Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 173233343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1509
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    GuesssWho's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Far Realm
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Togo's Planar Adventure set partly in Sigil (OOC)

    I think someone on here created a class like that. Xenotheurge or some such thing.
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    If you understood the above, click here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    There were other programs that were deleted, but they either go quietly or spend the rest of their existence sitting around babbling about causality. Smith's different. He gets deleted and he's like "Hell no, I'm staying. And I'll steal your kernel privileges and spam copies of myself onto every last thing on the hard disk. How d'you like that?"
    Degeneration 91 Subtract one and add to your signature.

  2. - Top - End - #1232
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Toliudar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada

    Default Re: Togo's Planar Adventure set partly in Sigil (OOC)

    *Flinches*

    I've had two experiences with Xenotheurge characters. Aside from the problems of learning an entirely new mechanic system for the game - one which, in dozens of places, effectively says "this ability ignores the way that these kinds of abilities usually work, and instead work the way I want them to", the characters are practically guaranteed to come into conflict with the rest of the group. I like Realms of Chaos as a player, but that homebrew seems to bring out the worst in people.
    Currently climbing out of a heckofa two weeks at work/RL. Now working to catch up. Thanks for your patience.

    Peridot avatar (complete with demon consorts) courtesy of the very talented Telasi.

    Despair favours the status quo. It is a luxury we cannot afford. ~ Andrew Nikiforuk

  3. - Top - End - #1233
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Togo's Planar Adventure set partly in Sigil (OOC)

    ...Are we waiting for something? Either in the main thread, or in the ur-priest character concept?

  4. - Top - End - #1234
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Togo's Planar Adventure set partly in Sigil (OOC)

    ...Not sure, honestly. What was up with that jade, guys? Someone adviced us to have it on us (the lady with the brutes?), would it make sense to look at the mirror through the jade, like a lense...or is that stuff never transparent?
    Last edited by Autopsibiofeeder; 2012-10-21 at 10:20 AM.
    No PbP posting during the Easter weekend (Fri-Mon)
    Avatar by Recaiden

  5. - Top - End - #1235
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Toliudar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada

    Default Re: Togo's Planar Adventure set partly in Sigil (OOC)

    If nobody else does something in the next few days, Godot will just try stuffing it in a bag. Could be fun to see if we create a planar rift in the middle of Sigil.
    Currently climbing out of a heckofa two weeks at work/RL. Now working to catch up. Thanks for your patience.

    Peridot avatar (complete with demon consorts) courtesy of the very talented Telasi.

    Despair favours the status quo. It is a luxury we cannot afford. ~ Andrew Nikiforuk

  6. - Top - End - #1236
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Ifni's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007

    Default Re: Togo's Planar Adventure set partly in Sigil (OOC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Autopsibiofeeder View Post
    ...Not sure, honestly. What was up with that jade, guys? Someone adviced us to have it on us (the lady with the brutes?), would it make sense to look at the mirror through the jade, like a lense...or is that stuff never transparent?
    Elisha, who we think is Ahsile's reflection - the blond woman in the library, who said she was trapped in Cyric's shrine - said to bring jade, and that it had to be real jade, that was very important. Since she was mostly speaking in contradictions, we have both real jade and fake jade. I was curious to see if either piece reacted at all to the mirror (or vice versa), but I gather the answer is no?

    Other thing to do would be to give Nephira a call. If nobody else has any ideas, I'm leaning in that direction.

    It may have been overlooked, Umbriel was giving the strong members of the party permission to try to take the mirror down, she thinks it'll probably be too heavy for her and doesn't want to drop it.
    Last edited by Ifni; 2012-10-21 at 02:59 PM.
    PCs:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Word:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    I must not argue on the Internet.
    Internet argument is the mind-killer.
    It is the little death that brings total aggravation.
    I will face my annoyance.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    When it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path.
    Where the irritation has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.


    Avatar by Castaras. Thanks!

  7. - Top - End - #1237
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Togo's Planar Adventure set partly in Sigil (OOC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ifni View Post
    Elisha, who we think is Ahsile's reflection - the blond woman in the library, who said she was trapped in Cyric's shrine - said to bring jade, and that it had to be real jade, that was very important. Since she was mostly speaking in contradictions, we have both real jade and fake jade.

    Other thing to do would be to give Nephira a call. If nobody else has any ideas, I'm leaning in that direction.

    It may have been overlooked, Umbriel was giving the strong members of the party permission to try to take the mirror down, she thinks it'll probably be too heavy for her and doesn't want to drop it.
    Ah, right. And since I am the only party member that is both strong and proud owner of proper thumbs ( ) that means me. Will go and act on your directions later, have some stuff I need to do now.
    No PbP posting during the Easter weekend (Fri-Mon)
    Avatar by Recaiden

  8. - Top - End - #1238
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Ifni's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007

    Default Re: Togo's Planar Adventure set partly in Sigil (OOC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Autopsibiofeeder View Post
    Ah, right. And since I am the only party member that is both strong and proud owner of proper thumbs ( )
    That's our useful paladin
    PCs:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Word:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    I must not argue on the Internet.
    Internet argument is the mind-killer.
    It is the little death that brings total aggravation.
    I will face my annoyance.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    When it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path.
    Where the irritation has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.


    Avatar by Castaras. Thanks!

  9. - Top - End - #1239
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Cespenar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: Togo's Planar Adventure set partly in Sigil (OOC)

    Can turn into a Frost Giant if you want. Just saying.
    PbP Game Statistics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Updated 19.07.13)
    Games Joined: 53
    Games Dead: 50
    Games Successfully Finished: 0
    Partially Finished/TPK'd: 1


  10. - Top - End - #1240
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Togo's Planar Adventure set partly in Sigil (OOC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cespenar View Post
    Can turn into a Frost Giant if you want. Just saying.
    You could have turned into a Frost Giant to undress the filthy priest, but then it turned out to be a problem. Master of Many Most Forms as long as it doesn't involve stuff I don't like to do, huh?
    No PbP posting during the Easter weekend (Fri-Mon)
    Avatar by Recaiden

  11. - Top - End - #1241
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Cespenar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: Togo's Planar Adventure set partly in Sigil (OOC)

    Nah, more like Master of Many Forms But Only Several Times Per Day.
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2012-10-21 at 03:57 PM.
    PbP Game Statistics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Updated 19.07.13)
    Games Joined: 53
    Games Dead: 50
    Games Successfully Finished: 0
    Partially Finished/TPK'd: 1


  12. - Top - End - #1242
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Togo's Planar Adventure set partly in Sigil (OOC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cespenar View Post
    Nah, more like Master of Many Forms But Only Several Times Per Day.
    Oh, wow. Will you believe that for all these years I somehow subconsciously read into (or inferred from the title of) the Evershifting Form ability that you had no limit on the times per day you shifted? Learn something every day, I guess...

    Edit: But I do feel that that would be a proper capstone ability.
    Last edited by Autopsibiofeeder; 2012-10-21 at 04:30 PM.
    No PbP posting during the Easter weekend (Fri-Mon)
    Avatar by Recaiden

  13. - Top - End - #1243
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Cespenar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: Togo's Planar Adventure set partly in Sigil (OOC)

    I can get that at level 18, I guess, if we ever get there.
    PbP Game Statistics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Updated 19.07.13)
    Games Joined: 53
    Games Dead: 50
    Games Successfully Finished: 0
    Partially Finished/TPK'd: 1


  14. - Top - End - #1244
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Togo's Planar Adventure set partly in Sigil (OOC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Autopsibiofeeder View Post
    Oh, wow. Will you believe that for all these years I somehow subconsciously read into (or inferred from the title of) the Evershifting Form ability that you had no limit on the times per day you shifted? Learn something every day, I guess...

    Edit: But I do feel that that would be a proper capstone ability.
    It was the 3.0 capstone.

    Umbriel, you said you were being very careful not to look in your own reflection in the mirror. So I'm not sure in what sense the jade would be interacting with the mirror, or whether you'd see anything happen in the reflection if you did. Waving jade in front of the mirror doesn't seem to do anything.

    Derk going in front of the mirror to try and lift it down doesn't seem to do anything either. I'll give people a chance to reply, and then describe Derk lifting the mirror down. Derk, could you possibly give me a strength check, adding any bonuses for stability, as if it were a bull rush or similar.
    Last edited by Togo; 2012-10-23 at 08:14 AM.

  15. - Top - End - #1245
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Togo's Planar Adventure set partly in Sigil (OOC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Togo View Post
    It was the 3.0 capstone.
    Right. It all makes sense now. Thanks.

    Derk going in front of the mirror to try and lift it down doesn't seem to do anything either. I'll give people a chance to reply, and then describe Derk lifting the mirror down. Derk, could you possibly give me a strength check, adding any bonuses for stability, as if it were a bull rush or similar.
    As if it were a bull rush, eh? Nice . Don't have any special bonuses there, so here goes: (1d20+7)[25]

    Edit: *flex*
    Last edited by Autopsibiofeeder; 2012-10-22 at 10:15 AM.
    No PbP posting during the Easter weekend (Fri-Mon)
    Avatar by Recaiden

  16. - Top - End - #1246
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Togo's Planar Adventure set partly in Sigil (OOC)

    Sorry for the brief post - I really need to know where people are at this point, and what Derk is intending to with the mirror. It is really very heavy.

  17. - Top - End - #1247
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Togo's Planar Adventure set partly in Sigil (OOC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Togo View Post
    Sorry for the brief post - I really need to know where people are at this point, and what Derk is intending to with the mirror. It is really very heavy.
    Haha, I haven't the foggiest . If it is heavy and nobody orders me to do anything special with it, I guess I would set it on the ground for the time being after a little while (say, 30 seconds or so).
    No PbP posting during the Easter weekend (Fri-Mon)
    Avatar by Recaiden

  18. - Top - End - #1248
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Toliudar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada

    Default Re: Togo's Planar Adventure set partly in Sigil (OOC)

    Godot's curiosity would definitely get the better of her common sense, and she'd want to be within sight of the mirror.
    Currently climbing out of a heckofa two weeks at work/RL. Now working to catch up. Thanks for your patience.

    Peridot avatar (complete with demon consorts) courtesy of the very talented Telasi.

    Despair favours the status quo. It is a luxury we cannot afford. ~ Andrew Nikiforuk

  19. - Top - End - #1249
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    GuesssWho's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Far Realm
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Togo's Planar Adventure set partly in Sigil (OOC)

    Sthrer is much more sensible and will hide.
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    If you understood the above, click here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    There were other programs that were deleted, but they either go quietly or spend the rest of their existence sitting around babbling about causality. Smith's different. He gets deleted and he's like "Hell no, I'm staying. And I'll steal your kernel privileges and spam copies of myself onto every last thing on the hard disk. How d'you like that?"
    Degeneration 91 Subtract one and add to your signature.

  20. - Top - End - #1250
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Togo's Planar Adventure set partly in Sigil (OOC)

    Apologies, I may not have been sufficiently clear in what you could and couldn't search. (I'm still running this in odd moments from Japan). To be clear, you couldn't check behind the mirror without actually moving it.

  21. - Top - End - #1251
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Togo's Planar Adventure set partly in Sigil (OOC)

    :D

    A faint buzz....as in a nest of hornets, or some mechanical type of buzz? I understand it is a Derk is screwed kind of buzz , but otherwise? Weird word buzz. Buzz, buzz. Buzz... *wanders off*
    No PbP posting during the Easter weekend (Fri-Mon)
    Avatar by Recaiden

  22. - Top - End - #1252
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Togo's Planar Adventure set partly in Sigil (OOC)

    I would like to inform you guys that I will be getting married the 8th of December and then will head off to Indonesia for our honeymoon for a considerable amount of time. The 7th of January I should be back posting. Should I post between these dates, please smack me verbally as hard as my fiancee will do physically, because that would be, simply, wrong.

    Again, of course, Togo is free to direct and handle Derk to ensure that he naively sends himself into the path of danger and certain death during this period. Please do so, Togo. It is still a while away, but I guessed a heads-up was in order. But seriously, if when I come back Godot has been harmed and it is apparent you could have directed Derk to prevent it, but you didn't, I will slay my neighbour (who I do not like anyway), turn him into a wight and send him to haunt you!
    No PbP posting during the Easter weekend (Fri-Mon)
    Avatar by Recaiden

  23. - Top - End - #1253
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Ifni's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007

    Default Re: Togo's Planar Adventure set partly in Sigil (OOC)

    Congratulations to you and your fiancee, Autopsi! And honeymoon in Indonesia sounds awesome, I'm jealous Have a great time!
    Last edited by Ifni; 2012-10-25 at 07:50 PM.
    PCs:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Word:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    I must not argue on the Internet.
    Internet argument is the mind-killer.
    It is the little death that brings total aggravation.
    I will face my annoyance.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    When it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path.
    Where the irritation has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.


    Avatar by Castaras. Thanks!

  24. - Top - End - #1254
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Togo's Planar Adventure set partly in Sigil (OOC)

    Like a sort of energy buzz. Electrical, magical, something like that. Something in the wall activating, not as the mirror is removed, but as the mirror is moved subsequently

  25. - Top - End - #1255
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Ifni's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007

    Default Re: Togo's Planar Adventure set partly in Sigil (OOC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Togo View Post
    Apologies, I may not have been sufficiently clear in what you could and couldn't search. (I'm still running this in odd moments from Japan). To be clear, you couldn't check behind the mirror without actually moving it.
    Okay - and no worries, Togo. Do I have an action before anything happens, or only Derk/Godot? If so, how much of an action?

    If I have an action... is it possible to attempt to Disable Device the buzzing thing without a Search check (since it is, well, buzzing), or would a Search check be required? (I have Instant Locksmith prepared, which is a swift-action cast and lets me make a DD check as a free action, so it might matter. I don't think I have a way to do a Search check in less than a full-round action, although given 1 round I can search the entire room in one go - but I guess this still doesn't let me search places I don't have LOE to, as it's a burst.)
    Last edited by Ifni; 2012-10-25 at 09:48 PM.
    PCs:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Word:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    I must not argue on the Internet.
    Internet argument is the mind-killer.
    It is the little death that brings total aggravation.
    I will face my annoyance.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    When it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path.
    Where the irritation has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.


    Avatar by Castaras. Thanks!

  26. - Top - End - #1256
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Toliudar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada

    Default Re: Togo's Planar Adventure set partly in Sigil (OOC)

    Congratulations, Autopsibiofeeder! Have a fantastic time, and we'll look forward to hearing all about the wedding and honeymoon when you return in January. Well, not all about. That would be a bit creepy. Perhaps just a sentence or two?

    Togo: as soon as Godot has a clear space between Derk and the mirror, she'll throw up the wall.
    Currently climbing out of a heckofa two weeks at work/RL. Now working to catch up. Thanks for your patience.

    Peridot avatar (complete with demon consorts) courtesy of the very talented Telasi.

    Despair favours the status quo. It is a luxury we cannot afford. ~ Andrew Nikiforuk

  27. - Top - End - #1257
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Togo's Planar Adventure set partly in Sigil (OOC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ifni View Post
    Okay - and no worries, Togo. Do I have an action before anything happens, or only Derk/Godot? If so, how much of an action?

    If I have an action... is it possible to attempt to Disable Device the buzzing thing without a Search check (since it is, well, buzzing), or would a Search check be required? (I have Instant Locksmith prepared, which is a swift-action cast and lets me make a DD check as a free action, so it might matter. I don't think I have a way to do a Search check in less than a full-round action, although given 1 round I can search the entire room in one go - but I guess this still doesn't let me search places I don't have LOE to, as it's a burst.)
    The buzzing is coming from behind the mirror. Instant locksmith is range personal, so it's helping you with the relevent skill check. Which means you still need to reach behind the mirror somehow to disable anything. So you could reach behind the mirror blindly and try and disable something by feel, or you could wait until Derk puts the mirror down, and see if, by putting your head flat against the wall, you can at least see behind the mirror to see what you're dealing with.

    Of course both of these involve you standing quite close to the buzzing noise, rather than behind a handy wall, like Sthrer is doing.


    Auto - congrats, and sure I'm happy to keep Derk going for you. I'll keep on doing all the suici- I mean, brave and sensible things that Derk would do.

    Apologies everyone else for my recent slowness. I am now back from Japan and gradually getting over jetlag. The first few drafts of this post were... incoherant to say the least.

  28. - Top - End - #1258
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Ifni's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007

    Default Re: Togo's Planar Adventure set partly in Sigil (OOC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Togo View Post
    The buzzing is coming from behind the mirror. Instant locksmith is range personal, so it's helping you with the relevent skill check. Which means you still need to reach behind the mirror somehow to disable anything. So you could reach behind the mirror blindly and try and disable something by feel, or you could wait until Derk puts the mirror down, and see if, by putting your head flat against the wall, you can at least see behind the mirror to see what you're dealing with.

    Of course both of these involve you standing quite close to the buzzing noise, rather than behind a handy wall, like Sthrer is doing.
    Yup. Ah, for Wings of Cover...

    Would "disabling something by feel" be a DD check with a penalty, or something else?

    As I indicated in my IC post, Umbriel was retreating to the corridor and peeking around the doorway, but when the buzzing noise starts up, she feels a little bad about missing a trap. So just wondering how much of an action I have before anything happens. Since Umbriel doesn't know, let's do this step by step...

    Here's the tentative plan. If it won't work for any reason Umbriel could see in advance (say, there's nowhere in the room I can move to get line-of-effect behind the mirror, until Derk puts it down), then let me know.

    Round 1:
    "Derk, stop where you are! Try not to move the mirror further! Don't put it down!"
    Move action: move back in, to where I would have line of effect to behind the mirror (yes, I know this means it also has line of effect to me).
    Standard action: commence casting Spontaneous Search (defensively).

    Round 2: (if no explosion etc has eventuated)
    Standard action: complete casting Spontaneous Search. This gives me a take-10 Search check (for 38) on every object and space in the burst radius.
    Move action: move up to wherever I need to be to disable the thing, assuming successful Search check (if Search check detects nothing to disable, instead get behind a wall).
    Swift action: cast Instant Locksmith.
    Free action: Disable Device check. My roll will be at +35 before any penalties for having to work in a narrow space, etc (I do have masterwork thieves' tools - magical thieves' tools actually, but I won't be using their special power as it requires a swift action). Instant Locksmith lets me make the roll as a free action before penalty.

    If it all blows up in my face at any point during this process, I will cast Celerity as an immediate action and use the resulting standard action to Greater Dimension Door a block or so away, along with anyone adjacent to me who wishes to come.

    It may be that the optimal thing here is just to stand back and let Godot put up the wall of force, but I have +30ish Search and DD and spells prepared precisely to deal with traps, I may as well give it a go.

    Apologies everyone else for my recent slowness. I am now back from Japan and gradually getting over jetlag. The first few drafts of this post were... incoherant to say the least.
    Welcome back, and hope the jetlag recovery goes well

    I'm in the target zone for Hurricane Sandy, and it's already raining heavily with strong winds outside, so I may lose Internet access over the next few days.
    PCs:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Word:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    I must not argue on the Internet.
    Internet argument is the mind-killer.
    It is the little death that brings total aggravation.
    I will face my annoyance.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    When it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path.
    Where the irritation has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.


    Avatar by Castaras. Thanks!

  29. - Top - End - #1259
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Togo's Planar Adventure set partly in Sigil (OOC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ifni View Post
    Round 1:
    "Derk, stop where you are! Try not to move the mirror further! Don't put it down!"
    Move action: move back in, to where I would have line of effect to behind the mirror (yes, I know this means it also has line of effect to me).
    Standard action: commence casting Spontaneous Search (defensively).

    Round 2: (if no explosion etc has eventuated)
    Standard action: complete casting Spontaneous Search. This gives me a take-10 Search check (for 38) on every object and space in the burst radius.
    Move action: move up to wherever I need to be to disable the thing, assuming successful Search check (if Search check detects nothing to disable, instead get behind a wall).
    Swift action: cast Instant Locksmith.
    Free action: Disable Device check. My roll will be at +35 before any penalties for having to work in a narrow space, etc (I do have masterwork thieves' tools - magical thieves' tools actually, but I won't be using their special power as it requires a swift action). Instant Locksmith lets me make the roll as a free action before penalty.

    If it all blows up in my face at any point during this process, I will cast Celerity as an immediate action and use the resulting standard action to Greater Dimension Door a block or so away, along with anyone adjacent to me who wishes to come.

    It may be that the optimal thing here is just to stand back and let Godot put up the wall of force, but I have +30ish Search and DD and spells prepared precisely to deal with traps, I may as well give it a go.
    D&D: gotta love it!

    Edit: Of course, Derk will follow any instructions given by those that do know what they are doing.
    Last edited by Autopsibiofeeder; 2012-10-29 at 10:46 AM.
    No PbP posting during the Easter weekend (Fri-Mon)
    Avatar by Recaiden

  30. - Top - End - #1260
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Toliudar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada

    Default Re: Togo's Planar Adventure set partly in Sigil (OOC)

    Godot will trust Umbriel to hold off putting up her wall until Umbriel does whatever damnfool thing she's gonna try to do.
    Currently climbing out of a heckofa two weeks at work/RL. Now working to catch up. Thanks for your patience.

    Peridot avatar (complete with demon consorts) courtesy of the very talented Telasi.

    Despair favours the status quo. It is a luxury we cannot afford. ~ Andrew Nikiforuk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •