Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 578

Thread: Gai-len [IC]

  1. Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Derjuin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Land of Maps and Treasure
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Vrishchika

    Already intending to help pay back the hospitality shown to the group by the Fey, Vrishchika's decision is cemented upon hearing of a reward. "Consider your favour accepted, at least by me," she says somewhat enthusiastically. She carefully considers the possibility of cahoots being involved, and keeps the idea tucked in the back of her mind, just in case. She also begins hatching ideas, mostly about the reward, in the case cahoots aren't involved.

  2. Top - End - #92
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Siel remains stone-faced, although she does seem to stand slightly more upright and it almost looks like she's gotten a bit taller as Froad tears up.

    I will accompany those who undertake this task and aid them. The fey says simply, seeing a great opportunity. A site like the one they would be going to would be full of pain and sadness-and this was a perfect chance to observe her new comrades in a high-stress situation...
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

  3. Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TinselCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Nala listens silently to Froad’s confession and request. From what she has begun to learn about the fey, this clearing of the forest seems like a serious attack especially because the fey do not appear at all warlike. Thus they must be incredibly vulnerable to direct attack. It is true that Froad had told them they wouldn’t have to repay the generosity they had been shown, but it would sit better with her if she felt that she had done something for them in return. Besides, this would be a good opportunity to see these goblins and ogres in action: fighting style, strategy and how well they work together. “Asking for our help is a smart move. I for one will do my best to help you. Our combat expertise should be very useful."

    She looks over at her pack and checks her weapons once more. "How long will it take to get there? Do you know how many there are? Where is their current position? How much have they cleared?” She stops her questioning. It might be a bit much for the distressed fey to process.
    Very awesome avatar by Derjuin.

  4. Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Froad looks clearly relieved as he hears you are willing to help him. Thank you! He turns to Nala. Well, we can get you there in ten minutes, but don't you want to prepare a bit? He smiles. I do not know their current position, other than that they are east from the portal in the oasis. From what I hear, there are a handfull of Goblins, more than one Ogre and at least one of them big, strong Goblins. I must admit I have not had the courage to check it out myself. He shrugs.

    So...do you guys have a plan....a standard tactic. Any preparations you need help with? The local Fey will help you orientate in the oasis. I will inform them you are coming.
    Avatar by Recaiden

  5. Top - End - #95
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    At Nala's assent to Froad's request, Jakkun is the next to step up. "If Nala goes, so do I." he says gruffly. He's not happy, but he's already learning to trust Nala's apparent defacto leadership, especially after their ordeal. "But what of this enchantment that you said would be placed on us if we went through the portal? Did I misunderstand when I assumed that it was the portal that conferred it?

    Spoiler
    Show
    As part of my preparations, I ensure that everyone travelling with us is placed under Endure Exposure, as well as using Aquatic Adaption on myself just in case.

  6. Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TinselCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    “Ten minutes,” Nala looks visibly impressed. But if only there was more information to be had. She starts pacing, trying to recall and apply her years of military training and in the process completely missing Jakkun's important question.

    “Our plan. Since it seems like we’re outnumbered, two-to-one or more, we have to avoid a pitched battle. We want something with a lot of cover from the trees.

    “First we’ll watch them, count targets and account for all of them. This is very important: we don’t want to be the surprised ones. Identify the leader if possible. Then start picking them off at range from inside the cover of the trees. My crossbow and any helpful magic.

    “The leader is always a high-priority target; because he’ll be the one with the plan and the authority to direct the others. If we can figure out who he is – I’m expecting it will be the ‘big goblin’ – try to take him out first."


    Pausing in mid-stride she asks Froad, “Are you and the local fey of a ‘just drive them off’ or ‘kill them all as an example to others’ mentality? Because" she explains, "if we need to kill them all we need to drop as many little goblins as early as possible. We need to lessen their numbers quickly if we’re going to stand a chance against all of them. If we just want to drive them off, we should soften up and take down the ogres before the little ones. The little ones are more likely to flee if their larger comrades are dropped.

    She resumes pacing and considers the next stage of the plan. “When we start sniping at them, they should want to come find us. Our positioning means we should be able to see them, but not be easily seen, so we can ambush them in the trees. Those that don’t like close combat should keep moving and sniping to cover those in melee combat. I’ll do my best to take out the ogres, but I’ve never had to face one down before.

    “Now, instead of trying to chase us out of the woods, they may just hunker down and return fire if they have ranged weapons. But we should have good cover and, since they’re busy clearing everything, they shouldn’t have much. As long as we don’t use up all our ammunition we should be able to sit and harass them until they have to make a move.

    “If things start to go really badly don’t hesitate to cut and run. As long as we’re alive we can try something else.

    “It would be nice if the fey could help us find the best position where we will have the most shelter from being seen and from any ranged weapons they might have. If they can help us make solid cover behind which we can hide and snipe from, if would be very helpful. I won’t ask them to fight; it would be too dangerous.

    “What I don’t know as well as I’d like to,”
    she adds directly to the rest of the party, “Is if there’s any useful magic that we can use in our favor. Think about your abilities that might be useful – not just blasts and missiles but anything that’s defensive or can cause trouble for them. Does it fit into this plan? Am I making sense?” She stops pacing and talking to waits. Yes, moving quickly is nice, but they don't sound too pressed for time and rushing carries its own set of hazards.

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm afraid, I really like to write for tactically-minded characters.

    EDIT: Now would be a good time to ask: are we full healed from the last few days of rest?
    Last edited by TinselCat; 2011-08-16 at 01:04 PM.
    Very awesome avatar by Derjuin.

  7. Top - End - #97
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Siel considers the possibilities for a moment. Well, I have the sound-illusion I used when you first arrived, as well as several agonija Naudoja* that can be used to coordinate our efforts. When combat begins I can also absorb or imbue us or enemies with suffering to improve or inhibit combat ability. She says. I also am capable of imbuing physical attacks with raw loss a few times a day, which can greatly aid in the elimination of single targets in short combats. The fey adds, her voice empty of any intonations that might indicate emotion.

    *"agony uses" in Lithuanian. Seems like they capitalize nouns, too.
    Last edited by PersonMan; 2011-08-16 at 01:59 PM.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

  8. Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Froad gives Jakkun an understanding nod. A good question. You are right, but we can bypass that effect. No need to worry about that. He then turns his attention to Nala. He is visibly impressed by the meticulous analysis she offers: he apparently has never thought a combat encounter through on that level. When Nala is done, he starts answering her.

    The Fey will help you as good as they can. Positioning, secret paths, beneficial magic if they can. Chances are some of them will join in the fight, but I cannot promise that. I also cannot promise that those brothers and sisters that would be wise to keep out of it will be able to keep their heads cool. Froad starts rubbing his chin before he continues. About the killing or driving off. I guess it would be more our style to drive them off, or better, negotiate, but seeing how your status here is somewhat, uhhh...illegal, hmmm? He raises an eyebrow. I guess we will understand if you decide to kill them.

    Also...if you could manage to question one of them to find out what on earth....or why they are doing this. That would be great.
    Avatar by Recaiden

  9. Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TinselCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Nala seems happy with the types of help that Froad’s fey comrades seem willing to offer. She considers his request for questioning. “We can try to take one alive, but won’t compromise our safety to do it. No guarantees. If we can't, watching and listening around the caravans might lead to some clues instead.

    “And as long as we know ahead of time which of you would like to help out, we can coordinate. We can plan a few escape routes along those secret paths and they can remain close to them to help where they can and slip away if needed. But we need to make sure no one will try something dumb and heroic. My favorite instructor insists that untrained improvisation is the messiest type of combat. If you know of any individuals who might cause problems, it would be best to relocate them to this oasis for the duration of the sortie.”
    Very awesome avatar by Derjuin.

  10. Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Thank you, Nala. Also, I will transfer your wish for the Fey to lay low in combat. Or at least not interfere. Well... Froad prepares to head off. I will give you a moment to prepare. Siel knows where to find me when you are ready. But please, don't take too long. Froad gives you a friendly smile before turning and heading to his home.
    Avatar by Recaiden

  11. Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    ALL:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am assuming you will want to sleep a day to prepare the right spells etc.


    The next morning, after preparing, Siel brings you to Froad and he takes you to a part of the oasis you have been quite a few times already. You are standing in front of a ~3ft high bush. Behind it is a small trail and a few broad leaved trees. Froad instructs you to push the bushes aside a bit and have a look. If you look through the bushes, you see a large pond, surrounded by palms and fern-like plants. It looks completely different from what is actually behind the bush.

    That is a portal. You can step through it and you will end up in a different oasis. You will not find a pond in the direct vicinity there. It is just a....ehm...visual cue that comes with these portals. About 50 feet to your left beyond the portal, you will find two barenut trees. Froad looks at Vrishchika and Siel and they both nod, indicating they know the type of tree. In between the two trees is a bush just like this. That, again, is a portal and it will take you to the troubled oasis. Here, take this he hands everybody except Siel four berries eat these before heading through the portal. You will then find no negative effects of your travel. There will be Fey awaiting your arrival in the troubled oasis. Good luck. Froad smiles at you as you step through the portal, one by one.

    Stepping through the portal is not as weird an experience as you might have thought it would be. It is just as normal walking, except that the change in sounds at the two connected localities creates a weird sensation in your ears for a short moment. You swiftly find the second portal and step through.

    As you arrive in the troubled oasis, a small creature approaches you. Small....well, actually it is a huge praying mantis, about 1.5ft tall and 3ft long. It has six razor-like fingers on each front set of legs and it is using one of these fingers to cover its mouth and indicate that you need to be silent. A second finger, on the other hand, is used to indicate that you have to follow it. In some way, it looks remarkably friendly for a huge insect of prey. The environment here looks very similar to Froad's oasis. The huge insect crouches through the bushes and, after moving for about three minutes, she (it is definately a 'she') whispers. We are allmost there. Look beyond those trees.. Your hostess moves ten feet into a hiding position and stays there, absolutely motionless.

    As you move into a position to have a peek (from a safe distance, so there is no chance you are being heard or seen moving about) you see an area of the oasis that has been cleared, just beyond a narrow body of water. The cleared area seems to be about 25x25ft. At the edge of the water, you notice six goblins busy building a house, or some other structure. The foundation has just been laid. They look fairly proficient at carpentry. As you hang around to check out what is happening, you see more. Every now and then, two bugbears arrive at the building site with pieces of wood that have been sawed and chopped in pieces usable by the goblins. They are performing their sawing and chopping about 15ft beyond the structure that is being build. You hear the constant sounds of axes battleing wood. From a bit north-east of the structure, you see, at some point, two ogres carrying a fairly huge tree to the site where the bugbears are working. As you keep looking, you don't learn anything more, except for the fact that these guys have a nicely efficient thing going on here.

    Your huge praying mantis hostess is looking expectantly at you.

    Also, here is a map
    Avatar by Recaiden

  12. Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TinselCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    It had been hard to sleep through the night after knowing what the next day holds. It had been hard to stop thinking about plans and tactics and hypotheticals. But thinking only does so much. Now it's time to act. “Interesting,” She mutters so that only they can hear. “It looks like they intend to settle here. Or at least make some sort of permanent structure. I can’t tell who’s in charge, though.”

    She looks around at their surroundings. “We appear to be well hidden here. But the water was not something I expected. Anyone crossing it will be more vulnerable. It makes it less likely that they will charge after us.” Then something occurred to her. “It’ll definitely slow the ogres down. They won’t want to cross the water. They’ll have to go all the way around. That should give us some time.

    "And it looks like all of them are in range of my crossbow. Can everyone else reach them? Since a lot of this plan depends on how they react, once everyone’s ready we can let loose the chaos.”
    Very awesome avatar by Derjuin.

  13. Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Derjuin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Land of Maps and Treasure
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Vrischika

    Vrishchika nods to Nala. "I can reach them from here, even. There are several spells I've prepared that can help delay the ogres and goblins at bay even longer," she offers. "An enchantment to put them to sleep, or a spell to make the ground as slick as ice. There are others, but these seemed the most appropriate to the situation." She says, and conjures a small white bird onto her shoulder. "Should we need a better view, I have a nigh-infinite supply of these things to spy for us."

    Spoiler
    Show

    Changes to spell list:
    -Charm Person
    +Sleep

    Used Bird's Eye Viewing from Malphas to create a dove on my shoulder, not using it to view at the moment.

  14. Top - End - #104
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    "My lungs are big... but they ain't that big. I'll need to get to..." Jakkun measures the distance with his eyes. "At least to the waterline before I can properly give those goblins their predestined roastin!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    my breath's range is 30ft in a line and 15 in a cone, and I don't have any other weapons.

  15. Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TinselCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    “I can try to cover you from the waterline,” Nala tells Jakkun. “I want to be near the front to be ready for when we reach melee range.”

    She moves quietly forward until she is almost to the edge of the water, still keeping low so that the goblins might not be able to notice her approach. She keeps her spear close at hand and pulls the case of crossbow bolts to a convenient position. After glancing back once to see if everyone else is prepared, she takes careful aim at the nearest little goblin working on the foundation and fires, hoping for a quick and decisive hit to start the battle in their favor.

    Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Attack: (1d20+7)[10]
    Damage:(1d8+1)[4]
    Very awesome avatar by Derjuin.

  16. Top - End - #106
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    As her comrade begins to move, Siel lets out a whistle, low enough to not be heard from very far away, and begins to draw in the suffering in the air. After a moment she seems to be biting off pieces of some invisible substance and swallowing them, and the air around her gains a slight blue tinge.

    OOC/Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Using Extract Grief, so you all have a +1 morale bonus to attack rolls, damage rolls and Will saves vs enchantments or fear effects.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

  17. Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Derjuin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Land of Maps and Treasure
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Vrishchika

    Unmoving from her position, Vrishchika begins an incantation, and finishes by uttering clear, arcane words of power and pointing a finger at the group of goblins at work.

    "Sleep!"

    OOC/Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Casting Sleep on the Goblins in N9, O9, N10, and O10. Up to 4 HD of goblins must succeed on a Will save (DC 17) for fall asleep for 4 minutes. They won't be awakened by sound, but "vigorous shaking" or damage will wake them up.

  18. Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    DM rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show

    (1d20+0)[6]
    (1d20+0)[6]
    (1d20+0)[3]
    (1d20+0)[18]

    (1d20+0)[15]
    (1d20+0)[13]
    (1d20+0)[8]
    (1d20+0)[5]
    (1d20+0)[1]

    Siel (1d20+1)[11]
    Nala (1d20+1)[13]
    Jakkun (1d20+2)[14]
    Vrishchika (1d20+7)[9]


    Nala and Jakkun head for the water line and stay hidden, while Vrishchika and Siel stay back and work their magics. Jakkun has announced that he will use his entangling breath when enemies get close. Vrishchika's incantation has three goblins dropping where they stand, soundly asleep. At the same time, Nala's bolt strikes true, and, empowered by Siel's song drops the goblin where he stands, soundly dying.

    This leaves two goblins standing. One of them notices his companions dropping and is gazing at the situation with a daft look on his face. The other one has noticed something, however, and shouts something in the Goblin tongue.

    Nala, Jakkun and Vrishchika:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The goblin shouts: 'Hey, HELP, we are under attack!


    You hear an immediate reaction in the distance from the bugbears and ogres. You all get one standard action or move action before they reach the site and initiative starts counting.

    All:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your initiatives are as follows:
    Siel (1d20+1)[11]
    Nala (1d20+1)[13]
    Jakkun (1d20+2)[14]
    Vrishchika (1d20+7)[9]

    Please all roll a hide check and tell me what standard/move action you wish to take.
    Last edited by Autopsibiofeeder; 2011-09-06 at 06:52 PM.
    Avatar by Recaiden

  19. Top - End - #109
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Siel moves up towards the water, drawing her sword in the process.

    Hide:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+1)[16]
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

  20. Top - End - #110
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TinselCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Nala hunkers down after firing her shot, hoping that there is too much confusion to tell where it had come from. With a soft click, she loads the crossbow again.

    Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: load crossbow
    Hide check: (1d20+4)[6]
    Very awesome avatar by Derjuin.

  21. Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    The last remaining goblin peers in your general direction (1d20-8)[1] but does not appear to see anything special. As you move into position you notice two bugbears and two ogres arriving at the scene. The bugbears are big, the ogres are huge. They have been working unarmored and barechested and you can tell from a distance they are so strong they could knock a grown man out with a single blow. One ogre carries a really big axe. Not a fighting axe, but still a dangerous object. The other ogre carries a small tree, by the looks of it. One of the bugbears does not seem to be carrying a weapon and the other carries a large saw, one that requires two large men to operate: An unconventional weapon, but you can imagine losing a limb fighting this guy.

    For now, they seem unaware of your position and are questioning each other, curiously peering into the forest every now and then and ready to retaliate any moment.

    Nala gets to act first (Jakkun is still readying his breath), depending on her action, some of the foes may react.

    New map

    Spoiler
    Show

    G (1d20)[3]
    B1 (1d20+1)[17]
    B2 (1d20+1)[8]
    O1 (1d20-1)[18]
    O2 (1d20-1)[6]
    Last edited by Autopsibiofeeder; 2011-09-10 at 06:25 AM.
    Avatar by Recaiden

  22. Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TinselCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Nala scans the potential targets. The ogre with the axe and the bugbear with the giant saw strike her as the two most dangerous foes on the field by virtue of their superior arms. But between the bugbear and the ogre, striking the ogre would make the best effect at the moment, so she takes careful aim and fires directly for the huge axe wielder.

    Quickly she loads the crossbow one more time. Hopefully she can get in one last shot before the fight reaches melee level.

    Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+7)[24]
    Damage: (1d8+1)[6]
    EDIT: fixed spoiler tags
    Last edited by TinselCat; 2011-09-10 at 11:12 AM.
    Very awesome avatar by Derjuin.

  23. Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Nala's bolt hits the Ogre in the shoulder, which leads to your opponents making new spot checks:
    Spoiler
    Show

    G (1d20-8)[7]
    B1 (1d20-6)[12]
    B2 (1d20-6)[6]
    O1 (1d20-8)[-2]
    O2 (1d20-8)[9]

    Both bugbears and the ogre with the tree spot Nala. The unarmed bugbear responds with a charge towards your location. The water is shallow enough for him to run through. As the unarmed bugbear crosses the water, Jakkun makes a snap shot decision and decides that a fire breath may be more useful here.

    The bugbear takes an unarmed swing at her, after dealing with the breath weapon. Seeing this happen, the ogre with the axe knows what to aim for. While the water is actually shallow, he decides to run around it, denying him a charge. As he arrives, he takes a powerful swing at Nala.


    DM notes
    Spoiler
    Show
    G [3]
    2-B1-unarmed [17]
    7-B2-saw [8]
    4-O1-axe [18] 6 damage
    8-O2-tree [6]

    5-Siel (1d20+1)[11]
    1-Nala (1d20+1)[13]
    3-Jakkun (1d20+2)[14]
    6-Vrishchika (1d20+7)[9]
    Last edited by Autopsibiofeeder; 2011-09-11 at 03:19 PM.
    Avatar by Recaiden

  24. Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    The bugbear takes the full load of Jakkun's breath. Most of his fur burnt he lashes furiously at Nala, but misses. The ogre, however, plants his axe sucessfully in Nala's chest and deals 17 damage.

    Siel is up and then Vrishchika. Then the other foes get to act.

    New map.

    Initiative order:
    Nala
    Jakkun
    Bugbear unarmed
    Ogre axe
    Siel
    Vrishchika
    Bugbear saw
    Ogre tree

    rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Bugbear reflex save: (1d20+4)[5]
    Jakkun's fire damage: (3d6)[11]
    Bugbear unarmed swing: (1d20+2)[14]
    Bugbear unarmed swing crit confirm: (1d20+2)[21]
    Bugbear damage: (1d3+2)[3]

    Ogre's axe swing: (1d20+7)[18]
    Ogre's axe swing crit confirm: (1d20+7)[14]
    Ogre's damage: (1d12+5)[17]


    DM notes
    Spoiler
    Show

    G [3]
    2-B1-unarmed [17] 11 damage
    7-B2-saw [8]
    4-O1-axe [18] 6 damage
    8-O2-tree [6]

    5-Siel (1d20+1)[11]
    1-Nala (1d20+1)[13]
    3-Jakkun (1d20+2)[14]
    6-Vrishchika (1d20+7)[9]
    Last edited by Autopsibiofeeder; 2011-09-11 at 03:28 PM.
    Avatar by Recaiden

  25. Top - End - #115
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Siel steps away from the fighting and continues her wailing song, draining the fear from her comrades.

    Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Five foot step to I9.
    Keep singing IC for +1.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

  26. Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Derjuin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Land of Maps and Treasure
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Vrishchika

    Duly noting the clump of foes on the other side of the water, Vrishchika steps only a bit closer to the action and looses another spell.

    "Grease!"

    Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show

    5-foot step to E9, casting Grease on squares N9, O9, N10, and O10; creatures in the area must make a DC 17 Reflex save or fall (and must repeat the save each round for 4 rounds if they stay in it).

  27. Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Both the bugbear with the saw and the ogre with the tree have the intention to charge in and join the fight. The ogre loses his balance immediately, however, and falls flat on his back while the bugbear just manages to stay afoot. The ogre spends the whole round to get up and the bugbear needs all his attention to battle the grease.

    The goblin quickly falls down and is happily pretending to be decapacitated. With both brutes craftily removed from the battle, at least for one round, the next round starts. Jakkun sneaks off towards the water and gives the ogre and bugbear that stand in the grease a taste of his breath, which also means the end for the last goblin.

    Nala is up.

    New map

    Spoiler
    Show

    Ogre reflex: (1d20+0)[4]
    Ogre balance to move: (1d20-1)[14]
    Ogre reflex save 2 (if balance fails): (1d20+0)[12]

    Bugbear reflex: (1d20+4)[18]
    Bugbear balance to move: (1d20+1)[7]
    Bugbear reflex save 2 (if balance fails): (1d20+4)[18]
    Last edited by Autopsibiofeeder; 2011-09-17 at 10:31 AM.
    Avatar by Recaiden

  28. Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Dm rolls and notes:

    Spoiler
    Show

    (1d20-4)[14]
    (1d20+0)[16]
    (3d6)[11]

    G [3]
    2-B1-unarmed [17] 11 damage
    7-B2-saw [8] 11 damage
    4-O1-axe [18] 6 damage
    8-O2-tree [6] 11 damage

    5-Siel (1d20+1)[11]
    1-Nala (1d20+1)[13]
    3-Jakkun (1d20+2)[14]
    6-Vrishchika (1d20+7)[9]
    Last edited by Autopsibiofeeder; 2011-09-17 at 10:30 AM.
    Avatar by Recaiden

  29. Top - End - #119
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TinselCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Not keen on being caught between the bugbear and the ogre, Nala sidesteps to focus on the more formidable foe. Since Siel has a sword and the bugbear is unarmed, Nala doesn’t think she should be in too much danger from the angry creature. Now that they’re in too close quarters for her to use the crossbow again, she drops it and draws her spear, then stabs defensively at the ogre. That hit of his really did some damage, and she doesn’t want to have to take another one of those this early in the fight.

    Actions and rolls
    Spoiler
    Show
    Free actions: 5-ft step to I-10, drop crossbow in I-10.
    Move action: “draw” spear (not AoO provoking)
    Standard action: attack ogre, using combat expertise (drop to hit mod from +10 to +7 and get AC 17+3 = 20 for the next round)
    To hit: (1d20+7)[25]
    Damage: (1d8+7)[13]
    Very awesome avatar by Derjuin.

  30. Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    While your nostrils are being filled with the scent of burnt fur and flesh, you see Nala impaling the ogre in his abdomen with her spear, causing some serious injury. She pierced him so deep she even has a hard time pulling her weapon out. For now it looks good, it seems you are on the winning side. However, the doom of several enormous brutes pounding on you with their tools is still threatening you, so you will have to remain careful.

    The unarmed bugbear sees, hears and smells is allies burning and pierced and decides to make a run for it. Apparently he is not getting paid enough to get slaughtered. He runs a bit and then turns around to see what is going on, ready to flee the scene completely. The ogre with the axe is enraged, though, and tries to smite Nala. It appears her defensive stance is paying off: he misses her and plants his axe in the ground.

    Siel and Vrishchika are up. New map.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Unarmed bugbear morale check: (1d20)[9]
    Unarmed bugbear attack roll: (1d20+0)[1]
    Unarmed bugbear damage roll: (1d3+2)[3]

    Ogre axe swing: [roll]1d20+7[roll]
    Ogre damage: (1d12+5)[10]
    Last edited by Autopsibiofeeder; 2011-09-17 at 05:02 PM.
    Avatar by Recaiden

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •