Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Togo's Planar Adventure set partly in Sigil (OOC)

Okay, so with that action from Godot, what I need to know is whether Godot had line-of-sight to the guy behind the ice wall (who I think is the only rider still conscious on her action). If she's mind-controlling him, I'll glitterdust Androse's spider. If she's throwing orbs of force at spiders, I'll satisfy my own curiosity as to whether the enchantment aura on the breastplates is relevant, by trying to dispel it on the guy behind the ice wall.

My DC for the Will save on Glitterdust is 22. Togo, feel free to resolve my action and proceed with the round, if need be I'll post a text-y description to the IC later
    Last edited by Ifni; 2011-06-20 at 07:16 PM.
    PCs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Word:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    I must not argue on the Internet.
    Internet argument is the mind-killer.
    It is the little death that brings total aggravation.
    I will face my annoyance.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    When it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path.
    Where the irritation has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

I don't think Godot has line-of-sight to the last rider, due to the wall of ice. As such, I'll assume she's readying a orb of force. That further means you're casting dispel magic.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Both Simon and Godot have the opportunity to interrupt with their readied actions, of course, but I wasn't able to tell if you want to do so.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

I'm happy with the way you've adjudicated it. Consider Godot continuing to hold her readied action, unless Derk doesn't seem to want to take the lead with the spider rider.
    Currently climbing out of a heckofa two weeks at work/RL. Now working to catch up. Thanks for your patience.

Peridot avatar (complete with demon consorts) courtesy of the very talented Telasi.

Despair favours the status quo. It is a luxury we cannot afford. ~ Andrew Nikiforuk

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Togo View Post
    Waiting for Godot
    You've been waiting this whole time to say that, haven't you?

Anyway, before Derk gets all up in Saffron's face, I want it to be clear that she attacked BEFORE Derk asked for surrender again; I posted first and her initiative is higher than his by 8 points. The fact that Togo narrated it the other way around isn't my fault, or the character's, so please don't "have a talk" with me about how I killed him as he was about to surrender. He took an action after Godot's Diplomacy check and didn't surrender then, so she (and I) had no reason to believe a surrender was forthcoming at the time that she shot.
    Congratulations, you can link to TV Tropes. This does not mean you have special insight into the storytelling process, much less the author's mind. Stories don't need to fit into neat boxes, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Spod has it right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasilich View Post
    You not reading the comic isn't going to make this comic any less awesome for all the rest of us.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SPoD View Post

Anyway, before Derk gets all up in Saffron's face, I want it to be clear that she attacked BEFORE Derk asked for surrender again; I posted first and her initiative is higher than his by 8 points. The fact that Togo narrated it the other way around isn't my fault, or the character's, so please don't "have a talk" with me about how I killed him as he was about to surrender. He took an action after Godot's Diplomacy check and didn't surrender then, so she (and I) had no reason to believe a surrender was forthcoming at the time that she shot.
    No, that's not it. Derk never believed he would surrender after the compelling statement by Godot. However, while flying up to the roof Derk came to realize that these guys had actually not done anything wrong yet (besides possessing an undead mount and perhaps violating some traffic rules since they were riding roof tops ). Derk wanted to give him an extra chance, if only to have him prove he had ill intentions.

One might (note that Derk won't, this is just hypothetical) even argue that the ones committing a crime here is us. For all we know these guys are the much feared, but legal, secret agents of some authority here.

Derk just thinks we may have gotten carried away and reacted with a bit too much brutal force, which may have led to the death of three innocent men. In the end, we are guests in a place that is very new and unfamiliar to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Toliudar View Post
    I'm happy with the way you've adjudicated it. Consider Godot continuing to hold her readied action, unless Derk doesn't seem to want to take the lead with the spider rider.
    Derk is concerned with cleaning up the spiders and more than happy to have Godot do the talking. He is used to have things done by the persons that are best at it. Far more efficient.
    Last edited by Autopsibiofeeder; 2011-06-21 at 02:21 AM.
    No PbP posting during the Easter weekend (Fri-Mon)

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

I think a court-martial happens to be in order.
    PbP Game Statistics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Updated 19.07.13)
    Games Joined: 53
    Games Dead: 50
    Games Successfully Finished: 0
    Partially Finished/TPK'd: 1

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground

Godot, please feel free to talk over Umbriel: she will gladly defer to Godot's superior expertise at talking people down, she just wanted to find out if there's anything she should know about the breastplate before it un-suppresses
    PCs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Word:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by SPoD View Post
    Waiting for Godot
    Um.. yes?

10. - Top - End - #160
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

I think it would be quite fun if Xiuhcoatl goes from this "Undead are violations of natural law!" idealism to a more "ends justify the means" kind of guy through the course of the game - as the cruel reality of this world alters his inborn draconic mindset.
    Pointing out hypocrisy is not disrespect.

RIP Tasha, April 1986 to November 25th, 2008. 22 years and 7 months of being the best kitty ever. You will be missed forever.

RIP Finney Jr., June 1998 to March 18, 2011. Nearly 13 years of being the best goldfish ever. You, as with Tasha, will be missed forever.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Um.. yes?
    Well, I was hoping SOMEONE would use it.
    Currently climbing out of a heckofa two weeks at work/RL. Now working to catch up. Thanks for your patience.

Peridot avatar (complete with demon consorts) courtesy of the very talented Telasi.

Despair favours the status quo. It is a luxury we cannot afford. ~ Andrew Nikiforuk

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Godot whispers back, as she sheathes her knife and heads over to speak with Derk and the man.
    I am perhaps a bit confused, but Derk is I think standing on the North roof with a dead rider and an entangled spider. The remaining rider you want to adress is on the ground now, no?

Or did you mean something in the line of 'she heads over to the man while speaking to Derk'?

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Autopsibiofeeder View Post
    I am perhaps a bit confused, but Derk is I think standing on the North roof with a dead rider and an entangled spider. The remaining rider you want to adress is on the ground now, no?

Or did you mean something in the line of 'she heads over to the man while speaking to Derk'?
    Did I miss something? I thought that the surviving rider surrendered to Derk. I'll double check IC. Sorry.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

NORTH - Derk, dead rider, spider grappled by tentacles, being slowly crushed to 'death'.
    EAST - Dead rider, live spider, not doing anything. Sthrer is also on this side, further south
    WEST - dead rider, live spider, not doing anything. This is the one that was chewing on Ambrose
    SOUTH - live spider, live rider, rider appears to be surrendering.

I'm intending to drop out of intiative at this point, so please act freely.
    Last edited by Togo; 2011-06-21 at 04:58 PM.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

Togo, what is your opinion on Wee Jas' attitude toward undead? The canon on this has changed a bit over the years - as far as I understand, all of the following have been valid at one point:
    (1) Wee Jas is the mistress of death, undeath is rebellion against her dominion (and/or corruption of souls she is supposed to take to their rest), and so the undead must be sent to true death whenever encountered.
    (2) Wee Jas' power over death extends to power over the undead; if keeping them undead rather than truly-dead serves the purposes of her followers, that's just fine.
    (3) Choosing undeath for oneself, as in the case of liches and other intelligent undead, is rebellion against Wee Jas (like (1)) except in very special circumstances, but raising mindless undead is okay (like (2)).
    (4) Choosing undeath for oneself is fine, but raising undead from bodies obtained unlawfully or against the wishes of the original creature (if intelligent) is against the rules.

I've been trying to keep this ambiguous so far, but Jasidan doctrine on this point will significantly affect Umbriel's reaction to the discussion of the spiders' fate. If you don't mind and just want me to pick one, I can do that too.

EDIT: Please assume Umbriel relays all communications via the Message spell to all PCs - anyone speaking into the Message will have their words transmitted on to the entire party. I'm just avoiding posting IC until I know whether Togo has an opinion on Wee Jas' attitude to undead, since Umbriel is going to follow her religion's doctrine precisely in this regard.
    Last edited by Ifni; 2011-06-22 at 12:17 AM.
    PCs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Word:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Feel free to pick one for Umbriel to take as cannon. Just let me know which one.

You may, of course, take more than one as being the position of the church of Wee Jas. Many churches have internal disagreements, particularly when different branches of the church start in different dimensions.

Whatever you choose should be reconcilable with the fact that Wee Jas grants access to the Death Domain, including Animate Dead and Greater Create Undead. I'd have thought that this would be hard to reconcile with 1, but I'm happy to be convinced otherwise.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry to bulldozed this forward, folks. I'm happy to go with majority opinion on how best to deal with our not-quite-yet prisoner. Um, as long as it doesn't involve lying to him, accepting his surrender, and then slitting his throat. Your thoughts?

18. - Top - End - #168
    Bugbear in the Playground

Accept the damned surrender already.
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    If you understood the above, click here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    There were other programs that were deleted, but they either go quietly or spend the rest of their existence sitting around babbling about causality. Smith's different. He gets deleted and he's like "Hell no, I'm staying. And I'll steal your kernel privileges and spam copies of myself onto every last thing on the hard disk. How d'you like that?"
    Degeneration 91 Subtract one and add to your signature.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry to bulldozed this forward, folks. I'm happy to go with majority opinion on how best to deal with our not-quite-yet prisoner. Um, as long as it doesn't involve lying to him, accepting his surrender, and then slitting his throat. Your thoughts?
    The man can live and go his way, for all Derk cares, as long as it becomes clear who ordered him to be here. It seems that the greatest unjustice being done here is having them sent to us. His friends lasted for what....12 seconds? It seems to me that they were sent here to die.

The mounts....well, Derk really needs a good reason to let them go. Derk thinks it is his God-given duty to rid the world of them .

So...what is the Tower, what do they do (and why) and why on earth do they use undead mounts?

Anywho...I think you are doing fine and agree with what you did so far. And am happy you're doing the talking.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Incidently, it looks like the first fight was a bit too easy for you. It was intended as a warm up, but even so... Those guys would have been very nasty if they got into melee range, but simply weren't tough enough to get through to you.

Don't worry, the battles are intended to different from eachother, and I'm presently busy making the next one much more deadly, just for you...

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground

First fight? Whatever are you talking about?

P.S. I kid, I kid. I like having different leveled encounters across the game. It's more realistic than the "always appropriate leveled encounters" approach.

P.P.S. It's fine, Toliudar. I'm sure if anyone would oppose, they would. Or so I think.
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2011-06-22 at 05:17 PM.
    PbP Game Statistics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Updated 19.07.13)

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cespenar View Post
    First fight? Whatever are you talking about?
    You have easy talking! I had to burn through quite a few spell slots and special abilities to uh, er....look cool, yet moderately redundant .

But Cespenar, we can still fight over who gets first at the 'On a Stick' stall?

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ettin in the Playground

You have easy talking! I had to burn through quite a few spell slots and special abilities to uh, er....look cool, yet moderately redundant .

But Cespenar, we can still fight over who gets first at the 'On a Stick' stall?
    Well, Rhion can become a stall, if you'd like.
    PbP Game Statistics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Updated 19.07.13)

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Now THERE's a fun mental image.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, Rhion can become a stall, if you'd like.

I can transform my weapon into a spear, so we have a skewer. Maybe we can sell undead spider kebab and get some gp out of this encounter?

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Godot instinctively flinches away from the blade, but smiles uncertainly up at Derk.

"Ah! I mean, ah. Thank you. But why don't you, ah, hold onto that."

She murmurs into the link.

"Umbriel? You seemed interested in those breastplates. If you'd like to, erm, remove one for study or something, you might want to do it soon. Sthrer is getting antsy. I think I heard a rattle."
    Sorry, Toliudar. It seems we managed to post simultaneously there. I figured you did not want to accept the blade before you got your answers, so I sort-off retracted my post through spoilers. If it works for you like this, I just remove the spoilers again.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

I can transform my weapon into a spear, so we have a skewer. Maybe we can sell undead spider kebab and get some gp out of this encounter?
    The thing is, Rhion can turn into gp as well.
    PbP Game Statistics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Updated 19.07.13)

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry, Toliudar. It seems we managed to post simultaneously there. I figured you did not want to accept the blade before you got your answers, so I sort-off retracted my post through spoilers. If it works for you like this, I just remove the spoilers again.
    No, that's me not being clear. I meant that Godot was recoiling when DERK offered it to her. I meant for you to keep it, not him. thought you dealt with that beautifully.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

The thing is, Rhion can turn into gp as well.
    Hmmm...can you turn into an undead spider? *readies skewer*

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmmm...can you turn into an undead spider? *readies skewer*
    Derk digs undead meat?
    PbP Game Statistics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Updated 19.07.13)