New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Things you never noticed II: I never noticed the first thread

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    She would probably have taken actions by now if she'd heard them. She's just stupid and not listening.
    Or there'll be a twist later where she pulls a Shojo and is revealed to be smarter than she looks and helps Elan out in some way.

No, I don't think it's likely. You can stop writing out the reasons why it's a stupid idea, I'm just saying.
    Last edited by The Linker; 2011-06-25 at 03:11 PM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Halfling in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Fifth panel, two of the archfiends have yellow eyes.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    Or there'll be a twist later where she pulls a Shojo and is revealed to be smarter than she looks and helps Elan out in some way.

No, I don't think it's likely. You can stop writing out the reasons why it's a stupid idea, I'm just saying.
    Thank goodness. For a second there (before I read the ending) I nearly lost the few dregs of sanity I've managed to preserve despite my constant read-throughs of the more... wild theories on the forum.

ION: Just been reading OtootPCs , just noticed that 'Exhausted' and 'Fatigued' (when Haley was doing math at night were capitalized, those were DnD terms, another jab at DnD I didn't get until I started playing.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by arcanesaint View Post
    Fifth panel, two of the archfiends have yellow eyes.
    Good catch.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizak View Post
    I'm gonna be against the flow here and say outlined.

What? Everyone else are against the flow too, okay?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    In the grim statistics of the far future, there is only math.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Most Hilarious Murderer in the Playground. Both his episodes of hysterically ending my life left me chuckling even hours later when I thought about them.
    And more in the extended signature!

Extended signature

5. - Top - End - #95
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Thank goodness. For a second there (before I read the ending) I nearly lost the few dregs of sanity I've managed to preserve despite my constant read-throughs of the more... wild theories on the forum.
    Mind you, the only reason I consider it even unlikely that the Empress of Blood is faking her stupidity is that, well, Rich did already do that with Shojo.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Mind you, the only reason I consider it even unlikely that the Empress of Blood is faking her stupidity is that, well, Rich did already do that with Shojo.
    And what if she is Shojo?

Nevermind. Shut up Klear.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I just noticed that the Lizardfolk forum avatar has three toes on one foot, but only two toes on the other. I wonder how he lost that toe. One would hope in some glorious battle with a PC and not something like he tripped on a rock or something...
    Print and Play Minis | iheartprintandplay | Retired as of 2018, but my entire public collection of monsters, PCs, NPCs, environment pieces, and other supplements are still freely available (see links in top sticky post)
    Homebrew Projects | Extended Signature

8. - Top - End - #98
    Halfling in the Playground

I was just hit by the realization that the Order knew right from the beginning that Xykon was gonna survive the battle of Azure City. Otherwise the oracle's answer would have been "neither".

9. - Top - End - #99

Quote Originally Posted by bertoltus View Post
    I was just hit by the realization that the Order knew right from the beginning that Xykon was gonna survive the battle of Azure City. Otherwise the oracle's answer would have been "neither".
    I don't think they did. Rather, I think they just didn't realize what you just said, even though you are technically correct in that Xykon was fated to survive the battle.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm. This does raise the point that Roy never said "Xykon's here!? But the oracle said-- Aw, CRAP."

It would have made a neat moment if Roy suddenly realized this meant Xykon would survive, and if he survived, the Azure City folks would probably have lost. That could have been good justification for his crazy leap of heroicness onto the back of a flying dragon. Desperately trying to defy prophecy and all that.

However, I think Roy would be more prone to think that Xykon wouldn't go ahead and die in the battle. He'd duck out when it looked like his side was losing anyway.

Speaking of things I never noticed, there was something that never made sense to me: Roy makes the connection, before the memory charm takes effect, that he left out Azure City as a possible target in his question. But he doesn't afterwards, despite having (I had thought) the same amount of information. I only just realized it's because he doesn't remember the conversation where the Oracle was desperately trying to drop hints for him to be more vague.
    Last edited by The Linker; 2011-06-30 at 11:36 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    Roy makes the connection, before the memory charm takes effect, that he left out Azure City as a possible target in his question. But he doesn't afterwards, despite having (I had thought) the same amount of information.
    It was actually Elan who pointed out there were 3 gates remaining, not 2--but of course, we don't know exactly how the conversation proceeded that second time round; it's possible Elan didn't say the same thing due to being a bit befuddled (well, more than usually) by suddenly losing a chunk of his recent memory.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

I know Elan said that, but he's not making any sort of connection -- he's just pointing out that there's three gates left and not two, as he is quick to do with any piece of information a friend of his might find useful. It doesn't happen often.

I theorized that either;

A) Elan did point out the gate thing, but it was after the last panel and wasn't shown cause it would ruin the punchline. Roy answered it with something like "I meant gates Xykon would conceivably go after."

B) Elan didn't point it out -- implying that he had a better reason to think it was notable before the mindwipe, for some reason. Like, somewhere in his mind, something clicked and a part of him knew what the Oracle was talking about. Before Roy did! Elan got something before Roy did!

Oh, crazy over-analysation. I do so love to partake every once in a while.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0665.html
    I just realized that after Roy stops kissing Celia, he uses Vaarsuvius's cape to cover himself.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0331.html

The three panels with team evil are in fact one panel. The undead dragon's head and tail reaches out into the two lower parts.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Invader Crystal View Post
    I just realized that after Roy stops kissing Celia, he uses Vaarsuvius's cape to cover himself.
    That is what that was.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Most Hilarious Murderer in the Playground. Both his episodes of hysterically ending my life left me chuckling even hours later when I thought about them.

Extended signature

16. - Top - End - #106

17. - Top - End - #107

BlackDragon

You can see why the Giant did that one, though--if he'd scratched out Hilgya and Yikyik but left Zz'dtri clear it would have given away the big reveal a bit early.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    You can see why the Giant did that one, though--if he'd scratched out Hilgya and Yikyik but left Zz'dtri clear it would have given away the big reveal a bit early.
    And In-story: I figure the IFCC somehow managed to get left in the dark on that one. If Nale didn’t mention anything to Sabine for whatever reason, the IFCC wouldn’t necessarily find out that Zz’dtri was still in the game, even if he was in the penalty box for a while.

Alternatively, they Xed Zz’dtri out after he got taken away, then found out he was back, but never bothered to erase the X.
    The Future just ain’t what it used to be.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Invader Crystal View Post
    Same comic, first panel. One of the damage marks on Roy's skull makes it look like the skull is doing an "say whut" expression.

Cannot unsee.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    MAJOR SPOILERS. Seriously!
    The last panel will be...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Black. 'The End' in white text.

Don't say I didn't warn you.
    I won a thread. Am I pathetic to list that in my signture? Yes. Of course I am.

Awesome avatar is awesome. And made by yldenfrei.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Barbarian in the Playground

435. In the last panel, the guy who tries to assassinate Hinjo's head falls on a hobgoblin and kills it.
    Hi!
    --Timeless Error, Emerald Knight and Champion of Green in the Playground

A lot of clutter used to be here. Now it's here. Please click the link and read my extended signature!

Thanks to the amazing Aruius for my excellent Emerald Knight in Action avatar!

Legend, an awesome RPG. 1.0 now out!

21. - Top - End - #111

I was just rereading the visit to the Oracle, and I just realized that (as Elan puts it here) they thought their way past the Test of the Body and fought their way past the Test of the Mind. I feel so stupid for missing that, especially since Elan does notice.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lesingnon View Post
    In the ninth panel of strip 662 it looks like Xykon might be casting a spell. That dark gray matches his spellcasting aura and isn't visible in any other panel in the strip. What he might be casting, though, I don't know.
    If you look closely, you can see that it's actually Tsukiko who's casting the spell: Xykon's on the receiving end. He's real beat up in the previous comic, so presumably she's casting some negative energy spell to restore him to full hit points, like Redcloak did during the battle against ghosty-Soon. Xykon's looking pretty well recovered as a result of it.

23. - Top - End - #113

Quote Originally Posted by jimsilsbo View Post
    If you look closely, you can see that it's actually Tsukiko who's casting the spell: Xykon's on the receiving end. He's real beat up in the previous comic, so presumably she's casting some negative energy spell to restore him to full hit points, like Redcloak did during the battle against ghosty-Soon. Xykon's looking pretty well recovered as a result of it.
    They're talking about the ninth panel, not the first one.

24. - Top - End - #114

Quote Originally Posted by jimsilsbo View Post
    Um, what???

Tsukiko's magic isn't dark grey, it's blue. BOTH of them.

All casters,when severely pissed off automatically have natural spells on the tip of their tongue, and yet undefined magic power crackling in their hands. Xykon is pissed off at the time, don't you think?

And Tsukiko was already healing him in the SAME comic, she'd have to reason to do it again, and even if she did, it would be with the lighter blue magic.

Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

It was just a misunderstanding. Jimsilsbo didn't notice the 'ninth panel' part.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Dwarf in the Playground

I only recently noticed that Tsukiko's eyes are different colors; one for each divine and arcane magic. And that her spell colors are different in the first place! I'm not perceptive at all, lol.
    Cornelius loves Illithids. Illithids love Cornelius. Therefore, all Illithids love toast and ice cubes. Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by SheepInDisguise View Post
    Haley will release the snarl, and it will bring candy upon the world!
    Username, and avatar, inspired by my favorite D&D character, an insane illithid-loving cultist sorcerer! He is cool. He has a dead illithid larvae in his brain! But that's okay. It's alive in his soul.

27. - Top - End - #117

Quote Originally Posted by Whiffet View Post
    I was just rereading the visit to the Oracle, and I just realized that (as Elan puts it here) they thought their way past the Test of the Body and fought their way past the Test of the Mind. I feel so stupid for missing that, especially since Elan does notice.
    Good catch!

28. - Top - End - #118

PirateGuy

I just noticed Hilgya's name is missing from the wanted poster for the Linear Guild. This makes perfect sense, since she only joined up with them once Loki commanded her to steal the Talisman from Nale.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Whiffet View Post
    That is actually pretty awesome.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Extended signature

30. - Top - End - #120
    Pixie in the Playground

I may be wrong, but when character's wear boots, the bigger boot matches up with the bigger eye. And speaking of eyes, Miko's eyes turn blue here. Also, in that strip, Hinjo is handing back Durkon his hammer and Celia is sheltering her wings from the glass.
    The hat
    GENERATION 15: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.