New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: City of Spires - Day 1 Game On!

Far from it, the copyright expired in 1961. You're going on my little list for scandalous and false allegations against a noble in good standing, TheLaughingMan.
    Last edited by Tilt; 2011-06-29 at 08:38 AM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Peasant Banjuro tended to his crops on the hill just outside the city walls. Soon the sun would begin to drop and he would have to head back into the City of Spires, but he had a few hours left. The dirty air, the iniquity, the politics, the backstabbing, he hated it all. Banjuro much preferred the open hills, and his cabbages. If he didn't have to live inside the walls and sell his vegetables at the market he would have never gone back to the city at all.

Banjuro knelt to take a closer look at one of his charges, a large green ball of thick leaves, mottled with darker green and partially eaten away.

"Aphids. Ajadean if I'm not mistaken."

He sighed and pulled the cabbage from the rich soil, depositing it in a small sack tied across his back. Better to take it home and eat the good than let the aphids spread across the crop.

He had heard about the nobles of the city, bickering and plotting as they always did. Someone had been exiled, and now there was talk about growing unrest amongst the ruling houses. And when there was unrest amonst the nobles...

"It's everyone else that suffers. I fear I shall be taxed an even greater proportion of my crop this year."

The sun touched the far horizon, Banjuro straightensedand and hung his hoe over one shoulder with some regret. Time to go back to the city, and all teh evils that dwelled within its walls.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

Blasc slowly mixed the murk around before bottling it and leaving it in the most sheltered part of his hut. Most people called him a witch-doctor, but he prefered the name 'pest-eliminator'. He was the one people went to to get rid of anything from mice to roaches.

He sighed again, if the news he'd heard was to be believed, than the City was going to get rather hot, and maybe he should get up and leave now before the fighting starts... The three nobles would no doubt be at each others throats, trying to claim succession, and anyone that was believed to aid another lord would be not only put under the hammer, but probably assassinated as well.

The lords wouldn't stand for anyone opposing them, the ninja's were surely just rumours, as ninja's hadn't been seen in a milenia, the so called return was an unlikely tale, he'd believe it when he could see the evidence that such a mythical killer had been sent. As it was, things were looking grim.

(No point yet, I just felt like RPing, and Banjo gave me an idea for that.)
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

((Sorry about the lack of RP, I'll try to do some next phase. Bladescape, for being tpam.))

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

Xan groaned as he snapped a few joints in his neck, his fingers rapping against the wooden counter top. He squinted against the dreadful burning day-star, wishing he could sleep for a few more hours but knowing that such wishing led to nothing. After all, if he slept who would tend to his store? The few customers that did come in were either quite and meek, or talkative and nervous. The usual really, but people had been buying his food stock at an alarming rate. Xan heard from one of his customers that the king had been killed, and the nobles will now contest for the crown. Unless they are all killed by the so-called ninja. "Probably just some rebels who use the images of old to represent themselves or something..." He muttered to himself as he yawned, before putting on a wide smile as another customer opened his door.
    Last edited by Xanmyral; 2011-06-28 at 09:39 AM.
    Titles, Achievements, and Quotes of Honor
    Spoiler
    Show
    Infernal Teamworker - City of Shadows Wondering if anyone is still checking this...
    Ruler of the City - City of Shadows Hello? Anyone there? PM me if you want the Color Code.
    The Fallen Chessmaster - Center WW I don't really see a reason to get rid of this.
    The Manipulative/The Opaque - Demons WW Its kind of neat.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

A young woman stands at the edge of the square, with a sheet of parchment in one hand and a wicker hamper of fruit trapped between her hip and her other hand. She squints at the far-too-loopy writing on it and eventually drops it into the basket of fruits with a sigh before heading on her way.

"Seems the lords are moving swiftly. Two speeches and pamphlets. They must be desperate."
    Last edited by Ajadea; 2011-06-28 at 04:08 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37

Quote Originally Posted by Tilt View Post
    Far from it, the copyright expired in 1961. You're going on my little list for scandalous and false allegations against a noble in good standing, [DATA EXPUNGED].
    Oh, don't worry. I doubt any of the nobles will be lynched day one, as day one is usually bandwagon-day. I suspect either I, Ajadea, or bladescape are likelier targets, for our accusers positions on the page top.

Hooray for people not paying attention!
    Last edited by TheLaughingMan; 2011-06-28 at 12:16 PM.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The venerable Lord Low-Key is taken aside by his majordomo. "Lord our men have caught Ramsus acting very suspiciously, and we are unable to account for his location at the time of the assassination." Lord Low-Key ponders this and responds, "Please keep an eye on this man, if an oppourtunity arises see that he has an unfortunate accident, but make no overt actions against him."
    "Dinner should be logical" - Jon

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

Balthasar Grimm lay in bed. He had just woke up, but he was still weary from his long journey and he desperately wanted more rest. However, he was more hungry than he was tired, so he dragged himself out of his comfortable inn bed and ventured out into the city.

As he made his way through the market, he was surrounded by the excited murmuring of the townsfolk. He stopped at a cart full of fresh fruit. "What's all this talk about ninjas and nobles?" he asked the farmer as he filled up a basket full of apples and berries.

"Haven't you heard? The Lord Ruler has been assassinated by the ninja, and now the city's three nobles will be vying for the crown."

Grimm thanked the farmer and paid him for the fruit. Weeks of travel to try to get away from a political squabble in his homeland just to end up right in the middle of another one! Oh well. he thought somberly, bighting into a juicy apple as he made his way back to the inn. At least the fruit's good.
    Last edited by Zjoot; 2011-06-28 at 06:08 PM.
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

(I'm also going for Bladescape for his misuse of the pluralization of ninja, which is ninja btw.)

Ramsus looked around worriedly, gripping onto his almost overflowing bag of assorted things, as he head into the alley. When he was sure nobody was looking he said a few words and made a hurried hand gesture. Then in a flash of light and a puff of smoke he vanished.

He reappeared back into his secret laboratory. It was place of several rooms, none with doors but, plenty of windows, which upon crows perched. It was in one of the towers, likely unbeknownst to anyone these days. The crows, startled at his sudden appearance, flew away briefly but came right back, clearly used to such things.

He put the various items he had purchased, some from local merchants, some from less legitimate sources, each in their place. Beakers, tubes, and the like went with the other apparatuses. Small animals in cages. Animal parts, powders, and other various things in small containers. Books into bookshelves. Etc.

When he was done he looked in the mirror to check that his youth potion was still in effect. It was, as he still looked, and more importantly, felt like a man in his thirties. While he wasn't in prime physical condition, it was likely much better shape than he had been when he was actually in his thirties about sixty years ago.

After turning away from the mirror he spotted a letter on his reading desk, likely brought there by a crow, detailing the assassination of the Lord Ruler. "Oh, dear. This will bring no end of trouble."
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2011-06-29 at 05:23 AM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Minnin Tyja had been awake since dawn, since the squeaking of a bat startled him from his bed. The infestation was only now able to be called such, as of yesterday there was only one of the flying rodents. But to his disgust Minnin found at least five in his attic at dawn. He had immediately dressed and hurried down the empty market street, desperate to find a solution to his problem.

After hours of fruitless searching, the shops began to open and the now cranky and quite tired Minnin entered one labeled "Very General Goods". Adorning the walls was a very eclectic collection of various things: Farming tools, quills, books, blades, capes, cloaks and metal cages. As he gazed at the assorted oddities, a salesman asked, "Can I help you?"

[To be continued...]

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    (I'm also going for Bladescape for his misuse of the pluralization of ninja, which is ninja btw.)
    According to Dictionary.com and the Mirriam-Webster dictionary, both "ninja" and "ninjas" are acceptable. But I digress.

Anyways, I'm going to point randomly at Xanmyral.
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Firbolg in the Playground

Getting in a point at Bladescape, in case I don't have time later.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2011-06-28 at 08:11 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #44
    Barbarian in the Playground

After hearing all the Nobles' speeches, Lemonus left for the market. As he was shopping, his head buzzed with thoughts. So, the Lord of The Spires is dead? Well, it should be interesting watching the Nobles scramble for positions of power. Although, the ninja do worry me quite a bit. If they were able to get at the Lord, they might be anywhere in the city. I think I'll lock my doors tonight, for all the good it'll do. He then went to pay for the food. As he stepped into his house he realized that the merchant had over-charged him 6 copper!

((Pointing at Bladescape for now.))
    Awesome Pony-Chul by slayerx!
    My computer is on the blink. Posting will be affected.
    The endless wisdom that is my extended signature lies here.
    I have Pokemon!

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Pointing at MintyNinja. Because he is an evil ninja!

I'll RP tomorrow, I don't have time today.
    Bienvenue Au Kébec !!!
    Improve Kébec's Industry!
    Improve Kébec's Transport!
    Improve Kébec's Security!

My Trophies!

Spoiler
    Show

Also, if anyone has any sort of problem at all that they feel like talking about, my PM box is open.

16. - Top - End - #46

Changing my vote to Ajadea, as pointing at a noble can't be good for my health.
    Last edited by TheLaughingMan; 2011-06-28 at 10:14 PM.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm going to point at the "venerable" lord Low-Key for considering taking someones life so lightly.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Tiger-Fang makes a good point. Low-Key it is. I wouldn't want to be ruled over by him ( 1) Because I'd be dead and 2) Because he'd probably try and pry into my secrets ).

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm going to try to RP tomorrow, but no promises. I'm not really a roleplayer, sorry. Anyways, Minty Ninja for today for his name.
    Avatar of Yoshimo by Trazoi. WW Banner by Elder Tsofu.

Trophies and Titles
    Spoiler
    Show
    Protecting the Guilty/I Survived the City of the Drifter(City of Darkness)
    Bringer of Chaos/Last Assassin Standing/Werewolf Finder/Oops! (City of Shadows)
    (Shape-shifters 2)
    (Bombs Away Heat 2)

20. - Top - End - #50
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'm going to point at Gray Mage. Is TPAM really all you got?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

21. - Top - End - #51
    Pixie in the Playground

Lord Chiruto considered his subjects-to-be through a large brass telescope. A retainer pointed a merchant out to him.

"My lord, rumours on the street indicate that this man is a wicked ninja. People believe this because.. well, his name sounds sort of like 'ninja'." He began to mumblingly repeat the name in demonstration. "Minnin Tyja Minnin Tyja Minnin Tyja.. Minty Ninja."

Lord Chiruto frowned. "Sometimes I wonder about the competency of my investigators. This is only slightly better than your last idea of having unusually mirthful citizens executed on the grounds that no honest citizen should be laughing at a time like this. Yet true or not, leaving this rumour unresolved cannot be good for morale. Have this 'Minty Ninja' more thoroughly investigated."

22. - Top - End - #52
    Halfling in the Playground

Beholder

Day 1 Ends

Quote Originally Posted by The Daily Spire
    The announcement of the death of the former Lord Ruler spread like wild fire to every corner of the City. In no time at all, bakers handed out cookies shaped like tigers, merchants spoke quietly to clients in back rooms, and astrologers determined the numerical value of each noble's name.

Talk about the ninja varied from person to person. Many dismissed such a bold claim.
    "Ninja? You've got to be kidding me. The ninja are a myth invented by the nobles to divert attention from themselves. See... what really happened, is that one of the nobles decided they were strong enough to seize the throne in a struggle for the succession. He arranged an unfortunate accident and started a rumor that the ninja did it."

Many of the populace seemed apathetic.
    "All I want to do is sell my cabbages," asserted one citizen.
    "The press is being subjected to heavy scrutiny and censorship," said another.
    "It's no longer safe to be a foreigner in the City," claimed a traveler on his way out. "Everyone looks at you as if you are a ninja, but I just came to see the Spires."
    The Spires are known for attracting a business in tourism.

Although many fear the succession will hurt the economy, local businesses say the opposite, "Food is flying off the shelves!"
    Summary:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The City is shocked by the death of the previous Ruler. No one was lynched.

In Danger of Autolynch:
    {table]Missed 1 Day:

bladescape
    EagleWiz
    Xanmyral
    Onime-no-Enishi
    Ajadea
    Grim ranger[/table]
    Multi-voters: N/A
    Night 1 Begins Now and Ends in About 24 Hours
    Last edited by Rules Lawyer #1; 2011-06-29 at 10:26 AM.
    Thanks to all the players who joined
    June 27 ... July 14, 2011
    July 7 ... July 28, 2012

23. - Top - End - #53
    Halfling in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: City of Spires - Night 1 Begins

Night 1 Ends
    Night fell on the City of Spires, cold and harsh. The people huddled inside their homes and locked their doors to fall into troubled sleep.
    Lights burned in the Spires. Were the nobles making plans for the succession? Or were they keeping watch over the possibility that the ninja rumors were true?

It mattered not to the ninja. He stood in the shadows dressed head to toe in black, with a ninja-to strapped to his back. In the blink of an eye, he assailed the outer wall, the patrolling guards none the wiser, and landed soundlessly on a roof top. Rappelling down the side of the building, he carefully unlatched a window and slipped inside.

His target was already awake - just as the master ninja had planned. The master ninja pulled out some copper pieces and deliberately dropped them on the floor *ching-ching-ching-ching-ching-ching*
    His prey whirled around, "How? Those windows only open from the inside! I - I have specially designed locks on all my doors and windows!"
    The ninja carefully closed the window and locked it.
    The prey appeared uneasy. Good. The ninja approached.
    The prey grabbed a katana displayed prominently on a wall and turned to the ninja swinging, "Your reign of terror shall end before it can begin."

The ninja-to emerged soundless and faster than the eye.
    *ching-ching-ching-ching-ching-ching*
    -shlurk-
    "My reign of terror has already begun. But don't worry, Lemonus. I won't over charge you again."
    Slow comprehension dawned as his prey's eyes fell on the six copper coins, "Y-you! I recognize your voice!"
    "Yes, me."

Satisfied with his revenge for tonight, the ninja left. In the morning, investigators would follow his "anonymous" tip carefully pinned to the door with a shuriken and scratch their heads. How does one enter a building that only opens from the inside? He smiled. I guess you would have to ask a Master Ninja to find out.
    Summary:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lemonus was slain by the ninja. His change was returned.

Day 2 Begins and Ends in About 48 Hours
    Thanks to all the players who joined
    June 27 ... July 14, 2011
    July 7 ... July 28, 2012

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: City of Spires - Night 1 Begins

Xan was intently watching an object spin on his counter top. It gave of a copper flash as the sun hit it, slowly losing momentum. The copper coin rattled against the wood, before catching on an uneven crack and stopped dead. "Hum. Well that was mildly entertaining..." He muttered to him self as he grabbed the coin and pocketed it. His store had been sparsely visited today, only three customers the whole day. Most were muttering about the recent ninja attack, how they can be next and so such. Mostly just a Gray day really. Xan honestly thought about shutting down early, and taking the rest of the day off. Most, if not all of his food was bought. Various other essentials were gone as well, which while good for business meant that he would have to wait till the month ended before he could restock. IMageine if all days could be like this. Guess that is one upside to this, good coin. "Meh, I shouldn't complain. May as well close shop, no one else is probably going to show up." He said as he stretched, cracking his back a few times before starting to prep the store for closing.
    Last edited by Xanmyral; 2011-06-30 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Formatting
    Titles, Achievements, and Quotes of Honor
    Spoiler
    Show
    Infernal Teamworker - City of Shadows Wondering if anyone is still checking this...
    Ruler of the City - City of Shadows Hello? Anyone there? PM me if you want the Color Code.
    The Fallen Chessmaster - Center WW I don't really see a reason to get rid of this.
    The Manipulative/The Opaque - Demons WW Its kind of neat.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: City of Spires - Day 2 Begins

Dang. Oh well, at least I got a good narration. And, this the first WW game I've ever died in!

EDIT: And I'm here for autolynch replacements, if you need them!
    Last edited by Lemonus; 2011-07-01 at 06:57 AM.
    Awesome Pony-Chul by slayerx!
    My computer is on the blink. Posting will be affected.
    The endless wisdom that is my extended signature lies here.
    I have Pokemon!

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

GM was trembling in fear. All this commotion with people dying left and right was just too much for a lowly scholar to handle, specially him, that had nerves as hard as glass, thank you very much. He'd stay at the library, where he belonged and didn't even leave in yesterday's commotion. No one ever went there, anyway, expecially now with all the rioting going on.

((@Recaiden: No, I can also do revenge votes, even if it's a day late. ))

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

Another death. A citizen, one she didn't know. Still...something had to be done. Ajadea watched the citizens gather in the square, chanting for someone, anyone, to die. Stupid, really. But if she didn't say something, she'd be lynched herself, perhaps this very night.

Sighing, she put down the now quite cold cup of tea she held cupped in her hands and headed out to join the crowd.

(EagleWiz)
    Last edited by Ajadea; 2011-07-01 at 05:27 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Inspector Eagle was investigating the crime scene, looking for anything out of the ordinary. What type of ninja could bypass locks designed to only open from one side? The answer was obvious. This murder could not have been commited by a normal ninja, it had to be the work of a Ninja Mage! A NinjaGray Mage.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Pixie in the Playground

Lord Tiger listened carefully to the report from one of the spies regarding last nights murder. The citizens where in an uproar they where screaming for blood. Well if they wanted blood let it at least be someones blood that might be guilty... But who? His captain of the guard suddenly enters the room.
    "My Lord a mob is forming outside and they could become dangerous I suggest doubling the guard."
    "Very well... is there anything else captain?" asked the lord in a bored voice.
    "As a matter of fact I have heard that a certain investigator believes that only a Ninja mage known as Gray Mage could've opened that window from the outside." he said in a skeptical tone.
    "Hmm... an interesting theory as unlikely as it may be. Have this Gray Mage followed... perhaps we will find something interesting"
    "At once my Lord" and with a bow the captain left the room.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Banjuro shakes his head, and heads out of the city walls once again, looking forward to another endless day out in the fields. It was quiet there, just cabbages, which never tried to kill anyone. Not that he'd noticed anyway.

"And so it begins. Nobles bicker and everyone else starts to die. It was almost better in the old days when the horselords went to battle to kill each other. That was honourable at least."

Banjuro planted his hoe in the soft earth and began to work the worries and recent happenings out of his mind. It was still easy, but getting harder. Death tended to do that.

((Gray Mage, I had no chance of weaving that into the narration today!))

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn