Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 570
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Lemonus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Plane of Elemental Pie
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    Wilian's spell quickly clears all the mud and water off of Bugbear and Krivesh.

    Garnst turns around, and when he spots Melhved, he grasps her hands firmly and tries to shake them. Whether or not he succeeds is up to Melhved.
    "Hello! Thank you so much for agreeing to save our town! I normally trade meat with the lizardmen, but ever since that dragon took root, they haven't been trading!" He then leans in closer to Melhved, and whispers, "I also have a favor to ask you. My adopted son ran into the swamp, saying that he would 'challenge the dragon for glory.' Could you please try to find him? I love him dearly, even if he sometimes does things like this."
    Awesome Pony-Chul by slayerx!
    My computer is on the blink. Posting will be affected.
    The endless wisdom that is my extended signature lies here.
    I have Pokemon!

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WaffleLord's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    Caught off guard by the man's grasp, her hands don't move very much, but she recovers and gives him what she hopes is a reassuring smile.

    "Of course, sh..sh...sure..of course. We'll do everything we can to uh..save your son. What can you tell me about him? What do you know about the lizardmen? Where are they located? How did this all start?"

    Melhved's awkwardness and fumbling dissolve as she focuses on the task at hand.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy, if necessary:(1d20+1)[15]

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Lemonus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Plane of Elemental Pie
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    "He's a Half-Elf. I found him outside my door one day, and I took him in. I don't really know much about the lizardmen. They always just sent one representative to trade. The lizardmen are al located in the swamp. I don't know how this started. I'm sorry I can't be more help."
    Awesome Pony-Chul by slayerx!
    My computer is on the blink. Posting will be affected.
    The endless wisdom that is my extended signature lies here.
    I have Pokemon!

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WaffleLord's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    "We shall do everything in our power to return him safely. Why was he going out into the swamps? How can we recognize him?"

    Mel concern for wandering children is readily apparent.

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Lemonus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Plane of Elemental Pie
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    "Like I said, he went into the swamp 'for glory'. He's always doing things like this, but it normally isn't this bad. Just going into the swamp to kill a few alligators, mostly." as for recognizing him, it shouldn't be too hard. He has light blond hair, emerald green eyes, and was wearing a suit of enchanted chainmail that was a family relic. He also had an enchanted rapier and a magical bandore, both family relics."
    Awesome Pony-Chul by slayerx!
    My computer is on the blink. Posting will be affected.
    The endless wisdom that is my extended signature lies here.
    I have Pokemon!

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    snake obsidian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    After acting as a laundry for two fellow adventurers, Wilian felt an empty feeling on his stomach. He had just noticed how hungry he was, and was about to hurry the rest of the party into the tavern, but then he realized Melhved talking to the butcher with such a serious face, and overheard their conversation.

    A lost kid? On the swamp? That`s no good! Wait, Alligators? He goes to the swamp to kill alligators? Huh?

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground
     
    MiketheMountain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Passive Perception of 13 if needed to determine whether Bugbear overhears Melhved's conversation with the butcher. Passive because he's not actively trying to listen in, just in case something catches his attention.

    Looking down at his newly spotless pants: "Wow, thanks! That's the cleanest these have been in... well... ever!"

    Clapping a big hand down on Wilian and Krivesh's shoulders (and glancing a bit sheepishly at Melhved), Bugbear flashes his most winning grin and marches off towards the Soaring Hippogriff.

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WaffleLord's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    "A musician? We will certainly keep our ..uh..ears out for him. Do not fear we shall return him safely."

    She continues with the crowd until they come to the Soaring Hippogriff, where she tries to stay against the darkest wall she can and ride out the night's festivities. Above the din of the revelers she tries to hear the Voices of Life."Slight disharmony. I hope we're on the right track," she sighs.

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Lemonus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Plane of Elemental Pie
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    Bugbear overhears Mel Melhved and the butcher's conversation.

    The Soaring Hippogriff is very packed. You really have to push to get anywhere, and if you aren't careful, you can easily get knocked down. When you get there, the food is just being laid down.
    Awesome Pony-Chul by slayerx!
    My computer is on the blink. Posting will be affected.
    The endless wisdom that is my extended signature lies here.
    I have Pokemon!

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    snake obsidian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    Wilian squeezed his way on to the table, just in time to see the barmaids start laying food on the table. A lot of food on the table. His mouth was watering. He could not wait to dig in, but first, there was something else to do. Taking a quick look at the attendants, he took a loaf of bread, and just as his master had done once, he started slowly stripping the table, bit by bit, of every edible item that could endure a large trip, signaling every other willing adventure member to do so too.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If needed:
    Insight roll: To look out for any over-attentive barmaid or patron or what else. (1d20+6)[15]
    Thievery roll: For a succesful supply gathering. (1d20+4)[5]
    Stealth roll: To tell the others to gather too, without alerting half the town. (1d20+6)[26]

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Lemonus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Plane of Elemental Pie
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    As Siloam starts gathering food, a barmaid tell him to stop and that they will supply him with food for his journey.

    As you begin to eat, you notice the the food is a bit undercooked, but stil very good.
    Awesome Pony-Chul by slayerx!
    My computer is on the blink. Posting will be affected.
    The endless wisdom that is my extended signature lies here.
    I have Pokemon!

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    snake obsidian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    Having been caught red handed, Wilian had no other choice than to stop and smile nervously at the lady.

    "Ah... Eh... Oh, really? That`s a relief! Thank you!"

    And then, Wilian attended to his stomach and tried no more tricks for the rest of the feast.

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground
     
    MiketheMountain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    Bugbear ducks through the door and throws both hands up in the air, loudly announcing "WE'RE HERE!! LET THE FEAST BEGIN!"

    Muscling his way into a seat at the largest and loudest table he sees, Bugbear grabs a massive handful of meat and shoves it in his mouth, washing it down with a huge slug of mead straight from a pitcher. He pauses for a second when Wilian catches his eye, trying to signal him something. Bugbear thinks he understands, but soon Wilian has a short conversation with a barmaid and then waves Bugbear off, looking a bit embarrassed.

    Shrugging, Bugbear takes the turkey leg out of his pants and puts it back on his plate.

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WaffleLord's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    Mel politely nibbles on some of the proffered treats while watching the shinanigans of her teammates. She notices the late appearance of their fourth member. "Perhaps he's doing some investigation for our challenge," she thinks."In fact, I'll try some myself." Pushing herself through the crowd as delicately as possible, she finds the hurried and harried mayor to question him for more information.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy, if needed: (1d20+1)[10]
    Just asking for the basics: which direction, how far, best route
    Passive Insight: 15
    Last edited by WaffleLord; 2011-07-03 at 09:52 AM.

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Lemonus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Plane of Elemental Pie
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    The mayor, who seems very rushed, tells you that the swamp is about 5 miles due east. You should just go straight and you'll arrive there in a few hours.
    Awesome Pony-Chul by slayerx!
    My computer is on the blink. Posting will be affected.
    The endless wisdom that is my extended signature lies here.
    I have Pokemon!

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WaffleLord's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    Very eager to get under way, Melhved decides to call it a night and retires for the night in order to be well rested for the next day's adventure.

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground
     
    MiketheMountain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    Thoroughly immersed in being the center of attention once again, Bugbear eats, drinks, and celebrates late into the night. He tells stories of his past performances (wonderfully exaggerated), shows off his impressive strength (doing push-ups, arm wrestling, lifting tables and barmaids), flirts and jokes and generally parties like a Minotaur Bard. With a hint of dawn creeping through the shutters, Bugbear eventually falls asleep on top of one of the long wooden tables, empty tankard resting on his swollen belly, snoring like an undead Goristro.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Some rolls if you want to use them.

    • Bluff to see if anyone believes Bugbear's stories, or just thinks he's a blow-hard: (1d20+2)[13]
    • Diplomacy to see if the crowd enjoyed his antics or if his behaviour was obnoxious and annoying: (1d20+2)[22]
    • Athletics to see if he was able to perform his show-off tricks or if he made a fool of himself: (1d20+14)[32]
    • Endurance to see if he was able to handle his drink as the night went on: (1d20+8)[17]
    • Endurance to see just how hungover he is in the morning: (1d20+8)[25]


  18. - Top - End - #48
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Lemonus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Plane of Elemental Pie
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    Most people believed Bugbear, with a few nay-sayers who were quickly hushed. He was able to perform all his tricks, and people loved them. He handled his drink, and woke up with a moderate hangover.
    Awesome Pony-Chul by slayerx!
    My computer is on the blink. Posting will be affected.
    The endless wisdom that is my extended signature lies here.
    I have Pokemon!

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    snake obsidian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    Wilian enjoyed very much his meal, he ate turkey, took more than one sips of mead, clapped and laughed and awed at Bugbear`s performance. After the feast had finished long ago, he stayed awake to listen once more to those old songs of past kingdoms and heroes gone so many years ago, sitting around the carbonized remains of a campfire, one pint of ale in a hand and another around his staff, waving it along with the song, looking the first rays of the sun light this land and finally laying down to sleep, too tired to even care where.

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WaffleLord's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    As the sun rises, Mel greets it with a short ceremony honoring Melora, asking for nature's course to be taken on their adventure that they may restore balance. Downstairs, she has a quick meal, settles her inn tab, and steps out to the main square to await the arrival of her companions. "First to arrive, I see. I hope the others make haste. A day's adventure awaits."
    Last edited by WaffleLord; 2011-07-09 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Bad proofreading

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    snake obsidian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    Ah, the sunrise... Truly a marvelous view. Except for someone who spent the night outdoors with no protection from the cold and had just fallen asleep on the tavern`s tables. Wilian recieved the full light of the newborn sun right on the eyes when he woke up amongst lots of dirty dishes and remains of food.

    "Uuh... Feel... Sick..."

    He stood up from the table, not ready at all for the morning, and cleared the grease and bread crumbles from the table and plates where he had slept with a tap of his staff before stepping out of the bar, meeting Melhved, who looked far more able to take the day`s challenges than he.

    "Hey, nice to see someone up and ready for the journey."He told to the goliath.

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Orc in the Playground
     
    MiketheMountain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    The sounds of the town rising to their morning activities finally rouses Bugbear from his slumber. Forgetting where he is, Bugbear rolls over and off the edge of the table, landing on the ground with a thud that rattles the shelves on the tavern wall.

    Bugbear springs to his feet, feeling surprisingly good given the previous night's indulgences. Yawning wide and stretching his back (sounding something like a dead oak tree being crushed by a Giant), Bugbear straightens his belt and strides out into the street. Spotting his two companions, he smiles broadly and waves as he heads towards them.

    "Good morning friends! Pardon me a moment."

    Bugbear walks to a nearby horse trough and dunks his head into the cold water, shaking it briskly and standing back up, combing his fingers through his prodigious sideburns.

    "Ahh, much better. Quite the night, eh? Now that's how you get people excited for a show! The celebration they will throw for us when we return victorious... Stories of our exploits will be told for years! We should make sure to bring some good trophies back with us. Something the people can touch. It makes them feel closer to the action."

    Turning his head back and forth, looking down the street, "Now if we can just grab a small meat pie, or at least some fresh bread on our way to the swamp, I think we can get on our way. Of course it would be rude of us to not let the townsfolk give us their best wishes as we begin our journey." Bugbear winks knowingly at Wilian.

    (Always looking for an audience...)

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WaffleLord's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    Using the information she received from the mayor, Mel leads her companions off into the swamp in search of adventure.
    Adventures in the Heartlands - Tracker, Scornubel Docks
    Novash: The New World - Map, Tracker

    PCs
    Michaelis Glensbourgh
    Melhved Brombriar
    Chudok Fairslof

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Lemonus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Plane of Elemental Pie
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    After a few hours of walking, you reach the edge of the swamp. There are two Lizardfolk with spears and shields standing guard just inside the swamp. As they see you approach one of them begins to speak in guttural Common. You can't make out the exact words, but it seems that he is trying to tell you that you are not welcome in the swamp and should leave now.

    Those with a passive Perception above (1d20+11)[23] notice a third Lizardfolk hidden about 30 feet into the jungle.
    Awesome Pony-Chul by slayerx!
    My computer is on the blink. Posting will be affected.
    The endless wisdom that is my extended signature lies here.
    I have Pokemon!

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground
     
    MiketheMountain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    Completely oblivious to both the hidden Lizardfolk and the intent of the two guards, Bugbear holds up an open hand in greeting as he steps towards the edge of the swamp.

    "Have no fear my scaly friends, we're here to help you!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy: (1d20+2)[10]

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Lemonus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Plane of Elemental Pie
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    The Lizardfolk both turn their spears at Bugbear.
    Awesome Pony-Chul by slayerx!
    My computer is on the blink. Posting will be affected.
    The endless wisdom that is my extended signature lies here.
    I have Pokemon!

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WaffleLord's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    Mel steps forward, weapon not drawn.

    "We mean no harm. We seek a lost son and information about a dragon sighting."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy - (1d20+1)[13]
    Adventures in the Heartlands - Tracker, Scornubel Docks
    Novash: The New World - Map, Tracker

    PCs
    Michaelis Glensbourgh
    Melhved Brombriar
    Chudok Fairslof

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Lemonus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Plane of Elemental Pie
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    The Lizardfolk do not move. One of them speaks, and it appears he is trying to say you are not welcome on the swamp, on the orders of the Great One.
    Awesome Pony-Chul by slayerx!
    My computer is on the blink. Posting will be affected.
    The endless wisdom that is my extended signature lies here.
    I have Pokemon!

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    snake obsidian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    "The great one? Is it a title or something?" Wilian said to himself.

    Spoiler
    Show
    To guess who might earn such a title in the land of lizardfolk: Nature(1d20+9)[23]

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Lemonus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Plane of Elemental Pie
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

    Wilian remembers that Lizardfolk don't worship gods, but rather elevate their strongest to take the place of a god, and that sometimes a dragon will usurp that position.
    Awesome Pony-Chul by slayerx!
    My computer is on the blink. Posting will be affected.
    The endless wisdom that is my extended signature lies here.
    I have Pokemon!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •