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey guys, a question: would you be open to introducing a new player? I have a friend who's been running an online campaign for me, and would like to be a player for a change. I got permission from Togo to ask you guys if you'd be okay with him submitting a character; of course, you all have veto power, I don't want to add someone new to the group if anyone's unhappy with the idea.
    Well, you mentioned I have veto power and as a guy in a relationship with a woman that is something I am not used to have. I am inclined to use it, just because I can .

But no, I am fine with that. Say, this friend of yours doesn't happen to have a cleric/divine caster fetish, huh?

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

I'm the relevant man referenced here: and I would like to make a divine caster.

A Ur-Priest.

Why are anti-theists evil? I don't understand... but that runs into the neutral/good axis of this party. Thoughts?
    Orphidian Urge: Corrupt youth throughout creation with insidious role-playing games.

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orosboru View Post

A Ur-Priest.

Why are anti-theists evil? I don't understand... but that runs into the neutral/good axis of this party. Thoughts?
    Hi!

I don't know, but I guess it has something to do with the whole stealing of energy/spells. I haven't read up on the Ur-priest for a while, but I remember it being about taking something that is someone else's to give. Does that make sense? Otherwise, intuitively, I would make them neutral by definition rather than evil by definition.

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Ettin in the Playground

I wouldn't object.
    PbP Game Statistics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Updated 19.07.13)

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Titan in the Playground

No objections at all, especially if the character can be houseruled to allow for a non-evil alignment.

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Ettin in the Playground

Stealing magic/power from gods would be chaotic rather than evil, if any alignment requirements were necessary. I mean, it's like "sticking it to the man", only, the "man" is far, far more powerful.
    PbP Game Statistics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Updated 19.07.13)

19. - Top - End - #1219

, someone Sthrer can have esoteric philosophical discussions with!
    Last edited by GuesssWho; 2012-10-07 at 05:09 AM.
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Orosboru View Post

A Ur-Priest.

My main thought about Ur-priest is that it's notably more powerful than comparable prestige classes. I think the concept's fine, but being a full caster without having to have the levels, and early access to 9th level spellcasting, are both kinda turning me against the idea.

21. - Top - End - #1221

Flumph

The issue of power level is also known to me. Perhaps I could...

- Take 5 levels of ex-cleric. 5 dead levels should even things out, considering that ur-priest doesn't get any better after 15th.
    - Restrict my spells to core. The majority of abusable spells (gate, miracle, astral projection and etherealness) don't work, have reduced usefulness, or have fluff problems (requesting a deity's intercession? eeeeeh...)
    - remind Togo that even with the practiced spellcaster feat, I'm casting my cleric spells at CL 14 - for example, I can't even cast Create Greater Undead, no matter how hard I try. I can't even cast a blasphemy that can inflict harm on friendly PCs.
    - Houserule my alignment to chaos/neutrality.
    - Restrict my ability to steal spell-like abilities in some way. Perhaps a ridiculously hard check or something.
    Orphidian Urge: Corrupt youth throughout creation with insidious role-playing games.

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Ettin in the Playground

Or,

-Play a straight cleric, and fluff the anti-theism part?
    PbP Game Statistics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Updated 19.07.13)

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Titan in the Playground

I was thinking of the same thing - a cleric of a concept. But it's not my character.

Meantime, are we ready to try actually touching the mirror?

24. - Top - End - #1224

Flumph

...or I could just go Cleric. Yay.

Pray to the Source!

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Hm.. what do people think about a ur-priest, but with cleric spell progression? Obviously no ban on gaining spell progression from earlier levels. The other abilities are powerful, but that's not that unusual for cleric prestige classes.

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togo View Post
    Hm.. what do people think about a ur-priest, but with cleric spell progression? Obviously no ban on gaining spell progression from earlier levels. The other abilities are powerful, but that's not that unusual for cleric prestige classes.
    Just turn the class into a '+1 to divine caster level' class, you mean? That would not be 'overpowered' at all, but I (but who am I) would then play a cleric and refluff the fluff (and pick some other prestige class) or rather, go for the archivist as it fits the 'taking what you want without being necessarily devout' theme a bit better.

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Ettin in the Playground

No objections here. Togo, would you be up for changing the alignment requirement? From talking to Oros I had the impression he didn't actually particularly want to play an evil character (he mentioned Prometheus themes earlier, stealing the fire of the gods for humanity), and I know you initially said to keep this good/neutral only.

Of course, Oros should correct me if I have this wrong.

I'll go post to the IC; since nobody's objected, I'll have Umbriel go investigate the inner wards.
    PCs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Word:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1228

A cleric of the god of atheism, LOL. Well, the idea more like. But that's less funny.
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

No objections here. Togo, would you be up for changing the alignment requirement?
    Oh, sure. Choose the alignment that fits your character concept, and then we can refluff the class to match.

...of course, if your choice is lawful good, you'll need a fairly good reason why being a cosmic paracite fits, but I never lost money betting on players being inventive.
    Last edited by Togo; 2012-10-10 at 03:00 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Titan in the Playground

Cosmic parasite. That's good. I could use that.

I always liked the idea of an arcanist character whose spellcasting was in some way eating away at the fabric of the universe...