New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 49 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Darths And Droids 2: Should've Gone to Naboo

Quote Originally Posted by Yana View Post
    Sadly, the majority of the world has not and probably will not ever read the novelization. GL's explanation is the only "canonical"'one for them, terrible and unsatisfying though that may be.
    In the old days, they would list "heartbreak" as a cause of death. I kinda like it that way.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    I wonder if in Star Trek Birth is given by simple transporting the baby out of the womb....
    They can do it, as seen in voyager, but apparently it's a method of last resort.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

3. - Top - End - #483
    Troll in the Playground

Right.

Maybe NOW we can start on the next movie. But probably not. Let's call it about 3 more wrap up strips?

You'd think Jim would have some decent last words. It's not like he hasn't done this before, after all. Heh.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

4. - Top - End - #484
    Colossus in the Playground

I dunno, we still have to setup where the children go, and maybe find out about anakin. Im waffling on that. The dm may keep that part secret for the big reveal in part 5.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

5. - Top - End - #485

Quote Originally Posted by Yana View Post
    Sadly, the majority of the world has not and probably will not ever read the novelization. GL's explanation is the only "canonical"'one for them, terrible and unsatisfying though that may be.
    It wasn't the novelization of the movie- but a novel, set immediately after the movie (Coruscant Knights part I) where Captain Typho (who's always been a little in love with Padme) starts investigating her death. Though he's not the main character of the novel.

From the Wookieepedia Padme Amidala page:

Additionally in 18 BBY, Amidala's head of security during her time as Senator of the Chommell sector, Gregar Typho, secretly began an investigation into her death, as while he served under her, he had developed an unrequited love for her. Typho later discovered that Amidala had died due to strangulation, a fact that had initially been missed due to the fact that there were no exterior signs of trauma of any kind (including but not limited to bruising on the neck, scratches, and/or signs of congestion on the neck). Multiple, more in-depth autopsies later all revealed and concluded that Amidala had indeed died of strangulation, and despite the fact that there were no external injuries to conclude this, there were internal ones, such as a fractured hyoid bone, damage to the larynx, and compression of the trachea. Typho soon discovered that Darth Vader was somehow involved in the death of his beloved, and after luring the Dark Lord of the Sith to an abandoned location, with the bait of Jedi Knight Jax Pavan, so as to avenge the senator, Typho himself died at the hands of Amidala's former love and killer.
    Last edited by hamishspence; 2011-10-25 at 07:27 AM.
    Marut-2 Avatar by Serpentine
    New Marut Avatar by Linkele

6. - Top - End - #486

Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    It wasn't the novelization of the movie- but a novel, set immediately after the movie (Coruscant Knights part I) where Captain Typho (who's always been a little in love with Padme) starts investigating her death. Though he's not the main character of the novel.
    They don't do autopsies on major political figures who die under questionable circumstances?

EDIT: Wait, it looks like they do perform autopsies, but they just don't talk about them?
    Last edited by Mewtarthio; 2011-10-25 at 11:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    They don't do autopsies on major political figures who die under questionable circumstances?

EDIT: Wait, it looks like they do perform autopsies, but they just don't talk about them?
    That is the kind of thing that happens when the guy who did it is second-in-command of the brutal new regime that just took the reigns of power.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ogre in the Playground

They seem to be setting up the next iteration of the game more directly than I had thought they would.
    "And yet, will we ever come to an end of discussion and talk if we think we must always reply to replies? For replies come from those who either cannot understand what is said to them, or are so stubborn and contentious that they refuse to give in even if they do understand." - St. Augustine

The Index of the Giant's Comments | Thanks, Bradakhan, for the avatar!

9. - Top - End - #489

From the Wookieepedia Padme Amidala page:
    Again, the number of people who read Star Wars novels is vanishingly small. I have read exactly 0, and expect that number to hold steady for the next 20 years. Whether it was the novelization of the movie or a novel set immediately thereafter does not really matter. What matters is that the Great and Terrible Lucas managed to make bank on dreck.

I expect three more strips before the movie ends. Probably with some amount of angst at the funeral.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

10. - Top - End - #490

The thing is here, that I cant really think of a way to end the campaign from here in a suitable way. I mean, jim dies, annie is presumed dead, yoda is going to run off to a swamp, and ben is going into hiding. Oh yeah, and pete is being sent off to a noble and is getting memory wiped. What the hell kind of climatic ending is that?!

DM: "And then everything just kind of trails off into oblivion. The End"

Players: "Wait, so there is no conclusion?"

DM: "Well, no. But if you like I can start up a new game you can play thats set 20 years from the end of this story. Jim, annie, and sally might want to roll up new characters, but I think ben and pete's characters can still be alive and kicking. I mean, he was fairly young and pete plays a robot. "

Sally: "I want to play a wookie this time! Ill be Chewbaka!"

Jim: "Hmm, I think it might be interesting to play my old characters child, ill be luke"

Annie: /passes the dm a note "Ok, I guess ill play as the daughter."

Pete: "Woah woah woah. I just saw that, you passed the dm a note! Last time you did that you ended up playing a power mad paranoid evil bastard! My robot is grouped with her to start! I want some of the action this time."

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

11. - Top - End - #491
    Troll in the Playground

As far as I remember, R2's memory never got wiped after all. That means he was the only one in the whole original series that actually knew what was going on.

'Course, how that will translate into the comic is anyone's guess.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

12. - Top - End - #492
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    As far as I remember, R2's memory never got wiped after all. That means he was the only one in the whole original series that actually knew what was going on.

'Course, how that will translate into the comic is anyone's guess.
    Is that from the novels? Because I'm pretty sure there was an order to wipe both droids. Why wouldn't they wipe him? Because he doesn't speak human? Seems like a poor idea given he can communicate otherwise.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Troll in the Playground

Is that from the novels? Because I'm pretty sure there was an order to wipe both droids. Why wouldn't they wipe him? Because he doesn't speak human? Seems like a poor idea given he can communicate otherwise.
    I dunno, man. I just read it somewhere. I've never read the novels.

Oh wait, here we go. Wikipedia mentions it. No references though.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Troll in the Playground

In Ep3, only 3po gets an ordered mind wipe. r2 finds this funny.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ettin in the Playground

I think that it might come up in the comic, since it makes sense that Pete would refuse something like that.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Troll in the Playground

And now I want to play space pool. Whatever that is.

OK seriously, these guys are just dragging the finale out now. I'm tempted just to stop reading for like 3 weeks and come back for the next series. Yawn.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    And now I want to play space pool. Whatever that is.

OK seriously, these guys are just dragging the finale out now. I'm tempted just to stop reading for like 3 weeks and come back for the next series. Yawn.
    Well, in their defense, this film is a difficult one to end, as Traab noted above. That and the movie kinda takes longer than others to end.
    "And yet, will we ever come to an end of discussion and talk if we think we must always reply to replies? For replies come from those who either cannot understand what is said to them, or are so stubborn and contentious that they refuse to give in even if they do understand." - St. Augustine

18. - Top - End - #498
    Pixie in the Playground

Indeed, there are a lot of scenes after the climax of the film. We're impatient to get it completed too, but we have significant bits of story to tell with those scenes.

19. - Top - End - #499

I'm not sure why anyone expected a quick wrapup with a session end after the climatic fight.

We've never had a session cut off at only 2-3 comics, so I expected this wrap up to last at least a few weeks.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ogre in the Playground

Plus it gives us more time to speculate on who will be playing who in the next episode!

Maybe the DM will play and Annie'll DM, so she still gets to play Anakin.

21. - Top - End - #501

A possibility is that annie wont play as darth vader until the big reveal in episode 5. Frankly, there are so many ways this COULD go that I cant even guess. I mean, remember that this game does not follow the events of the actual movies except in the loosest sense. He might never even GET the name darth vader. (I cant recall if he got the name yet in the game)

22. - Top - End - #502
    Bugbear in the Playground

Be patient, there's so much left to tell in this last part of the film. Looking forward to the next one.

23. - Top - End - #503
    Titan in the Playground

Well, now we know the truth... Leia's blaster is a +5/+5 family heirloom which explains how it is so much more sueful than any other not-light saber in the show.

Also, why is our GM talking so casually in that one bubble at least?

24. - Top - End - #504
    Titan in the Playground

Also, why is our GM talking so casually in that one bubble at least?
    It's not Lucas (I have named the GM Lucas!), it's the NPC.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

25. - Top - End - #505
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    It's not Lucas (I have named the GM Lucas!), it's the NPC.
    Yeah, I realized so later... I didn't notice he spoke with this.. what should I call it... street slang earlier and was a bit surprised.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I think the Darth Vader = Anakin deal won't be revealed until Episode V. In the movie, Darth Sidious gave Anakin his Sith title immediately after he killed Mace Windu. In the comic, the name Darth Vader did not come up yet. I think Palpatine will save Anakin, but the PCs won't be able to see his new appearance. The comics will still show him getting into the new suit for the readers' benefit, but the DM will just handwave the whole thing and say, "Palpatine shows up and managed to save Anakin right before he burns to death." When Darth Vader shows up in Episode IV, no one will know his identity until the revelation in Episode V.

Does "give her my blaster" mean Jim will be playing as Leia in Episode IV?

In the novels, "depression" isn't the main cause of Padme's death- unrecognized damage was, from Anakin's Force Choke.
    I'm not sure how well this would work out. Anakin chokes her and she passes out. Obi Wan and Anakin fight each other in a very long fight. Then Obi Wan picks up Padme's body and drops her off, so she can give birth. Death by stangulation usually happens much faster. Even if the Force Choke partially crushed her windpipe, and reduced her airflow over time, she should be gasping for air while she was nearly dying. I doubt someone with a crushed wind pipe has the calmness to name her kids and speak a few dying last words.
    Last edited by random_guy; 2011-10-30 at 02:45 PM.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by random_guy View Post
    I think the Darth Vader = Anakin deal won't be revealed until Episode V. In the movie, Darth Sidious gave Anakin his Sith title immediately after he killed Mace Windu. In the comic, the name Darth Vader did not come up yet. I think Palpatine will save Anakin, but the PCs won't be able to see his new appearance. The comics will still show him getting into the new suit for the readers' benefit, but the DM will just handwave the whole thing and say, "Palpatine shows up and managed to save Anakin right before he burns to death." When Darth Vader shows up in Episode IV, no one will know his identity until the revelation in Episode V.
    It makes more sense to use the Darth Vader birth scene in flashback later, as some sort of big reveal to the players a la Jango and Maul working together. I don't see why they have to show Palpatine save Anakin now at all.

28. - Top - End - #508
    Troll in the Playground

Heh, see, this is more like it. Some dialogue to give some background information.

Plus a speaking corpse, to boot

29. - Top - End - #509
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
    It makes more sense to use the Darth Vader birth scene in flashback later, as some sort of big reveal to the players a la Jango and Maul working together. I don't see why they have to show Palpatine save Anakin now at all.
    That's true. It would also make the big reveal more surprising for the PCs.

Padme is leaving her grappling hook to Luke. I guess that explains why Luke had a grapping hook available to help Leia flee from storm troopers while they were on the Death Star.

30. - Top - End - #510

Quote Originally Posted by random_guy View Post
    That's true. It would also make the big reveal more surprising for the PCs.

Padme is leaving her grappling hook to Luke. I guess that explains why Luke had a grapping hook available to help Leia flee from storm troopers while they were on the Death Star.
    CHEKOV I LOVE YOU! lol