Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Results 511 to 540 of 578

Thread: Gai-len [IC]

  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Derjuin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Land of Maps and Treasure
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Vrishchika

    Spoiler
    Show

    Following the man, Vrishchika lets her gaze wander for the short time that she is up. As she sits down, she performs a short bow. "Pleasure to meet you; my given name is Vris. I learned my magic in a small school by the sea, under guidance from a tutor. Neither were of any particular prestige, though my tutor had a few things to teach me that the school wouldn't. A few unusual spells and the like," she says, gesticulating calmly with the last sentence.

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Not entirely true, but I assume the human wizardy schools are a lot smaller than the ones on this continent considering the population/tech/etc differences?


  2. - Top - End - #512
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Vrishchika:

    Spoiler
    Show

    OoC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    True enough for me. The guy is just making small-talk, perhaps hoping to find out he once met your tutor.


    He smiles. "Not one of the big universities, then? Well, that is actually good news. You see, we have a vast library here that contains almost every spell known to elfkind. I doubt a student from one of the mainstream universities would have picked up some spells we would still be interested in." He flips in the book, coughs and continues. "We are of course not into philanthropy. If you want to learn a spell, you will have to pay. But, if your tutor happens to have taught you a spell we do not have in our collection, then we would be happy to trade. I might even add that we are very generous traders when it comes to filling in the rare blank spot in our collection."

    He looks at you in a grave manner. "But let us not get ahead of ourselves. Chances of you knowing a spell unknown to us are, I am afraid, slim. So, bring it on, what do you have to offer?"
    Avatar by Recaiden

  3. - Top - End - #513
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TinselCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Nala almost rolls her eyes at the mention of magic, completely understanding his tone. At least she isnít the only magic-less one in this area. She accepts the drink gladly and is mildly surprised by it. She chalks up another point of civilization to the orcs Ė sheís had much worse than this before.

    A knot tightens in her stomach as the orc suggests she might know of this Holten. When Cor doesnít provide any help in the area, she isnít quite sure if she should feel better or worse for it. Quickly she decides that itís easier to admit ignorance than try to hide it. "HoltenÖ" she mumbles. "I might have heard it before, but I canít really say. Havenít ever been to the north, and as much as Iíd like to claim great knowledge, Iím really no expert in the field. What project were you involved in?" Her question is full of genuine interest.
    Very awesome avatar by Derjuin.

  4. - Top - End - #514
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Siel:
    Spoiler
    Show

    The brawler orc's most prominent fears stem from greed, but it is old and worn. This corresponds well with his story, he is rich and feels 'safe' now. The other orc and bugbear taste like true opportunists, gold seekers that hope to strike true and afraid they will miss out.

    (1d20)[6]

    Holten is actually someone you have heard of. Once you met orcs in the oasis who carried a small device that could focus the sunlight, like a lens, and then store the heat in a small stone captivator for later use. They told you Holten was the inventor and that it was used in some (upper class / government) buildings for heating. He is well known for combining exotic materials with orcish cunning and craft to make awesome devices.

    Last edited by Autopsibiofeeder; 2012-09-03 at 04:53 PM.
    Avatar by Recaiden

  5. - Top - End - #515
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Siel chuckles as Nala admits to not knowing of Holten. This might become a bit problematic...it would be best to step in now.

    "How many times have I told you that you're too much of a shut-in?" Siel asks Nala with a sigh. "'I have to focus, we have a job to do', all the time. Really, if you didn't have me and the others around you'd lose track of everything but work," she says. "I'm glad there hasn't been anything for us in a while, you're finally loosening up,"

    Turning to the others, Siel shrugs. "I've heard of Holten, though the winter has never bothered me enough to wish I were in one of the buildings they keep warm with his...lens-heat storage things,"

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff, I'd assume: (1d20+12)[22]
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  6. - Top - End - #516
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TinselCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Nala splutters, almost choking on her drink, completely blindsided by the accusation. "What?" she coughs after sheís able to breathe again. "Iím not-" but her voice trails off weakly Ė unable to come up with a more dignified or coherent response. Instead she shifts in her seat, indignant, embarrassed, one ear straining to catch the rest of Sielís talk. Of course Ė Siel had grown up here so, even as a fey, she had to know something about the technology and important people of this place. Nala wonders how exactly the lens heating she described works, or how itís put together, but knows better than to ask for details. This kind of thing was entirely unknown at home.
    Very awesome avatar by Derjuin.

  7. - Top - End - #517
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    "Mweuh..." the orc grunts, "his lens-heat storage things. Our thing, you mean! Well, all right, he was the brains, but I am the one that discovered and delivered the stones." He finishes his drink right as the drow comes to bring new ones for them and for you. "So, that is the type of project I was involved in. It was my job to discover and retrieve rare materials that brainy persons such as Holten could use to make fancy gadgets and gizmo's."

    "Butehh... you were passing through the area? That means you are either heading for the south or coming from the south, no? You guys also looking to be rich, making a big find, huh?"
    Avatar by Recaiden

  8. - Top - End - #518
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TinselCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    "Who isnít looking to be rich?" Nala snorts. "Really. But hold on Ė you discovered the stones? Amazing. How in the world..." she makes a gesture like trying to grasp something mentally difficult. "How can you just stumble across a thing and suddenly know that itís rare and useful? I mean, if it were me, I probably wouldn't even have known what I was looking at. Discoveries of new materials happen so rarely, such chance...that's something special, that is. Were you out actually looking for it?"
    Very awesome avatar by Derjuin.

  9. - Top - End - #519
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Derjuin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Land of Maps and Treasure
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Vrishchika

    Spoiler
    Show

    "Of course; hopes otherwise would be unfounded, and probably a little silly," she says, preparing to report what she has.

    "The first is a spell that jolts the reaction time, in less than an instant. My tutor called it Skittish Nerves, though she said it could also be named Nerveskitter." She places a finger to her lips, as if recalling another spell. "Ah, right. Similar to the Ray of Enfeeblement, my tutor also taught me a spell she called Ray of Clumsiness. Instead of weakening the victim, it stiffens their muscles and hardens their joints, making it harder to move with any kind of grace."

    "The last is similar to the common Mount spell, only it creates several - like a Mass spell might do, usually enough for a small group for anywhere from a few hours to half a day. It's called Regal Procession. Unlike Mount, the spell also conjures finery, such as banners and ribbons, for each mount as well."

    She smiles and folds her hands across her lap, trying to remain hopeful without looking desperate; though she is excited, she leaves her spellbook in her haversack until she can confirm that both parties have something to trade.

  10. - Top - End - #520
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    The orc shrugs. "Yes, of course I was looking for it, 'twas my job. I would visit mines, caves and stuff in this part of the world, looking for materials that have unusual colours, density, transparency....those kind of things. Then I would buy it and send it to someone like Holten in the hope he could use the material to achieve something new." He grins: "An expensive hobby if you end up buying not so useful materials. Find the right material, though, and you can become rich."

    Vrishchika:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You start explaining about Nerveskitter and Ray of clumsiness and you can see that the man is definitely not impressed. You continue on about Mount and he produces a friendly, fatherly smile full of sympathy while starting to close his book. Just as he plans to interrupt you, you mention the Mass aspect. He closes his mouth, sits up straight, opens the book again and tilts his head a bit, a sign of curiosity.

    When you are done speaking, he opens the book and goes through many lists. You can tell it is a table listing spells and their names in many, languages. *Flip, flip...flip* "Mass mount you say?.....Regal procession. He keeps looking and you hear him mumbling the words mass, mount, procession in many languages, some of which you understand. After a minute or two, he looks up and stands up. "I need, eh...give me a moment. I will be right back."


    The man is right. He returns after a minute or two and has brought along a younger man, who carries a big magnifying glass with a red lens in it. "Hi, this is Vris, I told you about. Uhh, Vris, this is ehmm...thingy....nevermind. Would you mind producing the spell in written form, so he can read it?"

    The man looks trustworthy and there's no way they can copy and steal the spell by just looking at it. The magnifying glass is most likely an item to aid in identifying the spell.
    Avatar by Recaiden

  11. - Top - End - #521
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TinselCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    "An adventurous hobby," Nala says with a nod. "But seems you did well with it. And now youíre just retired? Thatís all? Not looking for any more? You canít have found everything, surely not. How long ago did you discover it? How much did you get? It's just that...come on, you don't look that old. You can't just drop a discovery in someone else's hands and walk away, friend or no."
    Very awesome avatar by Derjuin.

  12. - Top - End - #522
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    "No, well, it does not work like that. When an invention is successful, you sell a lot of the material for the first few that can afford the novelty. You have to be a bit secretive. The miners don't know that I sell what I buy from them for ten times the amount of gold and the consumers and other potential producers are not familiar with the material, or where to get it. Then, when the invention gets really popular, you want to drop the price and make it available to all of orc-kind. This is where you step out and sell your information and recipes to big trading and crafting guilds." He pauses a moment to drink some beer.

    He then adds, with a broad smile: "And yes, if the invention is good enough, you will earn enough to live in comfort during the rest of your life. Why would I keep working and stressing in a cut-throat industry if I can also sit back and relax?"
    Avatar by Recaiden

  13. - Top - End - #523
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TinselCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    "Sounds complicated," Nala says, and sits back in her chair. A very successful, rich entrepreneur orc. Discovering materials we have never heard the likes of before. Who'd have thought? After a moment she asks, almost hesitantly, "You donít suppose if I could see one of these things sometime?"
    Very awesome avatar by Derjuin.

  14. - Top - End - #524
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Derjuin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Land of Maps and Treasure
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Vrishchika

    Spoiler
    Show

    "Of course!" she says, reaching into her haversack and pulling out a simple-looking black tome marked with a cerulean . She flips through its pages, finding the beginning of Regal Procession, then turns the book and lays it upon the table for the elves to investigate.

  15. - Top - End - #525
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    The orc lifts his shoulders and smiles: "But no doubt you already have! Solar heating your friend just mentioned, for example. Also, the megascope and miniscope are created with crystals I found. Air-metal is what made me rich...you know, that ultra light metal. Not good for weapons, but good for construction of carriages, for example." He sets down his beer mug and gloats: "My work is everywhere."

    "Well, not here, but in the orc society..."

    Vrishchika
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Very nice." He makes a small hand gesture and the younger drow starts studying the spell while mumbling. It sounds a bit like elven, but you do not understand it. After a mere twenty seconds, he stops reading and reports to the older drow. They communicate in their drow language and you do not understand it, but this is what you make out of it:

    Young drow - Dry statement
    Old drow - Disbelieve, question
    Young drow - Answer, some amazement in voice
    Old drow - Question
    Young drow - Confirmation
    Old drow - Exclamation!

    The older drow then adresses you. "I am sorry, we discuss magic in our own tongue. It is too subtle too discuss in a language other then your own. I guess it is the same for you." Without waiting for an answer, he sits down. "Anyway, it looks like we have a deal." He then stands up and heads for the door. "I need to discuss with my superior what we can offer you in return. I will be right back." He leaves and the younger drow follows him, but not before he smiles at you and says goodbye.

    It takes a bit longer now, but eventually the old drow returns."My superior wants to see you. It seems you have made quite an impression." He seems a bit nervous. "Just, ehh...please act in a respectful manner. It would be bad for both of us if you would rub...." The door opens and a tall, female drow steps inside. She wears an elaborately decorated robe. The black fabric is adorned with silvery spider web motives. On her hip rests a large ceremonial dagger. The jewelry she wears, her elaborate hairdo and her haughty attitude suggests this lady has quite some status.

    She flat out ignores the male drow, who jumps up as she enters and mumbles a small respectful greeting. Instead, she approaches you directly. She does not give you hand or something but studies you, top to toe, and you see a hint of a smile before she speaks: "Vedui' Cretok. Nindel's zhah natha yugho." The older drow translates it for you: "Greetings Orc. She tells you have nice clothing."

    The lady glances at your spell book and nods and speaks again, the older drow keeps translating. "You may copy nine pages of magical writing from our library in exchange." That equals a total of nine spell levels, distributed as you wish. "The materials will be provided by the queen. However, in exchange you must also tell us about how you learned this magic. In detail. Your arcane dialect is alien. It resembles some of the most ancient scriptures we have. The queen demands to learn about this." While the drow translates, the lady keeps studying you intensely.

    "Accept and you will be a guest of honour in our city. Displease our lady and you will be asked to leave."
    Last edited by Autopsibiofeeder; 2012-09-15 at 05:49 AM.
    Avatar by Recaiden

  16. - Top - End - #526
    Orc in the Playground
     
    maestrodesigns's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Tralkor enjoys his little time by himself. He chats a little with the folks downstairs and spends some time crafting a few scrolls and brewing some potions if time allows it.

    He likes the new company, but having people around him is definitely something he needs to get used to.
    Active Characters

  17. - Top - End - #527
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TinselCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Nala looks suitably impressed. Inward, she commits everything she knows to memory. A small part of her resolves to find an orc city after they finish this task for the fey. Maybe a trip up north would be worthwhile. Unless her new orc friend seems to have anything else on his mind, she finishes her drink and thanks him for his hospitality, citing a need to meet up with some friends if he asks why sheís leaving so early. Before going she asks, "Is there anywhere I could find a map of the city?"

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    If he says yes, she'll go there to take a look. If he says no, she'll wander the city. She's looking for entrances and exits into the city that can be used by visitors - like the cave they came in through.
    Very awesome avatar by Derjuin.

  18. - Top - End - #528
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    OoC/ALL:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Since Derjuin is having a problem focusing on the campaign (sorry, bad joke...I hope you get your glasses sorted as soon as possible. It sounds terribly inconvenient) I decided to just carry on and adapt the plan.


    There is not really a place where you can buy maps according to the orc, but he is willing to inform you a bit. However, what he tells you does not go much beyond what Cor explained to you about the layout of the city and what you saw while crossing the bridge. As you wander around, perhaps asking around a bit, you find out there are two entrances to the city. One you are allready familiar with. The other one is all the way on the other side of the city. You are told it leads further down into the underdark. It is said to be heavily guarded and only seldomly used: Visitors from that side are rare and only the brave, desperate and deranged wish to go to what is beyond that gate.
    Avatar by Recaiden

  19. - Top - End - #529
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TinselCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Nala does not feel brave, desperate or deranged. Instead, she feels rather content, and it shows. She searches the city for a weapons shop, looking to replace the crossbow bolts she has lost - hopefully crossbows here are more-or-less compatible with what she has, and if not she makes sure to check out the differences.

    Afterward, she heads back to the inn, sits down in their room and cleans and repairs her supplies until everyone has arrived for the evening. Once they have, she beckons them all over and says, "I have a plan."

    OoC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Unless anything changes by Vrish's actions, or whatever Nala spots in the weapons store, that is. This post is eminently adaptable.
    Very awesome avatar by Derjuin.

  20. - Top - End - #530
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Derjuin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Land of Maps and Treasure
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Vrishchika

    Spoiler
    Show

    Vrishchika dips her head respectfully, and for a moment considers responding in elven before realizing how bad of an idea that could be. "Thank you, madam; yours as well," she tries to be as respectful as possible, assuming high status ladies probably expect compliments in return.

    "I can explain in as much detail as I can muster. I can't promise it'll be extremely useful or provide some amazing arcane revelations, though." she looks between the older drow male and the female, but mostly keeping her gaze on the more important of the two. "How soon would you ask that I explain?" she inquires.

  21. - Top - End - #531
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Vrishchika:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The old lady nods and answers immediately, without translation of the older drow. "Lu'oh bauth mufo? Usstan shlu'ta dos wun nindol beldraein." The man explains: "She suggests that you come here tomorrow. In the morning." Both look at you with expectation.
    Avatar by Recaiden

  22. - Top - End - #532
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Derjuin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Land of Maps and Treasure
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Vrishchika

    Spoiler
    Show

    "Excellent," she says, nodding. "Thank you again for hearing me out; tomorrow, I will be back. If I may take my leave?" she requests, and if given affirmation, bows to each drow before heading towards the door.

    A bit giddy with the deal she's made, 'Vris' struts back to the inn, once again dipping into alleyways or shadowed nooks to retain her orcish disguise. Maybe I can learn something about that gemstone thing we're supposed to find, too, she thinks to herself.


    Heading back to the inn, Vris confidently makes her way back up to the room they'd rented and greets the gathered companions (assuming she comes back after them). After placing her haversack on the bed she's apparently claimed as hers, she leans in to hear Nala's plan.

  23. - Top - End - #533
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Nala:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can for sure buy crossbow bolts here. The quality is high, and the price reasonable. The merchant mentions he can deliver special bolts on request (about two to three days delivery time). Silver, enchanted, the works.

    For ordinary bolts, you get 11 for 1 gp. You can buy as much as you like, but they only sell 'whole packages' of 11.


    Vrishchika:
    Spoiler
    Show
    They nod and agree and as the old man leads you out, he reminds you to show up tomorrow morning. "Please don't be late..."


    Everybody assembles at the inn at the end of the day. As you head up, the innkeeper mentions that he can provide for a good meal for the lot you for 1 gp. He just needs a 30 minutes heads-up.

    This looks like the moment to share your adventures and your plans for the next day, and Nala swiftly kicks off...
    Avatar by Recaiden

  24. - Top - End - #534
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TinselCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Once everyone has arrived, Nala doesnít waste any time in getting started. "This whole situation is a lot more complicated than it looks. From what I have gathered, these gems are a relatively recently discovered resource, and used to power all sorts of interesting equipment. It would be simple enough Ė I think Ė to go out and try to buy one ourselves, depending on how much theyíre selling for these days. But we canít exactly do that."

    "Everyone remember that group that we learned about the gems from? You surely wonít,"
    she nods to Cor, and briefly explains, "The task that we were given by the fey who helped us was to disrupt the creation of the oasis-inns by taking the stone that this other group was going to get from here. The situation may not be so simple anymore Ė the orcs will likely be able to get their hands on more, given time Ė but we canít withdraw from that obligation. But we know only hints of where the gem is, and what we do know isn't comforting."

    "So why should we do all the hard work of getting it before them? We know this other group is coming here, and we know theyíre going to get their hands on the gem, one way or another. I am certain that they know something we don't. In our position, how can they not? My plan is that as soon as they get their hands on it and move to leave, we ambush them, snatch the gem, hop into the nearest oasis and deliver it."

    "As far as I know, there is only one entrance for outside visitors here: the one we came in. As long as we keep an eye out for them when they arrive, we can follow them when they leave. The only one of us theyíve seen before is Siel. The rest of us will have to keep a close watch out. But I think it's our safest bet."


    DM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    So many choices...how much would be a set of basic masterwork bolts (+1 damage)? And how long would they take?
    Very awesome avatar by Derjuin.

  25. - Top - End - #535
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Nala:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The man has two units of 11 masterwork crossbow bolts directly available, for 7gp per unit. If you want more, you'll have to wait two days (unless you want to buy, say, ten extra units, that might take up to a week or raise the price significantly). But I am guessing two units will do for now?

    Also, I believe msw. bolts add +1 enhancement to attack (not damage) and this does not stack with enhancement bonus provided by the bow. If I am not mistaken, you have an ordinary bow, though. Where did you find the +1 to damage bolts, some splat book I am overlooking?
    Avatar by Recaiden

  26. - Top - End - #536
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TinselCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah, you're entirely right. I have always made that exact same error about what masterwork actually does. One day I'll actually remember, or at least remember to look it up.

    I'll take one set, for 7 gp. I've still got plenty left from earlier, but it never hurts to have a few more.
    Very awesome avatar by Derjuin.

  27. - Top - End - #537
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Derjuin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Land of Maps and Treasure
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Vrishchika

    "Sounds like a fine plan to me," she says, letting her disguise fade. She flops onto her bed, looks at the ceiling for a moment, and continues. "We might want to send someone to check the entrance every so often, maybe scout the streets and other inns and bars. I could use a different disguise each time I go, to at least try to ease suspicions." Suddenly she sits up and looks back to the group, mostly to Nala as she is pretty much the group leader at the moment.

    "Oh, right. I'm busy tomorrow morning - I have an appointment with some higher-ups at the magical academy and their library," she rubs her hands together, eager at the thought of browsing the collection. "...oh, and possibly the Queen, too," she adds, in a sort of offhanded manner but in a quieter tone.

  28. - Top - End - #538
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TinselCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    "You what?" Nala yelps, giving her a horrified look. Then she groans and buries her face in her hands. After a moment of contemplating the right response she mumbles, "Okay. Alright. Iím sure you know what youíre doing." No, Iím not. Iím not at all comfortable with this idea. She raises her head and sits back, stifling a pained expression. "What exactly do you plan on doing there? What would their queen want with you?" And what will we do if you get into trouble?
    Very awesome avatar by Derjuin.

  29. - Top - End - #539
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Cor listens to the conversation and appears to share Nala's amazement and concern. Briefly and dryly, he chips in: "That's impressive, the queen. Be careful. Don't rub them the wrong way."
    Avatar by Recaiden

  30. - Top - End - #540
    Orc in the Playground
     
    maestrodesigns's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Tralkor patiently waits till everyone have had their say, then he speaks up: "To be honest. I don't think I'll be of much use in this here Elven city. How about I head out to the entrance we used to get here and keep an eye on who enters and leaves? As soon as the Orcs arrive I can report back and perhaps someone more attuned to citylife can pick up the trail from there. No reason to distrust a lonely shaman that prefers to wait outside, waiting for his friends to return from the big bad city."
    Active Characters

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •