Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1467
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: Darths And Droids 2: Should've Gone to Naboo

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Simon View Post
    That's 'cos the term originally comes from Kirk/Spock fanfic. I think it can be used generically these days for any pairing for, er, grown-up cuddling.
    It still references 'alternative lifestyle' pairings. It is most often used as a 'warning' in author's summaries so that people not interested in reading that sort of thing know to stay away.

  2. - Top - End - #1022
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Emperordaniel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sochi, Russia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Darths And Droids 2: Should've Gone to Naboo

    Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post
    Yhea... Nevermind. I think taking that bet with you would be a criminal offense.

    Any idea what kind of dare we could bet?
    Loser has to fight a giant sand person?

  3. - Top - End - #1023
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Brother Oni's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cippa's River Meadow
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Darths And Droids 2: Should've Gone to Naboo

    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    It's the internet who cares?
    It's precisely because it's the internet that Cikomyr should be worried.

    The internet: where men are men, women are men and under aged children are FBI agents.

  4. - Top - End - #1024
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Montreal
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Darths And Droids 2: Should've Gone to Naboo

    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    It's precisely because it's the internet that Cikomyr should be worried.

    The internet: where men are men, women are men and under aged children are FBI agents.
    Precisely. Like the old proverb said; trick me once, shame on you. Trick me twice, shame on my parole officer.

  5. - Top - End - #1025
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Maxios's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Starbase Janus
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Darths And Droids 2: Should've Gone to Naboo

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Simon View Post
    And you think he hasn't because...?
    The others would have mentioned he looked like a hippie.
    Artifical intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerd View Post
    Strike me down and I'll clean the floor faster than you can imagine

  6. - Top - End - #1026
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Surfing HalfOrc's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Yangju-si, ROK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Darths And Droids 2: Should've Gone to Naboo

    Huh... Learn something new every day. I always thought slashfic was some sort of fan fiction where a popular character or characters are killed in an exceptionally violent manner.
    Thanks to Ceika (X2), Yeril, Holammer and Dr. Bath for the Avatars!
    New Avatar, new form of self-destruction! Ceika is Beyond Awesome!

  7. - Top - End - #1027
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2010

    Default Re: Darths And Droids 2: Should've Gone to Naboo

    Quote Originally Posted by Surfing HalfOrc View Post
    Huh... Learn something new every day. I always thought slashfic was some sort of fan fiction where a popular character or characters are killed in an exceptionally violent manner.
    Depends on what you're into.

  8. - Top - End - #1028
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Mewtarthio's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Darths And Droids 2: Should've Gone to Naboo

    Quote Originally Posted by Surfing HalfOrc View Post
    Huh... Learn something new every day. I always thought slashfic was some sort of fan fiction where a popular character or characters are killed in an exceptionally violent manner.
    That's "slasher fic," which may be a term I just made up. "Slashfic" comes from the slash in the descriptions (eg "Kirk/Spock"). I believe that it could originally refer to any explicitly sexual fanfic that featured a non-canon pairing, but most fics in that category involved gay couples, so "slashfic" now refers specifically to gay couples. In general, there isn't a special word for fanfics with opposite-sex parings, since that's the "norm," unless the pairing is so extreme that it falls under the "crack pairing" banner (so, "Zuko/Jet" is a slashfic, "Zuko/ Katara" is a shipfic with no special adjective, and "Katara/Ozai" is a crackfic).
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.
    Currently doing a blind LP of Higurashi

  9. - Top - End - #1029
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Seerow's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Darths And Droids 2: Should've Gone to Naboo

    So new strip is up.





    And apparently it has been 2 years since they finished the last campaign. Or at least since Ben went missing.

    Also apparently trust your instincts means chocolate dice, not "time to make a starfox reference"
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?


  10. - Top - End - #1030
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Emperordaniel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sochi, Russia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Darths And Droids 2: Should've Gone to Naboo

    ...I cracked up at Pete's and Jim's last lines.

    "[...] the circus is now complete."

    "When you left, you were but the learner; now you are the master."

  11. - Top - End - #1031
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Draconi Redfir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Gobbotopia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Darths And Droids 2: Should've Gone to Naboo

    So how bad is it that it took me about twenty minutes to remember who Ben was?
    Elsee Spiriteye by Cofeee

    Normal Avy by Thormag

    Spoiler
    Show


    Some homebrew i need help with.Fin stuf
    Hear it, love it, live it.

  12. - Top - End - #1032
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Maxios's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Starbase Janus
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Darths And Droids 2: Should've Gone to Naboo

    Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    So how bad is it that it took me about twenty minutes to remember who Ben was?
    Extremely
    Artifical intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerd View Post
    Strike me down and I'll clean the floor faster than you can imagine

  13. - Top - End - #1033
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Jade Dragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Minnesota
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Darths And Droids 2: Should've Gone to Naboo

    Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    So how bad is it that it took me about twenty minutes to remember who Ben was?
    Very very bad.

  14. - Top - End - #1034
    Troll in the Playground
     
    SaintRidley's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The land of corn

    Default Re: Darths And Droids 2: Should've Gone to Naboo

    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    That's "slasher fic," which may be a term I just made up. "Slashfic" comes from the slash in the descriptions (eg "Kirk/Spock"). I believe that it could originally refer to any explicitly sexual fanfic that featured a non-canon pairing, but most fics in that category involved gay couples, so "slashfic" now refers specifically to gay couples. In general, there isn't a special word for fanfics with opposite-sex parings, since that's the "norm," unless the pairing is so extreme that it falls under the "crack pairing" banner (so, "Zuko/Jet" is a slashfic, "Zuko/ Katara" is a shipfic with no special adjective, and "Katara/Ozai" is a crackfic).
    You're looking for hetfic to describe opposite-sex pairings.

    A complete circus is the best circus.
    Polling the Playground: How do you perceive my gender?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.
    Avatar by Kairaven.

  15. - Top - End - #1035
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Montreal
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Darths And Droids 2: Should've Gone to Naboo

    Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    You're looking for hetfic to describe opposite-sex pairings.

    A complete circus is the best circus.
    Well, just to be clear, I didn't knew slashfic automatically referred to homosexual pairing. I just thought it applied to two characters hooking up, whatever their orientation.

    I thought it'd be sufficient shame for losing the bet. But then again, federal prison doesn't appeal to me...

  16. - Top - End - #1036
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Othniel Edden's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Valley of Salt Lake
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Darths And Droids 2: Should've Gone to Naboo

    Quote Originally Posted by Surfing HalfOrc View Post
    Huh... Learn something new every day. I always thought slashfic was some sort of fan fiction where a popular character or characters are killed in an exceptionally violent manner.
    Your confusion comes from a specfic type of horror called a Slasher. Stuff like Saw, Final Destination, and Hostel. You may get those in a Slashfic, or slashfic about those but they are unrelated terms.

  17. - Top - End - #1037
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Kato's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Darths And Droids 2: Should've Gone to Naboo

    Quote Originally Posted by Emperordaniel View Post
    ...I cracked up at Pete's and Jim's last lines.

    "[...] the circus is now complete."

    "When you left, you were but the learner; now you are the master."
    Yeah, I thought that was a really nice one, too. I guess they couldn't have used it later onluess the GM is going to talk to Ben in private?


    Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    So how bad is it that it took me about twenty minutes to remember who Ben was?
    Very, very much. Shame on you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Othniel Edden View Post
    Your confusion comes from a specfic type of horror called a Slasher. Stuff like Saw, Final Destination, and Hostel. You may get those in a Slashfic, or slashfic about those but they are unrelated terms.
    To be honest, when I was knew to it I thought they were connected as well. But since Slashfics tend to butcher canon and anything else they can butcher while at it they might as well have something to do with Slash.

  18. - Top - End - #1038
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Traab's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    right behind you

    Default Re: Darths And Droids 2: Should've Gone to Naboo

    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Yeah, I thought that was a really nice one, too. I guess they couldn't have used it later onluess the GM is going to talk to Ben in private?



    Very, very much. Shame on you.



    To be honest, when I was knew to it I thought they were connected as well. But since Slashfics tend to butcher canon and anything else they can butcher while at it they might as well have something to do with Slash.
    HEY! Harry and Draco are meant to be together! It doesnt require slashing up canon to make it so, all the signs are there! heh, most fanfics butcher the heck out of canon, thats the whole point of them. It may have different meanings on different sites, but on fanfiction.net, slash refers to two male characters going at it like rabbits. Its frequently listed in the story description, whenever the two main characters of it are guys and its NOT a gay relationship, they specifically say its not a slash fic. Or they say it is a slash fic if they do end up hooking up.

    As for the comic, I love how they keep bringing up movie quotes in a different setting like this. And I really cant wait to see how the screen shots of luke and vadar will be handled when they reach the second movie.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

  19. - Top - End - #1039
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Emperordaniel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sochi, Russia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Darths And Droids 2: Should've Gone to Naboo

    Well, the new comic's up, and apparently the Sand People greatly respect Obi-Wan for some reason.

    Also loved the reference to Jim's explaining the definition of "Jedi" as "a type of cheese".
    group hug!
    Hold person.
    ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Order of the Stick forums: we argue about whether the sky is blue around here!
    Elf avatar made by Kymme.

  20. - Top - End - #1040
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Feytalist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    In the big city now
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Darths And Droids 2: Should've Gone to Naboo

    So "Adam Lars" is going to stick around? That's odd.

    Unless he dies and his never-before-seen twin brother Luke shows up.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

    From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

  21. - Top - End - #1041
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Craft (Cheese)'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: Darths And Droids 2: Should've Gone to Naboo

    Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    So "Adam Lars" is going to stick around? That's odd.

    Unless he dies and his never-before-seen twin brother Luke shows up.
    Simple explanation: In the comic, his parents never told him that he's adopted, they've just told him he's their kid. In the context of this deception, it'd be kinda weird if he didn't share their surname...

  22. - Top - End - #1042
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Traab's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    right behind you

    Default Re: Darths And Droids 2: Should've Gone to Naboo

    I just love his blind devotion to completing this quest of his, totally incapable of understanding that it wasnt meant as a quest he should do, but a plot hook to get him involved in the real quest. And no matter how much everyone tries to rp the hook into his mouth, he refuses to bite until he kills pete. I wonder if this will be a running theme with him, "Ok, we will go to aldaraan, but when we get there, I will melt you down." or if someone will finally take him aside and point out what he is supposed to be doing here, and that murdering his teammates is only allowed when it would be funny.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

  23. - Top - End - #1043
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Emperordaniel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sochi, Russia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Darths And Droids 2: Should've Gone to Naboo

    Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    Simple explanation: In the comic, his parents never told him that he's adopted, they've just told him he's their kid. In the context of this deception, it'd be kinda weird if he didn't share their surname...
    That's what I think will happen, too.

    Also, "Droid Wars"? Did I miss something from the earlier strips?
    group hug!
    Hold person.
    ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Order of the Stick forums: we argue about whether the sky is blue around here!
    Elf avatar made by Kymme.

  24. - Top - End - #1044
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Matthias2207's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    GMT+1
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Darths And Droids 2: Should've Gone to Naboo

    Quote Originally Posted by Emperordaniel View Post
    That's what I think will happen, too.

    Also, "Droid Wars"? Did I miss something from the earlier strips?
    Droid Wars: War against droids. The ones with the blasters. Before the clones came. First time seen here, bottom half of the page.
    Last edited by Matthias2207; 2012-05-03 at 08:56 AM.
    Avatar by me.


    My extended collection of avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Pony Tarquin by Dirtytabs

    Killer Klown by Ceika

    Stroop by Mr Gone

  25. - Top - End - #1045
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Seerow's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Darths And Droids 2: Should've Gone to Naboo

    Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    I just love his blind devotion to completing this quest of his, totally incapable of understanding that it wasnt meant as a quest he should do, but a plot hook to get him involved in the real quest. And no matter how much everyone tries to rp the hook into his mouth, he refuses to bite until he kills pete. I wonder if this will be a running theme with him, "Ok, we will go to aldaraan, but when we get there, I will melt you down." or if someone will finally take him aside and point out what he is supposed to be doing here, and that murdering his teammates is only allowed when it would be funny.
    I fail to see any way that he can kill Pete that wouldn't be funny at this point.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?


  26. - Top - End - #1046
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Default Re: Darths And Droids 2: Should've Gone to Naboo

    Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    (...) "Ok, we will go to aldaraan, but when we get there, I will melt you down." (...)
    Better yet: "Good night, R2. Good work. Sleep well. I'll most likely kill you in the morning."
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

  27. - Top - End - #1047
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Therinos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Darths And Droids 2: Should've Gone to Naboo

    Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    I just love his blind devotion to completing this quest of his, totally incapable of understanding that it wasnt meant as a quest he should do, but a plot hook to get him involved in the real quest. And no matter how much everyone tries to rp the hook into his mouth, he refuses to bite until he kills pete. I wonder if this will be a running theme with him, "Ok, we will go to aldaraan, but when we get there, I will melt you down." or if someone will finally take him aside and point out what he is supposed to be doing here, and that murdering his teammates is only allowed when it would be funny.
    Remember, the hook that got Luke to go to Alderaan in the first place was the death of Owen and Beru. I have no doubt that something similar will be the plot railroad for Corey/Adam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

    Quote Originally Posted by ImpSyndrome View Post
    I'm stealing the phrase "mental slap" to use on occasion. That's just too awesome.
    Current cookie total: 14

  28. - Top - End - #1048
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Emperordaniel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sochi, Russia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Darths And Droids 2: Should've Gone to Naboo

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthias2207 View Post
    Droid Wars: War against droids. The ones with the blasters. Before the clones came. First time seen here, bottom half of the page.
    Ah, so that was the Droid Wars? Interesting. (I don't recall it being named in-comic before, but I suppose your explanation makes sense. )
    group hug!
    Hold person.
    ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Order of the Stick forums: we argue about whether the sky is blue around here!
    Elf avatar made by Kymme.

  29. - Top - End - #1049
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Kato's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Darths And Droids 2: Should've Gone to Naboo

    Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    Remember, the hook that got Luke to go to Alderaan in the first place was the death of Owen and Beru. I have no doubt that something similar will be the plot railroad for Corey/Adam.
    Hu... or they kill the quest givers so he will finally forget about that stupid "quest"...

    Anyway, I'm a little confused why his name is not Luke but I guess it would be a bit obvious...

    I just hope we get to Han soon.

  30. - Top - End - #1050
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Nerd-o-rama's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    In AMERICA!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Darths And Droids 2: Should've Gone to Naboo

    Quote Originally Posted by Emperordaniel View Post
    Ah, so that was the Droid Wars? Interesting. (I don't recall it being named in-comic before, but I suppose your explanation makes sense. )
    It's one of those things from the movies they changed to both be ironic and make more sense. After all, from the perspective of the victors, "Droid Wars" would make more sense since they were fighting against the droids with clones, rather than the other way around.
    Let's Play Super Robot Wars Alpha


    Spoiler
    Show

    Character avatar of Rin is courtesy of Maestro.
    Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Signum Zeichen Nachtgott by Tengu
    SOS Banner by Gorbash Kazdar

    AIM: Nerdorama09

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •