New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default What would be the awesome-est OotS comic?

Basically, I want people to describe what they think would be the awesome-est OotS comic/story arc (not one already made in OotS, in case I'm not clear).

Personally, anything including a killer spork would make my day. (read my signature to fully understand)

Maybe some weird one-off character finds the spork, uses it to help the order, then the power corrupts him and he tries to control the world, then realises how evil he has become and sacrifices himself to destroy the spork.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think I just failed a spot check.
    ... And a listen check

Spoiler
    Show
    Don't worry about it now,
    worry about it when needs to be worried about...

... WHEN IT'S TOO LATE TOO DO ANYTHING!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

Laeranu Tarnomin
    The Elf Sorceror

Awesome elf sorcerer avatar by fizzybobnewt

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: What would be the awesome-est OotS comic?

If you are trying to appeal to Rich to get him to do a comic on that...it won't work. Besides, if you already know how the strip will go, what would be the point of the Giant making it and claiming it was an original strip?

3. - Top - End - #3

yuk Re: What would be the awesome-est OotS comic?

I know that Rich will never make the comic, or probably any comic put up here. And what would be the point of it if he did make it, well it would be soooo funny (well I think so anyway)

I just think that this is a good idea and would appreciate it if you keep your criticisms to yourself!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    ... And a listen check

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Laeranu Tarnomin
    The Elf Sorceror

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

confused Re: What would be the awesome-est OotS comic?

I think the aweesomest OotS strip would be one that Rich thinks of. It's worked so far...

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Laeranu View Post
    I just think that this is a good idea and would appreciate it if you keep your criticisms to yourself!
    Yeah, unfortunately that's not how it works. You're allowed to ask questions.

And as said, nothing we say will ever be made, so... kinda pointless subject, in my humble opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    MAJOR SPOILERS. Seriously!
    The last panel will be...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Black. 'The End' in white text.

Don't say I didn't warn you.
    I won a thread. Am I pathetic to list that in my signture? Yes. Of course I am.

Awesome avatar is awesome. And made by yldenfrei.

6. - Top - End - #6

smile Re: What would be the awesome-est OotS comic?

Ah well, it seems yet another epic fail on my part

sorry about that 127ben, in a bit of a bad mood, and my patience isn't great at the best of times
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    ... And a listen check

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Laeranu Tarnomin
    The Elf Sorceror

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Redcloak stumbles on V in the shower, revealing gender. They make out. Turning on the lights, the MitD is there, revealing to be Snorlax. With the Revive potion, he brings Miko back to life (as a blackguard) who fights an epic battle against purple and green. Just as she is about to end them both, O-chul comes in, rips off his shirt and turns the room into a neutron star. Everyone but him is crushed in the horrible density. He then goes and strangles Xykon to life with the Snarl. Crushing them up into a stew, he shares it with the MitD, who he brought back with sheer willpower (no squid or babies). They both live awesomely ever after. Oh, and Elan keeps the whistle. The end.

Crap, now he won't do this.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

"Billy? You're driving the spork into your leg."

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Trying to let Roy know that the Linear Guild is back, Elan casts an illusion on Thog, making him look like Nale. Of course, Roy has been suppressing the urge to beat the crud out of somebody who looked exactly like him for a long, long time.

Chasing after Elan, Sabine realizes that she can't resist his edgy "good guy" charms, and casually kills Nale.

Belkar breaks out to find Mr. Scruffy, and is soon wearing a wolfskin coat. He also makes Yukyuk's skull into a cake platter. Being a gourmet cook, he properly decorates it.

Vaarsuvius says, "Is that a doily?" These four words, said for all the wrong reasons, lead him/her to understanding the doily as a source of ultimate cosmic power. With this power, she/he finds and destroys Xykon's phylactery.

Haley recovers, and makes out with Tsukiko, as recommended.

Roy meets Xykon once again, but this time, the Order is with him. Durkon provides the buffs, but is himself killed in the battle, having been blasted by Xykon into a tree. The Sexy Shoeless God of War and Roy combine to defeat Xykon. Roy dies at the same time, and in lieu of paradise, is given a picture of his father's face when Eugene first heard that Roy was going up but he wasn't.

With ultimate arcane power, Vaarsuvius flies to the Snarl, and reshapes it into a giant script, which reads, "Guess what spell I cast before re-shaping the Snarl, halfling?" Belkar looks up, reads the Snarl, and dies from the ensuing explosion, and the words themselves (and therefore the snarl) disappear forever. The explosion throws Durkon's body all the way to the dwarven homelands, posthumously.

Elan and Tarquin have a final epic battle, in which Elan finally defeats him in a properly story-driven way. The Empress of Blood tells Elan to strike down his father and take his place by her side, but Tarquin kills her, dying in the process. Elan begins singing a song about the epic battle between Elan and the Empress, in which Tarquin appears only once, in a single quick mention as one of the Empress's flunkies. In the pullback, we see Tarquin's long-lost sled Rosebud.

On his way home with Haley and Haley's dad, Elan complains that without his best buddy Roy, he didn't really get a happy ending. Haley tries to cheer him up, but Elan is inconsolable.

The final panel reveals that on the road in front of them, they are about to find a whistle.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    Trying to let Roy know that the Linear Guild is back, Elan casts an illusion on Thog, making him look like Nale. Of course, Roy has been suppressing the urge to beat the crud out of somebody who looked exactly like him for a long, long time.

Chasing after Elan, Sabine realizes that she can't resist his edgy "good guy" charms, and casually kills Nale.

Belkar breaks out to find Mr. Scruffy, and is soon wearing a wolfskin coat. He also makes Yukyuk's skull into a cake platter. Being a gourmet cook, he properly decorates it.

Vaarsuvius says, "Is that a doily?" These four words, said for all the wrong reasons, lead him/her to understanding the doily as a source of ultimate cosmic power. With this power, she/he finds and destroys Xykon's phylactery.

Haley recovers, and makes out with Tsukiko, as recommended.

Roy meets Xykon once again, but this time, the Order is with him. Durkon provides the buffs, but is himself killed in the battle, having been blasted by Xykon into a tree. The Sexy Shoeless God of War and Roy combine to defeat Xykon. Roy dies at the same time, and in lieu of paradise, is given a picture of his father's face when Eugene first heard that Roy was going up but he wasn't.

With ultimate arcane power, Vaarsuvius flies to the Snarl, and reshapes it into a giant script, which reads, "Guess what spell I cast before re-shaping the Snarl, halfling?" Belkar looks up, reads the Snarl, and dies from the ensuing explosion, and the words themselves (and therefore the snarl) disappear forever. The explosion throws Durkon's body all the way to the dwarven homelands, posthumously.

Elan and Tarquin have a final epic battle, in which Elan finally defeats him in a properly story-driven way. The Empress of Blood tells Elan to strike down his father and take his place by her side, but Tarquin kills her, dying in the process. Elan begins singing a song about the epic battle between Elan and the Empress, in which Tarquin appears only once, in a single quick mention as one of the Empress's flunkies. In the pullback, we see Tarquin's long-lost sled Rosebud.

On his way home with Haley and Haley's dad, Elan complains that without his best buddy Roy, he didn't really get a happy ending. Haley tries to cheer him up, but Elan is inconsolable.

The final panel reveals that on the road in front of them, they are about to find a whistle.
    This. This is the correct answer. Mods please lock the thread.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

whats with the whistle?
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin82 View Post
    "Billy? You're driving the spork into your leg."
    So I am. Hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Then you'd be George R. R. Martin, I guess, but with a slightly better update schedule.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    It's rare that a thread reaches the proper conclusion in the second post. When it does, everyone else should stop posting on it.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gicko View Post
    whats with the whistle?
    This is what's with the whistle.