New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Darths And Droids 2: Should've Gone to Naboo

Hu, you know... I didn't really catch it from that angle (well, I did but I dismissed it right away since Ben is about to show up again) but I guess there is a reasonable chance he might actually be dead... Though, my bets are on "doesn't play anymore/is at college/moved away/something like that. Death seems too dark for me.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Colossus in the Playground

Im going with, cant play for some reason. College, work, he moved away, something, its keeping him from getting together with the group as much as he wants.

WAIT! That explains it! Ben will come back to play as obi wan for a bit but cant keep doing it so vadar gets to kill him in a dramatic scene! Something like, "Ok, its the winter holidays from college, so lets play!"
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

3. - Top - End - #813
    Troll in the Playground

College is not an option, since Ben was already studying medicine in previous episodes. At any rate, this strip might be of importance.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    College is not an option, since Ben was already studying medicine in previous episodes. At any rate, this strip might be of importance.
    While that's probably it, he could have transferred out of city or across town.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayngfet View Post
    I don't care what you feel.
    That pretty much sums up the Jayngfet experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    something something Jayngfet experience.

5. - Top - End - #815
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Graduate school/med school, then.

6. - Top - End - #816
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Full on rebel against dad. Went on an "on the road" esque travel across the us as a hobo, hasn't been heard from in over a year.
    Writer, editor. See my works at http://theleakingpen.net

7. - Top - End - #817
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias2207 View Post
    Let's ask DMM, if he's still lurking around here, waiting for a chance to spoil the entire comic for us...
    No spoilers from me.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Troll in the Playground

That still leaves the question of who's going to play Han and Chewtoybacca.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

9. - Top - End - #819
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by leakingpen View Post
    Full on rebel against dad. Went on an "on the road" esque travel across the us as a hobo, hasn't been heard from in over a year.
    Maybe both!

Ben dying seems a little heavy for the comic. Maybe he'll come back and play Lando?

Still kinda wonder that with Leia being on the sidelines for most of Episode IV, if Annie will end up playing Luke or Han...?

10. - Top - End - #820
    Pixie in the Playground

I wouldn't go so far as to say that Leia is 'on the sidelines' in episode IV. She isnt with the rest of the characters, sure, but she has that whole face-off with Vader and no-dont-blow-up-my-planet moments. It seems like there would be plenty for Annie to be doing while the rest of the gang gallivant through Mos Eisley.

As for the most recent comic. My eyes grew to the size of saucers when I read it. Grrrraaaghhhhh DX ! But after the initial "WHAT?!" I decided that there was no way Ben was dead. That just seems way too dark (even if the comics have been getting a progressively more 'serious' feel). I agree with those people who think that it is just Sally being Sally. My money would be on the big blow out with dad / moved (farther?) away from home theory. I just hope that he will still be a regular member of the comic x'D . Basically, I have faith that it is going to turn around and be hilarious in the long run.

BEFORE yesterday's comic my 'crack theory' was that Jim would come in as Luke. My reasoning was that Ben wasnt in the comic yet, and presumably once he got back he would take up as Obi-Wan again, rather than make a new character. Jim said he wanted to make a character with a detailed background, and making his own character's son would certainly qualify (although he may initially miss the whole 'Annie would be playing his sister' bit, after which hilarity would ensue XD ). Han would be the convenient-NPC-with-a-ship until Obi-Wan gotten dusted and Jim took him over. Cause, ya know, humorous mix-ups between IC and OOC x'D . And there is still that little part of me that still ships Ben/Annie from way back in Episode I.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuu, I talked a lot x'D . But I wanted to say that for a while now! Rambling over.

11. - Top - End - #821

My money's on Sally overreacting. Why? Because we know that the DM is about to bring back Ben's old character, then kill him off. If Sally's sensitive about Obi-Wan because her brother is dead, that sort of thing would strike me as callous at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    My money's on Sally overreacting. Why? Because we know that the DM is about to bring back Ben's old character, then kill him off. If Sally's sensitive about Obi-Wan because her brother is dead, that sort of thing would strike me as callous at best.
    You're right. That would be just downright evil.

My extended collection of avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony Tarquin by Dirtytabs

Killer Klown by Ceika

Stroop by Mr Gone

13. - Top - End - #823
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Andraia View Post
    I wouldn't go so far as to say that Leia is 'on the sidelines' in episode IV. She isnt with the rest of the characters, sure, but she has that whole face-off with Vader and no-dont-blow-up-my-planet moments. It seems like there would be plenty for Annie to be doing while the rest of the gang gallivant through Mos Eisley.

As for the most recent comic. My eyes grew to the size of saucers when I read it. Grrrraaaghhhhh DX ! But after the initial "WHAT?!" I decided that there was no way Ben was dead. That just seems way too dark (even if the comics have been getting a progressively more 'serious' feel). I agree with those people who think that it is just Sally being Sally. My money would be on the big blow out with dad / moved (farther?) away from home theory. I just hope that he will still be a regular member of the comic x'D . Basically, I have faith that it is going to turn around and be hilarious in the long run.

BEFORE yesterday's comic my 'crack theory' was that Jim would come in as Luke. My reasoning was that Ben wasnt in the comic yet, and presumably once he got back he would take up as Obi-Wan again, rather than make a new character. Jim said he wanted to make a character with a detailed background, and making his own character's son would certainly qualify (although he may initially miss the whole 'Annie would be playing his sister' bit, after which hilarity would ensue XD ). Han would be the convenient-NPC-with-a-ship until Obi-Wan gotten dusted and Jim took him over. Cause, ya know, humorous mix-ups between IC and OOC x'D . And there is still that little part of me that still ships Ben/Annie from way back in Episode I.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuu, I talked a lot x'D . But I wanted to say that for a while now! Rambling over.
    Too small, didn't couldn't read.

Also, Ben being gone... totally called that a few pages back.
    "And yet, will we ever come to an end of discussion and talk if we think we must always reply to replies? For replies come from those who either cannot understand what is said to them, or are so stubborn and contentious that they refuse to give in even if they do understand." - St. Augustine

The Index of the Giant's Comments | Thanks, Bradakhan, for the avatar!

14. - Top - End - #824
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by dmmaus View Post
    No spoilers from me.
    Awwwwwww nuts.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

15. - Top - End - #825
    Troll in the Playground

And once again Sally comes to the rescue with her expressive naming conventions.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

16. - Top - End - #826
    Troll in the Playground

No, it's possible that he's actually premed in that strip, and has now moved away for med school.

alternately, he could have switched majors to non-med and switched schools.
    Last edited by Jayabalard; 2012-02-16 at 11:55 AM.
    Kungaloosh!

17. - Top - End - #827
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jayabalard View Post
    No, it's possible that he's actually premed in that strip, and has now moved away for med school.

alternately, he could have switched majors to non-med and switched schools.
    Yes and no. At the same time Jim was working on his thesis in geophysics, which he was studying even before the first episode started. This indicates the ending year of a Master program at the time of the linked strip. Big age differences aren't impossible, but not as likely.

Edit: found this strip. Jim was doing his PhD at the time.
    Last edited by Radar; 2012-02-16 at 01:17 PM.

18. - Top - End - #828
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by leakingpen View Post
    Alternately, full on rebel against dad, got disowned, went on a road trip and is currently living as a hobo somewhere in Canberra.

19. - Top - End - #829
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

If Ben is dead, that might make Obi-Wan's death later on somewhat more poignant.
    A father taken by time, a brother dead by my own hand.
    With this work behold my grief, in Stone and shifting sand.

20. - Top - End - #830
    Ogre in the Playground

If Ben is dead, I'll probably stop reading the comic altogether. That just seems like too much.
    "And yet, will we ever come to an end of discussion and talk if we think we must always reply to replies? For replies come from those who either cannot understand what is said to them, or are so stubborn and contentious that they refuse to give in even if they do understand." - St. Augustine

21. - Top - End - #831

Also, if Ben is dead, then "I haven't gone by the name 'Obi-wan'" will be less awesome.

Therefore, Ben is not dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

22. - Top - End - #832
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    Alternately, full on rebel against dad, got disowned, went on a road trip and is currently living as a hobo somewhere in Canberra.
    I have a song for Ben's Hobo Days: The Musical!

Sorry, I've been listening to that a lot lately.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

23. - Top - End - #833
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    And once again Sally comes to the rescue with her expressive naming conventions.

Indeed XD .

DRAMATIS PERSONAE
    Spoiler
    Show
    Katnip: A crossbow wielding gnome rogue, who really should have been a bard.
    Farrel: A pacifist human barbarian with impulse control issues.
    Yvette Pen: A human changeling psion grad student, research assistant, and part time adventurer.
    Thistle: A pixie hexblade who spends more time in combat hiding than helping.
    Cuddles: Thistle's dog, and more useful party member.
    Nyati: A good-aligned goliath rogue. She throws rowboats.
    Ezethyr: A gythyanki swordmage meat shield.

24. - Top - End - #834
    Ogre in the Playground

Andraia, I don't mean to be rude (so don't take this the wrong way) but why are you typing so small? It is the equivalent of mumbling or whispering on the net.

25. - Top - End - #835
    Orc in the Playground

So, Jim will apparently be playing Greedo...guess that will make him 5 for 5 on character deaths. It will be hilarious to see what comes from this!
    The New Soulknife Handbook!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary Pen View Post
    And there I was thinking that Midichlorian counts were a variety of force-sensitive hereditary noble- most notably Dooku.

26. - Top - End - #836
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Battleship789 View Post
    So, Jim will apparently be playing Greedo...guess that will make him 5 for 5 on character deaths. It will be hilarious to see what comes from this!
    And hey, if Annie takes Han over while Leia is out of commission, then there's a perfect reason for Han shooting first - because Greedo couldn't shoot his girlfriend.

27. - Top - End - #837
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
    Andraia, I don't mean to be rude (so don't take this the wrong way) but why are you typing so small? It is the equivalent of mumbling or whispering on the net.
    I'm hard to offend; I don't take it personally xD . Explanation under spoiler tag.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I spend most of my time online on a site called Gaia where the default font size drives me nuts. It feels like reading a children's novel. I've posted on that site in size 10 font -- smaller than default but not actually "small" -- for five or six years now. So I'll say habit.

The small size on this site, in my opinion, is too small. The full size here is actually okay, but now I'm so used to throwing size tags around my posts. (What I need here is a 1.5 xD .) I'm relatively new to this site, so I haven't settled on anything yet. Check my post history, you will see I go back and forth.

No one has ever accused me of mumbling before xD . On every site I have ever been on, font size and color are just considered stylistic, except when used to extremes or for emphasis. So in a post this size this would be mumbling.

Back on topic.

Greedo. YES. I love how the DM just gives up trying to remind them that Greedo Was the name of the kid Anikin killed xD .
    DRAMATIS PERSONAE
    Spoiler
    Show
    Katnip: A crossbow wielding gnome rogue, who really should have been a bard.
    Farrel: A pacifist human barbarian with impulse control issues.
    Yvette Pen: A human changeling psion grad student, research assistant, and part time adventurer.
    Thistle: A pixie hexblade who spends more time in combat hiding than helping.
    Cuddles: Thistle's dog, and more useful party member.
    Nyati: A good-aligned goliath rogue. She throws rowboats.
    Ezethyr: A gythyanki swordmage meat shield.

28. - Top - End - #838
    Troll in the Playground

Greedo scene will be hilarious. Apart from that, I realy wish to know, how went the campaign GMed by Jim.

29. - Top - End - #839
    Colossus in the Playground

Greedo scene will be hilarious. Apart from that, I realy wish to know, how went the campaign GMed by Jim.
    Im sure it was something like a tomb of horrors with an insistence on creating backstories for every character you create that dies 5 rounds later. In other words, he made people come up with complicated characters, then proceeded to 'rocks fall" them at every opportunity, because death rp is his newest skill and he is enjoying the hell out of it.

Its like, when you learn to do a single part of something more complicated, like say, the first time you learn how to create a avatar for your message board account. Suddenly you find yourself cycling through a dozen of them a week because its your newest toy and you want to play with it! Jim had this amazing death scene with annie, and now its "it was great once, ill keep doing it over and over now!" Instead of branching out and learning more about how to rp in other scenarios, he is sticking with what worked. But I bet he is annoying the crap out of everyone else since he keeps killing himself off and having to reroll a new character. And the campaigns he runs are probably nightmares of death and pain. Like when Pete ran that factory dungeon in the second movie, only without the "obvious plan" that had 50 steps to work with.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

30. - Top - End - #840
    Troll in the Playground

The newest strip's comments are especially amusing in light of today's OotS strip, heh.

Also, oh hey, look. The Jawas can talk. At least, we can understand them when they talk.
    Last edited by Feytalist; 2012-02-21 at 09:40 AM.