Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 578

Thread: Gai-len [IC]

  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    reroll because of typo

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+7)[9]
    No PbP posting during the Easter weekend (Fri-Mon)
    Avatar by Recaiden

  2. - Top - End - #122
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Siel steps out of the reach of the ogre, continuing to ingest the magic-infused grief she's drawn into the air.


    Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Five-foot-step to H8.
    Continue omnomnoming sadness.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

  3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Derjuin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Land of Maps and Treasure
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Vrishchika

    With a quick motion of her hands, Vrishchika sends a strange crackling beam at the ogre taking swings at Nala, the hint of a grin spreading across her face. Take this, you big, dumb brute, she whispers to no one in particular.

    "Ray of Clumsiness!"

    Spoiler
    Show

    (1d20+5)[19] Ranged touch attack vs. Ogre1 (at J11) for Ray of Clumsiness
    If it hits, it deals (1d6+2)[3] Dexterity damage (minimum 1).
    Last edited by Derjuin; 2011-10-08 at 06:05 AM.

  4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Vrishchika's ray hits the ogre and drains his agility, though that is actually hard to notice on such a far from subtle creature. His eyes sparkle with hatred as he looks at the magician that just tried to enchant him, but apparently he feels as though he shrugged the spell off and he focuses his energy on Nala again.

    The bugbear and ogre that were previously greased by Vrishchika seem to start to be able to handle the situation better: they are standing durefooted, without risk of falling but they are still unable to move an inch. Trapped they stand, watching their bugbear friend now deciding to run off as fast as he can and their ogre buddy facing off the group's warrior. Not to mention the grinning dwarf facing them, puffs of smoke still coming from the corner of his mouth.

    New map

    Nala and Jakkun are up.

    DM rolls and notes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Ogre tree reflex: (1d20+0)[20]
    Ogre tree balance: (1d20-1)[1]
    Bugbear saw reflex: (1d20+4)[24]
    Bugbear saw balance: (1d20+1)[5]

    2-B1-unarmed [17] 11 damage - fleeing
    7-B2-saw [8] 11 damage - Greased
    4-O1-axe [18] 19 damage – 3 dex damage (-2)
    8-O2-tree [6] 11 damage - Greased

    5-Siel (1d20+1)[11]
    1-Nala (1d20+1)[13]
    3-Jakkun (1d20+2)[14]
    6-Vrishchika (1d20+7)[9]

    Last edited by Autopsibiofeeder; 2011-10-09 at 04:23 PM.
    No PbP posting during the Easter weekend (Fri-Mon)
    Avatar by Recaiden

  5. - Top - End - #125
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TinselCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Nala glances briefly over to their other opponents - it seems that they are stuck for the immediate moment. "Keep them in place, Jakkun," she calls to the dwarf. Still not wanting to take any chances with them getting out of that mess and charging her, she sidesteps again to put the ogre more in their line of sight. Hopefully Vrishchika's spell would take its toll on this tireless ogre. Maintaining her caution, she stabs at her foe again.

    Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show
    5 ft step to I-11
    Attack (use combat expertise to keep AC at 20) (1d20+7)[15]
    Damage (1d8+7)[10]
    Very awesome avatar by Derjuin.

  6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Nala fells the ogre with her last blow: he sinks to the ground grunting softly. He is not dead yet, but for sure incapacitated. Jakkun decides to breathe fire one more time. The brutes are pretty helpless and perfect, willing recipients right now. The bugbear dies a horrible fiery death and the ogre is in a very bad shape. The unarmed bugbear decides to run for it and disappears in North-Eastern direction, soon to be out of sight.

    Siel and Vrishchika are up.

    DM Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Bref (1d20+4)[17]
    Oref{roll]1d20+0[/roll] *13, rerolled this on my desk, didn't feel like double posting
    Fire dam: (5d6)[14]

    2-B1-unarmed [17] 11 damage - fleeing
    7-B2-saw [8] 25 damage - Dead
    4-O1-axe [18] 29 damage – 3 dex damage (-2) - Incapacitated
    8-O2-tree [6] 25 damage - Greased

    5-Siel (1d20+1)[11]
    1-Nala (1d20+1)[13]
    3-Jakkun (1d20+2)[14]
    6-Vrishchika (1d20+7)[9]
    Last edited by Autopsibiofeeder; 2011-10-12 at 04:32 PM.
    No PbP posting during the Easter weekend (Fri-Mon)
    Avatar by Recaiden

  7. - Top - End - #127
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Siel lowers her head, licking her lips as if savoring the taste of some invisible food. The fey's mouth closes for a moment, before opening again to release an unnaturally clear note, which seems to hang in the air, accompanied by the strange confidence felt by those affected by her song.

    Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ending Scream of Suffering. Effects last for 5 more rounds.
    Perform, yo: (1d20+12)[25]
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

  8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    It seems Vrishchika is convinced of pending victory and decided not to use more of her magical repertoire. With all the goblins dead, one bugbear dead and one fleeing and a slowly dying ogre at Nala's feet, she may very well have a point. The only foe that is currently still up is the ogre that is standing in the grease. You can all see him fighting the slipperiness and horribly losing that fight.

    If you look well, you see a certain fear of death in his eyes. You can't blame him for that: all his friends are defeated, and he is trapped by magics he does not understand. It is likely it is this fear that makes it impossible for him to bring up the focus and agility to get out of the grease.

    Nala and Jakun are up.

    DM rolls and notes
    Spoiler
    Show

    Ogre ref and balance
    (1d20+0)[4]
    (1d20+0)[5]

    2-B1-unarmed [17] 11 damage - fleeing
    7-B2-saw [8] 25 damage - Dead
    4-O1-axe [18] 29 damage – 3 dex damage (-2) - Incapacitated
    8-O2-tree [6] 25 damage - Greased

    5-Siel (1d20+1)[11]
    1-Nala (1d20+1)[13]
    3-Jakkun (1d20+2)[14]
    6-Vrishchika (1d20+7)[9]
    Last edited by Autopsibiofeeder; 2011-10-19 at 03:52 AM.
    No PbP posting during the Easter weekend (Fri-Mon)
    Avatar by Recaiden

  9. - Top - End - #129
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TinselCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    With only one foe standing, and one that doesn’t appear to be able to make an attack at that, the opportunity that Froad had asked for seems to have come. Nala isn’t sure how how much the dim-looking ogre could tell them, but between this one and the three goblins still in the magical slumber Vrishchika had put them in, they might be able to get the answers the fey wants.

    Nala bends down and scoops up her crossbow, still loaded from when she’d dropped it in a hurry, and moves closer to the greased patch, still staying well outside of any reach the ogre might have. She takes careful aim at the unsteady foe, making it very clear that she can and will fire at a moment’s notice. Not knowing what language it speaks, she chooses goblin, the language of its fellows for this excursion. “Sit down,” she orders as clearly as possible in the foreign tongue. “Give up.” In case it doesn’t speak goblin, she takes one hand and points firmly to it, and then the ground at its feet. That is hard to misinterpret.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Readying an action to shoot if he charges. Not that it's likely to happen, but still.
    Very awesome avatar by Derjuin.

  10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Perhaps I have not been clear on this, but the sleeping beauties have all been thoroughly roasted by Jakkun.

    The ogre seems to admit defeat and begins to seat himself. With the grease still being active, this procedure is far from elegant: as he bends his legs, he slips once more and ends swift and prompt on his behind. With a lot of chagrin on his face he looks at you and says, in goblin: "What you want?" with a deep and booming voice.
    No PbP posting during the Easter weekend (Fri-Mon)
    Avatar by Recaiden

  11. - Top - End - #131
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TinselCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Oooh, whoops. Seems I didn’t catch that. Thanks for mentioning. That would have been a bit embarrassing when it caught up to me.

    Nala follows his ungainly decent with the tip of her crossbow, not willing to lower it even though he isn’t in any position to attack. These ogres are formidable enough that she doesn’t want to take any more chances than she has to.

    She can think of a lot of questions to ask him – finally a chance to learn something concrete about their enemy, but decides to limit it to a few and keep them simple and repetitive. She isn’t sure of the extent of the ogre’s intelligence. The ones they had seen earlier didn’t appear to have the sharpest minds. She keeps her voice, high and soft compared to his, as firm and clear as possible. “What were you and the others doing here? Cutting down trees, building something. What were you doing and why?”
    Very awesome avatar by Derjuin.

  12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    The ogre glances at each of you with a foul look on his face. We build building, you see that. Dumb question. Buildings are shelter and safety for travelers. He then continues to peer more intently at you, Nala in particular. What you are? Elfies? He grins at Jakkun and proceeds to spit at the ground. You kill me?
    No PbP posting during the Easter weekend (Fri-Mon)
    Avatar by Recaiden

  13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TinselCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    “This place belongs to the fey,” Nala tells the ogre. She was hoping for more of an answer than he gave, but she wasn’t expecting much more. “They fey do not want you to build here. This is their home. They want you to go away. They asked us to make you go away. If you leave and tell your people that they cannot build here, we will not kill you.” She wasn't going to kill him in cold blood, and it would be more productive of him to bring the news back to any others around the area. And she certainly wasn’t going to tell the ogre anything about who they were. That could not end well.
    Very awesome avatar by Derjuin.

  14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Derjuin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Land of Maps and Treasure
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Vrishchika

    "We won't kill you, as long as you leave and tell your friends that cutting down this forest and building in it aren't good ideas." She reiterates Nala's points, hoping to add emphasis. "But if you try it again..." she trails off for a moment, drawing her cutlass and waving it menacingly at the ogre. "We might just have to cut you down." She hoped the sword would enhance her threat, even though she barely knew how to wield it and certainly wouldn't be the one doing the cutting.

  15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    The ogre stares at you as he is obviously pondering your proposal. If ogre expressions are somewhat similar to human expressions, he seems to have trouble understanding your logic. After a few seconds, he nods and shows a faint grin. Okay. You don't kill me. I tell boss not to build. He looks at you questioningly: Right?

    I can go now?
    No PbP posting during the Easter weekend (Fri-Mon)
    Avatar by Recaiden

  16. - Top - End - #136
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TinselCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    “Yes,” Nala says. She tries to make her meaning as clear as possible. “You tell boss not to build. If you try to build here again, we will not let you go. If you build here, we will kill you. Now go.” She is of half a mind to follow the ogre when he leaves, but that might be a bit too risky. And she did promise Froad the little information that they were able to gather from the ogre first. It might be better just to let him go in peace. She could only hope that the warning he would convey would be effective. But, at least they completed the mission. Since she would survive the injury the other ogre had given her, no one else had gotten hurt, and the building was stopped for now, that counted as a success.
    Very awesome avatar by Derjuin.

  17. - Top - End - #137
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    It seems like we've completed our mission here. Should we return to the other oasis now? Siel asks, turning to her companions, the taste of their anguish still on her tongue. The water that seems to be running down her chain stills and eventually stops as Nala and Vrishchika speak with the ogre.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

  18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    The ogre uses his huge hands to rub the ground and check whether it is still slippery. Once satisfied it is safe, he stands up and heads towards the place Nala has been fighting the other ogre, to check up on him. In passing he gives Jakkun a small grin. Funny man breathes fire, he mumbles.
    No PbP posting during the Easter weekend (Fri-Mon)
    Avatar by Recaiden

  19. - Top - End - #139
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TinselCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Nala holds back a small smile at the ogre’s mumbled comment. She remembers being just as baffled the first time she had seen Jakkun do his firebreathing, and it had taken her a long time to wrap her brain fully around it. It seemed odd to her that he didn’t seen too angry about his friend being killed, but she didn’t know how close of friends they were, anyway. At least he didn’t seem aggressive. “Go on,” she orders. To Siel and the others she says in Common, so that (she hopes) the ogre can't understand, “I’m going to wait until he’s gone, and then I’ll be right behind you.”
    Very awesome avatar by Derjuin.

  20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    The ogre heads to his comrade. He slaps him a few times and starts lifting him over his shoulder. It seems his body is not completely void of life: apparently, he was incapacitated, but not dead yet. The ogre speaks to his friend in giant, but none of you speak that language. You do recognize the word orcs and goblins use for 'shaman'. It looks like he intends to take his friend to the doctor.

    The ogre leaves with his friend over his shoulder and pays no attention to the smoldering heap of goblins. He turns one last time to you. Thank you. Be careful near the water. It is cursed by the weird creatures.
    No PbP posting during the Easter weekend (Fri-Mon)
    Avatar by Recaiden

  21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    The ogre leaves the oasis and it seems your work here is done. After a few moments, as the near-silence typical for these oases takes over, your hostess, the fey that looks like a praying mantis, steps out of the bushes. She looks at you with some form of expression on her face, but in all honesty the meaning of this expression gets lost in the translation from insect to humanoid faces. ”Thank you. The fey of the oasis-islands owe you a great debt. I am confident Froad will make sure you are rewarded. Please, allow me to guide you back to the portal.” The expression on her face changes again. This might very well be a smile she offers you as she brings you to the portal. ”May the earth mother be with you.”

    As you appear in your ‘home’ oasis you see Froad nervously pacing around. As he spots you, you notice his eyes darting, counting your numbers, followed by a small sigh of relief as he realizes you all survived. ”How are you? Are you wounded? Och, my child…” he says as he rushes to Nala to mend her wounds with his nature magic. ”Tell me, how did it go? No. Sit, first…eat some. Are you well?” He is obviously frantically panicked at the whole situation of having friends undergoing violence on his behalf. He runs around arranging palm leaves for you to sit on and hastily conjures some food into woven baskets and places them in front of you, his wings flapping irregularly, but he does not fly. As he finally, after a minute or two, settles down he seats himself and looks at you.

    ”So, now we have calmed down….please, tell me all. How did it go? Are the aggressors gone? Did you manage to get some information?”
    No PbP posting during the Easter weekend (Fri-Mon)
    Avatar by Recaiden

  22. - Top - End - #142
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TinselCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Nala breathed a comfortable sigh of relief that her injury has been taken care of. She sits down across from Froad and briefly summarizes the adventure before reaching for something to eat. “It went well. Apart from my injury which you so graciously healed, that was our only trouble. There were four or so goblins, two bugbears, one of which fled during the attack. And two ogres. Both of those survived,” she did admit her surprise that the hardy creature had survived their duel, “and one was able to give us some information, although it isn’t much. I take it that ogres aren’t known for their grasp of the complex. But he said that they were building… well, buildings. Shelter for travelers, it sounded like. He said that he would leave and tell his boss that they can’t build over there, and I think he and his friend will definitely remember today whenever they’re in the area. Assuming the message is faithfully delivered and heeded, the oasis should be safe.”

    She did remember one thing the ogre said, and even if it was nonsensical superstition, she was curious enough to ask. “The ogres also appeared to fear the water around here. Do you know why that is? It is any different than water outside the oasis?”
    Very awesome avatar by Derjuin.

  23. - Top - End - #143
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Siel turns to her comrade when she mentions the water. "It's an old superstition of the ogres caused by fey in the distant past." She explains, remembering now that her allies wouldn't have known why the ogres were staying away from the water either of the times they had seen them.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

  24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Froad nods and grins faintly at Siel’s explanation. ”I am glad it all ended well. And thankful,” Froad sighs. ”I knew this day would come. For years and years it went well. The orcs were our guests and treated us and nature with respect. However, progress happens in such a society and at some point other things get priority. In a sense, I cannot even blame them. They are humanoids after all.” He eyes you apologetically. ”No offense, but it seems these things work differently for fey. Progress. Society. Priorities.”

    “I will see if I can set up a meeting and discuss matters. I know some orcs that can, ehm, ‘pull some strings’.”
    Froad appears to be thinking hard for a moment and then continues. “So…but if I understand correctly, you were seen by two ogres and a bugbear that survived? The ogres are not a problem, but I fear you may have underestimated the bugbear. They tend to be smart, relatively educated and well-informed. Chances are that he recognized you for what you are.” He looks at each of you with a stern face. ”Illegal is the word, if I am not mistaken.”

    “I suggest you take some rest and replenish your spirit and focus for tomorrow. I also suggest…no, I insist you lay low for a few days and see what happens. Hide in the oasis. You will be safe here while we wait to see if the orcs will come for you. Chances are they are patrolling right now to track you down. Let us hope for the best”


    All
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am fast forwarding to the next day now. If you want to study different spells or change other ‘daily’ options, feel free to let me know in your next post retro-actively.


    The next morning you feel as good as ever. There is something about this place that makes rest count double, in a way. While normally after a battle, the next day you might feel a bit stiff or bruised (even after magical healing), you feel completely refreshed. It does not take long before Froad checks up on you. ”Good morning. I hope you all slept well?”

    “Come, gather. I have something to tell you. It seems your presence has not gone unnoticed. Yesterday night I had a small meeting with someone that heard reports about ‘outlanders’ that were involved in the conflict at the oasis. Now, it appears to me that this man has no ill intentions. He has asked me to meet you. I told him I would forward the request and that I would let you decide. Now, I trust this man and can give you my word that you can as well, but nothing more. He is currently here, in the oasis, but he does not know you are here. You can find him near the bent palm trees, next to the water”

    “Since I did not tell him anything about you, I decided it be fair that I do not tell you further about him. If you are curious, go and have a look. Curiosity is nice….tends to pay off.”
    He smiles. ”I’ll leave that to you to discuss and decide. I have to leave now. I have a meeting with an orc captain set up. He assured me he was willing to negotiate the situation and I have good hopes for a good ending to this miserable episode.” Froad stands up and is about to walk away. ”Near the bent palm trees.” He winks at no one in particular and takes off. ”See you tonight!”
    No PbP posting during the Easter weekend (Fri-Mon)
    Avatar by Recaiden

  25. - Top - End - #145
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TinselCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Nala isn’t quite sure what to expect; Froad’s announcement is unexpected. It makes her nervous to know that word of their existence had gotten out so fast, and that would make her wary of anyone searching around for them, except that Froad said he trusts this man, and that they were in the oasis where the fey would not tolerate violence. They should be safe. And Nala certainly can’t pass up an opportunity to meet someone (supposedly) trustworthy and (hopefully) informative in these circumstances.

    “It would be nice to take a first look from afar,” she decides. “Just to see what to expect. I intend to talk to him directly, though, no matter what we find.”

    With that she heads in the direction of the palm trees Froad had mentioned. She doesn’t take great care to move as softly and hidden as possible, but doesn’t try to make too much noise or noticeable movements. She doesn’t want to hide and give the impression of fear to this newcomer. It would be a good sign to come unarmed, so she makes sure to leave her spear strapped to the back of her pack and her dagger sheathed out of sight.

    She stops the moment she can spot the stranger, and takes a moment just to assess what there is to be seen.

    DM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Taking 10 on move silently check (total of 14). Not threatened or stressed, just cautious.
    Very awesome avatar by Derjuin.

  26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Nala, and those that follow her, approach the lake. Trying not to give yourself away at first, you peak through the bushes and see an unexpected figure sitting comfortably.

    It is an ogre. That is for sure. An ogre...an ogre warrior even. It has to be a warrior, you can clearly see the shield strapped to his back and the enormous club and curved sword laying on the ground right next to him. On the other hand...is this an ogre? He is huge, but he is sitting at the shoreline, even worse: he has the pants of his leather armor rolled up and the lower part of his legs are in the water. This is, even for Siel, the first ogre you have ever seen embracing open water.

    Your first impressions are that he is strong...to a brutish level, yet with a very content friendly smirk on his face. He had just used his giant strength to gently uproot a water lily and has been scraping brown-greenish stuff from the rootlets and putting the harvest in a little leather bag. With great care, the water plant is being re-planted.

    The ogre is bald and is wearing, besides his leather armor, necklaces and arm bracelets composed of flowers, wooden sticks and what appear to be (animal?) bones. A few meters behind him you can see a fairly big metal pot, one that one might use to cook a nice stew over a camp fire.

    An ogre, that's for sure. A weird ogre...that's for sure.
    Last edited by Autopsibiofeeder; 2011-11-19 at 07:10 PM.
    No PbP posting during the Easter weekend (Fri-Mon)
    Avatar by Recaiden

  27. - Top - End - #147
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Siel's expression is void of any surprise or recognition; she might as well have been looking at a rock. Internally, however, she quickly came to a conclusion: this ogre was a nature-dweller, like the one she had known in the past. The memory of his suffering released some anguish from her, giving the fey a slightly changed appearance. For one of the humanoid races, this might be happiness. For Siel, however, all that changed was that her eyes, already clearly inhuman, began to glow blue at the outlines. The pure black and blue are clearly separate, and from an angle it might seem as if the fey's skin had changed color.

    Hmmmm. Is all Siel says before shifting her weight forwards and lifting herself from hiding, giving no thoughts as to the oddity of either her appearance or her sudden 'arrival'. Striding confidently through the brush, spurred on by curiosity and the interesting prospect of finding another source of the particularly well-cultivated sorrow like her former mentor, the fey comes close to the ogre before tilting her head slightly to the side.

    It seems that you are our visitor. You dwell in nature, do you not? Siel asks, her tone unnaturally clear, simultaneously laden with sadness and without any inflection.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

  28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TinselCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Of all of the possibilities Nala had prepared herself for, this is definitely not one of them. She stops in shock for a moment, and then takes a mental step back to reevaluate the situation from scratch. This defies everything she thought she had learned: an ogre sitting and touching the water that she had thought they all feared, and one who doesn’t look quite as brutish as the others she had seen. This makes little sense, but, she considers, she is still learning things about this world.

    Siel had already moved by the time she finishes recovering her wits. Nala notices out of the corner of her eye that Siel looks a little different than usual, an expression she cannot quite translate from fey to human. She notices it with a little less surprise than before – even if she does not understand it, she is slowly getting used to the fey’s odd behavior.

    So Nala decides to follow on Siel’s heels. She stops somewhat further away, instinctively picking a spot out of the ogre’s formidable reach. She doesn’t add anything to what Siel said, wondering what exactly a nature dweller was, and how that was different from the lifestyle of the fey. As far as Nala was concerned “nature dweller” couldn’t describe anyone better than the fey. She is very interested to see the ogre’s reaction to the intrusion before doing anything other than making her presence known.
    Very awesome avatar by Derjuin.

  29. - Top - End - #149
    Orc in the Playground
     
    maestrodesigns's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    The Ogre quickly turns his head to see where that sound came from. The expression on his face is a combination of serenity and anticipation. He doesn't seem startled from the sudden approach, as if he'd been waiting for it.

    With a broad grin he gets up and turns around, towering over the fey. Suddenly though he seems to lose his footing in the mud and he slowly topples backwards. Even though he weaves his arms wildly to recover, he goes down with a splash.

    Before anyone can react he gets up again. A deep loud laugh accompanies a goofy look on his face. He wrings out his cloths somewhat while taking a good look at the two strange beings in front of him. strange folk... probably more fey.

    After a while he addresses them in sylvan, which sounds slightly strange in such a booming voice... "Hello there little fey! I guess you could see me as a visitor, yes. I don't come here often. As for the nature bit; I have the Ancestors to guide me, but I guess you could say I have some close ties to mother nature yeah."

    The Ogre looks around as if expecting someone, then turns his attention to the fey again. "I am Tralkor by the way, that's Burt" The Ogre points at a large toad sitting near his equipment, that strangely appears to nod his head in the direction of the fey. "And who might you two be? Ow and ... eh... would you happen to have seen some outlanders around here? I am kinda hoping they would be willing to meet me..."
    Last edited by maestrodesigns; 2011-11-20 at 06:32 PM.
    Active Characters

  30. - Top - End - #150
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Siel probably would have smiled, if she was a mortal. She wasn't, however, so there was no change in her expression. When the ogre fell, she closed her eyes to keep the water and mud from splashing into them, but otherwise ignored it. Everything that touched her felt, and was, completely foreign to her, she didn't really understand why one would react differently to other substances.

    Sylvan:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I appreciate that you are speaking the melody of sorrow, but my comrades are not beings such as myself. Their ears and tongues are probably unable to harmonize with it as we can. Perhaps you can speak the tongue of travelers?


    Others hear: Suprantu, kad jūs kalbate liūdesio melodiją, bet mano bendražygiai yra ne tokie, kaip aš būtybės. Jų ausys ir liežuviai tikriausiai negali suderinti su juo, kaip mes galime. Galbūt galite kalbėti keliautojų liežuvį?

    Turning to Nala, she begins to speak in the aforementioned language. This is Talkor, his frog is Burt. He has connections with his ancestors and with nature. He is searching for 'outlanders' and is hoping that they will speak with him. I've asked him to speak your language. The fey informs her.

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Making up a few terms up for Sylvan, as until I'm, as far as I know, the only PC speaker of it.

    'tongue of travelers' is referring to Common. 'melody of sorrow' is what Siel calls Sylvan, due to her...unique perspective of the world.


    DM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Using Lithuanian for Sylvan. Think it makes sense to put in some stuff people can't read when I say something they don't understand.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •