Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 570
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Lemonus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Plane of Elemental Pie
    Gender
    Male

    Default The World in Revolt IC

    Driven from your homes by the onslaught of monsters, you have reached the city of Halmaren. The city is close to a swamp, in which lives a large tribe of lizardmen. Halmaren often traded with this tribe, but recently, anyone they send is never heard from again. There are wild rumors about a large green lizard of some kind flying over the swamp, but these rumors are unconfirmed.
    You have been summoned to the city square, where the Lord is about to make an important announcement.

    Spoiler
    Show
    You have been living in the city for a few days. Please post what your character has bee doing in that time, the we'll move on to the plot.
    Awesome Pony-Chul by slayerx!
    My computer is on the blink. Posting will be affected.
    The endless wisdom that is my extended signature lies here.
    I have Pokemon!

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WaffleLord's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    What a wonderous new tone the swampland has, thought Melhved to herself. The more she traveled, the many different variations she found to the earth spirits' voice. Even the towns' had their own quieter melody. She wandered through each new place she visited listening for the discordent tone she had heard before her village had fallen. It rose and faded on different roads but had seemed to lead her here to Halmaren. She had wandered the streets and outskirts for several days now but could not get a clear direction. Perhaps it's time I spoke to a resident, she reluctantly decided. Other races did not intimidate her. All life was part of the Great Wheel. It was society, the unwritten rules, the formalities, that uneased her. She could brave any challenge of the natural world, but civilized world didn't play fair. She decided to approach the butcher. He had seemed an easy-going, jovial fellow who had smiled at her as she walked by yesterday. But as she went to approach him, a clarion call went up, and she found the town's people walking to the town center. Mel quickly changed her path and followed the crowd.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    snake obsidian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    Zzzzzz... Attack! Where? Huh?

    And this marks the beginning of a new day for Willian in Helmaren, suddenly waking up from the mountainload of books about the history of the city, the creatures of the swamp, the trade that came from it, and more. Ever since the trade wagons dumped him here and stalled behind the city walls, effectively leaving him stranded until the roads were safe to travel once again, all he has done is read. There was not much to do inside this city. That is, until the bells started calling for a meeting.

    Yaaawn... The town center? We have to go?

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground
     
    MiketheMountain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    Bugbear had managed to find work with a supply caravan, loading and unloading wagons, as well as providing a bit of security on the road. Their last stop was here in Halmaren a few days ago.

    Since arriving, the caravan leader has been frustrated in his attempts to book another shipment. With the lack of trade with the swamp tribes, Halmaren doesn't have much to offer these days. In the meantime, Bugbear has been looking for work around town, but his luck hasn't been any better.

    With the few coins he has managed to scrounge up arm-wrestling locals at the tavern, Bugbear did enjoy a decent meal and a few (too many) pints of ale last night. Groggily waking up on a too-small cot in a dusty room above the bar, he holds his throbbing head in his hands. Just then, the town crier walks past announcing the gathering in city square.

    "Ugh, what in-Kord's-name time is it?"

    Momentarily considering strangling the crier just to stop the noise, Bugbear instead pulled on his pants, pulled the larger chunks of sawdust out of his sideburns, and headed to the square. "Might be work, I guess. But if that little weasel is still ringing his bell by the time I get there..."

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    Shaderage has had no success in scavenging information about the strange beats over the past few days.He did,however,get some good pay for monster-slaying.

    He sighed.The Lord had just summoned him while he was sharpening his blades.Guess it would have to wait.

    He cautiously approached.
    You can cage an animal,but you can't take away the rage.


  6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    CrazedBanana's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Olympus Mons.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    In the few short days Krivesh had been in the city, his efforts to uncover any information on the origin of this "giant flying lizard" have been fruitless, but not for lack of trying. He was interrupted from his morning's song to Gahzak, the dragon-god of his people's faith, by the clamour coming from the square. He confidently marched over to see what all the ruckus was about.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Lemonus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Plane of Elemental Pie
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    The mayor steps up to the podium, and clears his throat. He the begins to speak, his voice magically amplified."Thank you all for coming. I know you have heard rumors that a dragon has taken over the lizardmen tribe, and that is why our traders never return. Well, I am here to put these rumors to rest." Here the mayor pauses. "The rumors are true." Ignoring the outcry from the crowd, he presses on. "At least we think so. I need a group of brave heroes to investigate what happened in the swamp, and to see if a dragon really is there. The heroes must also investigate if what has happened is related to the monster uprisings. If you wish to investigate, speak now. Your payment will be the entire town's gratitude, and any treasure you find in the swamp. I would offer more, but we have little money due to the lack of trade. Who will take up this challenge?"
    Awesome Pony-Chul by slayerx!
    My computer is on the blink. Posting will be affected.
    The endless wisdom that is my extended signature lies here.
    I have Pokemon!

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground
     
    MiketheMountain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    Eyes instantly going wide with the long-missed excitement of pleasing a crowd, Bugbear leaps on top of a nearby cart and, in his best centre-ring performer voice:

    "Fear not my small friends, for BUGBEAR BOULDER, greatest grappler in the Realms, is here to save you!"

    With one arm pointed to the far horizon and the other bent in a flexed curl, Bugbear poses dramatically as he pauses to let the crowd cheer.

    ...

    *chirp* *chirp*

    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by MiketheMountain; 2011-06-15 at 01:08 PM. Reason: added silly picture

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WaffleLord's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    "That could very well be akin to my village's demise," she thinks. As she steps forward to privately speak to the mayor, a large, loud human stands upon a cart and screams his intentions to the crowd who are silent in respect of his decision."I will never learn all of their customs if I live to be one hundred." She steps up on a nearby barrel.

    "I, too, will give you..uh..reasons to not fear. Uh, Melhved will also..uh..save you...too."

    She raises her arms up in the air to receive their silent praise.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by WaffleLord; 2011-06-15 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Basic punctuation flubs

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    snake obsidian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    "A dragon!?" Wilian thought. If such rumors were indeed spoken, I`m sure Master would come to investigate, if just to try his luck into some of the creature`s hoard. Very well, I must..."

    "Fear not my small friends, for BUGBEAR BOULDER, greatest grappler in the Realms, is here to save you!"

    "I, too, will give you..uh..reasons to not fear. Uh, Melhved will also..uh..save you...too."

    Oh god, they are taking all the places already! I`ll be left out! What do I do!? What do I do!?

    Willian hurriedly mumbled a spell by pure instinct, before thinking about the consecuences of summoning arcane forces in a crowd. Fortunately, his staff was pointing to the skies.

    BOOM! Ah... Ah... Wilian Fiedlerson, mage of, ah, um... High Explosions, shall take your challenge too!

    Spoiler
    Show


    Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by snake obsidian; 2011-06-16 at 07:32 PM.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    CrazedBanana's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Olympus Mons.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    A green dragon? Sounds like a challenge worthy of a true hero! the rugged looking dragonborn thought.

    Krivesh strode up to the 3 warriors, if they could be called such, who had already volunteered themselves.

    "I, Krivesh Spellsinger, Priest of the glorious dragon-god Gahzak, will slay the green abomination! Tremble before me, evildoers!"

    He raised his scythe and spat a gout of lightning towards the sky.
    Last edited by CrazedBanana; 2011-06-15 at 07:44 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground
     
    MiketheMountain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    Bugbear almost falls off the cart when explosions and lightning erupt around him. He's been a little jumpy around pyrotechnics ever since a flashpot went off in his face during a poorly-timed ring entrance.

    "Wow... nice intros." he thinks to himself.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Lemonus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Plane of Elemental Pie
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    The Mayor appeared to be startled by the flashy introductions, but quickly recovered. "Thank you, brave heroes! When can you leave to the swamp?"
    Awesome Pony-Chul by slayerx!
    My computer is on the blink. Posting will be affected.
    The endless wisdom that is my extended signature lies here.
    I have Pokemon!

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WaffleLord's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    Mel quickly tapped her backpack and scabbard to make sure they were secure. She had just returned from patrolling the outskirts so every thing she owned was slung on her back or at her waist.

    "Ah, ready."

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    snake obsidian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    Wilian jumped a little too when lightning flashed on his side. For a second, he thought his staff had reacted on his own on the spell he casted, frying the poor fella nearest to him, but then he realized the dragonborn was a magic user too.

    "Phew..".

    Wilian climbed up to the cart too, (on a safe, stable position) and after hearing the Mayor recognize them as heroes, he spoke:

    "If no one on the group has urgent matters to attend, we could start tomorrow morning, or even earlier, after reuniting enough supplies for the road, and getting to know each other, I think."
    Last edited by snake obsidian; 2011-06-19 at 04:23 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground
     
    MiketheMountain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    Steadying himself on the cart, Bugbear quickly recovers his composure and gets right back into character:

    "You heard the Mayor everybody! Tomorrow morn*ahem*, midday: <pointing at each adventurer in turn> "Lightning Lizard" and... um... "Billy Boomstick"... and... "The... Gorgeous Goliath" will join me, BUGBEAR BOULDER, as we battle the unknown terrors of the swamp!"

    "Snakes! Alligators! Bullywugs! Lizardmen! Maybe even a Dragon! The greatest battle Halmaren has ever seen! Who will survive!? Who will be victorious?! Who... will buy me a drink at the Mayor's celebration feast tonight?!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff check to see if anyone actually believes that the Mayor is throwing us a celebration feast tonight: (1d20+2)[15]


    And with that, Bugbear leaps off the cart, triumphantly marching towards the tavern, waving, smiling, shaking hands and patting backs as he struts by. He has fully convinced himself that the stunned silence of the townspeople is reverent awe at his presence.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    snake obsidian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    "Billy... Boomstick?"

    Spoiler
    Show

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Lemonus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Plane of Elemental Pie
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    The people mutter and whisper to each other. Soon you can hear them chanting "A FEAST! A FEAST! A FEAST!" The mayor tries to shout over the crowd, saying that there is no feast, but he soon gives up. He sighs then says "A feast! Of course! I shall hold a feast at the Soaring Hippogriff in two hours time!" He then runs off to the tavern to get the feast ready.
    Awesome Pony-Chul by slayerx!
    My computer is on the blink. Posting will be affected.
    The endless wisdom that is my extended signature lies here.
    I have Pokemon!

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WaffleLord's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    "Gorgeous? Perhaps this man should invest in a helmet of some type," she thought, confused on the outside but slightly flattered on the inside. She dismounted the barrel and fell in line with the walking throngs. I hope this won't take too long. These social affairs can be so trying."

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    snake obsidian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    "So... I guess that means we won`t be moving any time soon? At least gathering supplies will be easier now, I think."Wilian thought out loud, and jumped out off the cart. He approached the colossus warrior while following the rest of the crowd to "The Soaring Hippogriff", and the feast.

    "This is something new. Usually, the feasts and parties were after the adventure, not the other way around. I don`t think we`ve met before. I`m Willian Fiedlerson. We`ll be watching each other`s backs the moment we step on that swamp." He said, extending his hand up to a soon-to-be-partner.
    Last edited by snake obsidian; 2011-06-21 at 05:39 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    CrazedBanana's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Olympus Mons.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    "Lightning lizard indeed." thought Krivesh as he joined in the merry procession, his scythe safely resecured on his back.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground
     
    MiketheMountain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    Drinking in the excitement of a crowd for the first time in months, Bugbear marches along blissfully, huge grin on his face. It takes him a moment to realize that the young man trying to get his attention is the same one that spoke up back at the square.

    "BILLY!!"

    Bugbear ignores the proffered hand, instead throwing a big meaty arm around Wilian's shoulders, half-dragging the poor Wizard along with him towards the tavern.

    "Great entrance back there kid, my ear is still ringing! Of course it does that every once in a while ever since they had me wrestle a Yeti up in one of the logging camps in the North. I had that thing in my infamous Rack of Doom hold (I'll show it to you some time) when it let loose a howl right by my ear. Couldn't hear for a week! You're kinda small for a fighter, ain't ya? But I know better than to judge a man by his size. My old wrestling coach, Master Stoneskull, was a Dwarf Monk, and he would toss me across the ring like last week's laundry! And my manager, Dragon Don (rest his soul), was about your size (a little taller), and MAN, did he know how to put on a show! This one time, we were performing down by the docks in some harbour town..."

    Bugbear's off in his own world, and nothing short of a maul to the forehead is likely to snap him out of it.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    snake obsidian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    "Yeah, thanks. By the way, my name is WiliARGH..."

    Before the mage could finish that sentence, he was choked by the wrestler`s arm and dragged along. He tried to free himself from such hold, but it became evident that unless something could grant him as much strenght as the fighter, his attempts would not move the man`s arm an inch. Without enough air to ask for help, he tried to grab the goliath girl...
    Last edited by snake obsidian; 2011-06-22 at 02:38 PM.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WaffleLord's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    Mel trudges along, making her 7 foot frame as inconspicuous as possible. She notices the butcher she had been thinking about speaking to walking alone not far away. Steeling herself, she strides closer.
    "Hello, um..Garnst, is it? Uh..hi, I'm going to be... uh...you may have seen me...volunteer....uh..we're going to...um...there's a dragon...and lizardmen....um... so what's been happening?" she uncomfortably stammers.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy:(1d20+1)[16]


    However, she does not get hear his response as she feels a slapping on her elbow. Looking around she sees a blue-faced man in the loud man's clutches. He seems to be in a bit of distress. Mel gives a slight tug on the loud man's cape and says,

    "Should he be that color?"

    The loud man continues yammering on about throwing his laundry. She tries to move his arm to give the blue man some relief but it feels like corded steel. "Well, I can try mother's maneuver," she thinks reluctantly. She grabs the loud man's arm in a firm grip, takes a moment to build her strength, and fiercely growls,

    "OOOOO, WHAT BIG MUSCLES YOU HAVE!"
    Last edited by WaffleLord; 2011-06-22 at 05:22 PM.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground
     
    MiketheMountain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    Nothing like a compliment from a lady to get a man's attention. Finally noticing the not-insubstantial grip on his arm, Bugbear turns his head:

    "Well thank you my dear, I've always SWEET MELORA YOU'RE HUGE!!"

    Letting go of Wilian, Bugbear tries to recover his composure.

    "uhh, err, I, um, that is, not huge, like, uh, you're obviously very, um, fit and, uh, large NO tall! I mean tall and, ah, healthy!"

    Stumbling backwards both verbally and physically, Bugbear slips in a puddle of muck (he hopes) and falls backwards into Krivesh, knocking both of them down into the mud.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    CrazedBanana's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Olympus Mons.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    Krivesh chuckles under his breath at the antics of the human ahead of him, and starts to try to join in when the beefy human falls backwards into him. Krivesh stumbles backwards and falls into a shallow puddle.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    snake obsidian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    Wilian coughed, wheezed, and gasped for air when Bugbear released him. He stumbled to Melhved`s side while the brawler and the dragonborn fell to the mud.

    "I thought I was going to die..." Wilian said, still coughing, extending his hand to the goliath. Lady, you have my thanks. It might not mean much, but... Ouch, he tripped over the dragon guy, that`s got to hurt. A... Are you two alright?

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground
     
    MiketheMountain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    Trying to regain his composure and some measure of dignity in front of his new companions, Bugbear gets to his feet and lifts Krivesh out of the puddle.

    " *phew* Sorry friend, I... Oh! Lightning, it's you! Sorry about the mess, please don't zap me. Heh."

    Turning to Melhved, "And apologies to you as well madam, I've, um, never met a Goliath before. I'm used to being the biggest one around!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff check, if you feel like using it: (1d20+2)[16]

    It's a lie; early in his wrestling career Bugbear faced two Goliath women warriors in a tag-team all-challengers event. By the end of the match Bugbear and his partner had been stripped naked, spanked, and swaddled like infants.

    "Well friends, shall we head to the tavern? (Stand up straight Billy, heroes don't slouch.) These people look sorely in need of distraction. Maybe we could put on a bit of an exhibition tonight? You know, get them excited for the big show. Feats of strength, demonstrations, I do this one trick people love where I lift a barmaid up on each arm. Hey, can anyone juggle?"

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    snake obsidian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    "I told you, my name is... Oh, forget it."

    Wilian rubbed the tip of his staff and stood straight muttering a quick cantrip under his breath.

    "Here, stand still. You can`t go to a feast all dirty"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Cast Prestidigitation on Bugbear and Krivesh to clean them from the water and mud. Arcana Check, if needed:[roll]1d20+11[/roll]
    Last edited by snake obsidian; 2011-06-25 at 03:01 PM. Reason: I can`t make the forum roller work!

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WaffleLord's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    Mel smiles at the antics of the men. Mother was right. They seem to be boys in the playground." She scans the crowd once again looking for Garnst the butcher. He walks in a group slowly making their way towards The Soaring Hippogriff. She siddles up as subtly as rolling boulder as says,

    "I'm sorry, you were saying?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy, if you want a new one: (1d20+1)[9]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •