Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 578

Thread: Gai-len [IC]

  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Hurried on and encouraged by Nala and Froad, you head for the hiding spot. You can sit there safely without being noticed, even Tralkor: the fey have groomed their surroundings to suit their nosy and shy nature.

    After a few minutes of silence you hear some dark booming voices in the distance, followed by some rustling in the bushes some sixty feet away from you. A big bugbear clad in leather armor steps out of the bushes. He peers around intently while sweeping the area with a drawn longbow. He takes ten seconds for his inspection and then turns around and starts speaking in Orc.

    "There is no point in this if you don't shut up, Borf. Anyone here will have heard us way before I start scouting." What must be the strongest and tallest orc you have seen so far in your life steps out of the bushes and joins the bugbear. "BWAhaa, hehe...take it easy. There is noone here. I am afraid of nobody anyway." If his shaven and scarred skull is not his most impressive feature, the gigantic axe on his back must be. The orc starts taking off his chain shirt. ""Let's go swim! Or do you need to check the demimeter there as well? Bwaha!" The orcs rushes to the water as the bugbear turns around to face the bushes again. "Perimeter...." He continues to mutter some soundless words with a hopeless expression on his face, adressing the two last figures coming out of the bushes. The small robed goblin has her attention fully focused on a scroll she is holding, but the orc, clad in a nicely ornamented full plate, that follows the goblin shows some understanding. He makes a calming gesture and sais: "Let him. The man is excited to see water and this place seems peaceful enough, huh?" The orc smiles at the miffed bugbear and the three of them proceed to sit next to the water.

    As the orc swims around and produces some weird exclamations of joy and encouragement for the others to join him, the goblin sits quietly and keeps reading her scroll. When offered a drink from a watersack she waves it away absentmindedly, not even looking up. The orc and bugbear sit together and have a small conversation about how they have been travelling for three weeks now and how the last part of their travels through this relatively flat and barren land has been quite swift. The bugbear also repeatedly makes the point that they should be more cautious and allow for better and more scouting. The orc in general replies that he should have more faith and that they enjoy protection from 'above'. During a short period of silence the bugbear looks around lazily as he suddenly sits up. "We are being watched." He starts drawing his bow as suddenly the goblin speaks up: "It is the Fey. Don't worry, they are harmless." The female sounds very certain, but does not take the effort of looking up to confirm her theory. The bugbear is now focused on the ground surrounding them. "People were here. Orcs...females? Hmmm...and ogres, I think." "It is a trading route, my friend. Many an orc and ogre will be frequenting this place, no?" It seems the bugbear is satisfied, as he puts back his bow and continues to lazy about. "Yeah...let's camp here."

    "WOO HOO!" The orc splashes some water on his companions on the shore before he leaves the water and yields some annoyed comments. "So. We camping here, huh? That's good. I approve of this. When I retire, I am going to build me one of these. Oasis, huh? Haha!....Two oasises even!" Apparently his companions are used to the nonsense the orc produces: he does not get much response.

    "So...Yana. We are almost there and we are far away from cities and people, right?"

    "Hmmm...."

    So...you get to tell me what we're doing, no?"

    "Hmmm....."

    "I mean, is it far to the south...towards the end of the world? The world does end somewhere, no?"

    "Hmmm...."

    "Hmmpf."

    "Tell him, Yana. Otherwise I will. With my head for detail, you might want to do it yourself, no?"

    "Yes!"

    *sigh* "Do you remember the big machine...that brings wood to the city?"

    "Yes"

    "Do you know why it moves...out of itself?"

    "Yes...magic"

    "No, magic can not do that. Well, it can, but that would be too expensive."

    "No, it is magic, I am sure"

    "God kill me...please"

    "Hey!"

    "Sorry, but come on!"

    "Guys, I am speaking. Okay, Dorf, it is magic"

    "Yes"

    "Buuut...it is special magic. It requires a special stone to function. A gem"

    "Yes, a magical gem"

    "No, not a magical gem"

    "Then, what's so special about it?"

    "Well, it is green. It is also very big. Almost as big as your head"

    "As big as YOUR head?"

    "Uh, yeah. And it is warm to the touch. Hold it for too long, and you will burn your hands"

    "Okay"

    "So, the gem for the second machine was found a while ago. They are very rare, we may never find a third"

    "Ohhh....lucky finder"

    "Yes, but it was stolen"

    "No!"

    "Yes"

    "By who?"

    "Dark elves"

    "No way? Dark elves??"

    "Yes"

    "Yana?"

    "Yes?"

    "What is a dark elf?"

    "Dark elves are evil creatures that live deep underground"

    "Evil? Isn't it dark there?"

    "Yes, they can see in the dark"

    "No way!"

    "Yes....if my information is correct, there was a time when your kind could do so as well"

    "Wow. So....where are we going?"

    "Endar..."

    "Right. Borf, we walk for maybe two weeks to the south and find maybe ten more oases"

    "Oasises. Ten is more than one."

    "Yes. The landscape will turn to jungles. Very funny forests. We should be able to see two volcanoes...mountains....very large hills. We then go to the right one. At the foot of the big hill is a mine. That is where the gem got stolen. The drakefolk that live there have made carvings in the trees that lead us to the entrance of the dark elf lair. From there on, we are on our own"

    "Oh....Yana?"

    "Hmmm..."

    "The world does end somewhere, no?"


    The conversations continue, but this was obviously the most interesting part. The party intends to sleep here and travel on the next morning. If you want to, you can let them pass without them noticing you. If you want, you can confront and/or disturb them. If so, now is the time.
    Avatar by Recaiden

  2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Woah. Lots of stuff happened while I was asleep.

    Is it just me, or do I post from school really often?

    Anyways, I'm looking forward to the next scene, as I have some fun things in mind. I can disguise myself as a goblinoid-y-thing or go in as a fey...


    Siel motions to the others to withdraw to a place where theys won't have to worry about being seen. This could be our chance to find out more about the situation. Perhaps Froad or I could speak with them later. I'm not sure if it would be a good idea for any of you, She indicates Nala, Vrischka, and Tralkor, to be seen by them. It's probably best to keep our connections to ogres secret. You are, at this point, our 'secret weapon', Tralkor. The fey mentions quietly.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  3. - Top - End - #183
    Orc in the Playground
     
    maestrodesigns's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    You all notice yourselves blending in with the surroundings much more then usual. Almost as if you and your outfit change colour to match the bushes around you. Then you recall Tralkor muttering something about chameleons and making some weird hand gestures while you were retreating into hiding.

    Even Tralkor is able to move relatively unseen with the help of his magic, and he quickly follows Siel to a somewhat safer location. better not to wait till the magic expires, don't want to be seen by m.

    "I have to agree with Siel. Although it would be nice to learn more, I sure as hell don't wish to make contact with them. Aside from the 'secret weapon part', they might expect me to join their cause and I would definitely cause some trouble if I refuse. Even though the ogres are powerful and somewhat independent, they are still expected to follow the lead of any orc that is willing to pay enough coin."

    Spoiler
    Show
    I've cast Mass Camouflage to cloak our retreat. +10 circumstance bonus to all hide rolls for everyone, as long as no one moves more then 60 feet from the nearest group member.
    Active Characters

  4. - Top - End - #184
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TinselCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Nala lingers, and is the last of them to withdraw to the safer location. She grits her teeth in frustration. That conversation was the most intriguing thing she had heard since coming here. Even the way the creatures interact kept her entranced. Is this typical behavior? I would almost call them friends…

    And whatever this big machine they were referring to is, it sounds even more fascinating. As she had done many times before, Nala wishes that she could see this thing, to touch it, to study it, to learn about it. How can these orcs and goblins and other critters be capable of inventing such a thing?

    She wants to interact with them – to ask them questions, to have them tell her about this mysterious thing and any other major accomplishments of the monstrous races. But that just could not be, and she knows it. Resisting the urge to kick a tree, Nala tries to find some way to work around the predicament.

    She knows that some of her frustration must be visible on her face, so she tries to explain as best she can. “I’m curious. I’m very, very curious about all this. I have a lot of questions, the answers to which only they might be able to give.” She takes a deep breath. “I want to talk to them. It’s not that I don’t trust you or Froad, Siel, but I want to be able to participate, to ask any questions that might occur to me, whenever they occur to me.

    “Look,”
    she adds, before anyone can object. “I have something that will allow me to look like an orc. Or half-or-more-orc, at least. It’s a magical powder that I got from one of my teachers back from home. I will disguise myself as an orc. I will claim – and you two fey can collaborate on this – some story like I was injured and my caravan left me behind to recover, or I came here alone a few days ago to rest. Then we can say hi, chat for a while and get some information. I can’t let this opportunity pass me by.”

    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm talking about my Dust of Illusion. Works like Disguise Self spell, lasts 2 hours.
    Very awesome avatar by Derjuin.

  5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Siel nods slowly, but then something comes to mind as Nala explains her plan.

    You may have to pretend you lost your memory - they might expect you to know things that you do not. The fey says, considering what she knows about the human from the other continent. Disguising yourself as an orc could be a hinderance, as your speech, posture and the like will not match your story. If they think you are injured they may want you to stay with them, and I doubt that this powder will last forever. I don't think their reaction will be friendly if their strange new orc friend turns into a human woman. She considers using her own magic to disguise the human, perhaps as a fey, but she remembers that it is limited to personal use and therefore useless unless she wanted to change her own shape. In a rare display of emotion, she frowns slightly and ensures Nala that I understand how you feel, but if you are to put yourself in this situation we must plan for the potential difficulties with this group.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  6. - Top - End - #186
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TinselCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    As correct as Siel's points are, Nala is not to be deterred. “I accept the difficulties. It will be me alone. I don’t expect you or anyone else to get involved in this unless you so desire. If anything goes wrong, it will just be me who is in danger. It doesn’t sound like this group knows anything about the ‘outsiders’ before coming here, like Tralkor did.” She considers Siel’s suggestion about the story. “I like the idea of losing my memory. And as for the issue of if they want me to remain with them, I can say that I’m not ready to leave yet because I haven’t recovered fully, my memory still hasn’t returned, and in return for you helping me, I promised you I would stay here and help you with… something. And since, once given, I never go back on my word, I have an obligation to stay for a time that I will fulfill. Just suggest me an orcish name to fill out the rest of the story, and that’s all the information I will give them. My accent isn’t that bad, is it? And any imperfections can be attributed to memory loss. Head injuries are a finicky thing,” she shrugs. I'll just have to remember to include some kind of scar in my orcish disguise. “Are there any severe objections?” She asks, hoping there won't be any.
    Very awesome avatar by Derjuin.

  7. - Top - End - #187
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Froad frowns a bit and nods every now and then. "I think you are all bringing up sensible points and I also think I see why you are so keen on speaking to them. Nevertheless, I wonder: Do you see a tactical advantage in them not knowing you are here and may have heard them?"
    Avatar by Recaiden

  8. - Top - End - #188
    Orc in the Playground
     
    maestrodesigns's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    "Hmmm....." Tralkor carefully picks up Burt and gently pets his head while his mind wanders "I don't know. It seems pretty risky. And don't get me wrong, I will uphold my end of our agreement and assist you, whatever trouble you get yourselves into, but what more do we wish to learn from these folks? I'd say we've been able to overhear most of the important stuff they had on their agenda. Perhaps we might even be able to get our hands on that second stone before they do. That could mean quite a blow to their expansion powers."
    Active Characters

  9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Siel nods. I will accompany you, playing the role of an inquisitive, harmless local creature. As far as names go, I cannot aid you, as the entirety of my instruction left out any mention of such things. She explains. If necessary, I will aid you if you need to extricate yourself from the situation. It would be...quite unfortunate if you were you be captured. Your presence leaves a blue tinge on the world. The fey says. Her final comment is something that you haven't heard before, but her tone seems to imply that it's an important compliment. She focuses on Nala for a moment longer before turning to Vrishchika, the blue aura around her beginning to fade as she does so. Her eyes seem to be...different, somehow. If they weren't completely black, it might have been possible to read her expression.

    You gain powers from these beings you contact, yes? Are you aware of any which would help in this situation? Siel asks, her tone tinged with the normal curiosity she expresses while speaking of Vrishchika's powers.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Derjuin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Land of Maps and Treasure
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    "There is one," she says after a moment. "But seeing as I am currently still bound by pact to the Turnfeather, I can't actually make another pact until this one becomes void. We would have to wait until the morning to make use of the Grinning Hound's gifts. Until then, the best I can do is spy on them with birds." Vrishchika shrugs, a look of annoyed defeat appearing her face for a moment.

    "However, with my magic, I can disguise myself or read their thoughts. It might make getting what information we need out of them easier, if we decide to do so soon. If we wait until morning, though, I'll be able to prepare a little better for interrogating - er, I mean interacting with - them." She says, rather enthusiastically. She liked reading thoughts; it was like opening up someone's personal journal and peeking through the first couple of pages. What little gems of information might be hiding in the rough of these natives' brain activity?

  11. - Top - End - #191
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TinselCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    “Mind reading,” Nala says flatly. She covers her eyes with a hand. “Mind reading,” she repeats. “Vrish, that is quite possibly the most useful skill I could think of for this situation. That changes everything. As long as there are no big caveats to its use that would prevent you from using it from a hidden spot nearby, it will be a much, much more reliable way of getting the information we want. So much better than asking questions and hoping they’re feeling chatty.”

    It’s an inner conflict to admit it. As much as she wants to do something about this herself, and feel that she is accomplishing something, failing to take advantage of this option would be more than negligent on her part. It is much safer, and, as she continually reminds herself after the disaster that wiped out the rest of the expedition, that is the highest priority right now. “Let’s scratch my end of the plan in favor of Vrish’s. We can have one of the fey be the curious one, my presence won't be significant, since Vrish will be able to seek out the answers to the questions I would have asked from a distance. Vrish, if your mind reading does its thing, we should have all the information we need with significantly less risk.”
    Very awesome avatar by Derjuin.

  12. - Top - End - #192
    Orc in the Playground
     
    maestrodesigns's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Tralkor passively awaits whatever plan the others would come up with. He keeps learning new, and more importantly fascinating stuff about these beings. All of them seem to be quite intelligent, insightful and full of surprising special skills and/or powers. mindreading... wow. never thought that stuff was for real... Good thing then I never really keep any secrets... gheh.

    He mumbles something about standing by for whatever he would be needed for and keeps to himself for the rest of the conversation. His frog Burt sometimes croaks softly to him, almost as if it's trying to tell him something. But that would be silly.
    Active Characters

  13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Siel nods. If necessary, I can inquire as to what they were discussing before, to bring the thoughts to the front of their minds. Unless this mind reading of yours is stronger than that? She asks, considering what Vrishchika had mentioned about waiting until tomorrow. How long do you need to wait? If they leave early in the morning, we may miss them if we wait. The fey considers. The blue tinge in the air around her continues to fade, with only the energy around her coal-bloack eyes remaining in an amount easily visible.

    DM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Did I 'get a reading' with my suffering sense from them before?
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  14. - Top - End - #194
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TinselCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    “That would be much appreciated,” Nala tells Siel. She feels that the curious fey will not to reveal anything more than she is willing to in a discussion. By not reacting emotionally to anything, that will do well to prevent an accidental outburst of something no one wants said. “Vrish, you can decide when we go.” She doesn't want to wait for morning, but wants to leave that decision up to Vrishchika, since she needs to decide on a time when her powers are working optimally. “There are a few things in particular that I’m curious about.” Nala wants to tell both Siel and Vrish these things, so both can be on the lookout for them. “I want to know more about the nature of this big green gem, and the machine that it belongs to. Why the dark elves stole it, and how long ago. What are dark elves, anyway? The explanation that the bugbear gave the orc was… simple. And how powerful is this little group? Not that I’m planning on attacking them,” she assures the others hurriedly, “But I can't gauge the strength of non-humans very well yet.” She can think of other things to say, but these, she decides, are the most important.
    Very awesome avatar by Derjuin.

  15. - Top - End - #195
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    The group of adventurers continues to lazy about: they are clearly taking a day of rest here. There are ample opportunities to approach them. If you want to do so, please go ahead ((there is really not much I can do right now to advance)).
    Avatar by Recaiden

  16. - Top - End - #196
    Orc in the Playground
     
    maestrodesigns's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Tralkor sends Burt into the pond to keep an eye on the travelers. He himself stays near, but out of direct sight. Burt will function as his 'eyes' for the moment.
    Active Characters

  17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Siel:

    Spoiler
    Show

    Sorry, I still owed you this bit. It slipped my mind. I must admit that I am still not entirely sure where you want to go with your 'sense'. If my replies work for you, that's good. If not, let me know how you see your 'sense'.

    Yana, the female goblin. As many a female her woe smells coloured. Red, in her case. It is wide and long and scattered with darker red dots. You interpret this as her having many fears, which is common amongst goblins. She also has a lot of anger, but it is controlled yet easily sparked. You noticed she gets easily annoyed by Borf's stupidity, for example. She is a control freak, a thinker.

    Endar, the male bugbear scout. Many a void surrounded by ink-dark nebulae. This man has no fear, he is a warrior at heart, a brave heart at that. He is more likely to act out of sense and justice than out of anger. However, his mind and judgement is clouded by suspicion and distrust.

    Borf, the orc warrior. Anger in short rapid bursts smelling like intense burning fire. It seems aimed at all that surrounds his aura, with a weird kind of fearlessness. He is not afraid to confront many things, but at the same time it looks as if he fears many other things. Possibly the things he does not understand. Possibly many things...

    The Orc in full-plate: this man has the most mysterious aura. It is actually very similar to that of Tralkor, yet more tranquil. He possesses similar qualities, but perhaps his life has been too good or sheltered to have experienced much fear or anger. Alternatively, this tranquility is typical for beings that have utter confidence and trust in external factors, such as deities a mortal lord.
    Avatar by Recaiden

  18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    DM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's good, but I was thinking more in the area of 'detects suffering' than 'detects general emotions'.

    So I might get a bit of info on their fears, but it's mainly just what makes them suffer (maybe why?), if they're sufferin right now, etc.

    I think this is the first time I'm complaining about my power being too broad in scope. It's not something I expected to do in the past.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  19. - Top - End - #199
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TinselCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Nala put herself in a god position to be able to hear and see while still remaining undetected. She keeps her crossbow out and spear nearby, but doesn’t plan on using them. She just waits to see how the first encounter will go.
    Very awesome avatar by Derjuin.

  20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Siel quietly moves away from her comrades, hoping to keep the chances of them being discovered as low as possible, before kneeling in the brush for a moment. There she works the energy stored within her, chiefly that released from Froad's grief, until it comes to the surface of her form. There she imbues it with color, specific tones and covers herself with it. The fey's normally coal-black eyes transform, becoming white with dark green pupils and normal sized irises. Similarly, her hair turns light green, the color sweeping from her scalp down.

    Content with the layer of sadness covering her, Siel stands up, brushes her hair back and makes her way towards the clearing, making absolutely no effort to contain the noise of her advance. As she came into view, the fey brings a smile into her face, a spring into her step and no longer looks like a being of suffering. Pushing through the last few bushes, she half-skips towards the camp, coming to a stop just before whichever member of the group is closest to her and greeting them with a wave and an ecstatic Dia dia!

    Orcish:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hi hi! (shortened version of hello, in this case)


    DM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff? (1d20+12)[29]
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Siel/All:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am assuming that the transformation you described was just fluff concerning how for example your mood alters your appearance, or did you actually cast a spell?

    And, you are using Fey language, right? Since using different real-life languages IC is/might become a trend, it would be handy to note the language you are IC using. Else I fear at some point I will get horribly confused :).


    The adventuring group is idling near the water as you come out of the bushes. The robed goblin lady looks up shortly, glances without interest and continues to read. Then, she slowly lifts her head again and peers at you intently. The bugbear glares and looks as if he is snarling, albeit soundless, a bit at you. The orc in full plate smiles warmly at you: "Hello there". Borf, the orc warrior, sits up and gives you an innocent and disarming smile. "Hello...Dia dia, pretty fey" He turns around and asks softly: "Is that a fey, huh? What is dia dia?"

    It seems you are safe around them, though perhaps it is best to be cautious around the bugbear.
    Last edited by Autopsibiofeeder; 2011-12-21 at 03:04 PM.
    Avatar by Recaiden

  22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Taking notice of the varying reactions of the group, Siel tilts her head to the side. While her mentor and her instinctual knowledge had impressed upon her the importance of caution, fear itself was an emotion alien to the fey, apart from when it was mixed into the pain of others. As such, rather than being gripped by powerful tension and being on her metaphorical toes, Siel easily slips into the role of carefree curious fey creature - after all, it is partially what she is.

    I haven't seen a group like yours here before! Are you going to be staying long? Siel asks, giggling slightly as she speaks. The fey is surprised, herself, by how easily this comes to her. Of course, her performance is enhanced by her truly being curious as to the nature of the group's visit. It was quite the unusual collection of beings that had come here, in only a few weeks...
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    "Nooo...we have to leave soon. We are on a mission" As borf pronounces his last word, he puts his finger on his lips and winks. "Borf...we discussed this. Stuff it". The other orc looks at you friendly and sais: "No, we will be leaving soon."

    Vrishchika starts her mind reading from hiding and asks those around her who they feel is the best target for the magic.

    All:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am stepping in a bit for Derjuin here, but I am trying to drag it a bit and am trying to leave the executive side on the plate of the party :)
    Avatar by Recaiden

  24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Siel's smile droops slightly as the orc says that they won't be staying long. You said a mission? What kind of mission? Is it important? She asks, shifting her weight again. I heard there are going to be buildings here soon - do you come from places with buildings? They say they make them from wood and people can stay there. Why do they want to come, though? Isn't it so nice here already? The fey continues, allowing her genuine ignorance on the topics of construction and the precise motives for doing so to improve her performance.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  25. - Top - End - #205
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TinselCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    In answer to Vrishchika’s question Nala answers in a very quiet voice, “The orc in full plate.” He seems fairly intelligent, knowledgeable and a little friendlier than the other two. She hopes that Siel noticed the look that the robed goblin had given her. Hopefully she didn’t see through the disguise. Nala watches tensely, waiting for the orc’s reply.
    Very awesome avatar by Derjuin.

  26. - Top - End - #206
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Vrishchika nods at Nala as she starts focusing her magic and glares at the others, to see whether they have opinions. "Hmm, I would aim for the feeble-minded" is Froad's short contribution.

    Borf looks disappointed. "Hmpf...I am not in the current position of authoriti....zation to give information." He eyes the others: Did I do well?

    "Buildings? Who told you that?" The orc tilts his head a bit as he gauges Siel. "We are not in the know of urban planning, I am afraid. In general, though, our kind prefers to sleep under the protection of roofs and walls, sheltering us and giving us comfort. Our ties with nature are not so strong."

    The bugbear looks at Siel with above-average suspicion, but keeps quiet.

    DM roll
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+9)[16]
    Avatar by Recaiden

  27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Siel frowns slighty again, but her smile returns when the orc asks her about the construction plans. After a moment it grows into a mischievous grin. Another fey told me. I could tell you who, and some more, but I'd want something in return. The fey shifts her weight from one side to the other as she speaks. At least tell me your names, so I know who I'm talking to. Siel asks and, after a moment, performs an elaborate maneuver something like a fusion of bow and curtsy. I'm Siel, if you're curious. Siel Vartas.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    The orc points at the other orc and sais: "that man is named Borf, and I am called Amders." Two swift glares from the others follow and he continues: "my friends prefer not to let strangers know their names. Safer in a world full of evil and magic."

    "So, Siel, you fey-kind are in contact with local mankind, hm? I did not know that."


    Vrishchika:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As your detect thoughts kicks in, you notice that besides the people you have seen and met there are quite a few intelligent creatures here. Quite likely all fey. Many of them are less than tiny: you even see a butterfly flapping by that clearly registers as fairly intelligent. You notice at least three 'extra' intelligent creatures in the few seconds and the small area you are investigating.
    Avatar by Recaiden

  29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Well, only sort of. Siel admits with a shrug. Someone here went to some meeting. They said something about finding important things in the south and that more caravans would come. The buildings are there for the caravan people, I guess. Are you going to the south, too? Are you looking for these important things they found? The fey asks, her tone changing to an excited mixture of discovery and curiosity as she asks them about their destination.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Amders thinks for a moment, while the other travelers watch your conversation in silence but you can see that Borf is actually dying to enter the conversation and share his knowledge, which he is apparently not allowed to do. "I don't know much about the caravan business here. But I can see how that concerns your kind. I guess you bump into caravans often here?"

    "Well, we are heading south, but not to look for whatever the caravans are trading in. We are on a mission that was issued directly by the Orc government. I can't tell you more than that, I am afraid. It is a secret mission."


    At that point Yana, the robed goblin, chips in. "I don't know much about economics, but I believe the trade route from the south here provides mostly in gems, dug up in the jungle mountains. Some rare metals as well, I presume...gold, platinum. It is of relative low value to the barbarian tribes living there, but holds great value in our society. This makes the trading economically beneficial to both parties."

    Vrishchika:
    Spoiler
    Show
    At this point you notice first that you are fortunate enough to be surrounded by smart team-mates. Not by far as smart as you, but still. All three are of above average intelligence. Surprisingly, the warrior Nala and the ogre Tralkor have the mental fexibility needed to become a wizard. An average, yet decent one.

    Borf is probably a crossbreed between someone that's fairly dumb and someone that's fairly stupid (Int 6). Amders, the other orc, is about as smart as Siel (Int 12). The bugbear is about as smart as your warrior and ogre friends (Int 14). Yana, the goblin is as smart as normal humanoids come (Int 18). Seeing how she is robed and permanently fixed on her scripts, she is at least a scholar but could even be a wizard. These are very much above average people. More and more you get the feeling that this group might at least be a match to your group.

    Froad, who stands beside you would make a formidable wizard (Int 17).
    Avatar by Recaiden

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •