New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Will of the Many.... take two

I once started one of those forum adventure games called Will of the Many, until some idiot messed it up. That idiot was me. I was away for too long.

Anyways, I'd like to start it up again.

The rules are simple. I'll post what is going on, and then the forumers can say what they want the character to do. Kinda like the MSPaint Adventures and the game by Agent Paper and Domo, but different. And by different, I mean worse. It will be text-based at first, as I have no artists. Also, I'm breaking this into phases. This first phase, things will be quite vague. That's because I want you guys to help develop the character and the world around him/her/it through the actions you make the character go through.

PHASE I: Faceless, Voiceless

You find yourself in some kind of classroom. Test grades are being passed back. Many of your fellow students seem quite disappointed in those grades, while a small number of them seem relieved. In a few moments, you will receive your own grade.

[?]
    My characters: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetindex.php?sg=41703

GENERATION 7D: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add applesauce to the generation. This is a social experiment.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Will of the Many.... take two

Where... where am I? What am I doing here? Who am I?

The paper is being offered to me. I reach out and take it, almost automatically. After brief perusal, it would seem to be a math test. C minus. Is that my name up there?

I raise my hand and wait for the professor to notice me.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

3. - Top - End - #3

MindFlayer

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    ((Normally, it would be a one line command and I'd do that kinda stuff, but I'm thinking... that's actually a very good post, Mordokai. I think I'll springboard off of that.))

Your grade is finally passed back to you. And it is a... C minus? That's just below average... you signal the teacher to come, which happens. You talk to the teacher about your grade. You are unable to tell how to feel about it. After all, compared to your regular grades, it is...
    [?]

GENERATION 7D: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add applesauce to the generation. This is a social experiment.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Improvement.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure if I'm doing this correct, so let me know if/what I'm doing wrong.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."

5. - Top - End - #5

MindFlayer

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sure. You can be doing it right. You can do it pretty much however you want. BTW, I'm gonna wait one more day to see if anyone else posts before next action.

A C- is better than your usual grades, so you are not too upset. However, the teacher still seems disappointed in you. You hear something about working harder or failing the class.

[?]
    Last edited by zyborg; 2011-05-14 at 11:17 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6

MindFlayer

You hear a bell ring, and everyone begins to leave. As you get up, however, the bell rings again, but... differently. Everyone disappears, and the lighting seems off. Suddenly, a shadowy, skull-like phantom appears in front of you. Do YoU wIsH tO cOnTiNuE tHiS sHeLl Of A lIfe, it asks, Or Do YoU wIsH tO aScEnD?

[?]

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Introduce yourself phantom. I speak not to one who doesn't even befit me with his name.

8. - Top - End - #8

MindFlayer

I aM a MeSsEnGeR oF tHe GoD oF tRuTh, the mysterious phantasm claims. I aM hErE tO hElP yOu AwAkEn AnD aScEnD. i KnOw YoU hAvE nO rEaSoN tO tRuSt Me, BuT...
    Last edited by zyborg; 2011-05-17 at 01:15 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

I think I took my medication today...

Very well. I wish to ascend.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

[OOC] I think I'll give it a go if you guys don't mind. (I have no idea how this works so point me in the right direction if something is wrong) [/OOC]

Hearing voices is never a good sign. Ignoring the voice would be the obvious choice... I assume I have fallen asleep due to sleepless nights watching movies and playing computer games.

11. - Top - End - #11

MindFlayer

((Only 2 responses, contradicting each other? Okay, guys, I have chosen a number between 1 and 10. Pick one. CLosest wins.))

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

Screw this failing class life! "I WiSh tO AsCeND" I say in my best imitation of his voice.

13. - Top - End - #13

MindFlayer

"WeLl ThEn," the ghostly messenger says, "AsCeNd!"

Color quickly drains from the classroom, until everything is now in gray-scale. Then the world begins to stretch. You feel as if you are in a taffy-puller or a medieval torturing rack, as everything is pulled vertically. Then everything goes dark.

PHASE II: ASCENSION

When you return to consciousness, you find yourself chained to... nothing. Chains are jutting out of your body and anchoring to the darkness. The feeling is quite weird, though painless.

"YoU hAvE nOt YeT aScEnDeD," a recognizable voice says. "yOu MuSt FiRsT fReE yOuRsElF fRoM tHiS wOrLd. To ReMoVe ThEsE cHaInS, yOu MuSt AnSwEr SoMe LiFe-AlTeRiNg QuEsTiOnS. fIrSt... WhO aRe YoU?"
    Last edited by zyborg; 2011-05-23 at 10:41 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

For some strange phantasm that helps people ascend you sure don't know much do you?

I am a failed student at some random school apparently. My name is Boris Dunghead.

Spoiler
    Show
    Is the answer supposed to be more elaborate or is this enough?

15. - Top - End - #15

MindFlayer

"...No, NoT yOuR nAme. WhO aRe YoU?"

16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zyborg View Post
    "...No, NoT yOuR nAme. WhO aRe YoU?"
    I AM A SEXY SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!

Had to be done.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

Jonathan Anders be my name.

18. - Top - End - #18

MindFlayer

The Messenger seems really frustrated with you. "No, TiM WiThEnS, i Do NoT wAnT yOuR nAmEs. JoE-bOb, GiViNg MuLtIpLe NaMeS iS nOt FuNnY, eSpEcIaLlY sInCe I dId NoT aSk FoR yOuR nAmE!"

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

Then, you want yours?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Am I doing it rtight
    Welcome my son, Welcome to the machine!
    "Laws ussualy get in the way of Justice" Jaidee, the Tiger of Bankok, The Windup Girl

20. - Top - End - #20

MindFlayer

"No, NoT mY nAmE," the spirit 'says' irately, "yOuR nAmE, oR aNyOnE's NaMe! WHO...ARE...YOU?"
    Last edited by zyborg; 2011-06-13 at 08:57 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll join in.

I am me, for I am. If thought signifies a meaning, then mine is clear. If life is purposeless, and thought prevails over all then life means little.

22. - Top - End - #22

MindFlayer

"VEry GOod," the voice says, more clearly. "A DecENt aNSweR." Suddenly, you feel... strange, as a few of the chains retract into your body. "NeXT quEstIOn... wHAt tIEs yOU to THis WOrlD?"

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

... Experiences given through life? Emotional ties?

24. - Top - End - #24
    Firbolg in the Playground

My memories. But they will fade away...
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #25

Hey can i join this? If so regard this:

"Will of mind to survive." Oh THIS world? Then these chains i suppose.
    Last edited by KoboldRevenge; 2011-06-26 at 03:46 AM.
    Kobold Bond By araveugnitsuga!

Other Rotation Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show
    Other Bond by araveugnitsuga
    Spoiler
    Show

Halloween Avatars By Flumphy
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26

MindFlayer

"So," the phantasm says, much more clearly, "You are afraid to lose your family. Then... my bad news is also good news. Your family is already in the Upper World. They've been kidnapped by beings from the Upper World. They have been... 'erased' from your world. You are considered an orphan, one whose parents and siblings have never been known. If you wish to rescue them..."

Suddenly, many more of the chains recede into your body. You feel... different than before.

"You must rescue them. Your 'enemies' are expecting you... however, I can give you power. The power to rescue them. If you decline my offer, even you will start to forget your family's existence."

27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    ((I know I shouldn't take part in this, as I invariably steer these games directly into the ground. But I will anyway because I'm bored.

On a related note, you folks definitely should have ignored the ghost and tried to remove the chains by pushing their iron balls into holes and then filling the holes.))

I'm not agreeing to anything unless I get the specifics.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Halfling in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Your ideas intrigue me, and I wish to learn more. What is this "power"? What are the effects, the side-effects, the draw-backs, the costs etc...? Do I have to sign with my blood? 'cause if so, I'm outta here.
    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Did I do this correctly?
    Last edited by ArcaneSaint; 2011-07-16 at 04:06 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

I accept, tottaly accept. power? always!
    Last edited by super dark33; 2011-08-11 at 09:24 AM.
    Despite everything, its still me.