New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: [NEXUS] GLoG 73

1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] GLoG 73

[Kitchen]

Well, yes. The people from WATCHTOWER attacked a slave caravan and brought the freed slaves here. Also some captured slavers.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Kitchen]

One eyebrow goes up.

"They free slaves and brought them here with the slavers? That sounds odd do you know more? Otherwise I would ask them if you have more important things to do."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

[Kitchen]

Reelshka looks quite surpised.
    How is that odd? This is a good place to put the freed slaves until they fell they can return home, if they have homes. I imagine the WATCHTOWER people will take the slavers with them to bring them to the authorities once they leave.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

4. - Top - End - #94

[Outside]

Yep, it seems to have to be Cessie that needs to break this off, to breath if anything.
    She smiles a bit nervously, letting so many emotions loose could be seen as indecent in the middle of someone else home/base of operations.
    Harnel should be able to tell she is attempting to restrain herself quite a bit before they get a bit too passionate in the middle of GloG.
    "Of course, we can show our love with restrain... unless your interested in uh explore it a bit more?" Perhaps a bit to the side at least?

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside]

Harnel chuckles. That worrying is gone from his mind, and it should be obvious to Cessie. "Not here, Cessie. I'm not sure how comfortable I am doing too much out in the open like this."

See? Harnel has a bit of modesty too

"But... did you really mean it when you said you'd become a half-dragon for me?" It's not that he looks worried or hopeful, just... surprised. Like he isn't sure what to make of it.
    Last edited by Halae; 2011-06-17 at 08:28 AM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

6. - Top - End - #96

[Kitchen]

"Well I'm suprised about bringin both here, but if they want to take the slavers away first it should be OK. Well it is even Good that they are here I just wanted to talk to them either. Thank you."

Andy will now go outside searching for the Watchtower people, if not stoped. Oh and he still has the bunny ears and the fur.
    Last edited by Zefir; 2011-06-17 at 08:30 AM.

7. - Top - End - #97

[Outside]

"Err... yes, that's what I meant. Restrain." For a moment she seems to close her eyes and mumble a silent prayer.

Then she looks back at him, "If that's what it would take to show I love you, yes. That's what I would be willing to do. Having a tail is... interesting. Besides I could resist magic the way you do and be stronger. Not exactly a bad deal if you ask me." Cessie smiles faintly and chuckles. "Of course, what my family would say would be another thing."

Andy might notice Cessie and Harnel standing talking near the lake. They seem pretty busy with each other however considering the half-dragon got his wings warped around the sorceress.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2011-06-17 at 08:33 AM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside]

Harnel stops to think for a moment, and says, "Cessie... I think it's a good idea. Not just for me, but for yourself as well. Half-dragons are a lot stronger than humans, our scales protect us and, like you said, magic resistance. Among other things." he shows her his hand, with the claws on it. "I honestly think you'd enjoy those changes. I know I enjoy being able to lift horses in the air with relative ease."

His expression is one of accepting and merely suggesting. It doesn't matter to him whether she chooses to do this or not - he'll still love her, regardless - but he's worried about forcing it on her, "Keep in mind though, outside the Nexus, I don't know how well people will look on us. Back in my world, you'd be a monster, and you know better than i how the people in your world would react. But here in the Nexus, you'd just be another person, and much stronger than most humans."

9. - Top - End - #99

[Outside]

She appears somewhat surprised by his answer, "Uh, well I have to think about it. Not just that I have no means to perform such a feat yet but with the wedding come up I feel it would be safer to at least wait after it until making such changes. I might need to talk to my family as well as you might understand."

If Andy decides to interrupt them, she will of course turn to him.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside]

Harnel shakes his head, "Just trying to help you make an educated decision. One of the men I'm inviting to the wedding knows something about transmutations like that. you should talk to him." Harnel's not going to press it of course. He's just enjoying holing Cessie close.

Now that I think of it, aren't Harnel's clothes still wet?

11. - Top - End - #101

[Outside]

Hm, question is, if she went on with it, would she still be effected by LA +3?

And perhaps they are wet, not sure it would matter to the sorceress however. At least not in a moment like he needed her comfort.
    Cessie nods though, "I understand, I might talk to him later and we'll see what I decide." She glances at his wet clothes as a amount of magical heat start to dry them (and hers) dry. "And if so, it's still blue dragon right?" She smiles faintly, still not sure what to think of this idea.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2011-06-17 at 09:21 AM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside]

"I know you love blue. And, I must say, you look good in blue scales." he says. honestly, he's hoping she takes the idea to heart - being a half-dragon, despite the social stigma in their homeworlds, has a lot of massive benefits.

LA? Curse you! The bane of optimizers everywhere! But no worries. the ritual just makes her spend her next three levels earning the LA rather than more levels in her spellcasting class

13. - Top - End - #103

[Outside]

Well Andy is now walking here looking for the Watchtower guys.

"Hello! I search for the Watchtower people."

He has bunny ears and a fur that looks quiet unnatural, well they are real and such, but it's like they aren't born things.
    Last edited by Zefir; 2011-06-17 at 09:35 AM.

14. - Top - End - #104

[Outside]

But she's already pretty high level at this point, earning those might take years! Besides, she'll doesn't really need the strength bonus.

"Thank you..." Cessie replies with a suggestive smile before they are interrupted by... a human rabbit?
    "Oh, hello. Excuse our state, we just had a personal moment." The mage states as I assume Harnel let her go with his wings and she smooths down her dress to look a bit more presentable.

"I am Cessie Mithar representing Watchtower within the Council, who do I have the honor to talk to?" She asks with a slight bow.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2011-06-17 at 09:55 AM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside]
    Ah, but who wouldn't benefit from aditional hit points? that constiution bonus isn't for show! plus, intelligence and charisma buffs. Be smart and sexy!

Harnel will stand up as well, furling his wings back up behind his back. He nods, "And I'm Harnel Therishein," but he leaves it at that, mostly letting Cessie do the talking. He is intrigued by the rabbit ears, though
    Last edited by Halae; 2011-06-17 at 09:56 AM.

16. - Top - End - #106

((PC crash sry))

[Outside]

"I'm sorry to interrupt you, but I need to talk to you.
    Oh I'm Andreas Emeral council member of GloG."

He says with a small bow at them. The ears flying around at random. Andy waves them away.

"Damn things. Eh.. Well. I wanted to talk to you about the slavers. What do you plan with them and are you the only two bringing them here?"

He don't want to sound like he didn't belive him, it's just a question cause he knows a Watchtower member he dislikes.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

Main Cabin

The halfling family is all curled up asleep in the same bed, asleep.

Lily starts to whimper in her dreams, pulling her knees up and keeping the soles of her feet covered. Ezra would beat the children's feet with a cane when anyone in the family wasn't obedient enough. It was painful and effective, and wouldn't leave scars that would damage her appearance and thus reduce their value.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

18. - Top - End - #108

She already pack a lot of charisma and Intelligence however, is it really worth the 3+ LA?

[Outside]

"We plan to send them somewhere where they can be rehabilitated and face the consequences of their actions in the eyes of the law. We are however not the only ones taking them here, Jasper, another member from watch along with Seth and Isabel from Halo. I don't think they followed us however." Cessie explains as she suddenly seems to realize something.

"We have seen before Andy as I now remember." The mage adds with a faint smile. "I know of your dislike of Jasper, but he honestly helped us freeing the slaves this time so I can't really complain."

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside]

Harnel nods. he doesn't have much to contribute right now - Cessie seems to be doing a good job of that, so feel free to skip me for now. I'll post when something Harnel can respond to occurs

20. - Top - End - #110

[Outside]

"That sounds good. I was a bit shocked to bring the slaves and their slavers here together, but if you bring them to trial soon it won't hurt much. I was just afraid you leave them here. I think we got much work making the current redemtions work."

The Jasper mention showed of some of his anger but he keeps it down.

"As I told you last time. I dislike people who act against the law by calling them self lawful. I don't deny that he could do good, but I think in the precense of this Legion girl he will be Evil. Please try to keep him away from me."

Oh yeah they met in the Watchtower base. Well she may notice that the ears and fur are new, and magical. A different magic to Andys arm.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Main Cabin

The halfling family is all curled up asleep in the same bed, asleep.

Lily starts to whimper in her dreams, pulling her knees up and keeping the soles of her feet covered. Ezra would beat the children's feet with a cane when anyone in the family wasn't obedient enough. It was painful and effective, and wouldn't leave scars that would damage her appearance and thus reduce their value.
    Main Cabin

Pathfinder wakes, more than a little groggy, to the sound of Lily whimpering. He's heard it often enough to recognize what it is. Setting the spear aside, he sits up before leaning over the family to try and gently pick up the little girl, to hold her close to his warm fur to chase the nightmares away.

22. - Top - End - #112

[Outside]

"Don't worry Andy, we will take them away to a place where they belong." Cessie says with a nod. "And I'll keep an eye on Jasper, be sure of that. Just don't let your personal feelings effect your judgement on these things. He might come off as a jerk, but we need to give him a chance."

She peers at his bunny ears, "So what happened to you if you don't mind me asking?"

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

Pathfinder will see a tiny goblin girl walk up to him followed by Caretaker the drone. What's wrong?

24. - Top - End - #114

Outside

There you are! Yeesh, I've been looking all over for you. Jasper says, walking towards Andy. Then, suddenly, plotclone merge! Jasper stares down at the hole in his guts, quite annoyed. Well, screw you too, laws of physics. He mutters, leaning against a nearby cabin so all his weight isn't directly on the wound. Er, look, last time me and Legion were here, you kinda confiscated a bunch of stuff from us. We'd like our stuff back, as a lot of it had sentimental value. Jasper says to Andy, grinning weakly.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

Main Cabin

Lily clings to Pathfinder's fur. She'd been able to do so when they were locked up, when he'd reach through the bars of the cage to comfort her, but it was so much better to be able to burrow into his arms and completely hide from the Bad Stuff.

Brand awakes, his eyes fixing on Pathfinder with a grateful expression as he sees him comforting his daughter. It hurt him that Lily felt safer in the arms of the Wolfen than with her own parents, but he understood why. The Wolfen was big and strong, and able to fight. Pathfinder had been able to protect them when Brand had failed.

It hurt, but the important thing was that Lily was able to feel safe again.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Dining Hall

Pathfinder gives an apologetic look at the father, able to guess at how the father was feeling. He strokes Lily's hair for a moment before looking at the young goblin. "Nightmares. Even the children were mistreated."

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Main Cabin].
    In front of the Main Cabin, Sophie is putting up a plaque of her own under Dr. Burnett's advert, saying that she can also be talked to concerning redemption.
    Reinholdt butterfly flies up to the notice. Reads both. Scoffs just a little.

Then returns to his lakeside thinking rock and removes the amulet of butterfly wings, pocketing it in his hammerspace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

[Dining Hall]

Brinika's ears droop. Why were those people so horrible?

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Dining Hall

"Because some people, are really animals clothed in skins, hiding." Pathfinder tells the goblin girl as he holds and strokes Lily.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

[Dining Hall]

Brinika scowls. What happened to them? They must be punished. She stomps her foot indignantly.