New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Default [IC] TW:epic fantasy

TW epic fantasy

please dont post here until i give the go ahead in the OOC. i am still setting this up with all the relevant info

assets

wealth
    Spoiler
    Show
    the vale:+++

[the vale is a land rich in natural resources. any faction who controlled this land would experience a drastic increase in their factions economic might]

merchants favor:++

[the zexan consortium is the richest merchant company in the world right now. anyone who can get on their good side would likely find the value of all their goods skyrocket as the merchants pull some strings to help out their friends]

black market:++++/(+-WO)

[it is amazing how much money illegal goods can fetch with the right buyers. anyone with a thriving underground market can find themselves very rich very fast, although at the risk of losing a few friends]

colonies: varys

[taking other lands as colonies is a great way to get rich. of course each land has its own resources so some serve better as colonies than others]

military
    Spoiler
    Show
    goblin hordes:varies

[various bands of goblinoids roam the many different lands. these goblin bands will sometimes choose to lend their swords to various causes]

dwarven arms:++

[the dwarves are some of the finest makers of arms and armor in the world. any army who was equipped with this fine gear would find it quite a boon]

magic
    Spoiler
    Show
    towers of the magi:+++

[there are atleast 3 towers of the magi scattered about the world,each full of wonderous secrets. anyone who controlled a tower would grealy benefit from the vast stores of magic within]

staff of the magi:++

[the staff of the magi is an artifact of immense power. a great benefit for any mage who had the ambition to seek the staff]

blood jar:+++(may only be applied to 3 actions)

[the blood jar is an ancient artifact that is full of blood mana taken from the ancient turanian mages of old. a worthy mage may draw power from the ancient blood of old, but only for a limited time as the mana stored in the blood will eventually deplete
    Last edited by oblivion6; 2012-04-11 at 06:18 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Default Re: [IC] TW:epic fantasy

it is springtime on the continent and the fate of the world is still uncertain 500 years after the shattering. people wake up everyday knowing that it may be their last day on earth... but life goes on

in the west

what is the latest news from the surrounding areas? the harmonioum empires military dictator of the western shores asked a small middle aged man, his chief of external affairs

the man clears his throat then replies [color"sienna"]the nagarean theocracy seeks allies against us as usual but we have managed to prevent an actual war so far. our ports have seen a suspiciously large number of merchant vessels arriving in the past few weeks. supposedly from some rising power in the western ocean. they are no great threat however.[/color]

excellent news. things are going much better than expected. soon we should be able to let the emperor himself visit his new holdings. how goes are campaign against the giants in the mountains?

the small mans eyes grow melancholy. not good. they have repulsed all of our attacks. we managed to avoid taking too many losses but they managed to get general brunae during the battle. what are your orders?

the dictator transcribes several documents and affixs his seal to them before responding i am sorry to hear about the general. pull all our forces back from the mountains we cannot afford to lose any more men right now. also i would like you to order the general staff to move fully half of the available legions to the dalmascan border. just in case the theocracy tries something.

yes my lord. the man says with a bow and withdraws from the room

in the south

her royal majesty, queen lymslea of the queendom of faluna sat in council with her top advisors. no! we can not afford to aid the theocracy in this matter. i would like to keep up diplomatic relations but we cant risk antagonizing the empire. see if we can aid them in another way the queen says to the assembled councilors

okay. i see your point. her elder brother conceded

there now that thats settled is there anything else that requires my attention? the queen said in a bored voice. she was never very comfortable in matters of state

her high commander, sir georg who was quiet up until that point spoke up there isnt really anything else going on at the moment. the rozarians are conducting war games but thats nothing new and the vale is quiet as usual. however we have been recieving disturbing reports of some sort of hellish cult to the south claiming land. they hav'nt been overtly hostile yet but all the same

the queen instantly perked up at that. mobilize the army then and have all fleets ready to sail down the feitas river at a moments notice. i want to see if we can resolve this peacefully though. perhaps these reports are exaggerated

in the east

bah!!! just mobilize the army and send those beasts back to whatever hell they came from. i refuse to let those damn goblins push us around!

the dwarf kings aide says right away my king. and with that he salutes and runs off

in the north

any other potential profitable oppurtunitys here in the north? the merchant prince kholad asks his wife, a slim half elf with thick blonde hair

his wife responds in a rich melodic voice quite a bit actually. apparently there are rumours of some sort of risen king back from the dead who is attempting to forge a empire for himself. i dont really believe that hes dead of course but it would be wise to keep a few eyes up there. i also sent a few people to check out that mine you asked me about. they managed to buy up the entire mining party right under their masters nose. in other news it turns out that the gnomes may have some competition from some forgotten race of trolls if you believe the rumours of drunk old men and the hive mind is doing nothing as usual

prince kholad laughed and said ha ha ha. quite a bit of unlikely news up here then. but i suppose we'll keep an eye out nonetheless
    Last edited by oblivion6; 2012-04-11 at 09:33 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

In the Depths of Forge Citadel Col'Volac
    The Thane is watching over the counsil of Deep lords, which is arguing the merits of contuined isolationisim, vurses returning to the world. The debating is fierce on both sides, With Templar Kol'rok as the leader for Isolationisim, to be free from the magicaly tainted surface dwellers, while Runelord Tolvxiv emerged as the leader of the remergence. "Enough. As this debate could rage on for weeks, we will do the following. We will send gifts to several nations, and await their response. If things go badly, we can always seal ourselves in here. We have heard rumors of the Fallen ones return, and several of our agents on the surface have identifed key markets. We will send them our tradtional gift." As the Thane orders it, they obey. Soon, Several Shields were being sent out.

To the mountin Trolls
    Spoiler
    Show
    At the Mountin Trolls main city, a Deep Troll appears. "Hail cousins! I wish to speak with your chief."

To the Queendom of Faluna
    Spoiler
    Show
    A troll, dressed in well made Grey sppears in one of your mines. Speaking broken trade tounge, it has a package that it wants to deliver to the queen.

To the Dwarven Alliance
    Spoiler
    Show
    A Troll in very well made clothes walks into one of your mines, and in Broken Trade tounge, calls itself a ambassador, and asks to see the king.

To the Risen
    Spoiler
    Show
    A Troll Appears on your borders, and speaks the tounge of your empire flawlessly, "Hail Risen Sons of the Fallen. We seek to renew our Freindship of old, from before you went down into deaths cold realm. I come bearing a Gift for your emporer."

To the Gnomes
    Spoiler
    Show
    A Troll shows up on your borders and is speaking a old form of gnomish.
    "Hail tinkerfolk. We wish to forge new ties between our peoples, and come bearing a gift for your leader."

To the Zexan consortium
    Spoiler
    Show
    A troll appers in one of your mines, and in a broken form of trade speech, says it's a ambassador. It asks for a meeting with one of your leaders.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

The Risen Empire

Morale: +++++ ++-

To all(OOC):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, Patria is a nation of fanatics, worshiping their god-emperor. I'll try to represent that in the roleplay.

In a bright land, within the White City, upon His golden throne, the Emperor watches over His people, holding them within His grey eyes.

From the effectively omnipresent eyes which are His sigil, the Emperor watches. From the Flesh Imperishable with which all Patrians are blessed, the Emperor protects.

From the endless pools of magic and will that the Emperor embodies, Patria is given the bidding of the Emperor, and the Emperor bids it to rise. So the Emperor has decreed. So it is, for in Patria, the Emperor is God.

Within the courtyard which rests beneath the Emperor's court, the doors to the Bottomless Tomb stand open. Within the afterlife, the dead hear the Emperor's call, and it is heeded. Stepping forth, one by one the countless dead receive the Gift of the Flesh Imperishable.

Praise and Glory to the Emperor, for He is Risen! By the Grace of the Emperor, Patria is Risen!. As the Emperor commands, so does Patria act! The Emperor has given His command, and all Patria shall hear it and grow great in His name!

To: The Grim
    Spoiler
    Show

<OOC>I'm going to be using you to refer to the ambassador, and for no other purpose during this section. Hopefully that makes this a lot more readable.</OOC>

The robed Patrian which discovers you seems a little surprised, but then seems to recognize you. "Hail, friend of old. The Emperor would speak to you directly, if you are willing to come."

A faint golden glow seems to appear on the horizon, and you instinctively know that there is where the Emperor will be found.

To: The Venetian Isles
    Spoiler
    Show

A tall man garbed in a robe of blackened silk arrives on the shore of one of the larger isles. It isn't certain how he got there, with no boat or other means of transport apparent. He is requesting an audience.

To: The Zexan Consortium
    Spoiler
    Show

A large woman garbed in blue and black silk arrives in the city, and requests an audience. She is claiming ambassadorial status, though no nation is claimed yet.
    Last edited by NM020110; 2012-04-12 at 10:22 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Venetian Isles
    morale: +

Yet another session of the bickering council. Thinks Grand Admiral Antonio da Parma as he enters the Council Chambers. At least I should be able to unite them in their quest for wealth. I shouldn't have much trouble pushing through todays Agenda.

With his arrival everyone in the council chambers rises and offers a salute. Sloppy he thinks as he watches some of the councilmen. He returns the salute quickly, and moves to take his seat. After sitting through hours of internal troubles he finally finds an opening and motions for Caterina di Franco to speak.

Caterina rises and begins a presentation to the council, saying My fellow Councilors I would like to propose an update on our trading policy. Until now most of our trade has been focused on the nearby nations, however thanks to our new Cannons we now have the Naval power to defend longer trade routes to more distant nations. I propose to the council that we extend our hand to the Vale city-states and the Zexan Consortium.

Zevran, a council member with heavy interests in the merchants guilds immediatly rises and says I second this motion. Trade will greatly benefit our nation, and we should seek it wherever we can.

After some minor discussion on technicalities the council approves the proposal.

Antonio is pleasantly surprised that he did not have use his influence to pass the measure, but supposes that in matters of money the councilors are fairly level headed. Now comes the hard part He thinks to himself, before rising and saying The Navy of the League has decided that our new found naval power should be used to seek out unexplored island in the surrounding area. This promises to be a great was to expand our economy and increase our standing in the world. As such We propose allocating a third of our Naval resources to the finding of new colonies.

Zevran immediately leaps to his feet with a look of outrage on his face. A third! Our navy is all that keeps pirates from raiding our trade routes! and you propose to send them on a fools errand to find islands that may not even exist? How could you even think this.

Francisco Caravello slowly rises and in an almost bored tone says Sir I think you greatly underestimate the strength of our navy, although what else can you expect from someone who does nothing but lounge in his villa all day. This prompts some laughter, and after it dies down Caravello continues The navy has already destroyed the pirates in the area, you have nothing to fear from them. We can easily afford the losses, after all we have a greater navy than basically everyone on the planet, and unless we piss of the harmonium it looks like it will be staying that way.

The insult combined with the rational response and the obvious approval from the Grand Admiral is enough for the councilors to barely pass the vote, at which point Antonio breathes out a sigh of relief. He wasn't sure that measure would pass. Despite that he regretted having to go to Caravello for help. There would certainly be some payment at a later date.

The council continued debating trivial issues for another hour before the session ended and Antonio walked back to his office to speak with Caterina.

I appreciate that you were willing to go to Caravello. I know how unpleasant that must have been, given how at odds you two usually are. The islands we find should greatly increase our strength and position in the world.

Indeed, they will. Now I will write out a missive to the Harmonium, formally introducing us and our peaceful intentions. Hopefully they won't be to suspicious. I want you to write to the Vale, and the Consortium. Hopefully we can get some deals out of them.

To the Harmonium
    Spoiler
    Show

To the duly appointed representatives of the Holy Harmonium Empire, I the Grand Admiral of the Venetian Naval League wish to formally offer greetings and open negotiations with your nation. Recently a great many of our merchant ships have been going to your empire to trade, as you have likely noticed. I wish to assure you that the Venetian Isles have no hostile intent, and merely wish to open friendly relations. Hopefully we can soon come to a mutually profitable arrangement. I understnad that you have recently come to acquire some new lands. Bringing these lands up to the high Harmonium standards will surely cost a good deal of money. I'm sure that the Venetian Isles can provide a good trading partner for the good you undoubtedly need. I sincerely hope that we can come to an agreement soon.

Antonio da Parma, Grand Admiral of the Venetian Naval League

To the Vale
    Spoiler
    Show

To the representatives of the Vale city-states, I bring greetings from the Venetian Isles, and wish to negotiate a mutually beneficial proposal. With our expanded navy we are now capable of defending trade routes to more distant nation such as yourself, and wish to propose a trade agreement. We wish for the reduction of tariffs so that merchants will be able to trade more easily. We would both benefit immensely from this proposal. Your resources could benefit our nation immensely, and our trade relations could give you access to goods of supreme quality from all over the world. Surely you see the benefits that could be gained by this. We will be awaiting your response with anticipation.

Caterina di Franco, Minister of trade for the Venetian Naval League

To the Zexan Consortium
    Spoiler
    Show

To the representatives of the Zexan Consotrium I bring greeting from the Venetian Isles, and wish to discuss a mutually profitable proposal. We have a large network of sea trading relationships with nations across the world, and would like to expand our list of trading partners. As you are currently the largest trading empire in the world an association between us would bring unheard of profits. With your network we could buy goods from territories in the interior of the main continent, while from us you would gain easier access to the goods produced in the island nations. Additionally our merchants ships could provide a faster and cheaper route for your trade with the southern nations, as traveling by land is always slower than by sea. Should you be interested in this arrangement then reply to us, and we will send a representative to negotiate with you.

Caterina di Franco, Minister of trade for the Venetian Naval League
    Last edited by hydroplatypus; 2012-04-12 at 11:45 AM.
    "The AI does not hate you, nor does it love you, but you are made out of atoms which it can use for something else" - Eliezer Yudkowsky

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To the Risen
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I will go, that is why I'm here after all." He starts walking towards where the Emoperer is. "Tell me, how have you fared in the days since that fall? We of course know that your... not entirely alive, but." He shrugs. "And to be honest, we have a tad of morbid intrest in the grey realm."
    At the Camp of a Big Goblin boss
    Spoiler
    Show
    A Troll appears, and begins asking for a aduenince with the Chief.

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7

GreataxeFighterGuy

((OOC: Guys, for the sake of all reading: Can people please put both their Faction names and the Morale level of their message when sending a post?))

The Corrupted Morale: +++++ +

To the Vale
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would like 1/2 of any surplus grain you produce. Do not refuse us.

To GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Do you think there's any way you could compile a list of NPCs and PCs, with their stats included? It would make a great reference sheet, so one doesn't have to search back through the OOC.
    Last edited by ragingrage; 2012-04-12 at 06:35 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8

AssassinGuy

Venetian Isles

to the Risen Empire
    Spoiler
    Show

Although the people of the Venetian Isles are puzzled by the mans sudden appearance he is quickly escorted to speak with Grand Admiral Antonio. Being escorted he arrives at Antonio's office. Antonio looks up from some paperwork on his desk and saysSo you say you represent a new empire looking for relations. What have you come to say?
    "The AI does not hate you, nor does it love you, but you are made out of atoms which it can use for something else" - Eliezer Yudkowsky

9. - Top - End - #9

WolfInSheepsClothing

The Risen Empire

Morale: +++++ ++-

To: The Venetian Isles (morale: +)
    Spoiler
    Show

The man seems to be perfectly at ease, despite being unarmed, unarmored, unsupplied, and without a means of trasportation.
    I have come merely to make an offer. The Emperor has recently laid His claim upon a port, and it has been secured. We would establish lines of trade through this port to yours.

Additionally, if you would hear it, we would offer a pact of mutual defense."

To: The Deep Trolls (secure communication)
    Spoiler
    Show

You follow the path to the Emperor easily, coming to the capitol of Patria. It is built entirely of marble, gilt with silver and gold. At the center of the city stands the Emperor's palace, from which the golden light is emitted.

At no point is your path impeded, and the citizens can even be seen to make way for you. The palace doors are open, allowing you direct access to the Emperor.

Within the throne room, you find Him. As He opens His eyes, revealing endless grey throughout, the glow fades, and He is revealed. The Emperor of old, from a time long lost to myth.

"Welcome, Friend of Old, to this White City. It is indeed good to see you again, in this age.

I am told that you wish to renew the friendship which we shared so long ago. If so, then I would propose the same treaty as we shared in those times, that the citizens of each of our nations should be allowed to travel freely within the other's domain, that traders should find open markets within any place where the other's traders may do business, and that we should aid each other in times of hardship and war.

If it should please thee, our friendship shall blossom anew."

10. - Top - End - #10

AssassinGuy

The Venetian Isles
    Morale: +

to the Risen Empire
    Spoiler
    Show

Antonio looks at the man in front of him, and noting his lack of fear deduces that he is likely a mage of some kind. Looking at the man he says in a reserved tone Although the Venetian Isles are always open to more trade, I must ask what empire do you represent? Until recently we have dealt mainly with the western nations, and are unfamiliar with the Emperor you represent. Should he be a legitimate power we will graciously accept your offers of trade relations.

As for the mutual defense pact that will require more consideration. Our nation is mainly naval based, and cannot provide many armed forces for a land war. So we would need to specify exactly what the contract says. We would also need to know the current state of diplomatic relations that your empire has with the surrounding nations. If we are to enter a mutual defense agreement we would like to know what we are getting into.

Saying this he motions to one of his guards and says Bring me Caterina and Caravello. They should be here for these negotiations.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To the Risen(PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "That is all our Thane wished. And we have reforged something for you." He opens the box he was carrying, and pulls out what seems to be a physical fragment of the sunset, as the light is hiting it. "The Helm of The Sunsets, made of gold, rubys and many gems, wovern and forged into the helm, made to reflect the glory of the setting sun." He kneels and offers it to the emporer. "As it's orginal, The Helm of the Rsing Sun, was lost, please take this token of our respect for you."

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

to ragingrage
    Spoiler
    Show
    yes. i will work to update the 1st post of the OOC with all the necessary PC and npc information. also in case you didnt get the hint that hellish cult they were talking about in faluna in the opening post represents your faction. tat was a vary threatening message you sent to the vale

harmonioum empire

to venetian isle[+]
    Spoiler
    Show
    we can not just go around and declare ourselves friends with everyone under the sun. prove to us that you are serious in your offer of friendship and trade. then perhaps we can discuss closer relations

the vale

to venetian isle[+]
    Spoiler
    Show
    we would be delighted to open up new trade routes with you

to the corrupted
    Spoiler
    Show
    while we dont entirely know who you are, we are not afraid of your idle threats

zexan consortium

to the deep trolls[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    your messanger is met by the esteemed baron vaska. "we have heard rumours of you. what can the consortioum do for you?"

to the venetian isle[+]
    Spoiler
    Show
    very well. send a representitive to the manor of prince kholad in luskar if you desire a meeting

to the risen[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    you are met in the city of luskar by a middle aged man dressed in fine clothes. "you wished to speak with the consortium?

gnomes to the deep trolls[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "hail deep trolls." what can we do for you?

dwarven alliance to the trolls
    Spoiler
    Show
    after grudgingly accepting that you mean no harm the aide manages to get you an audience with the king

queendom of faluna to trolls[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    when you arrive before the palace gates you are immediantly met by an entire company of spearmen and archers at their head stands a young man of maybe 30

"what busness does a troll have with the queen!?" he shouts at you

mountain trolls to deep trolls
    Spoiler
    Show
    "hail cousins!" what can we do for you?" a large mountain troll greets you
    Last edited by oblivion6; 2012-04-12 at 06:17 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Corrupted MORALE: +++++ +
    To GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Got some questions in the QT, if you saw

To the Risen Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    Would you be interested in hosting a joint conference of our two mage groups? Each of us likely knows spells and incantations that other does not.

To the Deep Dwarves
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would be interested in purchasing some of your technology, once you have researched it. Please, contact us if you have any for sale.

To the Jack Collective
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would be interested in purchasing your services. Please contact us through secure channels (send a diplomat for PMs) so we may discuss the contract without the possibility of any snoopers.

To the Laranese Gnomes
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would be interested in purchasing some of your technology, once you have researched it. Please, contact us if you have any for sale.

To the Dwarven Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    Would you be interested in cooperating to free the mines that the filthy Harmonium empire has captured?

To the Fire Giants
    Spoiler
    Show
    Might we ask, were there any tactics that were highly effective against the Harmonium empire, when you so bravely defeated them?

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

OOC; Forgot to mention what my guys look like.... 12 foot tall, with skin the colour and texture of granite, thier eyes look like pools of lava. Their hair looks mettalic.
    The Deep Trolls

To the zexan consortium
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Our thane has said the time has come to return to the dealings of the surface world. We've heard of you, and know what kind of people we need to deal with. We have also brought a gift for you." He opens the box he was carrying, and pulls out a goblet. A goblet made of a hollowed diamons, with a hilt of gold, with runes of silver and emrealds set into base. "We give you a Chalice of the Goulj'niok, as a token of our respect."

To the Gnomes
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We have heard of you in the deeps, and see fellow strivers for natures truths. We have heard that you didn't have a device that We're sure would be of great value for you." He opens the crate he had with him. Inside it is a strange contraption. "This is our steam powered Book Printer. We've also inculded a book, writen in your tounge, that explains how to use it."

To the Dwarves
    Spoiler
    Show
    The court is suprised, the Troll is speaking Old(High) dwarven, flawlessly.
    "Honored King of the Stones children, The Grim'volskarm-kostrvaig'molgocv greet you. We are returning closer to the surface, and wish only peace. We have heard of you in these tunnels, and desire a freindship between our peoples. We have also brought to you something that has been in our keeping for some time." He opens the case he was carrying, and all the dwarves fall back in shock! The Hammer of The Stonesheart! Myth held that it was reclaimed by spirts of the deep stone when the greatest dwarven hero fell, 600 years ago. "We return the hammer to you, and feel we must make ammends for holding on to it for so long."

to the queendom of faluna(PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    He bows to the young man, in a very old fashioned manner. "I am a Ambassador from the Grim'volskarm-kostrvaig'molgocv, Though you would say Deep Troll. Our Thane is sending us to many of the leaders above our lands, wishing peace and freindship with the surface after so long apart from it. We also bear a gift for the leader of each, as our customs demand. And if you are worried about one such as I doing violence, it would be shameful beyond life to breach the laws of hospitailty."

To the mountin Trolls
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We're returning to the Surface world, and are sending tokens of peace. We wish that two of the houses of the Trolls will renew their old freindship in the coming days. We know how you used to enjoy astronomy, so we made you some telescopes. We've also made a special blade for the Fire trolls. Fitted for one of their peoples stature, and made of stainless Steel. It will never rust." He says the last with a smile on his face.
    Last edited by Grimsage Matt; 2012-04-12 at 07:13 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15

AssassinGuy

Venetian Isles

To the Harmonium Empire

Spoiler
    Show

You hesitation is completely understandable. We would greatly like to prove our friendship to the Holy Harmonium Empire, and will gladly undertake efforts to do so. For instance you currently have some of your Navy protecting your sea trade routes with friendly nations. The Venetian Isles has a fairly large navy, and could take over some of these duties, freeing up these naval resources for a more productive use. In order to continue further discussions a representative of our nation will be arriving shortly, with a gesture of our goodwill.

Antonio da Parma, Grand Admiral of the Venetian Naval League

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

the gift being used is a significant amount of reasources judged by the Venetian Isles to be useful to the Harmonium. Basically + economy, in order to show the Harmonium I am serious about desiring friendly relations. After all trading with a friendly empire of that size will definatly be good for my economy long term.

To the Vale
    Spoiler
    Show

A diplomatic representative is dispatched from the Isles to the Vale, in hopes of drafting a formal agreement. Traveling by ship he should arrive shortly.

To the Consortium
    Spoiler
    Show

A diplomatic representative is dispatched from the Isles to the Vale, in hopes of drafting a formal agreement.Traveling by ship he should arrive shortly.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The Deep Trolls (Morale 3)
    To The corrupted
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC; Ragingrage, by deep dwarves did you mean deep trolls? just wondering. Also, my guys have a long memory for trouble.....
    Demon touched. We will not treat with you. We rember the lasttime your kind was loosed on this world. While we will not just kill you, neither will we treat with your kind. Just be glad there are no Templars at this Hold.

To the DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC;
    I didn't Check the minor NPC's, The last gift should have been to the Fire giants, I'll edit that.
    Last edited by Grimsage Matt; 2012-04-13 at 12:26 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

fire giants to the corrupted[+++++ +]
    Spoiler
    Show
    bah. they are pathetic wimps. as long as you dont get cornered and alone out in the open. that way their superior numbers cant impact the battle. why? you planning a war?]

harmonioum empire to venetian isle[+]
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: just make sure to put the economy transfer in your EOT. also permanent or temp economy?

that is a very tempting offer. im sure the consul would speak to your representitive personally

the zexan consortium and the vale to venetian isles[+]
    Spoiler
    Show
    we would be delighted to meet your representitive

zexan consortium to deep trolls[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    the baron examines the necklace and says "hmm. fine craftsmanship. im sure we can work out a deal"

gnomes to deep trolls[+++]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "hmm. i sense some competition coming" a gnome says in a squeeky voice

gnomes to corrupted[+++++]
    Spoiler
    Show
    hmm. demon folk. interesting.any particular type of technology your looking for?

dwarves to deep trolls[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "perhaps you trolls are not all bad after all. im sure we could reach an agreement concerning trade

dwarves to the corrupted[+++++ +]
    Spoiler
    Show
    that is a very tempting idea. however we are currently fighting goblins in our tunnels so we could not contribute any troops at the moment

queendom of faluna to trolls [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    after much argument you are eventually let into the palace(under heavy guard). you are met by the queen, a young beautiful young woman of maybe 25

now now. brother. im not afraid of a silly troll. my arent you a curious being. what brings you here? she asks you in a rich melodic voice
    Last edited by oblivion6; 2012-04-12 at 11:39 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The Deep Trolls (Morale 3)

To the gnomes(PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We do not wish for conflict, rather, we acknolage your peoples drive for knowledge, which we can relate to, and see in you fellow seekers after truth. We also realize that your people are able to do things we can't, due to us beeing magic void."

To the Zexan consortium(PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC; A chalice is a goblet, or a fancy name for a big fancy, old fashioned cup. It's not a necklace
    "We would be honored with a working relationship."

To the Dwarves(PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Thank you. In fact, there is a preposal I was authorized to make. If you would like, we would install steam trams to help your peoples mobillity. We also intend to do something to the goblins, and magga carrma, those things are a seasonal, never ending pestilence. Hopefully, what we have planed will keep their numbers down for a few years."

To the Queendom of Faluna(PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "My lady, the Grim'volskarm-kostrvaig'molgocv, or Deep Trolls in your tounge, are returning to the affairs of the surface. We are approching all those who have lands above us, as well as some old freinds. Our customs demand that we send tokens of peace." He opens the package he's carrying, and what almost seems like water is pulled out. "A Cape of Laughing Streams, woven from silver thread, with sapphire, lapis luzi and other gems woven in, so each movement is as a stream, and is as light as silk. We would be honored if you would accept."

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19

GreataxeFighterGuy

To the Fire Giants
    Spoiler
    Show
    We had though that they were getting a little high on their pedestal, as it were. Would you be interested in aiding us? Your assistance might be what we need to deal a crippling blow to those cowards.

To the Gnomes
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would like to increase our magical and military power, and anything you develop related to that would be interesting. We would be especially interested in those airships we have heard you are developing.

To the Deep Trolls
    Spoiler
    Show
    ((Yeah, mistake, sorry)) Fanatics, we see. Well then. We only ask that you do not interfere.

To the Vale
    Spoiler
    Show
    The messenger laughs at the representative he meetsThey were not "idle".

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The Deep Trolls(Morale 3)

To the Corrupted
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fanatics? As I said whelp, we remeber the last time hellspawn swept through this world. The Grim'volskarm-kostrvaig'molgocv will not be a part of Hell's plans. And as for not interfering, will neither help nor interfere, unless you do something stupid to the natives. We'll be watching.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21

AssassinGuy

The Venetian Isles

To the Holy Harmonium Empire
    Spoiler
    Show

A ship bearing the official colors of the Venetian Isles pulls into a Harmonium Port. The diplomatic representative aboard asks to be escorted to someone he will be able to negotiate with.

He comes bearing the following treaty
    Spoiler
    Show

{this is a summary of the intent, not the legal text. Also anything in {} means OOC notes}

By signing this treaty both the Harmonium Empire and the Venetian Isles agree to the following conditions.

1. To take no actions to impede the flow of trade between each other

2. To lower tariffs between merchants representing the other party

3. Any new territories acquired by either party shall have the same conditions apply, as apply to the main nation.

4. Neither nation shall take action against the other to prevent trade with any third party nation, regardless of the signatory nations opinions of the third party.

5. Should another nation attempt to disrupt the trade of either signatory without a formal declaration of war the other signatory nation shall assist in maintaining the trade routes. {not a key selling point, can be negotiated away if the harmonium dislike it}

6. For the duration of this treaty the signatory nations agree to partake in no aggressive action against the other party. {also negotiable. Harmonium might want to negotiate non-aggression separately}

7. Either party may terminate the treaty should they desire, however they must pay a sum of money to the other party {++ econ, temp}

The Venetian Isles agrees to the following conditions as well as the above

1. To use their naval power to assist the Harmonium in protecting trade routes {+ navy to start, but negotiations might bring it higher or lower depending on harmonium desires}. The Venetian Isles reserve the right to withdraw these fleet elements should they become engaged in a war.

2. A signing bonus of + econ {temp} shall be provided to the Harmonium Empire as a gesture of Goodwill.

The Harmonium Empire agrees to the following conditions in addition to the both nations conditions.

1. The empire acknowledges the Venetian Isles claim to any colonies that are founded while this treaty is in effect.

{all points negotiable to some extent, but the ones I have highlighted, are the ones I am less attached to.}

OOC

The ambassadors to the other nations will take longer to get there as the nations are farther away (aka. I'm being lazy and will write their stuff later today).
    Last edited by hydroplatypus; 2012-04-13 at 01:00 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22

GreataxeFighterGuy

To the Deep Trolls
    Spoiler
    Show
    We're not sure we...follow you. We are new to this world -- we have not "swept through it" as you say. Perhaps you are confusing us with someone else?

To the Dwarves
    Spoiler
    Show
    Would you appreciate assistance in clearing the goblins? We understand if you have any...misgivings about us but we want to hasten the time where we can bring the fight against the Harmonium empire itself.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The Deep Trolls
    (Morale 3)

To the corrupted
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hellspawn are hellspawn. It has it's claws in you, and now your "kind" is back. We remeber what happened the last time Helltouched swept through here, and we don't want a repeat of that time. It's only been four hundrend thousand years, did your Infernal masters think we had even come close to forgetting?
    OOC;They have very long memories for trouble, and it adds a source of conflict

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24

GreataxeFighterGuy

To the Deep Trolls
    Spoiler
    Show
    So just because someone from a group we are affiliated with did something bad (something that we have no idea what it is) you are vehemently opposed to working with us? What we said. Fanatics.

25. - Top - End - #25

AssassinGuy

The Venetian Isles

To the Vale
    Spoiler
    Show

A ship bearing the official colors pulls into the ports of one of the larger city-states. A representative of the Venetian Isles is aboard. He asks to be taken to the Leadership of the Vale.

He bears the following treaty
    Spoiler
    Show

{same OOC and intent vs. legal text thing as last time}

Both nations signing this treaty agree to the following

1. To lower barriers to trade, and otherwise allow for the easy flow of good with the other signatory nation.

2. To do their best to stop troubles concerning their nation from disrupting trade. Exceptions for outright war.

3. As best as the signatory nations are able they will attempt to protect trade routes from pirates, and other bodies that would disrupt the flow of trade.

4. Should an officially recognized nation attempt to disrupt trade the signatory nations will both attempt to get rid of this pressure as best as they are able, short of war.

5. The nations shall undertake no efforts to put up any new trade barriers towards the other signatory nations, and shall not encourage other nations to do so.

6. If the contract must be canceled at a later date the one who initiates this separation is entitled to compensation in the amount of {+++ + temp econ, delivered over the course of 2 turns}

7. agree to the temporary suspension of the treaties obligations in the event of a war, contingent on informing the other party of the war, its reasons for existing, and what conditions they are not going to fulfill.

This is considered a draft version, and the Representative we have sent has the authority to negotiate the terms contained within this treaty.

Caterina di Franco Minister of trade for the Venetian Naval League
    Antonio da Parma Grand Admiral of the Venetian Naval League

To the Consortium
    Spoiler
    Show

A ship bearing the official colors pulls into a port of the Zexan Consortium. He asks to be escorted to the manor of prince kholad in luskar. He comes bearing the following treaty

Spoiler
    Show

{the usual}

Both signatory nations agree to the following

1. To maintain the current state of low tariffs, and not attempt to raise new trade barriers

2. To protect trade routes to the best of their ability.

3. To assist the other nation in gaining new trade partners as much as is reasonable.

4. To not attempt to stop or slow down trade between the other signatory nation and a third party

5. should the signatory nations desire to cancel this treaty they will have to pay the opposing nation +++ + temp econ paid out over 2 turns.

6. agree to the temporary suspension of the treaties obligations in the event of a war, contingent on informing the other party of the war, its reasons for existing, and what conditions they are not going to fulfill.

26. - Top - End - #26

Jack Collective

Morale: +++

To the Zexan Consortium:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings to you, merchants of Faluna,

We of the Jack Collective, as you well know, have a bit of a lacking trade network. As such, your aid would greatly benefit us in expanding this, and we can offer you something that will aid you in turn. What we deal in is information, and if traders like you had insider information regarding what other nations required, you could make a hefty profit. If such a deal interests you, we gladly welcome discussion as to further details. Otherwise... Well, we don't have much else to offer, I'm sorry to say.

Good luck to you, whatever your decision.
    -Jack 35

To the Dwarven Alliance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hail to you, Stone Kings,

We of the Collective have heard many tales of the superb craftsmanship of your people and have an interest in trading for such arms and armor for our forces. It is well known of your distaste for the Harmonium Empire. Maybe we can arrange a trade regarding that. We feed you what information we can find on their actions, and in return you equip our armies? Or, if we can find the available funds, we can pay from our coffers instead.

The exact details can be elaborated on at a later point. We just are seeing if you have any interest in such a deal.
    -Jack 35

To the Laranese Gnomes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We have heard from our sources that you are developing airships for the Rozarian Empire. Would it be possible to arrange a deal where the Collective could obtain a similar vehicle? Or possibly the technology requisite to develop one?

If you have any interest in something our intelligence services can obtain, or in a more concrete form of payment, we can discuss the details.
    -Jack 35

To the Corrupted: (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Such a deal could prove beneficial to each of us... What were you planning on offering on your side of the bargain?

-Jack 35

27. - Top - End - #27

GreataxeFighterGuy

To the Jack Collective (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We think that cooperation of your espionage power and our military might could lead to easy and profitable raids on a variety of nations. If you use your espionage to smuggle some troops into key economic centers (the Vale, the Zexan consortium, the Venetian Union) we could strike them and loot and harm their economy (or other systems within the area). Then, you could smuggle us back; resulting in minimal losses and (hopefully) great loot. Does this seem like a good plan to you?

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

[b]zexan consortium to deep trolls[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC:yes i know a chalice is a goblet. for some reason i thought it said necklace.

sounds like a plan

zexan consortium to jacks collective[+++]
    Spoiler
    Show
    thats is a very interesting suggestion. i think its a good idea

[b]zexan consortium to the vale[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    it is a decent treaty. however we can not agree to follow any of the amendments involving foreign wars. you understand. we are a neutral party

vale to the venetian isle[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    we accept your proposal

dwarves to the corrupted[+++++]
    Spoiler
    Show
    that is an interesting idea. i think we can work something out

dwarves to deep trolls[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: i think magga cammara means by the stone

well let us know what you come up with. goblins are pathetic nuiscances

dwarves to jacks collective[+++]
    Spoiler
    Show
    that is acceptable

gnomes to jacks collective[+++]
    Spoiler
    Show
    yes we could be persuaded to sell you our airships

fire giants to the corrupted[+++++ +]
    Spoiler
    Show
    we will aid you when the time comes. we bring mountan kinsmen as well

gnomes to the corrupted[+++++]
    Spoiler
    Show
    yes we do have several technologies available with military applications

OOC: i will put them on your quicktopic when i have time
    Last edited by oblivion6; 2012-04-14 at 01:55 AM.

29. - Top - End - #29

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Corrupted Morale:+++++ +

To the Dwarves
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are gladdened that you will accept our assistance. We would be willing to send +++++ mil, but we will bow to your wisdom if you only need a fraction of that.

To the Fire Giants
    Spoiler
    Show
    We thank you, brave friends. We hope the day we call upon you shall be soon.

30. - Top - End - #30

GreataxeFighterGuy

To the Gnomes
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would be interested in purchasing the experimental cannons, which you offered for ++- temp econ. However, as we do not have the funds to afford that, we offer this deal instead: + temp eco and + temp tech for the cannons. Would that be acceptable?