1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [3.P] Sharpening the Mind: A Guide to the Pathfinder Soulknife

Shielded Blade wasn't finished either.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

smile Re: [3.P] Sharpening the Mind: A Guide to the Pathfinder Soulknife

If you are still going to work on this and have not seen some of the new stuff yet. I would highly suggest it. some of the playtest stuff was/is awesome

3. - Top - End - #153
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Gotta add my vote to the 'please add Soulknife Augmented content to the guide' crowd. There's so much content in there that it changes the optimization meta surrounding the Soulknife completely. There's also a wonderful archetype for Soulknife in the upcoming Lords of the Wild release I'd be curious to see reviewed. Thanks in advance!

4. - Top - End - #154
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hey, you know how Photobucket changed things so you need to pay a pricy fee to embed pictures off-site?
    Also, yeah, soulknife metadota's shifted. Pls give love to this poor class.
    The future is bright.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Spamalot in the Playground

I'll add this to the OP to make it more visible, but the sad truth is that I'm no longer all that interested in this class or this guide; what little free time I have for handbooking is being spent elsewhere, and more than likely in Google Docs, which I can't access most of the day anyway. So if someone would like to do an updated guide with all the new stuff that has come out since mine was published, consider this post blanket permission to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

6. - Top - End - #156
    Pixie in the Playground

Lightbulb Re: [3.P] Sharpening the Mind: A Guide to the Pathfinder Soulknife

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    [CENTER]
    Other Races

Spoiler
    Show
    There are of course many other options; I'll only do a few here.

Kalashtar - Along with a smattering of miscellaneous bonuses, you get more bonus PP from these guys from any other race, but no way to use them without Hidden Talent, racial sub or a dip. Even so, the sheer amount of ammunition can come in handy. The first racial sub level in Races of Eberron is also nice (see below.) Finally, Kalashtar have access to nice racial perks such as Host Feats, unique PrCs like Atavist and Quori Shards. All in all, not a bad choice. If porting to Pathfinder, try to convince your DM to allow them +2 to any stat like Elans and Humans get; if this is allowed, upgrade them to a blue choice.

Shifter: +2 Dex, -2 Int, -2 Cha. The stat adjustments are harsh, especially in Pathfinder, but thankfully the penalties are to stats you don't really care about anyway. The shifting buffs are all useful to a Soulknife, so this is another solid choice. If you can get the race a Pathfinder boost (at least a net zero stats, or stronger/more frequent shifting bonuses), this is another good candidate for a blue rating.

Changeling: There isn't a whole lot of mechanical synergy here. They're good at infiltrating, so being able to create powerful weapons out of thin air can probably come in handy for that, but in terms of actual numbers they don't get much to help (or hinder) you. Interesting RP-wise, but there are many more powerful options.

Warforged: Warforged are of course universally good at melee. +2 Con, -2 Wis, -2 Cha.; as with Shifters, it's a net negative but both are dump stats so you probably won't mind anyway. Their suite of immunities and defensive attributes all hold value for a Soulknife as well.
    There's also the Umbragen(Dragon Mag 330), which can switch out the first level Wild Talent for Stealthy which makes Soulknife Arcane due to the nature of the switch.
    Last edited by 80sSkeletor; 2018-01-30 at 04:56 PM.