Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Results 301 to 330 of 578

Thread: Gai-len [IC]

  1. - Top - End - #301
    Orc in the Playground
     
    maestrodesigns's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Ouch... This snake really means business it seems... Tralkor tries to exploit the slippery gooey ... stuff to aid him in his ongoing struggle with the snake. He musters all his strength and tries to forcefully slip away from the huge snake.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Escape/avoid grapple (1d20+22)[25]

    His initial attempt seems to be in vain once more though... The gooey stuff helps, but he entirely miscalculates the proper use of his strength to work with the slipperiness...
    Last edited by maestrodesigns; 2012-03-19 at 05:41 PM.
    Active Characters

  2. - Top - End - #302
    Orc in the Playground
     
    maestrodesigns's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Giving up however isn't something Ogres are familiar with. Tralkor tries again, this time combining his strength and his slipperiness somewhat more successful.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+22)[33]

    Just in case he manages to get loose he readies a quick move to get away from the beast. Those two bites were quite painful and he knew a third one could very well be his death warrant...
    Active Characters

  3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Derjuin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Land of Maps and Treasure
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Alright, let's try something different. Fight fire with fire, and snakes with centipedes, Vrishchika thinks. "Don't be alarmed," she calmly says to her friends as she enters a casting trance, this one much longer than her previous spells'.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Well, I have crap BAB, so shooting anything into the fray is risky and all my other spells are area effects or won't do anything (Sleep - 10 ft. area, Color Spray - 15 ft. cone, Web - yeah, Acid Splash/Acid Splatter - ranged, Glitterdust - it's a snake, it can track with its nose/tongue). So...

    Summon Monster III - Huge Fiendish Monstrous Centipede. Will appear on my next round.

  4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    OOC/ALL/SIEL:
    Spoiler
    Show
    PersonMan is away for a few days, so I will just have Siel stab again at the snake, so we can roll on. You seem to be, with the exception of Tralkor , on the winning hand.


    Nala shows her superior proficiency with the spear as she hits the snake again. It is hurt fairly badly now. Tralkor wriggles free and moves away just after Siel stabs at the serpent slicing well through its armor. The scene is decorated with soft chanting by Vrishchika, who is mustering extraplanar powers to your aid.

    The snake sees its victim fleeing, often a sign that dinner time has come. It lunges at the ogre, biting Tralkor for 13 damage. I need another grapple check, Tralkor, DC23 (and you again get a +10 bonus).

    You are all up. Siel and Nala, you get to make an attack of opportunity against the snake in addition to your normal attacks, as it darts out of your threatened area.

    Spoiler
    Show

    a(1d20)[14]
    d(1d8)[7]
    a(1d20)[4]
    d(1d8)[3]

    (1d20)[1]

    37
    Last edited by Autopsibiofeeder; 2012-03-26 at 03:19 PM.
    No PbP posting during the Easter weekend (Fri-Mon)
    Avatar by Recaiden

  5. - Top - End - #305
    Orc in the Playground
     
    maestrodesigns's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Gah... That bite nearly took me out! Tralkor tries to focus on the attacking snake, his vision blurred as blood gushes from his wounds.
    Mostly acting on instinct now, he forcefully resists the renewed attempt of the snake to grapple him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Resist grapple: (1d20+22)[40]

    His mind is in doubt for a second... He knows the wounds he has suffered are enough to take him down as they are. His experience in healing and curing assure him that any extensive move he'll make will rip them open even further and make him pass out, possibly even kill him.
    The snake in front of him, not only threatening him, but also the others in his care is more of a threat then his current wounds though.
    He grabs his club firmly in both hands and swings it at the huge head in front of him. "If I die, so do you! May the Black Sun remember me."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Swing greatclub: (1d20+8)[23] (4d8+8)[25]
    Active Characters

  6. - Top - End - #306
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TinselCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Nala scrabbles to get in another attack as the snake makes itself vulnerable. Tralkor is taking a beating from the snake, and the only think they can do about it is kill the creature quickly. When Tralkor smashes the creature and goes limp, Nala knows this is their last chance. Her knuckles turn white on the spear shaft and she drives for the center of the scaly mass.

    Spoiler
    Show
    AoO: (1d20+11)[16] Dmg: (1d8+6)[8]
    Attacks:
    1. (1d20+11)[15] Dmg: (1d8+6)[11]
    2. (1d20+6)[25] Dmg: (1d8+6)[9]
    Very awesome avatar by Derjuin.

  7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    In a matter of seconds, the tables turn and it becomes clear that the serpent bit off more than it could chew. As a final effort Tralkor pummels the beast, followed by a few fierce stabs by Nala's spear, slaying the snake.

    As you overlook the situation, you find both Tralkor and the snake motionless on the ground as a few feet away an enormous chitinous mass of legs appears. Covered in pitch black scales with fiercely red edges, the multilegged horror produces a twitching and tickling sound originating from various parts of its 5 meter long body, but mostly where you think its mouth is. Or should be. It does not really act, yet, but instead starts scavenging and munching on dead leaf matter on the forest floor.

    ALL:
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, there's the fiendish monstrous centipede and the unconscious ogrous druid I'd like to know how you will be dealing with.
    No PbP posting during the Easter weekend (Fri-Mon)
    Avatar by Recaiden

  8. - Top - End - #308
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TinselCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Nala freezes when the centipede appears. For such a large creature, itís amazing it was able to sneak up on them. It must have taken advantage of the fight. She looks at the fallen Tralkor, more than a little lost. "I have only a little medical skill," she says quietly for the others to hear, not taking her eyes off of the new creature. "Can any of you do better? Iíll watch this thing." If no one else can, she might be able to stabilize him. But if they get attacked again, things are going to get a lot worse.

    Carefully and slowly, so as not to startle the scavenging centipede, she creeps forward and imposes herself between Tralkor and the bug, slowly leveling her spear towards it. If it approaches, she will try to prod it away, and if it attacks, sheíll do her best to hold it off to give the others time to work.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move silently: (1d20+4)[9]
    Very awesome avatar by Derjuin.

  9. - Top - End - #309
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    The entire surface of her body covered by an aura of blue, Siel kneels down next to Tralkor wordlessly, placing a hand on a fairly uninjured part of the ogre and relishing the feeling of his suffering for a moment before expelling it from her body, driving grief and sorrow into his wounds, where it sows the damaged flesh back together under the magical command of the fey.

    I will tend to him. Siel says after a moment, as the healing energy works under her observation.

    Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Healan magiks

    (1d8+5)[12]
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

  10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    All:
    Spoiler
    Show
    There haven't been any posts, so I will just fill in the 'gaps'. You can discuss the multi-legged abomination later, IC, amongst yourselves ;).

    About negative hit points, I tend to deal with it like this: A character does not die at -10, instead, it dies at -10-HD. So, a 6HD character dies at -16, a 12HD character at -22, etc. I feel this compensates somewhat the fact that a 10 hp buffer is quite meaningless at high levels. Yes, this also applies to monsters, so giving it one extra poke to be sure is wise. And yes, the snake is dead, no worries .

    Also, when someone is at -X hp and recieves a healing spell, he or she adds the healing done to his or her hp (and not 'go to 0 (or 1, whatever it is)' first).


    Nala, the abyssal multipede does not react to your presence, nor does it undertake any other action besides grazing. After about half a minute, it disappears...just like that. Tralkor, you wake up and find Siel bent over you covered in a blue aura. You are still in pretty bad shape, but otherwise okay. This night will not give you the necessary rest to restore some of your vigor. If you, or someone else, plans to heal more before you continue your travel, let me know. The rest of the night is uneventful.

    All:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am going to assume that you will continue your night routine as planned and carry on in the morning and will post again in 24 hours (if RL allows). Let me know if you want to do stuff before carrying on. Should you want to heal or change spells studied, for example, and get caught by me posting earlier than you, you can do that retroactively, no worries.
    No PbP posting during the Easter weekend (Fri-Mon)
    Avatar by Recaiden

  11. - Top - End - #311
    Orc in the Playground
     
    maestrodesigns's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    When Tralkor returns to the conscious world, he takes a somewhat confused look at Siel. Then recognition returns in his experession."...right. No ancestors for me yet it seems." He grins and nods at Siel. "Thanks for saving me."

    He then slowly gets back up to his feet, takes a look at the dead snake, stretches his back and then looks at the rest. Seems they're all ok. Good.

    Now lets see if I can get myself somewhat back in shape again. Tralkor starts treating his wounds and uses some restorative magic to regain his strength.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I cast the entire assortment I have readied at the moment. 1 cure minor wounds (+1 hp), 1 cure light wounds (1d8+4)[8] and finally 1 lesser vigor (+14 hp over 14 rnds).
    Active Characters

  12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Derjuin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Land of Maps and Treasure
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Watching the centipede slip back to whatever weird realm she pulled it from, Vrishchika feels the effects of adrenaline wearing off. She is thankful Tralkor didn't die, but her energy is slipping and she gives a great yawn. "I'm going to go back to sleep," she announces, silently cursing the interruption to the group's rest. New top priority: figure out how to make magic houses, she notes before plopping down on the makeshift bed.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Sorry for huge big delay in posting, everyone. Procrastination is a terrible thing .

  13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    OOC/ALL:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, that took a bit longer than expected. The easter weekend was more eventful than planned :).


    You complete your resting cycle and continue your travels. The dense forest you entered seems to be endless as you navigate towards where you estimate the mountains and the mine should be. You travel a long, uneventful day and right at the point where some doubt about your direction may occur, you reach a clearing. Suddenly, the forest stops as you gaze upon the very foot of a mountain.

    As you look up, the mountain is fully forested, but a small stretch at its base shows only bare soil. You also see the, or at least a mine. A five foot high wall built with wooden poles encloses a section of the base of the mountain. Perhaps mine is not the right word, this place looks more like a quarry: a huge chunk of the mountain has been, somehow, removed. As you investigate from a distance, you see a big gaping hole in the mountain and some humanoid creatures working in the area. The creatures are decidedly small, and sport a hairless leathery skin. It is hard to judge from a distance, but your combined knowledge and scouting has you decide these guys must be kobolds.

    While scouting and discussing along the edge of the forest, Vrishchika finds a tree with distinct marks in it: Something that might be an arrow and a 10 below it. It does not take you long to find a tree with yet another mark 10 paces away from the first tree. It has an arrow and an 8. These must be the marks the bugbear mentioned, the marks to the entrance of the hideout of the dark elves. It seems you are close, in the right direction. Unfortunately, this day is ending. The darkness is creeping in with a swiftness you are, since yesterday, familiar with.

    OOC/ALL:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am going to assume you will rest now, in the same watching order as 'yesterday'. Let me know if you plan not to. Also, you are getting close to the dark elf hideout, so if you want to prepare different, special, spells, let me know. If you want to do 'other stuff', before sleeping, again let me know.
    No PbP posting during the Easter weekend (Fri-Mon)
    Avatar by Recaiden

  14. - Top - End - #314
    Orc in the Playground
     
    maestrodesigns's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    At the end of the day, Tralkor uses some of his healing magic, to get himself fully invigorated again. After that, he is more then happy to take up his part of the watch once more.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cure light wounds (1d8+4)[7]

    The next morning (if all goes well) he spends a little extra time preparing his spells, adjusting here and there to match the environment they'll be facing soon.
    Active Characters

  15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by maestrodesigns View Post
    The next morning (if all goes well) he spends a little extra time preparing his spells, adjusting here and there to match the environment they'll be facing soon.
    Sure, please let me know which changes Tralkor is are making.
    No PbP posting during the Easter weekend (Fri-Mon)
    Avatar by Recaiden

  16. - Top - End - #316
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TinselCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    The mine somehow seems less alien to Nala than she had expected. It is a sign of progress that is something more familiar to her than the untouched forest of the fey. Here is where civilization becomes possible.

    A comforting feeling...except for the little lizards wandering around. The kobolds donít look particularly threatening, but she doubts they are alone. She would much rather watch from afar than have to face anyone here. Hopefully the other party has long since fallen behind. But one more night will have to pass before they can finally enter their destination.

    Nala wants to maintain the same watch order, and when she takes hers, keeps her crossbow close at hand and spear just as close. She keeps her eyes close to the ground, looking for snakes, giant bugs, and those short little kobolds.

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    No changes, really. Don't have any spells to prepare, after all.
    Very awesome avatar by Derjuin.

  17. - Top - End - #317
    Orc in the Playground
     
    maestrodesigns's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Autopsibiofeeder View Post
    Sure, please let me know which changes Tralkor is are making.
    Not much actually... I added the Light spell twice (instead of Mending and Read magic),and I replaced Entangle with Winged watcher.
    Active Characters

  18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Derjuin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Land of Maps and Treasure
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    As Tralkor prepares his spells, Vrishchika pulls out two books and begins flipping through both. One bears arcane writings that identifies it as her spellbook, and the other appears more mundane in nature. Once finished with her spellbook, she begins drawing a large decorative circle in the ground. Moments later, the image of a three-headed wolf appears over it, feasting on something while communicating with Vrishchika.

    Though apparently unsatisfied, she steps away from the seal as the image above the circle vanishes. For a moment she almost seems a different person, before clearing her throat and turning back to the group. "That went well," she remarks with a smirk, her voice deeper than before, almost sounding like a snarl.

    Spoiler
    Show

    (1d20+3)[11] vs. DC 15; binding Naberius instead of Malphas. I am now under the Influence of Naberius .

    Preparing new spells:
    0: Detect Magic, Message, Prestidigitation x2
    1: Grease, Sleep, Enlarge Person, Charm Person, Ray of Clumsiness, Color Spray
    2: Detect Thoughts, fell drain Acid Splash, Web, Invisibility
    3: Summon Monster III x2, Detect Thoughts
    Last edited by Derjuin; 2012-04-10 at 08:17 AM.

  19. - Top - End - #319
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TinselCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Nala yawns, some small part of her mind catching and disregarding the change in Vrishchikaís voice. Mages.

    "Siel, you have first watch for an hour," she reminds the fey, and then stretches out on her bedroll with her weapons and lamp close at hand, ready to get as much sleep as possible before her watch comes.
    Very awesome avatar by Derjuin.

  20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    The night goes by without creatures of the forest fancying you for dinner. As the darkness falls, the forest changes its repertoire of sounds again. This night, however, there is a new sound added. It seems the kobolds work around the clock, because every now and then you hear the sounds of big objects falling, or clanging together.

    The next morning you resume your search through the forest for marked trees. The whole procedure somewhat reduces your speed, but you are making sure progress (typically, Nala up front, Vrishchika and Siel in Between and Tralkor in the back).

    Tralkor:
    Spoiler
    Show
    After about 90 minutes you spot two kobolds hiding in the bushes, about 40ft ahead from you, perhaps 15 or 20 feet away from Nala.


    DMrolls:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Siel: (1d20+2)[7]
    Tralkor: (1d20+11)[30]
    Nala: (1d20+0)[3]
    Vrishchika: (1d20+0)[7]
    Last edited by Autopsibiofeeder; 2012-04-10 at 03:29 PM.
    No PbP posting during the Easter weekend (Fri-Mon)
    Avatar by Recaiden

  21. - Top - End - #321
    Orc in the Playground
     
    maestrodesigns's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Tralkor is slightly disgruntled the next day. The noises during the night didn't really bug him as such, he was used to more noise living near an Ogre tribe. The activities causing those noises were the reason behind his sulky mood. Those Kobolds were slowly but steadily destroying a delicately balanced environment. He could almost feel the Great Mother's suffering out here.

    So, when he suddenly spots two hidden Kobolds next to Nala, he's not in his usual 'friendly to anything' behaviour.
    He grumbles to the rest, trying to lower his voice: "Ambush. At least two of those vile little critters in the bushes fifteen to twenty feet ahead of us."

    He reaches into his bag, while striding towards Nala at the front of the party, pretending to go and hand her something. He grabs and readies a tanglefoot bag.
    Last edited by maestrodesigns; 2012-04-11 at 04:51 AM.
    Active Characters

  22. - Top - End - #322
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TinselCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Nala maintains the act, and the face she turns towards Tralkor and the others is completely wooden. If they had been spotted, there was no way they could let the little creatures get away with the news. She nods to Tralkor and silently takes an assessment of herself. Her crossbow is loaded, but not cocked, on the top of her pack. It would be an easy movement to ready it, but an obvious one. She eases her one-handed grip on her spear down a bit, to a position more suited for combat than walking, and lets the other one rest on her belt, next to where her knife is tucked. She canít spot the creatures in the bush, but she trusts the ogreís eyes to let them know when to strike.
    Very awesome avatar by Derjuin.

  23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Tralkor moves to the front of the group and tells the others. Nala reacts, but chooses to do so in a way that does not signal the kobolds she has information on them. So, am I right to assume that you are still moving in their direction (as opposed to stopping dead in your tracks)?
    No PbP posting during the Easter weekend (Fri-Mon)
    Avatar by Recaiden

  24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Tralkor darts past Siel and Vrishchika while reaching in his backpack. Alerted by his words, Nala is readying for what is about to come. Or is she? A short high pitched 'yelp' breaks the relative silence of the forest floor, followed by a series of sounds.

    *Ching* *Ffffrrrr* *Chunk* *Thud!*

    As these sounds manifest, this all happens in a split second, Tralkor and Nala feel something below their feet moving. At first their weight is big enough to counter it, but soon enough it feels as if someone is pulling a rug away from under your feet. Vrishchika and Siel have a good view on the set of four ropes that shoot upwards and the big chunk of three that seems to topple over all of a sudden a few feet away. A big net made from vines envelopes Tralkor and Nala, they will have to act quickly or be caught!

    ALL:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tralkor and Nala, make a reflex save. Everybody can make a spot check to assess the situation.

    (if you don't, I will make them for you tomorrow night or so . )
    No PbP posting during the Easter weekend (Fri-Mon)
    Avatar by Recaiden

  25. - Top - End - #325
    Orc in the Playground
     
    maestrodesigns's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    ...ow crap...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex Save (1d20-1)[18]
    Active Characters

  26. - Top - End - #326
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TinselCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Nala lets out a yelp when the forest snaps into motion around her. She will curse that slip later, one way or another.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[4]
    Edit:
    Last edited by TinselCat; 2012-04-14 at 03:26 PM.
    Very awesome avatar by Derjuin.

  27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Tralkor has a wondrous moment of insight and leaps away with an unbefitting speed. Perhaps startled by this, Nala fails to match his evasion. The net catches her and she gets sweeped up some 15 foot in the air. From behind trees left and right you see kobolds leaping forward, producing warcries of tribal nature. Fully kitted out in leather armors and warpaint, the small draconoid critters bare their teeth as their readied pointy spears are focused on you. Luckily, Tralkor had spotted them and notified you, removing the edge from their ambush and denying them a surprise round.

    Here is the map. The red squares are the kobolds, I gave them a letter to facilitate communication.

    DMrolls:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Initiatives:

    Kobold group: (1d20+7)[24]
    Siel: (1d20+1)[12]
    Vrishchika: (1d20+7)[10]
    Nala: (1d20+1)[18]
    Tralkor: (1d20-2)[16]
    Last edited by Autopsibiofeeder; 2012-04-14 at 04:18 PM.
    No PbP posting during the Easter weekend (Fri-Mon)
    Avatar by Recaiden

  28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    The kobolds act swiftly and move towards you. Each of you finds two of the aggressive lizards right next to you, and two spears aimed at your throat. Two of the kobolds stay at their location, perhaps the leaders? One of them adresses you, in Orcish: "You, strangers, are our prisoners. Prisoners of us, in the name of the mighty Quetzalqualqualbenthqualqual! Surrender now and you will live!"

    You are all up now. You are well aware that chances are that whatever action you take (except for speaking, perhaps) will provoke a nasty poke with a spear. On the other hand, they look fierce, but their posture is far from impressive.

    Here is a new, updated map

    Initiative order:

    Kobold group
    Nala
    Tralkor
    Siel
    Vrishchika
    No PbP posting during the Easter weekend (Fri-Mon)
    Avatar by Recaiden

  29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Derjuin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Land of Maps and Treasure
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Vrishchika carefully turns to the two kobolds that have chosen to stay back, assuming they have at least some kind of authority over the kobolds that have advanced.

    She begins her spiel in orcish, hoping it'll get the little creatures to back off a bit. "Wait. My friends and I," she looks to the others with her, plus Nala in the net, "are here to help. Dark elves have stolen something important and have placed a curse on it, and we must retrieve it at once!" She speaks imperiously, hoping to give off an air of authority and urgency.

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Taking 10 on Bluff, via Silver Tongue granted by Naberius. Gives me a 22, vs. their Sense Motive with appropriate modifiers.

  30. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    The kobold does a small step forward to get a better look at Vrishchika. It is tilting its head a bit and asks: "Help? How does that help us? And more important, how does that give you the right..." he points vigorously at the 'other' leader kobold "...to violate regulation 12b?" Immediately, the other kobold starts speaking: "Twelve B! People who have no business being around our mine have no business being around our mine. Quetzalqualqualbenthqualqual!"

    "Thank you." "Welcome."
    No PbP posting during the Easter weekend (Fri-Mon)
    Avatar by Recaiden

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •