Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 578

Thread: Gai-len [IC]

  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Siel shakes her head. Well, not that often, actually, so I don't really understand why they need those building things here. I guess more are going to be coming through now. The fey considers. At the mention of the mission being secret she frowns. Always so many secrets. The ones who came before had secrets, too, and they always talked about finding this orb they needed. Siel's tone is filled with exhasperation. But enough of secrets...You said gold, and platinum. What are those? I hear they're shiny metals, but why are they dug out of the ground and then brought way up to the north? She asks, changing the subject as her disappointment fades and turns to further curiosity.

    DM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Another Bluff, maybe, for that specific lie?
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  2. - Top - End - #212
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Siel:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, please.
    Avatar by Recaiden

  3. - Top - End - #213
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TinselCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Nala sits and watches, biting her lip with the tension of listening. She wants to be able to do something, but knows that any circumstance in which she needs to be doing something means that their plan has been ruined. So she waits.
    Very awesome avatar by Derjuin.

  4. - Top - End - #214
    Orc in the Playground
     
    maestrodesigns's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Tralkor remains quiet and hidden as well, relying on Burt's senses to alarm him if anything goes awry. The past few years of attuning himself with the Ancestors had taught him to appreciate patience as a virtue. He would know if and when he'd be needed.
    Active Characters

  5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    DM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Here's my bluff, then.

    (1d20+12)[29]
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Amders, the orc looks at Siel with a small frown, sunken in thoughts. The bugbear, Endar's eyes dart about, seemingly slightly panicked. Borf gasps in excitement and blurts out an "Oeh!" while he raises his finger before he realizes he needs to shut up. Yana looks at Siel in a very composed manner and sais: "They are dug up and brought north because of their value. The metals are used as a currency and can be traded for many things. Moreover, metals and gems can be fashioned into jewelry...like necklaces. Most are to make people prettier, but some can be magically enhanced and help its wearer in many ways." Her gaze then becomes more stern and she waves towards you with her right hand. "But who are we kidding here? Looking at you, you are very much aware of enchanted items and materials, not? Please don't tell me you don't know about the value of gems." Yana carries on reading her piece of parchment.

    Highly focused, Vrishchika mumbles: "I am in his mind...the orc with the full-plate. He is buying Siel's story."

    Vrishchika:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Based on Nala's advice, you target Amders, the orc, with your detect thoughts (I know you can target all of them, but I prefer to rule you read one person at a time, otherwise it becomes a mess: both in the thread as in Vrishchika's head). You can switch at any moment, let me know and I will roll a new save.

    Amders has a strong will, but it appears you have pierced it. As siel talks of the orb, he thinks: No way...could she be talking of the same orb we are after. That we are not the only one after it? But why? A guild?...merchants?...terrorists? We must hurry!


    DM rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show

    WS(1d20)[11]
    SM(1d20)[15]
    Last edited by Autopsibiofeeder; 2012-01-09 at 04:57 PM.
    Avatar by Recaiden

  7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Siel nods as the goblin explains the value of gold and platinum. As she mentiones enhancement via magic, she smiles. Ah, I see now. So, your people can 'enhance' things with magic? I was wondering if there were mortals who could do that like the fey. Is that magically enhanced? And that? How about...that? The fey asks, pointing first to Amders' armor, then the parchment and finally Borf's axe, giving the orc a wink as she does so, her finger making a slow twirl as she goes from pointing to the goblin's parchment to his weapon.

    While she was curious about the goblin, Siel was more curious about whatever is was Bort had to say. He didn't seem to be a very secretive orc, and probably very much enjoyed explaining things he knew.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Borf nods slightly, yet enthousiastically at you, Siel. At the same time his expression emanates disappointment, as he is not permitted to speak right now. "Hmpf...you have no idea..." Yana mumbles as Amders takes over again: "So...these people talking about that orb, were those orcs as well? Or ehh, do other people come here to speak about orbs...?" He smiles with some doubt on his face, not entirely happy with the way he phrased things.

    Vrishchicka:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your second advised target is someone feeble of mind. Borf is the obvious candidate, but given the conversation you witnessed a while ago he does not know more than you do right now. Yana is 'in the know' but currently not very engaged, so you aim for the bugbear. He does not manage to resist the spell and you get the following thoughts:

    Amders: Crap...think before you speak...

    Endar: "I don't trust her. She knows something....Why? What could have tipped her off? Who could have sent her? Did we say something she might have overheard?"


    DM rolls and whatnot:
    Spoiler
    Show
    WS(1d20)[4]
    I(1d20)[16]
    Last edited by Autopsibiofeeder; 2012-01-11 at 05:33 PM.
    Avatar by Recaiden

  9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Siel looks at Amders for a moment before smiling mischeviously. It's clear that she's enjoying being the one 'in the know' now.

    It's a secret, I can't tell you~ The fey says in a singsong tone. Maybe we can make a deal? You tell me yours, I'll tell you mine? She asks, her smile turning into a simply friendly one. C'mon, don't be a spoilsport. Besides, this mission is important, right? If you tell me, it won't matter because I won't tell anyone else, but if you don't know about these other people your mission might not work out. It'd be a shame if someone else got the orb first...
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    I don't get it...what makes you think our mission has anything to do with that, uhh...orb? I don't see how they are related." While Amders adresses you, the bugbear gets increasingly nervous.

    DM rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[7]
    Last edited by Autopsibiofeeder; 2012-01-12 at 04:39 PM.
    Avatar by Recaiden

  11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Siel considers the armored orc for a moment before frowning. I thought it did, but I guess it doesn't. Oh, well, secrets are secrets. She says, clearly disappointed. The whole thing about the secret entrance near whatever 'the mine' is probably isn't important. The fey says, turning to go. I guess I'll talk to you all later, then. She says.
    Last edited by PersonMan; 2012-01-13 at 09:25 AM.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    “No, wait!“ Amders smiles at you and you notice that all the others regard Amders intently, curious to what he is up to. “Allright…I will tell you where we are going, if you tell me who, what kind of beings, you saw or heard talking about this orb”. If you turn again and re-engage him, he smiles his most friendly smile at you and says: “Ladies first, though.”
    Avatar by Recaiden

  13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Vrishchika:
    Spoiler
    Show

    You also manage to penetrate Yana's mind at this point.

    Amders: Can't let this happen...if there's someone else after the orb, we have to know it.

    Endar: What is he up to...is he going to blow our mission....idiot!

    Yana: I wonder...if fire comes in a ball and lightning in a line, it should be possible to create a line of fire. What if I....huh? What the hell is he up to?
    (1d20+5)[13]
    Last edited by Autopsibiofeeder; 2012-01-15 at 12:07 PM.
    Avatar by Recaiden

  14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Siel turns back to the orc with a smile, a spring once more in her step. Well, She begins, I didn't get a good look at them, but it sounded like there were two goblins, an ogre and a weird-sounding orc. There was also another voice, with a funky accent. They always complained about how bright it was. As the fey describes the group, she shrugs. Now then, where are you all going to be going? She asks, curiosity filling her tone and expression.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    "Right. Hmm, we are heading south, to solve a crime: something has been stolen and it needs to be retrieved." Amders continues: "Butehh...these people, did they wear any specific uniform...a banner, did they mention an organization, or a boss? You see, if they belong to a criminal organization I know, we had better contact the authorities..."

    Siel:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Would you mind rolling a bluff check for the last bit?


    DMroll:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[9]
    Avatar by Recaiden

  16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    DM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sure.

    (1d20+12)[28]


    Siel nods. Interesting. What kind of thing was stolen? She asks. I don't think they had any sort of uniform, but I couldn't get a good look at them, they seemed to be in a hurry to get where they wanted to go before someone else.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  17. - Top - End - #227
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    "Well, it is hard to say...it""STOP. this. right. now." Yana looks at you, Siel, while she glares angrily at Amders from the corner of her eye. "Enough of this. Lady, I don't know who you are, or what you want, but we are on a classified mission and this exchange of information is over." She coughs and wipes something from her robe, it seems. "I am sorry about that. Have a nice day."

    Amders opens his mouth as if he wants to say something but decides not to, looking at both you and Yana in turns.

    Vrishchika:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Amders: "Crap!"
    Endar: "Good!"
    Yana: "Dude!"
    Last edited by Autopsibiofeeder; 2012-01-16 at 08:56 AM.
    Avatar by Recaiden

  18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Siel frowns. Well, alright then, if you're going to be like that about it, go ahead. The fey says, turning and walking back into the thicker foliage of the oasis, making sure to go away from her comrades and be out of sight before looping back around to rejoin them. So, what did we figure out? She asks Vrishchika.
    Last edited by PersonMan; 2012-01-16 at 01:43 PM.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    All:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am going to give Vrishchika some time to respond. Perhaps Derjuin is reading and feels like jumping in here. If not, I will answer for her (and send out a pm).


    As you walk back, Siel, you hear the adventurers talking. Snide comments are answered with apologies. However, they hush their voices because you are still near, and you don't get the details.

    Vrishchika:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yana's mind is full of indignity towards Amders' stupidity. Endar's mind is racing about where this conversation came from. Had Siel overheard them, was she an agent of an unknown force trying to destroy their mission?

    Amders' mind is more useful. Apparently he is ignoring the contents of Yana's lecturing, while he quickly sums up the implications of recent events:

    "Man, this is not ok. If the other group gets to the gem before we do, we are screwed. No reward. But also, the whole venture here in the desert is going to fail. No gem, no machine, no transport of goods through the desert. I bet the builder's contracts have already been signed....how many ogres and goblins does it take to build a dozen Oas-inns? That is going to cost...the boss will be pissed, not to mention the governmental council. So much for promotion to high priest...but this is not about me. The greater glory of the Orc Nation is. We have to act now. Stop yapping, woman, we need to go!"
    Avatar by Recaiden

  20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Derjuin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Land of Maps and Treasure
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Vrishchika

    Forcing herself to keep quiet, Vrishchika quickly and eagerly reveals as much of what she gleaned from the other group's minds as she can. "Well, a few things. They are traveling to find a gem to power one of those transportation things, and it seemed like most of them bought your story. At least one of them...Amders, was it? Believes they are not the only ones looking for it, which I guess is sort of true! Apparently there is a lot riding on this gem, from governmental affairs to corporate interest to personal gain. Amders' mind was like an open book, and he pretty much spilled the beans. All of the beans." She chuckles quietly, apparently amused by her own joke.

    "Should we find this gem first and manage to steal it away, we'll cause quite an upset within the Orcish nation, or at least a part of it. The 'oas-inns' require the machine to transport goods, and there is a good chance the contractors have already signed and paid for their construction. We would waste their time, money, and effort just in that venture alone. Apparently their government is involved in this as well, and possibly a religious sect - Amders mentioned a promotion to High Priest. I am unsure whether or not this would be a good thing for the oases and the fey here, but it would definitely halt their progress in constructing the 'oas-inns'." She ponders the situation, trying to weigh outcomes and extrapolate the future, but gives up. She just doesn't know enough about the political climate to guess.

    "However," she glances back in the direction of the other party before continuing. "Endar - the bugbear guy - seemed extremely suspicious. He may think someone sent you to spy on them or obstruct their mission." Under her breath, she comments that she likes the way Yana was thinking, and wonders if a line of fire is possible.
    Last edited by Derjuin; 2012-01-18 at 05:57 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #231
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TinselCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Nala listens closely to what Vrishchika says. This mind-reading ability is incredibly useful. I'm glad we're on the same side. The idea of having her thoughts read makes her more than a little uncomfortable, but she doubts that Vrish would spend her free time rifling through her thoughts.

    What she hears makes her feel a slight amount of relief. From the sound of it, this gem is an important part of the construction process, and when there is one important factor rather than many, plans become that much easier to disrupt. She had no idea that so much is riding on this gem. If they can get their hands on it, she definitely wants to know more about what makes it so powerful, and what kind of potential it has. Maybe if she could see one of those machines, she could figure out how it works…but she puts that thought aside. Acquisition and safety before study.

    Unfortunately, she thinks before making her reply, if this party suspects that they’re going to have to race for the gem, it’ll be a fight for her and her own party. Maybe Froad will be willing to let us use the portals for a shortcut again, once he hears how it can help the oases.

    "Let’s back off," Nala whispers, "Find somewhere safe and hide until they leave. Then we’ll get Froad to let us hop over to the closest oasis and snag it before them. Should be our best bet to disrupt these ‘oas-inns’. But first, let's let them move on without seeing us or having any reason to worry."
    Very awesome avatar by Derjuin.

  22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    "Ahem." Nala, as you look next to you, you notice the little Froad coughing. Apparently you were so consumed by the events that you forgot he was actually with you all the time. "Yes, let us seek a safer haven, there will be fey looking out and informing us if things happen." By the look on his face it seems he does not mind you talking as if he was not there.

    "And, yes, that is a smart plan, Nala. I might be able to let you use the portals again. Might, mind you." Froad looks way up towards to Tralkor. "You brew potions, not? Magical potions?" Froad rubs his chin. "Have you worked with Forthroot before? Do you think you can work it so that, if combined with palm heart and a spider's web, it does not fizzle and bubble?"

    "If so, then maybe I have an old recipe lying around. Hasn't been used in ages. 'Twas used by our ancestors...I think a gift from a dragon."
    He looks up again. "You can read Draconic, I hope? Ahh...else I'll help you. I think I might be needed to perform magic in the ritual anyway. I don't know" He starts pacing enthousiastically away from the lake. "Come on!"

    Tralkor:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, of course you can. Well, you read about it once, for sure...You need to slice it. Not too thick and not too thin. Crushing or tearing it causes the bubbles, cutting it in cubes makes the fizzle.
    Last edited by Autopsibiofeeder; 2012-01-19 at 05:20 PM.
    Avatar by Recaiden

  23. - Top - End - #233
    Orc in the Playground
     
    maestrodesigns's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Tralkor was quietly awaiting the other's conclusions, sitting somewhat aside, minding his own business. This wasn't up to him to decide anyhow.
    His eyes and face made clear that he was definitely interested in the outcome of it all.
    He didn't really understand all the fuzz over some gem, but perhaps it was some ancient heirloom or something... Who knows.

    Froad's questions surprise him somewhat. He'd never thought them fey were trained in the ancient arts of herbalism and brewing. He always thought of them as somewhat more 'pure' users of magic, but then again, he didn't really know where his ancestors picked up the art of infusing magics into the herbal brews. Might very well be something learned from fey or other magical creatures.
    While his thought drift off somewhat, he realizes that Froad was still talking to him and was probably expecting an answer. While following him away from the lake, he stumbles over an answer:
    "Ehm yes. Brews... Potions. Most definitely! Dunno about that fizzling though... So what was that again about a Dragon? It doesn't need any of their parts I hope?"
    Active Characters

  24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    After a little while Froad stops treading and turns around. He looks at each of you and speaks: "Oh...sorry. I am ahead of events. I was assuming...well, I shouldn't. Sorry. Would you guys mind? Going there and grab the gem before they do? Of course, you don't have to..." He smiles and looks again at you all. His apologetic posture changes and he looks at you with what is best described as with 'puppy eyes'.
    Avatar by Recaiden

  25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Derjuin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Land of Maps and Treasure
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Vrishchika nods to Froad, and assumes as stoic a pose as she can manage, even flipping her veritable mane of hair back. "We'll get the gem. You can bet on it," she says. "Though as Nala said, it would be a lot easier if we could use the portals. I'm actually curious as to what would cause us to be unable to use them," she gives Froad an inquisitive look.

  26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Froad nods. "Yes, yes, I can. Or...I think our friend Tralkor can. Yes, I think he can." He darts further to his 'private space' -it is not far- and starts rummaging between some Ironspine bushes. It takes him a minute, but then he retrieves a scroll. "Here, Tralkor, can you work with this?" He quickly hands the scroll over and continues searching. You hear a muffled voice: "There is this script. It is really old....it tells us why non-fey can not use the portals. But it is so old....we do not speak the language anymore. I have no clue what it says. All we no know is that it is really dangerous. Here! No...that is the eagle-tea recipe. That is what we remember, what tradition tells us. Don't do it more than once, unless you can brew the brew. Dangerous... Hmmm....here! Yes!"

    Froad looks up and hands Vrischika a piece of parchment. It contains scripts in a language most of you do not know, though the symbols are somewhat familiar. "Can you read this?"

    Tralkor:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It seems like a straightforward recipe. It is written in Draconic, which is no problem for you. If Froad knows where to find the correct herbs here, you can pull it off. There is just one problem: it requires the blood of a friendly Fey...quite a lot of it. One third of a pint per dose. That's almost 1.5 litres for the whole team. That would leave Froad, for example, almost lethally ill...


    Vrishchika:
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is where other players tend to peak into the spoilers and where I say it might be better if you stop reading now if you are not Vrishchika. Of course, you are metagame-resistant and whatnot, but seriously. It would be nice if you'd stop reading now. I am writing this only because I am the type of guy that has a peek, out of curiosity. That is okay with me, but do me a favour and resist for once .



    No really.




    The script is in elven...well, sort of. It is an extremely archaic form of elven and has, much to your surprise, quite some aspects, both in symbols as in grammar, of infernal. Therefore, it reads funny, but this is what you make of it:

    This is to the portals our gift on the nature dwellers. Because we share our fate, destination, to dwell on both axes of the spine. For the travel is the go on the protection of what is precious. We care, and you. Nature shares our state of mind. Torn between the wicked and the willing. It is the fact that only you use it. Others of nature can not, lest they transform. Their fate is the being of nature-dweller. There is the exception: A drink. The recipe was shared with those that share our fate: those on four legs that fly and are the torn between the spine. Them that will deserve might be allowed the usage. Those that use the portal without the taking of the drink will become one of you: nature-dwellers. For the remember: not too many can there be of you, so do not allow those that are not torn between the spines access to the portals more than once. For we, you, nature and the wise flyers are of one blood, and such should stay pure.
    Avatar by Recaiden

  27. - Top - End - #237
    Orc in the Playground
     
    maestrodesigns's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Tralkor accepts the recipe and reads it carefully. He mumbles in some kind of strange tongue. After a while he looks up at the rest with a smile and shrugs.
    "Sure. Should be quite doable. I'm gonna need some time though."
    He turns to Froad and his face turns serious. "I'm going to need your help though. And... Ehm... I ... Ehm. Yeh. You ain't going to like what I'm going to ask of you. Please meet me after you are done here."
    He turns around and walks away, mumbling in the strange language once more. His mind clearly in some other place.
    Last edited by maestrodesigns; 2012-01-21 at 03:10 PM.
    Active Characters

  28. - Top - End - #238
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TinselCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Nala follows them and watches the back and forth quietly. She doesn’t like the sound of this recipe and ritual. Anything old and not well understood is a significant risk to take. Froad’s comment of ‘really dangerous’ did not escape her notice, and Nala catches Tralkor’s serious expression and frowns as he walks away. But they had already gone through the portal once. Were they just lucky? Or was there something else going on that she did not understand? All this heightens her sense of alarm. “Vrish,” she says slowly, with a wary tone in her voice, “What does it say?”
    Very awesome avatar by Derjuin.

  29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Derjuin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Land of Maps and Treasure
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Scratching her head and looking at the parchment, she tries to make heads or tails of the script. She turns it over a few times, muttering some of the phrases that make decidedly less sense to her. Metaphors in the original language, probably... "Yeah, sort of," she says to Froad, then turns to Nala. "It, uh...I think it says only demons and fey are supposed to use the portals a lot. Once is okay, but if someone who isn't a demon or a fey uses it more than once, they...get turned into a thing of nature? I'm not quite sure what it means by that, but I have a feeling some those intelligent butterflies I saw earlier may have been, uh, not-butterflies in the past..." Her face contorts a bit, trying to imagine life as an intelligent insect.

    "There's something about a 'drink' in here, too. It doesn't say what the drink does besides let us pass through without transforming, but I'd assume that's the recipe for the potion?" She turns her head toward Froad, looking for any signs that she might be right about it.
    Last edited by Derjuin; 2012-01-24 at 02:34 AM.

  30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Autopsibiofeeder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bern, CH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gai-len [IC]

    Froad looks at you with minor amazement. "I honestly don't know about the butterflies." He turns his head around to have a look at the surroundings, as if he is looking for signs of intelligent insects. "But the drink, potion, part makes sense." He looks back at you and pulls a face: 'don't you think?' . "I mean, I gave you the scroll because I can not read it."
    Avatar by Recaiden

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •