Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 578

Thread: Gai-len [IC]

  1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Jakkun's Sense Motive:
    Spoiler
    Show
    D20+0:(d20)[20]

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    A New Map (thanks for the tips, Personman)

    While Velethi is still consumed by her bonds and checks to see if they have weakened yet, Nala exchanges looks with Jakkun and Vrishchika. She is having a hard time making sense, and you are having a hard time making sense of it.

    Vrishchika:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Something is up, that much is clear. Did it go away? Did she spot it and was it armed? Is it someone she knows?

    You honestly have no clue.


    Jakkun:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your roll was actually 2 lower, as you did not apply the penalty of -2 you currently have, I think. Just pointing that out so you are aware that you did not roll 20 (which was, unfortunately, the DC to hit).

    Okay...something is wrong. Her eyes are shifting left to right. She is looking around. Is it gone, but maybe she thinks it is still around?


    All:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nala is not around and while I will roll-play for her, I will not role-play for her (well, a bit, but this is as far as I'll go). So, it would be helpful if someone else takes over the initiative here.
    Last edited by Autopsibiofeeder; 2011-06-20 at 12:54 PM.
    Avatar by Recaiden

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, actually since I have no positive modifiers originally that means it's a natural 20. I forget with skill rolls whether I have to confirm though.

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Velethi

    Giving up on her bonds for the time being. Velethi gets herself up and starts to pay attention to her surroundings again. Noticing the movement in the bushes, the girl slowly moves to the other side of the bushes, in case the creature within tries to flee.

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Velethi:
    Spoiler
    Show
    you walk up to the other side of the bushes and have a good look. You hear it again, something is definately there. Maybe Nala has seen it, given her alarmed expression that you noticed while walking up a moment ago.

    You hear the sound again and check the bushes once more. What is there? You don't see anything, but it should be right under your nose. Maybe a small rodent, but the sound is really too loud.


    All:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Allmost aminute passes by in this way, with Nala and Velethi inspecting the bushes and trying to communicate and Vrishchika and Jakkun working on their gags. You are making steady progress and are almost about to get through the cloth.
    Last edited by Autopsibiofeeder; 2011-06-21 at 02:09 PM.
    Avatar by Recaiden

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    The shuffling in the bushes turns into a concert when you hear some shuffling in the tree on the other side of your temporary encampment. Right after, a strange being graciously jumps out of the crown of the tree.

    The figure that just came into view slowly stands from the crouch it dropped into, straightening and pushing the jet-black hair from its face to the side with one hand. It becomes clear that this being bears quite a resemblance to a human female, but its pure-black eyes and hair seem to indicate a completely different heritage. The being's skin is so pale that it seems like even a moment in the sun would burn it, and the ears are elongated, but unlike elven ears they have gaping holes in the sides, giving a further inhuman feel to the creature.

    The odd girl-being's torso is clad in what appear to be heavily cut and stitched old robes, with covering of metal loops resting on it. The metal seems to be covered with liquid, constantly moving down it in rivulets that never seem to touch the robes beneath them. The metal comes to an end just below the belt of similarly stitched-together pants, with small tufts of fur, each a slightly different color, adorning the very bottom, just above the ends of worn traveling shoes.

    At the side of the pale being is a sheathed weapon, a sword with a pure black crystal as the only adornment of the hilt. The pale being's right hand rests lightly on the weapon, a barely visible dark blue-almost black-aura surrounding it.

    Suddenly the creature smiles, her head tilting to the side as she speaks, her voice both obviously unnatural and something alluring at the same time. I greet you, unknown visitors of my abode. She raises her left hand and snapping her fingers. The moment she does so, the sounds from the bush stop and a wisp of light blue seems to rise from it. That was an interesting encounter you had with those orcs. Would you mind if I ask you some questions? The being asks, her smile fading slightly. Although we'll have to get rid of those odd restraints that you're wearing first, won't we? She adds, raising her hand from the hilt of her weapon.

    *!New updated map!*
    Avatar by Recaiden

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Velethi

    Intrigued by the being, but still wary after her experiences so far, Velethi stays where she is, watching the figure carefully.

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Jakkun turns his head at the voice and jumps at the sight of this new apparition, then falls backwards against the tree he was leaning against.

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TinselCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    When the rustling from the trees starts, Nala jerks slightly and whips her head around to face the newcomer. She wonders briefly if this figure from the oasis had anything to do with the thing in the bushes, and when she moves to (Nala suspects) dismiss it, it is confirmed. What is the purpose behind this game? Nala studies her appearance and her words intently for a long moment. She does not seem hostile, but she had used this odd magical distraction on them and separated them from each other. And she cannot decide whether this newcomer is exactly humanoid or monster. The initial glimpse looks human enough, but yet there is so much about her that is out of place. Her offer of help, and her admission of watching them escape, makes Nala think that she is for some reason sympathetic to their peril. Even if that is not the case, getting free is a high priority. Eventually Nala nods to her, with a bit of nervousness. She will accept the help. Warily.
    Very awesome avatar by Derjuin.

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    All (OOC):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Up untill now I have been pming back and forth with Personman and acting for his character based on his descriptions. We discussed today he would enter the thread with the post below. Since he has not done that yet, I assume he has been unable to post since my last reply.

    However, since I prefer to have the game rolling on a daily basis, I decided to post this for PersonMan (I hope that is ok with you). I decided to do this because the story is pretty much 'stuck' on Siel's action right now.

    So, in short, this post was written by PersonMan. Please treat it as such.


    The creature smiles slightly, moving to undo the gags of the group, starting with Nala.

    Well, then, now that you can speak, how about introductions? The being asks as she deftly works to take apart the knots of your gags. I am Siel. Siel Vartas, to be precise. She says. Now, I'd like to know why you were being held captive by those orcs... The girl asks, slowly cutting through your bonds.
    Avatar by Recaiden

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TinselCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Nala winces a little as the newcomer sets to work. Is seems all of her muscles have badly stiffened up over the past hours. Her mouth is dry and painful, but at least she can talk again. After she looks over to the rest of the party to make sure everyone is getting taken care of and is not suffering much distress, she begins hoarsely, “I am Nala Cygnis. We were captured by orcs because…because we are not one of them, I suppose.” That is a reasonable way to put it, she thinks.
    Very awesome avatar by Derjuin.

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Derjuin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Land of Maps and Treasure
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Vrishchika

    Vrishchika continues gnawing her way through the cloth, pedantically determined to cut it herself, though she offers the bindings on her wrists for Siel to remove. She figures there isn't much hope of getting the bonds off herself, so risking getting stabbed in the back is worth it.

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Velethi

    Velethi, the last (presumably) to have her gag removed, speaks shortly after, not lying but withholding details. "We're from overseas... here to see what the human population on the main continent is like. We weren't in the best state when we reached land, and were captured while weak." Velethi's gaze drifts over to the oasis. "Is it safe to drink?"
    Last edited by Kiyia Aeroth; 2011-06-27 at 07:26 PM.

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Siel nods as these strange humanoids explain their presence. Interesting. So your peoples and the orcs have some sort of vendetta against each other, then? She asks, glancing back out into the grass, where the dead orcs lie. As far as I know the water is fine, but you might be different enough from me that you drink a different kind of water. The fey considers.

    Although you mention checking on the humans here-that's odd, since I haven't seen a single one before all of you. Siel adds after a moment, her eyebrows rising.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TinselCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    “Not a one?” Nala repeats thoughtfully to herself, sounding a bit disappointed. “I’m not surprised, though.” Abruptly she turns to the rest of the party and asks, “Is everyone alright? No lasting injuries: sprains, infections, broken bones? Illness? ...Anything?”

    After she asks, she reaches back and finally, after days of carrying it, takes off her pack and removes the spear. Her shoulders hurt from carrying the weight without a break – in fact, everything still hurts. Quickly she checks the spear and crossbow for any signs of damage, counts her bolts, and ties the dagger to her belt. That, she thinks very sheepishly, will be the last time I pack that away where I can't reach it.
    Very awesome avatar by Derjuin.

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Jakkun, seeing that the others don't seem to have fallen prey to deadly fey magic, is the last to offer up his bonds to Siel.

    "Well... maybe they live underground with us dwarven folk then? I'm sure that we could teach even humans how to survive in a mine."

    His tone isn't insulting, more one of quiet contemplation. He doesn't even seem to notice the potential insult in his words.

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Velethi

    Her bonds removed, Velethi stretches her arms, feeling a trickle of eldritch energy start to flow through them along with the freed bloodflow. While the conversation hasn't exactly sunk in yet, Velethi turns to face Nala. "I'm alright, Nala... as far as I can tell anyway." Turning to the fey, Velethi bows slightly. "Thank you for helping us, by the way... My name is Velethi Kanerias."
    Last edited by Kiyia Aeroth; 2011-06-27 at 11:45 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Siel nods, her expression settling into one that shows no emotion whatsoever.

    At Velethi's show of gratitude, the fey shrugs. I've been spending the past few weeks waiting for my next subjects to arrive. I've been doing research on humanoid emotions, so learning how yours work interests me greatly. As Nala asks her companions about their injuries, she adds If any of you are injured, I could heal you. Although, I would need to gather some of your suffering first, though, as I won't have enough otherwise.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TinselCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    “You what?” Nala growls. First this “Siel” creature shrugs - a recognizably humanoid gesture - and then goes on to say these bizarre things that sound so foreign and suspicious. And she does not like what she has gathered from it. She pulls herself upright from an exhausted lean on her spear shaft and her hand tightens reflexively around it. She also shifts slightly sideways to superimpose herself between this creature and the rest of the party. “Subjects.” She states flatly. “And gathering suffering. Frankly, I don’t like that sound of that. Answer us this: what exactly are you and what do you want with us?”
    Very awesome avatar by Derjuin.

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Siel tilts her head to the side, jet black eyes staring directly at Nala. I am Siel Vartas, a fey that is conducting research into the emotions of humanoids. What I intend to do with you is study you and your feelings in exchange for providing assistance on your quest, which you appear to sorely need at the moment. She explains.

    As to the gathering, you needn't worry about that-I've been told by previous beings I've used it on that it is an entirely enjoyable experience. Siel adds, waving one hand as she speaks, as if to dismiss the issue.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Velethi

    Rising from her bow into a defensive posture, Velethi glares at the fey. "So then what happened to your last subjects, if your gathering is so enjoyable?"

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Siel raises an eyebrow. Once I completed my research, I left them. She says. I'm not sure where they are now, but when I parted ways with them they seemed to be in good health. The fey adds, seeming slightly confused. But I don't see what my research has to do with this-I'm just asking if I could take your grief so that I could heal you. She says, frowning slightly.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TinselCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    “Well.” Nala frowns, “I'm not quite sure about this 'grieftaking', but if, as you say, no harm has come of it, I suppose I shouldn’t worry about it. I'm not keen on the idea, however. It would be courteous not to attempt any research other than passive observation.” She puts emphasis on the last two words. “If that is understood, I can't see too many problems arising. It doesn’t appear that we have any serious injuries that a little rest cannot fix.” She looks over at the lake. “I need to drink something. If I keel over, take warning,” she adds to the rest of the party, and heads carefully but with determination over to the lake.
    Very awesome avatar by Derjuin.

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Derjuin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Land of Maps and Treasure
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Vrishchika

    As soon as she is through her bindings, the first thing Vrishchika does is warn Nala of the larger creatures in the lake. "Be careful, hippopotami can be territorial and dangerous territorial, especially with their powerful bite..." she rasps, her voice coarse from their torturous journey so far. She turns back to Siel and gives an awkward and curt bow. Uh, thanks for helping us. You can call me Vrishchika. If you're looking for grief to take, I've got a tragedy treasure trove right over here," she says, stretching her sore arms and legs.

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Siel frowns slightly. Well, I'd like to inquire as to the nature of your emotions-which I consider necessary for good research and active observation-but if you're vehemently against it I won't. As Vrishchika mentions having lots of grief, Siel smiles and nods. Well, then, I'll go ahead. She says. After a moment she begins to sing in an impossibly clear voice and soon you can feel happiness rising in you. Shortly after this, faint blue light begins to rise from you and flow through the air to the fey, sinking into her form.


    Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perform(sing): (1d20+12)[30]


    Notes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perform(sing) result is a 30.

    Using the Extract Grief Scream of Suffering ability, 8 left for today.

    If it matters, you all have a +1 morale bonus to attack rolls, damage rolls and saves vs fear.
    Last edited by PersonMan; 2011-07-03 at 03:51 AM.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Thoroughly creeped out by the fey's demeanour and now this display of power, Jakkun watches Vrishchika carefully for any signs of... anything really.

    He isn't likely to step forward as the fey's next experiment no matter how the others might trust it.

    "Perhaps we er, should think of what to do next?"
    Last edited by Steamsaint; 2011-07-03 at 04:13 AM.

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TinselCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Nala stops fifteen feet away from the edge of the lake and eyes it. “Territorial, huh,” she echoes Vrishchika’s warning with a frustrated grumble. “And dangerous. Siel,” she calls over to the fey. “You live here. Is there any way of making sure we won’t be attacked? I really don’t want to deal with an angered ...one of those things.” She backs up slowly and once far enough away that she feels safe, she turns back to the rest of the party. “Jakkun has a point. I don't advocate that we abandon this place before we're fully rested, but we do need to get an idea of where we are or where we should be going. This oasis could be one of many, or we could be completely isolated out here.”
    Very awesome avatar by Derjuin.

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Siel stands with her eyes closed for a moment, letting the newly collected energy flow through her inhuman body. Those things? If you avoid sudden moves and keep a good fifteen feet away from them, it should be fine-that's what everyone here does, and it seems to work well. She says, reopening her pure black eyes.

    So, then, I have enough energy for one removal of pain for each of you-which of you wants to be healed first? The fey asks, raising her open hands to the others, both of them lightly glowing with fresh suffering.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Velethi glances between the others before stepping forward. "I guess I'll go first... I mean if you were trying something Vrishchika would probably be noticing something by now." As she waits for the healing, she turns to Jakkun. "I agree, we need to figure out what we're doing... we could continue with what we were tasked to do, but I don't think the four of us... well, five with Siel's help... could really do all that much."

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TinselCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Nala remains a bit wary of glowing hands as a general policy, but after hearing Velethi’s reasoning, she finally decides to nod. “I don’t think we can turn down help at this point,” she admits. While Siel is occupied healing Velethi, she cautiously returns to the lake to finally get some long awaited water, taking care to avoid the creatures in or near the water. Upon her return to where the rest of the party is gathered, she sits down in the grass against a tree. “There aren’t really any other options except to continue with the expedition’s task, are there? But there’s so few of us remaining, it's going to be hard to progress.”
    Very awesome avatar by Derjuin.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •