New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: City of Spires - Day 2 Begins

"That's odd." The odd man mutters as he works on another lot of potions. This time for infestations of weeds. "I swear I had three last night." He adds, looking closely at his rack of jars in-case he mislaid one.

Heh, why he was bothered, he didn't know. The whole lot of suspicion surrounding the assassination of the High Lord made it unlikely there would be many survivors for this debacle. No matter. He would go on as he always had, and the few customers he'd get afterwards he'd treasure.

"Must be here, somewhere along the Gray shelf." He mutters again. That mage had been in here last night, maybe it was that annoying meddler that had made him misplace his third jar.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

A murder was something that always tended to cause uproar in any given society, and although it was by no means nice happenstance it did tend to create business for him. People, expecially nobles, went on to recruit guards in vain hope it would protect them from ninja attack, and those guards usually wanted to drink their fill. And given that Grim owned a tavern, money just seemed to pour in thanks to the recent assassination.

Still, people being killed were a point of concern for him, so for today he had joined the lynch mob gathering inside the Gray wall of the castle, mostly to see what people would do, who they would choose to kill in their search for the elusive ninja.

Whoever did this had to be a real Mage to pull it off..., he thought to himself as he went with the mob, his business put on temporary hold until the lynching of the day had been decided. Well, he could open it again soon... Lynching was demanding his attention for the time being.

((Apologies for absence in Day 1... I was on a trip ))

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

(Sorry for lack of RP, pretty busy right now. Gray Mage. This probably would have resulted in some horrible pun so we're all better off anyway. )

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Minnin Tyja woke from a cheap bed at the inn he was staying in. Once again, for the hundredth time, he regretted his decision to trust the salesman from Very General Goods. The contractors said his home wouldn't be ready for nearly a month, all the fire damage really is hard to repair. On the bright side, however, Minnin was pretty sure that his pest problem was solved.

He dressed and made his way down stairs and ordered a cheap breakfast from the man behind the bar. As he ate someone sat next to him and said, "Hey! You're Minnin Tyja, right?" Not being able to refute the claim, Minnin merely nodded his head. "Y'know they were looking for you last night, right? something about your name made them think of a mint flavored ninja or some sort."

"Heh, that's kinda clever... No! Wait, I'm not a ninja! I swear!" In his panic Minnin attracted a small crowd of onlookers.

"There's a tree in town square..." one man mumbled as he fondled a rope he was carrying.

"There are more of us than him... even if he was part of the ninjas," another agreed.

"Wait, ninjas? Who in their right mind pluralizes ninja?"

"Are you saying the plural for ninja is ninja? Are you daft?"

"Don't you be callin' me daft, damn you!"

As the argument of the two men escalated and became a bit of a bar brawl, Minnin paid his tab and quietly walked away. No need to attempt stealth, for one thing he was no good at it, and for another the brawl was loud enough.

As he exited the premises a wagon rolled down the street carrying a veritable host of musicians and instruments. Seeing a free ride, Minnin hopped on "Grayson's Musical Pilgrimage"

5. - Top - End - #65
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Send a few of our men. The people have spoken. This Gray Mage has the people's ire. Show my support of the people will and try to keep things orderly if he resists."
    Last edited by Low-Key; 2011-07-01 at 04:13 PM.
    "Dinner should be logical" - Jon

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

After a good night's sleep and a delicious breakfast, Balthasar Grimm was feeling pretty optimistic. Sure, he'd ended up in the middle of yet another political squabble, but this wasn't like back in Linley. Here he had no political ties. Heck he didn't have ties to anyone. He could probably just lead a simple life, going about his business as normal. Maybe even do some tourism.

With these hopeful notions in his head, he headed into town, humming a little tune to himself. But when he started nearing the town square, his cheerful mood vanished. There in the square, the citizens had begun to form a lynch mob. They were brandishing pitchforks and knives and all manner of other weapons and they were working themselves into a bloodlust.

"An innocent citizen, killed! We want retribution! The ninjas must pay!" an old man shouted angrily.

"You know, that Gray Mage always seemed suspicious to me..." said another. "It ain't natural, keepin' yerself cooped up in a library away from everyone!"

"Yeah! Maybe he's a ninja! Let's kill him and see how he likes it."

Grimm let out a wistful sigh. So much for life going on as usual.
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

The young woman sighed. Everyone else was screaming for the blood of some gray-robed, mage. There was danger in voicing any other opinion. So she took up the cry, and unless you knew her well, no one could have seen that she didn't care if this man lived or died.

(EagleWiz)
    Last edited by Ajadea; 2011-07-01 at 04:42 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

<Pssst...Your supposed to cross out the vote in your original post.>

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

The man looked around bewildered, and said, "As if assassins, ninja, bodyguards, spies, and healers wasn't enough, now there's a mage also? This city really needs to get in shape. I guess we can start with getting rid of that Gray Mage."

Quote Originally Posted by MintyNinja View Post
    As he exited the premises a wagon rolled down the street carrying a veritable host of musicians and instruments. Seeing a free ride, Minnin hopped on "Grayson's Musical Pilgrimage"
    That one made me laugh.
    Avatar of Yoshimo by Trazoi. WW Banner by Elder Tsofu.

Trophies and Titles
    Spoiler
    Show
    Protecting the Guilty/I Survived the City of the Drifter(City of Darkness)
    Bringer of Chaos/Last Assassin Standing/Werewolf Finder/Oops! (City of Shadows)
    (Shape-shifters 2)
    (Bombs Away Heat 2)

10. - Top - End - #70
    Onime-no-Enishi
    Guest in the Playground

Sorry that i missed the first day =X had been really busy with work, and i apologize for the lack of RP too, coz well, i play at work and wont have the time to do more than speed-read and then simple posting.

That said, i came at the time where theres already a wagon going so ill just jump on while i continue to read up on the previous posts:
    Gray Mage

11. - Top - End - #71
    Halfling in the Playground

Beholder

Day 2 Ends

It was a beautiful day in the City of Spires. The sun shone bright and clear. A hot air balloon drifted by with a llama from Llama Land. The nobles watched carefully from the Spires. No doubt the traveler was unaware of the problems the City of Spires was experiencing. The llama waved at the workers suspended by ropes on the sides of the orange stone towers who were busily scrubbing it to maintain its color. Peasants carefully worked their cabbage crops but store owners closed early to take advantage of a good day. To be sure, all were being watched carefully, but an innocent Townsfolk had nothing to fear...

Meanwhile, Gray Mage sat quietly in the Library. It was always peaceful in the library - no sounds to jangle his nerves. Even low murmurs were quietly shushed by the assistant librarian before they could reach conversation level. Gray Mage never left the library even on days as nice as this. His studies and his nerves were too important.
    …
    *turns page*
    …
    *jots down a note*
    …
    Quote Originally Posted by Excerpts from History of the Spires
    …at the time. No one knew where the Spires had come from, but they marveled that it was the hallmark of a once great civilization. People moved in and began to re-inhabit the mostly intact buildings. The location of the City was ideal for trade and it wasn't long before the Kings of lands near and far began to look in its direction.
    Dozens of rulers laid claim to the City and several wars were fought before a council was convened and the complicated laws of succession drawn up. The laws were deliberately vague and allowed multiple valid claims to be made because…
    -
    The library door flew open with a bang as the angry mob stormed the library. Gray Mage jumped nearly a foot in his chair as his glass nerves shattered.
    "WHERE IS THE GRAY MAGE!" the crowd bellowed. Such volume as emitted by this rabble had not been heard in the library since… since ever as far as anyone knew.
    Instead of shushing the mob, the pallid assistant librarian pointed a shaking finger at Gray Mage who lay slumped over his half-read book.

By the time the mob reached him, he was dead.

Summary:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gray Mage's delicate nerves were shattered by a loud, angry lynch mob. He was a Villager.

In Danger of AutoLynch:
    {table]Missed 1 Day
    Tilt
    TheLaughingMan
    Lord Loss
    Recaiden[/table]
    Multivoters: N/A
    Night 2 Begins Now and Ends in About 24 Hours
    Last edited by Rules Lawyer #1; 2011-07-02 at 10:22 AM.
    Thanks to all the players who joined
    June 27 ... July 14, 2011
    July 7 ... July 28, 2012

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: City of Spires - Night 2

Wow, an unnanimous lynch, that's a first. I guess I should take that as a compliment or something? >.>

Btw, really liked the narration. That's right, don't give them the satisfaction of lynching me.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Pixie in the Playground

Awaking after sundown, Lord Chiruto resolves to have the servant responsible for sounding the gong executed.

Reading the reports of the day's proceedings, his fear of the ninja is briefly overshadowed by fear of the singleminded bloodthirstiness of ordinary City of Spires residents. After attending to business matters that are customarily attended to after dark, he goes back to sleep cradling his favourite comfort wakizashi.

(Sorry, guys, I was pretty busy moving. Allies, please rest assured I'm still in the game, enemies, please pay me no attention and assume I'll be autolynched soon enough.)

14. - Top - End - #74
    Halfling in the Playground

Beholder

Night 2 Ends
    Minnin Tyja found himself riding Grayson's Musical Pilgrimage to a performance being held at one of the Spires. Mistaking him for a performer, the guards herded Minnin Tyja inside before he could protest:
    "Not a word. You're late!"
    "Hurry up!"
    "Stop dilly dallying and get inside" *shove*
    Minnin Tyja was practically thrown inside.
    Inside, the nobility were gathered at an official dinner in which they were forced to exchange polite pleasantries. Among the nobles, Lord Tiger, Lord Chiruto, and Lord Low-Key stood out, because they were the only ones not doting upon others. Each stood in his own portion of the large room never approaching one another while greeting the dignitaries, courtiers, and lesser nobility that swarmed about. The trained eye would be able to discern how various groups were subtly aligned with one lord or another, but … not the untrained one.
    Grayson's Musical Pilgrimage began setting up and Minnin Tyja was pressed into service as the entourage handed him items to carry. Minnin Tyja's initial protest drew the eyes of a few of the guards, so he piped down and helped out. By and by, Minnin Tyja found himself munching hors d'oeuvres, drinking fine wine, and enjoying the performance.

"That group sure has journeyed a great distance to perform here, haven't they?"
    "Aren't they awesome? I wish I could accompany them on their pilgrimage!"
    "Hmmm...."

After the performance was over, Minnin Tyja was approached by Grayson himself, "You've been a real help mate and we want you to accompany us on our tour." The beautiful doll next to Grayson winked. "What do you say?"
    Minnin Tyja thought about the charred remains of his home and the cheap hotel he was staying at. He had the opportunity of a lifetime here! "Absolutely!"
    "We leave right now for a gig in Ireland!"

A figure from the shadows looked on. Excellent! His secret plan to remove Minnin Tyra was working. He had noticed Minnin Tyja's intrusion at the party and his fascination with this particular musical group. It had been a small matter to arrang for Grayson to take Minnin Tyja along. Now Minnin Tyja (aka The MintyNinja) would no longer be a threat to Lord Chiruto's reign.

Meanwhile,
    the ninja in black pursued his elusive prey...
    It began with a pleasure cruise through eel infested waters. The ninja in black decided to allow his ship to be seen on the clear black water under the full moon.

The target hastened his return to the City where he hopped aboard one of the contraptions used by Spire scrubbers and ascended to the top of a Spire. Waving to the ninja in black, he suppressed a smirk. The ninja in black followed by scaling the Spire by hand. His target waited at the top of the Spire with a drawn sword of exquisite craftsman ship, "Ha, ha!" *thrust*
    But the ninja in black flipped to his feet and drew his ninja-to with a speed that took his opponent by surprise*. Using the speed of the shorter ninja-to, the ninja in black deftly deflected his opponent's rapid attacks despite being wearied.

The target moved in until their swords met in a bind, "Ha! Let us test your strength directly then! Ha, ha!" and he grabbed the ninja in black's arm. Locked in a grapple, they stumbled towards the edge of the Spire… the ninja in black gave way, using his opponent's strength against him and they both fell. The target slid across the roof of the Spire, his finely crafted weapon went over the edge - lost to the night. The ninja in black stood and approached.

"Wait! I can offer you money! Yes? Ha, ha! Or… or… a battle of wits!" The ninja in black stopped. "Yes. Yes! Ha, ha! A battle of wits. Ha, ha! Winner takes all! He, he, he…"

"Good, then pour the wine." Wine? On a Spire rooftop? At night? How it had gotten there was anybody's guess. Perhaps, a noble left it there. Perhaps, the Spire scrubbers were drinking a few when the nobles weren't looking. Certainly a Master Ninja couldn't have arranged for the wine and goblets to be there. That would be inconceivable. But pour the target did - into two conveniently located goblets.
    And so TheLaughingMan died happy.

*For, although a ninja-to is the weapon a ninja is thought to have carried, there is no historical evidence for it. Quite surprising.

Summary:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Minty Ninja left the City of Spires with Grayson's Musical Pilgrimage. This was secretly arranged by Tilt's Assassin.

TheLaughingMan was assassinated by the ninja. He died laughing.

Day 3 Begins and Ends in About 48 Hours
    Last edited by Rules Lawyer #1; 2011-07-03 at 11:28 AM.
    Thanks to all the players who joined
    June 27 ... July 14, 2011
    July 7 ... July 28, 2012

15. - Top - End - #75
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: City of Spires - Day 3

Lord Chiruto awoke with an uncomfortable awareness that there was a figure dressed entirely in black, wielding a vicious-looking dagger, standing by his bedside. An assassin. In this city, if you were just careless enough leave your window open -- one thousand feet above the ground -- one night, they would slip right in. This was exactly why he had a comfort wakizashi.

For a few moments he waited for the right moment to strike, but he quickly decided that that moment would be "as soon as possible, while he was still alive" and lashed out wildly, cutting his bedclothes to shreds in the process. The black-clad figure took a stepped nimbly backward, effortlessly dodging the blow, and bowed neatly.

It was at this point that Lord Chiruto noticed that the figure, though indeed an assassin, was his assassin. Sheathing his sword and nodding lightly in acknowledgement, he resolved to say nothing and, if asked, pretend that he had just been testing his retainer's reflexes. "You have news for me, my most loyal of servants?"

The figure approached Chiruto silently, bowed down, and whispered something in his ear. Then, without another word, and with the flair for the theatrical much appreciated in City of Spires assassins, it slipped out of sight behind him and made a hasty but (no doubt) graceful exit through the window.

Spurred to action by the assassin's words, Chiruto sounded the gong himself to call his servants, and began shouting orders to them as they swarmed into the room. "Servants! We have reasons to believe that the villager known as Tydude is, in fact, no mere villager, but the leader of the ninja uprising! Send messengers to all the noble houses bringing this news -- for once, I believe we all have a common interest."

"And what's more, make this publicly known. If the City is only half as restless and half as merciless today as it was towards that poor villager yesterday I believe we shall have this problem hanging from a noose before sundown, even without any direct involvement from the houses."

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Damn. RP'd myself right out of the game. Good luck everyone.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tilt View Post
    "Servants! We have reasons to believe that the villager known as Tydude is, in fact, no mere villager, but the leader of the ninja uprising!
    Wait, what? Why do you say this? Because your assassin told you? That makes no sense. The spy is the one who can check roles, and it says the Master Ninja reads as Townsfolk anyway. You or your assassin made a mistake somehow, unless I'm missing something.
    Avatar of Yoshimo by Trazoi. WW Banner by Elder Tsofu.

Trophies and Titles
    Spoiler
    Show
    Protecting the Guilty/I Survived the City of the Drifter(City of Darkness)
    Bringer of Chaos/Last Assassin Standing/Werewolf Finder/Oops! (City of Shadows)
    (Shape-shifters 2)
    (Bombs Away Heat 2)

18. - Top - End - #78
    Pixie in the Playground

The Master Ninja is immune to assassination. You survived something you shouldn't have.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Firbolg in the Playground

Tilt has little reason to lie here, except to kill a bodyguard perhaps, but that might well sway public opinion against him.

So let us say Tydude. There is no place for ninja in this city.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

(Will RP and vote later. Anyway, wait... So Tilt has two assassins? ... *Cough* ... Do all nobles have two assassins...?)
    Titles, Achievements, and Quotes of Honor
    Spoiler
    Show
    Infernal Teamworker - City of Shadows Wondering if anyone is still checking this...
    Ruler of the City - City of Shadows Hello? Anyone there? PM me if you want the Color Code.
    The Fallen Chessmaster - Center WW I don't really see a reason to get rid of this.
    The Manipulative/The Opaque - Demons WW Its kind of neat.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Pixie in the Playground

I have only one assassin, but there have been two nights.

Also, please note that I had suspicions this strong about any faction power role, I could just have had them night-killed. Bodyguards are not immune to assassination. The only possible alternative to Tydude being the Master Ninja is that someone arranged for him to be baned by the single, neutral, Healer night one.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

((There's only one Healer? Well I've got no issue with Tydude for the lynch.)

Once again a crow brought him a letter, meant for someone else surely, detailing recent events. One of the nobles believed he had found the Master Ninja? Well that would be a bit too quick to have any real confidence in but nevertheless was interesting. He fed the crow some bread as a reward for its good work.

Happy he needn't go out again any time soon he began working on some potions. He wasn't quite sure what the result would be. He made sure to set up a magical circle around himself in case of an explosion or poisonous fumes. You never could be too careful when throwing random mystical ingredients together just to see what you'd get.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground

Balthasar Grimm was sitting by himself at a tavern near the inn where he was staying. The continuous furtive glanses in his direction were really starting to get on his nerves, not to mention the fact that all the political gossip always seemed to turn into whispered murmuring wherever he went, but he jast sat sipping on his drink and enjoying his meal. After all, he didn't blame them. Everyone was suspicious enough as it was, so of course no one was going to trust an obvious foreigner.

His thoughts were interrupted by the sudden emptiness of his drink."Can I get a refill on this?" he asked the barmaid.

"Sure, I'll get right on that, sir"

"Thanks. And can you make it to-go?" He had just about had enough of the suspicious glares, and was ready to go enjoy his meal in peace, but just as he was getting up to leave, a man wearing the emblem and colors of one of the nobles burst in.

"I have important news from Lord Chiruto. He has it on good authority that a man named Tydude is the ninja behind the recent assassination of the Lord Ruler!

The murmers rose to excited chatter. Grimm sure hoped it was true. If this ninja were killed, that would mean the end of all this annoying suspicion.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Bugbear in the Playground

Blasc's workshop was all aclutter, he had lost all track of where one potion started, and where they ended. The ingredients were all a mess. Ever since the attack of the ninja had been confirmed, Blasc had taken to cowering in his workshop, and had set up all sorts of traps.

Surely even a Master-Ninja couldn't get through the defenses he'd worked on. And even if he did, Blasc would be ready... He still cowered, wondering how quickly he'd die when the ninja came, when he suddenly heard a relieving shout from the streets. The Master Ninja has been found? YES! If this news is true, then we can just kill him, then I can go back to work, selling my wares without fear!

It would be exultation time, and if this Tydude was indeed the ninja, then Lord Chirato might be the Lord that would be best suited for Lord of the Spires!
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

25. - Top - End - #85
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

(no time for rp Tydude )
    "Dinner should be logical" - Jon

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

No RP or logic from me either, long weekend.

Tydude, because all the cool kids are doing it, and I can see Tilt's reasoning for the initial point.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

27. - Top - End - #87
    Pixie in the Playground

No time for rp today unfortunately so I'm gonna point at Tydude (everybody is doing it!) for now and if I get the chance before the day ends I might rp and change my vote.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Onime-no-Enishi
    Guest in the Playground

ill trust tilt for now: Tydude
    no reason for him to lie.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

I was writing a rp post earlier today, but since network ate it just as I finished it, all my work was lost. Thus, I am just going to follow the public opinion and go for Tydude. The rp posts will return next day

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

No time to RP, I've been busy recently, sorry.

Tydude
    Bienvenue Au Kébec !!!
    Improve Kébec's Industry!
    Improve Kébec's Transport!
    Improve Kébec's Security!

My Trophies!

Spoiler
    Show

Also, if anyone has any sort of problem at all that they feel like talking about, my PM box is open.