New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The World in Revolt IC

Viola gratefully accepts the smelly human's embrace. Her dark skin is cold to the touch; she cuddles closer to him for warmth.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+11)[14] bluff check for a quick nip

Looks like I just barely succeeded...

Bugbear might feel a sharp prick, then the Drow in his arms seems instantly revitalized.

"Ahhh, thank you, noble sir. That was just what I needed. I feel so much better now..." She breathes softly. He tasted strong and musky. A heady, unsubtle flavor. Not her usual fare, but it was delicious in its own way.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bugbear loses a surge, Viola recovers to full hp.
    Last edited by NotScaryBats; 2011-11-17 at 08:49 PM.
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Orc in the Playground

"Probably just over-exerted yourself little lady. That was a hell of a thing you did back there! Nice to see one of you fancy big-city types holding her own in a rumble."

Bugbear feels a brief sharp twinge, and then a little light-headed, but it passes quickly. "Must be one of the thorns from that vine creature. Bet I'll be picking those things outta my hide for a week!" he says to himself.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

Viola licks her teeth to clean them, then smiles brightly at Bugbear and Willian.

"Yes, perhaps I should take it easy the next time we encounter these ... Lizardfolk. If only they spoke common I could reason with them... Oh, but perhaps there is a language they do speak!

"I have some gold coins on me. The next sentries we encounter, I could be a traveling merchant looking to buy -- whatever it is these barbarians sell -- flashing coins in a man's face is often sufficient to earn passage into a town."

She seems oddly comfortable in the human's arms -- and weighs just under a hundred pounds. She makes no move to stand on her own, merely talking from her current position.
    Last edited by NotScaryBats; 2011-11-18 at 12:59 PM.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Halfling in the Playground

"That does not sound like a bad idea. Maybe if we gather enough between all of us... Speaking of coins, maybe this green guy can give us some?"

Wilian crouched next to the fallen lizardman, looking for any trinkets on its person.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception roll: (1d20+6)[13]
    New avatar by Dirtytabs! 20% better than expected!

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

"I doubt the savages have ever seen two gold pieces rubbed together -- let alone a pouch full. I should have a sufficient amount to dazzle their primitive minds..." Viola says haughtily. She clearly does not think highly of anyone who chooses to live in a swamp, and seems to have forgotten about the alleged dragon lurking in the settlement.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Barbarian in the Playground

Wil:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You find two copper carefully stashed away in a pouch. The lizardman must have tried very hard to hide them, although it didn't do a good job.
    Awesome Pony-Chul by slayerx!
    My computer is on the blink. Posting will be affected.
    The endless wisdom that is my extended signature lies here.
    I have Pokemon!

7. - Top - End - #217
    Bugbear in the Playground

"If everyone is done lounging around, we've got a mission to complete!"

"Melhved, take point. Everyone, move out."
    Wolfen Houndog - The World in Revolt (4e)
    The Mythic Warrior, a 3.5 base class that severs limbs and sunders armor
    The Nameless One, converted to 3.5 and 5e

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

Using the directions given her by the mayor and her keen primal senses, she tries to discern where their next move should be.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception - (1d20+6)[26]
    Nature - (1d20+11)[21]
    Spit in the Wind - (1d20+4)[18]
    No longer active in forums.
    Thank you to all who have brought me joy in game and out.
    Praise be to Dakaran for the elf monk avatar! (at rest)

PCs
    Melhved Brombriar, Goliath Warden - Keep of the Shadowfell (retired)
    Aeren Tatallaner, Eladrin Bard - Scales of War (retired)
    DMings

9. - Top - End - #219

Mel
    Spoiler
    Show
    In one direction you notice some odd fumes coming from deeper in the swamp.
    I have Pokemon!

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

"It seems....ah....we could....uh.....perhaps...um....look, gases!" Mel stammers as she gestures into the swamp. She begins walking hesitantly, afraid to look as is she's taking charge, looking back several times to see if anyone is following her.
    Last edited by WaffleLord; 2011-11-22 at 12:06 AM.

PCs
    DMings

11. - Top - End - #221
    Orc in the Playground

His strength recovered, Bugbear jumps up to his feet, adjusts his armour, and marches up beside Melhved. "You got some sharp eyes there girl, well done!"

With an enthusiastic slap on Mel's shoulder, Bugbear walks confidently beside her in the direction of the gases.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

Viola wrinkles her nose at the sight of visible gases. Disgusting.
    Still, she falls into step towards the middle of the column, walking beside Willian.

13. - Top - End - #223

Wilian squinted at the direction Mel was pointing, and saw the columns of gas.

"Smoke. A sign of civilization. Or that the swamp takes a turn for the toxic right ahead. Either way, we´re going to find more scaly guys like him. Let´s hope one of them actually speaks Common."

He turned to Viola.

"Are you sure you´re going to be alright there? All this wilderness and enviromental hazards ain´t... are sadly unfit for a noblewoman, are they not?"

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

"Well, we do what we must..." Viola says delicately, stepping around a puddle daintily, "You are a student of the arcane, yes? Surely this humidity does horrors to your... Spellbook?"

15. - Top - End - #225

"My spellbook?" Wilian said, obtaining a worn old book out of his robes. "Haha, no, this thing is as destroyed as it can be. It was a gift from my master, the great Knight Mage Iangold. You would never believe what this tome has passed through. There was this time me and my master explored a goblin cave... Ah, but that is a long story. I´m not sure if everyone wants to hear it..."

16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh, my..." Viola begins, genuinely interested, "Nothing quite do amazing as exploring goblin caves has ever happened to me in my training. But, I have to ask: if you inherited your Master's spellbook, what did you use in the cave when the two of you traveled together?" Viola continues to walk and talk, eyes peering about from beneath her hood and parasol.

17. - Top - End - #227

"Not much, really. At that time, he was the one putting some use to this pages. He had just taken me as his apprentice, and there were lots of symbols and incantations that I still didn´t understand. Even now..." Wilian said, passing through the old pages with a quick glance and showing the diagrams and scribbles of text to Viola. "...there are large parts of texts I have trouble with. This one is a little hard to see. It´s like it vanished from view. I´ve been trying to decipher it whenever I have time on my own, since its the one he cast on me so I could sneak under the patrols."

18. - Top - End - #228

Wolfen takes another drink from his canteen.

"You know, you never did tell me why a noblewoman like yourself is doing something dangerous like this. In my experience with nobles, all they care about is saving face. The lives of people are a luxury."

19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh, that is interesting. It is all gibberish to me, of course, but I find it singularly remarkable that you can make heads or tails out of it at all." Viola smiles, spinning her parasol a bit on her shoulder as they walk. "I had a tutor once try to show me the basics -- ostensibly in order to see if I had the gift or not, but it was more of a formality than anything -- and I still remember how he smelled of vinegar and dust. Dreadfully boring man, too: I can assure you..." Wolfen chimes in and she replies.

"I'm certain we are all here for similar reasons, sir. My country has become host to terrifying undead creatures -- nearly an army! Everywhere I have journeyed thus far has had similar troubles. I intend to get to the bottom of it all, and if I can, return in time to save my homeland. It is dirty work, to be sure, but as they say in the West: 'somebody must do it.'" She pauses a moment, eyes looking at nothing in particular. She then regains her focus, puts her smile back on, and continues in step with her new companions. The road has been lonely for her, and she is quite glad to have found some to share it with.

20. - Top - End - #230

As you go farther through the swamp, you notice that the gases seem to come in pulses. A wave of gas, nothing. A wave of gas, nothing. Soon you see a large clearing, with a large, green winged lizard you identify as a green dragon sitting atop a pile of treasures. It is flanked by two guards that are quite similar to the ones you saw at the entrance to the swamp, and by two large black Lizardmen with clubs. The gases seem to come from the dragon as it exhales.
    I have Pokemon!

21. - Top - End - #231

Wilian feels a cold shiver up his spine when he looks at the wyrm´s size, and the real chances a group of adventurers would have against it on it´s own turf.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nature roll: (1d20+9)[18]

22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground

Viola stops dead in her tracks, looking at the dragon. She takes a few involuntary steps backwards, wondering if it's seen her. Then, remembering her plan, she gathers her courage and steps forward, trying to pass the frontline fighters and begin her "merchants looking for the village" bluff.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

Mel is momentarily stunned at the wonder before her. "A true dragon! Goddess, it's beautiful!" Quickly, she ducks into cover.
    Out of the corner of her eye, she sees Viola wandering directly towards the dragon! She stops herself from rushing into view. "The merchant ploy?! With a dragon?! She better have a world of gold in that fancy get-up." She readies herself for a charge, running litanies to Melora through her head for strength and courage.

PCs
    DMings

24. - Top - End - #234

"I guess this is as good a day to die as any," Wolfen mutters as he drags Bugbear and Willian towards some cover.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Troll in the Playground

With some trepidation, Viola smoothes her composure and walks elegantly to a respectable distance from the dragon. She curtseys deeply and in formal Elven, she begins her charade.

"One hundred pardons, Great One, but I find myself lost in your magnificent territory. I am Viola Darkbough, a merchant come from Darkhaven and have heard that the lizardmen of the area are artisan crafters. If it pleases you, I request passage into your village to supply my retinue and I." She uses her full charms to attempt to flatter the dragon. If it is obvious that s/he does not speak Elven, Viola will apologize and try Common.

[spoiler] Diplomacy check
    (1d20+11)[21]

26. - Top - End - #236
    Orc in the Playground

Bugbear allows himself to be pulled behind cover as he stares slack-jawed at the dragon and his treasure hoard. He's honestly not sure which one he finds more unbelievable, for both of them are larger than any specimen of their kind previously encountered.

Viola speaks in a language Bugbear does not understand, but he guesses she is attempting some kind of ruse. Never the less, hiding while the lady stands defenceless amoung the lizardmen does not sit well with him. Bugbear watches the guards closely, looking for any signs of aggression.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bugbear will ready a charge (Knockdown Assault) against any enemy that attacks Viola, assuming he is within range.

If they are out of range (i.e., more than 7 squares), then he instead pulls out his Tethercord and readies a ranged attack against any enemy that attacks Viola.

27. - Top - End - #237

AS Viola steps out into the open, the two guards with spears charge at her. However, before anyone can react, the dragon exhales onto them, and they fall to the ground, dead. When Viola begins speaking in Elven, the dragon looks puzzled, but understands her when she speaks Common. The dragon speaks slowly and calmly. "Hah! What do these..." He looks at the Lizardmen around him. "Savages make? It is true that they traded with the people in my nearby town, but that was just for crocodile meat! What do you really want, creature of the night?"
    I have Pokemon!

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

Viola attempts to keep her composure.

"As expected, how astute of you, Your Greatness." She curtseys again. "I have been sent into this swamp in search of some answers. It seems the lizardmen have caused some mischief for the neighboring human settlement. I am but an emissary to attempt to diffuse the complications between their village and yours. How can we negotiate peace and a return of some captured villagers, oh Great One?"

29. - Top - End - #239

"I know nothing about any taken humans. Besides, either way they belong to me, so how does it matter?"
    I have Pokemon!

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

"I humbly request your permission to remove the taken humans from your custody. I can assure you they will travel your swamp and trespass upon your territory no longer, once I return them to their hovels. Does this please you, Great One?"