New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Abhorsen WW III: Shining Night GAME ON!

Welcome one and all! I hope to see more involvement and hope that you enjoy the sequel to a good book series. Now first of all, it doesnt not matter if you have not read the series. That is more for fluff and will be more enjoyable, but even if you have never read the series, I encourage you to apply. Thst being said... read the rules to get yourself familiar with the mechanics of the bells. If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Narrators: Deathslayer7 and Blood_caller

Bell Mechanic’s
    Spoiler
    Show

• If a person is night killed and has a bell, it goes to team evil.
    • If a wolf is lynched it goes to team good.
    • If team good (villager or power role) is lynched and has a bell, it goes randomly to all remaining players still alive.
    • A person can have more than one bell.
    • A single bell can be passed during the night. If you pass a bell to someone, the passer remains anonymous. Any bells passed are considered hand-me downs and as such are subjected to the one night cooldown.
    • Any bells passed to another person have a one night cooldown, except below.
    • If a person who started with a bell passes it away but then receives it again, they can use it as they normally could without the one night cooldown.
    • Only one bell action can be used per night.
    • If a person uses a bell that has a one night cooldown, it affects all bells that the person may have. i.e. If Sabriel has Saraneth and recieved Dyrim and chooses to use Dyrim during the night; then both Dyrim and Saraneth have a one night cooldown on them.

The Seven Bells
    Spoiler
    Show

Ranna, the Sleeper: Takes all those who hear it into slumber. Given to a random Charter Mage (Villager) at the beginning of the game. Once per night it the ringer can use it to void a person’s point for the next day. Night Action.

Mosrael, the Waker: Throws the ringer further into death but the listener into life. Given to The Fleeing Coward (Nicholas Sayre) at the beginning of the game who is put into contact with Uncle Festy and Hedge. Once per night he can choose to void someone’s night action for the night, if they have one. Is not told whether it succeeded or not. Cannot be used on the same person consecutively.

Kibeth, the Walker: gives the dead freedom of movement or forces them to walk at the ringers will. Given to the Disreputable Dog at the beginning of the game. Once per night, the ringer can use it to redirect a person’s action at another person. This bell can only redirect the action, not change it. Cannot be used on the same person consecutively. Night Action. Cannot redirect to self.

Dyrim, the Speaker: Grants speech to dumb, tongueless dead, or gives forgotten words their meaning. Given to Sanar and Ryelle at the beginning of the game. Once per night, they can choose to scry a person for their role OR see if they are holding a bell. If they have both Dyrim and Belgaer, then they can scry for both a role and bell. Night Action.

Belgaer, the Thinker: Restores independent thought and memory to those who hear it. Given to Hedge at the beginning of the game. Once per night, he can choose to scry a person for their role OR see if they are holding a bell. If he has both Dyrim and Belgaer, then he can scry for both a role and bell. Night Action.

Saraneth, the Binder: Shackles the dead to the ringer's will. Given the Sabriel at the beginning of the game. Once per night she can choose to bane someone and protect them from night kills. Night action.
    If this bell gets into the hands of the wolves, then it becomes a day baner. If a day bane is successful, there is a two night cooldown. Night action.

Astarael, the Sorrowful: Casts all those who hear it (including the ringer) into deep death. Given to Uncle Festy at the beginning of the game. Once per night he can choose someone whom he wishes to night kill. Night Action. Always stays with team evil.

The Roles
    Spoiler
    Show

Prince Sameth the Wallmaker – Child of both Sabriel and Touchstone, he has found out that he is no longer the next Abhorsen-in-waiting, and instead, he has "The Wallmaker's" blood in him. His ability lies in creating unique and very old magical items. Who or what that entitles, no one knows but him. Does not have a bell, but he does have a night ability. Team Good.

Sanar and Ryelle – They have the power To See, but only when together. They are twins and they are the strongest women The Clayr have To See the future. While this role has two people in it, it will only be given to one person. Starts off with the bell Dyrim. Team Good.

Lirael – A daughter of The Clayr who still doesn’t have The Sight. Instead, she is a Remembrancer (a person who has the ability to look into the past). She is also half-Abhorsen, meaning she now holds the responsibility to put the dead back to rest. Starts with the bell Saraneth. Team Good.

The Disreputable Dog – The Disreputable Dog is in fact the Third Bright Shiner Kibeth. Or at least what is left of it. It is not as strong as it used to be, but still powerful enough. Starts off with the bell Kibeth. Team Good.

Mogget – The Eight Bright Shiner, Yrael. Mogget can change his from between an albino dwarf and a cat. His power is second to Orannis though. His motives: unknown.

Uncle Festy (Alpha) – Managed to send both Sabriel and The Abhorsen to Death where they are currently trapped. As such, he has been favored high among his own kind of Necromancers and has part of an evil power imbued within him. No bells work on him. Scries as Villager. Starts off with the bell Astarael. Team Evil.

Hedge (Devil) – Works as a servant for Uncle Festy and makes sure all goes according to plan. He is a Necromancer himself who plans to do very evil things. Starts off with the bell Belgaer. Team Evil.

Chlorr of the Mask (Beast) – A Greater Undead like Kerrigor, but works for Hedge and Uncle Festy. No one knows why.

The Fleeing Coward (Nicholas Sayre) - Prince Sameth's best friend, but gone rogue and a small coward. He has a small shard of Orannis inside him which is slowly turning him evil. He is trying to resist, but so far he is becoming more evil by the moment. Starts with the Bell Mosrael. Team Evil.

Necromancers – Normal wolves who wish to follow Uncle Festy in his footsteps for power and glory and honor. Team Evil.

Charter Mages – Normal Villagers caught in the crossfire.

Other Important Things to Note
    Spoiler
    Show

• Only the wolves who start off with a bell know each other from the beginning.
    • If Team Good gets Mosrael and voids the wolf who has Astarael, the kill will still go through, but a one night cooldown is added to the bell. Does not affect Uncle Festy.
    • If "Nothing Happened during the Night" this means one of few things:
      a) the wolves did not send in a night kill
      b) the wolves targetted another wolf and were put into contact
      c) someone was baned.
    • If Uncle Festy is killed, Astarael will stay with team evil who then can use the night kill with a one night cooldown.
    • No roleclaiming please. It ruins the fun.

Player List:
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head] Number | Player | Role | Died
    1|Ramsus||
    2|bladescape||
    3|Khal||
    4|Bobby Archer||
    5|sanity702||
    6|billtodamax||
    7|Fleeing Coward||
    8|Murska||
    9|Gray Mage||
    10|Lord Loss|Villager|Day 1
    11|Thufir||
    12|TheLaughingMan||
    13|Lex-Kat||
    14|Internet Flea||
    15|calar||
    16|Eternal Drifter||
    17|cd4||
    18|Orzel||
    19|BobtheFerret||
    20|Reinholdt||
    [/table]

Fluff Notes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Uncle Festy and Fleeing Coward are roles in this. So don't go lynching the actual players if they do decide to join. Any and all fluff is just that. Fluff.

Somewhere....
    Uncle Festy stood next to Fleeing Coward remaining silent. Fleeing Coward watched the moon rise slowly in the horizon. It was a blood red moon tonight. He smiled to himself. Turning to Uncle Festy, he spoke with a voice that wasn't his own. Sabriel and Touchstone are both dead. Along with Prince Sameth. All that is left is Lirael. Have you sent out the Death Hands? Uncle Festy nodded and bowed his head. Yes Master. They are hunting her as we speak. The last I heard, she entered death. Fleeing Coward narrowed his eyes. Death? Why did she enter death? he asked, his voice becoming narrow and dangerous. Uncle Festy hesitated. It was unexpected, but she managed to save Prince Sameth before he reached the Third gate. Sabriel and Touchstone are still dead though. They have gone beyond the ninth gate. Fleeing Coward turned and stared at Uncle Festy who flinched slightly. I have raised you above all others Festy. Why do you continuously disappoint me? Uncle Festy knew better than to offer a retort. Double the amount of Hands on Lirael. He looked back at the blood red moon. And what of my two friends? Their whereabouts are currently unknown. Festy said, looking down. Find them. Fleeing Coward said. Uncle Festy clearly heard the "Or else." even though he did not say it.

Meanwhile...
    Kibeth and Mogget both sat on their haunches. The blood red moon stood high above them. Mogget was licking his paw while Kibeth just stared at him. Will you help us? Kibeth asked, staring at Mogget. Mogget looked up and stared at Kibeth. I see no reason to help you nor him. Then why did you decide to meet with me? I wanted to see what you had to offer. I like to keep my options open, but I see now this was a waste of time. If you don't help us, Orannis will destroy us all! Kibeth cried. Destroy you all. He can't destroy me. Mogget replied calmly. Once all Seven of us are dead, you'll be next. Mark my words. With that, Kibeth got up and walked away. Mogget followed with his eyes but didn't follow after Kibeth.

Elsewhere...
    Lirael pulled Sameth back into his body. Prince Sameth gasped as life was brought back into him. He sat up and heaved ragged breaths. Lirael sat up beside him. Before he could ask anything, Lirael grabbed him by the arm and started pulling him. He stumbled to his feet. Where are we going? he asked, panic in his voice. To kill Orannis. she said. They headed South as the moon rose, its blood red light shining on them.

Welcome to Abhorsen's WW 3: Shining Night!
    Last edited by Deathslayer7; 2011-05-25 at 07:52 PM.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: Abhorsen WW III: Shining Night

Reserved for some important updates to come later.

Mainly for the fact that I will be away until the 17th or so, so that is when we shall recruit too.

This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Oh man. I read one or two of these books, lent from a friend. Then the friend moved, I forgot the name of the books, and have faintly remembered it ever since. So thanks for making this game just for that. In.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Whoot!!! I know these books, read them two or three times, depending on which one in the series you're talking about!

And, if that doesn't clarify, IN!
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Haven't read any of the books, but I would love to be in this.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

I haven't read the books either, but this looks interesting. I'm in.
    Zombie for Hire
    from roleplaying to theatre to "get the hell off my lawn"
    zombie4hire.wordpress.com

7. - Top - End - #7

NecromancerGirl

If you will have me as your co-narrator then I shall be that! If not count me among thy sheep. (Ie in as either co-narrator or player your choice death)
    I am alive!

It has been a very very long time.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

you told me you couldn't co-narrate =/
    why are you taking it back now?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'll be in.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10

In. I'd like to point out that the chances of me been a wolf 3 games in a row is virtually 0% so all the power roles should contact me so we can form a villager network day 1
    And if I do turn out to be a wolf, at least it'd be a quick game right?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

I'm in.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Count me in.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd be delighted to play.
    Bienvenue Au Kébec !!!
    Improve Kébec's Industry!
    Improve Kébec's Transport!
    Improve Kébec's Security!

My Trophies!

Spoiler
    Show

Also, if anyone has any sort of problem at all that they feel like talking about, my PM box is open.

14. - Top - End - #14

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Deathslayer7 View Post
    you told me you couldn't co-narrate =/
    why are you taking it back now?
    Goes back and reads the pm in question... Good lord, I sounded like a drunk maniac. I blame the fact that I used a phone to post that. Anyways I meant to say

COUNT me in as your co-narrator.
    I am alive!

It has been a very very long time.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Firbolg in the Playground

In! Words!
    More words!
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

16. - Top - End - #16

I must redeem myself!

In.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

In.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

Joining in the fun.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

Im in. Looking to be fun.
    I shall spread the buttery light of justice over the toast of your iniquity!

Fight my brute.
    Brutes too boring? Try this one.

20. - Top - End - #20

Back where it all began...

TheLaughingMan...
    Eternal Drifter...
    Fleeing Coward...

The first time I saw a villiager network that was led by a wolf... and I have dubbed it the "Fleeing Drifter Manouver," after pulling off a similar version myself in a recent game.

Let's see if I can have better luck this time! In!
    Normal avatar by Darwin. Many thanks!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    Along with your avatar, your class is the bard.
    Indeed it is, now that I think about it. Bard in the Playground

From Murska's City: Eternally Unlucky

Retired Werewolfer

21. - Top - End - #21

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Drifter View Post
    Back where it all began...

TheLaughingMan...
    Eternal Drifter...
    Fleeing Coward...

The first time I saw a villiager network that was led by a wolf... and I have dubbed it the "Fleeing Drifter Manouver," after pulling off a similar version myself in a recent game.

Let's see if I can have better luck this time! In!
    Very well, my old foe. Come directionless drifter, or come magnificent coward, the baner shall laugh last.

Let the games begin.
    Last edited by TheLaughingMan; 2011-05-15 at 12:58 AM.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

22. - Top - End - #22

OldWizardGuy

Lets see if I can do better this time. In.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

In I guess. That puts me on my 3 game limit.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Players added. Back from Reno so I'll end recruiting sometime tomorrow. Hopefully two more will show up.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Halfling in the Playground

In if it's not too late for that.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shapeshifters 2 WW
    It is dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
    Gooooooo Colonials!

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

I will join to help round out the numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

awesome. recruitment will close later on today. Have to go tutor and will close when I get back.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

ok. pms will be sent out shortly.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

ok! Role pms are sent out. if you didn't receive one, don't blab about it to the entire world, send me a pm please.

Thanks.

Starting narration should be up soon.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Mogget strolled through the camp. The Death Hands watched from the Shadows, afraid of him. He didn't care. Let them be afraid. He kept walking until he reached the top of the hill where Fleeing Coward and Uncle Festy stood. Festy growled at his approach but Fleeing Coward watched with an amused look on his face. Mogget stopped next to them and started licking his paw. Neither of them said anything for a moment.

Fleeing Coward: So you accepted my offer for freedom?
    Mogget: I accept no offers, but I will help you. I require my own reward.
    Fleeing Coward: Which is?
    Mogget: You'll see.

Mogget licked his paw again, and walked away. Uncle Festy spoke Can we trust him? Only as long as we see fit. Fleeing Coward responded watching the cat stalk away. How goes the hunt for the others? We shall have their heads on pikes very soon my lord. See to it that you do, otherwise it will be your head on the pike. Fleeing Coward said harshly. Uncle Festy only nodded. And what do we do with the small army of Charter Mages trying to sneak up on us? Nothing. Let them come. Uncle Festy nodded yet again. Before the sun sets, the sacrifices shall start.

Day One Begins and lasts 48 hours!
    Last edited by Deathslayer7; 2011-05-18 at 06:26 PM.