New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: City of Spires - Night 3

Yay! My first ever werewolf game win, and my first ever survey!

Did you enjoy the game?
    I had a lot of fun with this game. Being on the winning side didn't hurt of course () but seriously it was fun to be part of a team and the strategizing and such was fun and interesting.

Did you like your role?
    I loved my role. Not only did I enjoy being the only living assassin and making some game winning kills for Tilt's team's crushing victory, I loved my role in the narration. And as I mentioned above, being part of a team made the game really enjoyable.

Did you enjoy the narration?
    It was some of the best darn narration I've ever seen.

Do you have any suggestions to improve the game?
    I personally liked the game a lot the way it was.

Would you play again?
    Heck yeah.

Also, here's the link to the Tilt Faction quick topic now that the game is over.
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Dwarf in the Playground

Did you enjoy the game?
    It was fun while I was alive even though I never roleplayed.

Did you like your role?
    Being the Master Ninja sounded awesome, but I didn't get to do much.

They were very good. Nice job.

There needs to be a town role that can survive assassinations also so you don't know if somebody survives they're automatically the master ninja. With 3 assassins out there it's way too hard for the Master Ninja.

Would you play again?
    I'd like to try again.

Also, when I said you guys got insanely lucky, I was talking specifically about Tilt. Not only did he randomly pick me out to assassinate night one, I also killed both of the other assassins with my 2 kills, basically securing the game victory for him.
    Last edited by Tydude; 2011-07-14 at 03:33 PM.
    Avatar of Yoshimo by Trazoi. WW Banner by Elder Tsofu.

Trophies and Titles
    Spoiler
    Show
    Protecting the Guilty/I Survived the City of the Drifter(City of Darkness)
    Bringer of Chaos/Last Assassin Standing/Werewolf Finder/Oops! (City of Shadows)
    (Shape-shifters 2)
    (Bombs Away Heat 2)

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Did you enjoy the game?
    I did, despite getting assassinated for my name

Did you like your role?
    My role was enjoyable enough, but there just never felt like enough time to really get into the game.

The narration was great, you incorporated most of the smallest details that we roleplayed into something much bigger. Well done.

It may be just me, but with the possibility of 4 kills a night, you may need a larger player list for all these assassins.

Would you play again?
    Yes, definitely.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Did you enjoy the game?

I loved it!

Did you like your role?

Being a villager is never great, but I felt that I had more of an input than villagers do in most games, and the game still managed to keep me engaged and interested, more so than being a villager usually does.

Some of the best narrations I've ever seen. Seriously, these rocked. Especially the one where I got to hunt someone down. I like how you incorporate IC posts into the narration.

Hmm... I like it the way it is, actually. Although more players (because five kills per day night phase is a lot) would be nice.

Would you play again?

You'd better believe it! I can't wait for the next one.
    Bienvenue Au Kébec !!!
    Improve Kébec's Industry!
    Improve Kébec's Transport!
    Improve Kébec's Security!

My Trophies!

Spoiler
    Show

Also, if anyone has any sort of problem at all that they feel like talking about, my PM box is open.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MintyNinja View Post
    Did you enjoy the game?
    I did, despite getting assassinated for my name
    Actually, I killed you because my random number generator told me to.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

Did you enjoy the game?
    I most certainly did!

Did you like your role?
    *shrug* It's certainly a role that's necessary for the game, means I'm more likely to be baned, and beats being a villager hands down, so yeah. Also I thought it was pretty amusing the be a wizard bodyguard (who better at protecting someone than a guy who can teleport right?).

I really did. The fact that you included stuff we said was great.

Well Tydude's suggestion of a assassination proof villager isn't bad. It seems like there needs to be some mechanic for villagers wanting to declare loyalty at any point except for the last day.

Would you play again?
    Yup!

7. - Top - End - #157
    Pixie in the Playground

Wow, we were absolutely unbelievably lucky here -- Tydude killed the other two assassins with his first two random kills, and after that we knew enough to lynch him. It was fun, though. Got tense at the end, first a chaotic day and then discussions on the QT about the hard choices we'd have to make if we didn't win today.

Did you enjoy the game?
    Of course We may have been helped greatly by luck in winning, but we had fun getting there.

Did you like your role?
    Definitely. Being a noble was a lot of fun because it left me free to to openly network and plot -- "staying under the radar", which is boring anyway, is not an option.

Yes, excellent stuff. Like Lord Loss I appreciated your taking various RP posts and building on them.

The Master Ninja role needs to be fixed. Being immune to assassination is not much of an advantage in this game. My suggestion: replace the master ninja with two "elder ninja" who know each other from the start of the game. Don't give them immunity to assassination. (I'm not sure whether the disguising ability should also be tweaked -- it seems like in almost all situations it'd be ideal to scry as townsfolk?)

Obviously, in this game it was very odd that two of the assassins died so early, but I think that was just freakish luck, not a game balance problem. It might be an idea to introduce a mechanic to handle this sort of situation better, though. Perhaps there should be some sort of win condition where two factions can achieve a lesser win together, like shared wins in Diplomacy? I think a rule along those lines would encourage two weaker factions to gang up on the last one even if circumstances allow one faction to gain an upper hand.

Would you play again?
    Yep.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Bugbear in the Playground

Did you enjoy the game?

Yes, lots of fun juggling three different loyalties. Yes, Ramsus was quite correct in that I mass sent it. I was sure he was your follower early, I already voiced my suspicions about Recaiden being either TigerFang's or Tilt's.

Did you like your role?

Much better than being a Wolf, if most sides want you alive and loyal, then it can be brilliantly fun. Being the only Baner in the game also meant that I was rather needed.

Loved how RP posts got their way into the Narrations. Good Job there. I'm happy to say that I'd love to co-narrate with you some day.

The Master Ninja's ability makes him an obvious target if he gets hit. And the fact that no-one decided to ask me to Bane Tydude meant that for me at least, it was obvious. Not sure on how to balance this though...

Would you play again?

Certainly. And hope I get the same role as well.

Side Note:
    Working out roles is the most interesting thing there is, you know. Here was what I'd 'worked out' and it's funny to read my suspicions. Pasted from my text file:

Ramsus, Tilt? Seems to be acting in such a manner.
    Ajadea, Tilt again? Loyalty seems to be indicated.
    Recaiden, Tilt or TigerFang, tending towards TigerFang from recent actions.
    Lord Loss, Possible Townsfolk. Or very good Faction member.
    Grim Ranger, No clue.
    Lemonus, Not TigerFang's or Tilts. Ninja possibly killed Low-Key Faction member, more likely Townsfolk
    TheLaughingMan, Not Tilt's, possibly Townsfolk/TigerFang's/Low-Key's
    Onime-No-Enishi, Townsfolk? Seems somewhat likely ATM.
    Xanmyral, Not Tilt's, possibilities are open.
    MintyNinja, Faction Member, probably more likely Low-Key's than anyone else.
    Banjo, Not sure.... Townsfolk read.
    TheGrimmace, Faction Member? TigerFang's or Tilt's. Recent actions tend towards Tilt.

I didn't put notes for the lynched people, as their roles were obvious.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

9. - Top - End - #159
    Dwarf in the Playground

Looking back on it, once I got found I should have tried to team up with Low-Key and TigerFang. They might have accepted my help considering they both didn't have assassins. I tried teaming up with Tilt and was obviously shut down. I don't know why I didn't try the others.

Trophies and Titles
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Shape-shifters 2)
    (Bombs Away Heat 2)

10. - Top - End - #160
    Barbarian in the Playground

Did you enjoy the game?
    For what I played, yes.

Did you like your role?
    Yes, although I didn't get to use it.

Loved it.

None.

Would you play again?
    Totally!

I also have a question for the ninja: What made me a Night One Kill target?
    Awesome Pony-Chul by slayerx!
    My computer is on the blink. Posting will be affected.
    The endless wisdom that is my extended signature lies here.
    I have Pokemon!

11. - Top - End - #161
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey, I was wondering if either of the other teams would be nice enough to share their quick topics as well, now that the game is over. Pretty please?

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Heh, I didn't retract my vote for bladescape because I thought it'd make it obvious that I was a part of Lord Tiger's group.

Gotta admit though, this game was tormented by luck. Two out of three assassins get taken out in the first days, pretty brutal.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Firbolg in the Playground

Did you enjoy the game?
    Yeah. It was neat.

Did you like your role?
    No. I was hoping to get anything but the bodyguard. He's completely dependent on his Lord, while the other two can at least do something useful.

It was brilliant.

Fewer loyal followers for each leader, perhaps not all the same ones.

Would you play again?
    Probably.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #164
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonus View Post
    I also have a question for the ninja: What made me a Night One Kill target?
    The random number generator.

Trophies and Titles
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Shape-shifters 2)
    (Bombs Away Heat 2)

15. - Top - End - #165
    Onime-no-Enishi
    Guest in the Playground

Ah, RnG, the deadliest tool for assassins xD

Did you enjoy the game?
    Definitely, even though i was rather busy IRL xD

Did you like your role?
    Being a seer is rather important =3 so i definitely enjoyed it.

It was great, best ive seen so far.

Hmmm, a way to make villagers want to declare loyalty early, not right at the very end where its obvious which lord is going to win.

Would you play again?
    Yeap

16. - Top - End - #166
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Onime-no-Enishi View Post
    Hmmm, a way to make villagers want to declare loyalty early, not right at the very end where its obvious which lord is going to win.
    You might give the ninja a benefit for not claiming loyalty; that way anyone who waits to declare becomes a likely candidate for lynch.

Or just give the villagers something extra (maybe lord-dependant; Lord Chiruto's followers each get an extra vote, Lord Tiger's followers are harder to kill, etc.)

17. - Top - End - #167
    Dwarf in the Playground

I hope you all enjoyed the game! So please tell me what you think:
    Did you enjoy the game? - Overall it was quite fun, even some of my RP was put into the narration.
    Did you like your role? - I was a villager, so it was a meh. Nothing much to really say. The aspect of declaring loyalty was interesting, but it wasn't used much.
    Did you enjoy the narration? - Yes. I was surprised, and happy, that some of what I RP'ed was put in the narration, so I thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Do you have any suggestions to improve the game? - Make the Master Ninja harder to find. The suggestion to split the role in two, and make them assassinate-able was a good one. Making it to where townsfolk can win with the ninja would be interesting, as it could throw the game in a loop. Change the bodyguard role as well. Make it to where they can declare who they are protecting from night kills, so they have a use even if their noble is killed. Could also set up for some awesome back stabs if a ninja could somehow influence them.
    Would you play again? - Definitely.
    Titles, Achievements, and Quotes of Honor
    Spoiler
    Show
    Infernal Teamworker - City of Shadows Wondering if anyone is still checking this...
    Ruler of the City - City of Shadows Hello? Anyone there? PM me if you want the Color Code.
    The Fallen Chessmaster - Center WW I don't really see a reason to get rid of this.
    The Manipulative/The Opaque - Demons WW Its kind of neat.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

Xanmyral, I like that Bodyguard idea. That way if they're a ninja they're still adding something to the team. Of course this basically makes them a baner. But that would just make the amount of baners to NKs even so I don't really see it as a problem. Though might want to add in a town seer as well at that point.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sorta banners. They are more martyr banners, because if the person they are protecting gets night killed, they would get night killed instead. Turning them into faction banners would work too.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Infernal Teamworker - City of Shadows Wondering if anyone is still checking this...
    Ruler of the City - City of Shadows Hello? Anyone there? PM me if you want the Color Code.
    The Fallen Chessmaster - Center WW I don't really see a reason to get rid of this.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm the martyr idea certainly works and keeps the villager baner valuable. Assuming the Bodyguard doesn't die when he takes the hit from the protected target while he's being baned.

If you turn them into faction baners then they can't side as well with the ninja and bane ninja instead. Then again they'd probably rather just bane their team's assassin or spy anyway. So yeah, whether you turn them into faction baners or not they'd pretty much only bane their own teammates anyway. Unless they were down to just themselves and their lord I guess. Which is when they'd most want to switch to team ninja a wish they could bane one of them. So I'd say not making them faction only baners is better.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Dwarf in the Playground

With the martyr banner, it keeps the fluff of the role as well as lets them be useful in the case of their noble being lynched.

If we assume that future games go similar to this, perhaps the ninja master(s) needs to double as a spy? The(y) can scry roles and decide on NK's. My guess is that future games will probably be, first, a ninja hunt. Which probably won't end until all the ninja are killed. So, that would be four factions(Noble 1, 2, 3, and the townsfolk), three spies, and three NK'ers against the ninja. Other then this, I really don't have any more suggestions. Overall it was a nice game.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Did you enjoy the game?
    It was okay, but a few kinks need to be ironed out I think. I couldn't devote as much time to it as I'd have liked because I had overloaded myself with games.

Did you like your role?
    Yeah, being a seer is quite good in this game, because for once you KNOW you can trust your scries straight off.

Good stuff, and one time too, which is important. The roleplay that went on was also quite nice, if a little low on inter-player interaction.

Bodyguards are a little helpless, they just have to lie low and hope, they can't really affect the game. I'd make them a general baner with the ability to protect one person on their team per night. That way it brings some tactics and interactivity into their play.

The ninja also need something to help their cause a bit, though I'm not sure what. Some benefit to declaring loyalty, as others have said, is paramount, because at the moment there is no reason to do so until one noble is clearly going to win. Maybe when the assassin kills someone, the narration shouldn't say which noble house the assassin is from? At the end of this game it was clear that Tilt held all the cards and had the only night kill, so the villagers had no choice. If Tigerfang had been able to argue a case for them being HIS night kills, it may have been a bit less an obvious outcome.

Would you play again?

Of course, with a few tweaks. Also, I think this set-up would work better with a higher number of players, which I know was originally your intention. Now you've proven yourself to be a reliable and creative narrator (Funny narrations, days and night ending on time, what's not to like?), I think you could run this again and get enough players to add a fourth noble house. That would change the dynamics of the game somewhat, I think.

Grimmace, I would post our QT, but there's no point. Low-Key couldn't acces the QT for some reason, so what communication there was went through PM. Our QT contained the grand total of 6 posts, two of them from narrators.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

23. - Top - End - #173
    Pixie in the Playground

Making the faction night kills blind sounds like a great idea to me. That's how I thought it would work before we made our first kill.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Pixie in the Playground

Yeah that would be great... especially since I lost both my assassin and spy on the same night... I was surprised I lasted so long after that... But it was inevitable that tilt would win since I had lost half my loyal followers before I even had a chance to use them.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

I agree with blind faction kills. As it is now the game feels like rocket tag. Whichever faction takes out the other assassins first wins.
    Last edited by Lord Loss; 2011-07-15 at 06:52 PM.
    Bienvenue Au Kébec !!!
    Improve Kébec's Industry!
    Improve Kébec's Transport!
    Improve Kébec's Security!

My Trophies!

Spoiler
    Show

Also, if anyone has any sort of problem at all that they feel like talking about, my PM box is open.