New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

Default Total War: Star Wars (recuiting? Developing)

So I want to start a Total Wars game based in the Star Wars universe, but feel like I need to develop a system and need at least one Co-DM. I plan on having planet conquest be an important part, and as such decided to develop planet stats. These may include:

Military offense/defense
    Loyalty
    Economy
    Opinion (if the planet is say, kessel, there are negative side effects as it is seen a smugglers/drug haven)
    Special (for instance, Kuat has the shipyards which increase econ and military)

Likewise your side will be affected by your planets stats. Something like half the planets economy is boosted to your side, and you can call on the planets military for actions etc.

Your side stats may include:

Military
    Espionage
    Tech
    Econ
    Opinion
    Population (new)

You would need population in order to boost the other stats or colonize new words.

This is crossposted in the PbP recruiting as well, link is here; please critique and offer suggestions!
    Last edited by SemiteLock; 2011-06-10 at 01:53 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Total War: Star Wars (recuiting? Developing)

Total Wars? I'm confused. Is this a hack of something I've never heard of or are you building something from scratch?
    Last edited by DoomHat; 2011-06-10 at 11:37 PM.
    ...with a vengeance!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

It seems interesting. However, what turns me off is the sperate stats for Planets. Though I understand how it is important, I feel as if it makes the game to complicated for me. Just make each planet, or group of planets, an NPC nation (with their own stats.) I think it would be easier on both the GM and the players.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

i've been pondering some kind of a hybrid between the birthright setting's realms rules (2nd ed), and 3.5 ed rules, in order to make something similar to a total war game that still includes personal quests and actions.

haven't come up with much yet, but your project seems like it could go nicely with that, just on a space opera scale instead.

EDIT: the point of that, which i forgot, was to say that you might want to look into the birthright setting for ideas, whether or not you intend to make it compatible with a preexisting game setting.
    Last edited by Stycotl; 2011-06-14 at 12:27 AM.
    my own diabolical experiments (homebrew)

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns
    Watchtower––Volume III (running since 2008)

Announcer— “Your cable television is experiencing difficulties. Please do not panic. Resist the temptation to read or talk to loved ones. Do not attempt sexual relations, as years of TV radiation have left your genitals withered and useless.”

Wiggum, checking— “Well I'll be damned.”

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DoomHat View Post
    Total Wars? I'm confused. Is this a hack of something I've never heard of or are you building something from scratch?
    Total War is a semi-freeform system made by Odin Papsmear, of these very forums.

Quote Originally Posted by razovor View Post

Game Description
    Spoiler
    Show
    Total War is a game of strategy. The Players play as factions vying for control of the world/galaxy. They fight wars, secretly assassinate each others leader, vie for control of the populace, and build vast empires.

Along the way they will have the opportunity to forge alliances, and break them, create powerful spells, and amazing technologies and design the specifics of their faction down to the smallest detail.

Game Rules
    Spoiler
    Show
    The basic premise is simple. Each player plays as a nation, corporation, faction of other important body in the world.

Every nation has a set of stats which determine their capabilities. The exact set depends on the setting and the Gm. A modern game might have these stats:
    • Military
    • Morale
    • Economy
    • Research
    • Espionage
    • World Opinion

It's pretty fun. A semi-current list of Total War games running and recruiting is here.

....Awaaaaaay!
    Last edited by Imperial Psycho; 2011-06-15 at 11:39 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Posting interest. Have to see the map first, but Corellia, Kuat, and Kol Huro all interest me.
    EDIT: scratch that, I call the Aing-TIi
    Last edited by Exthalion; 2011-06-16 at 04:13 PM.
    Many, many thanks to azuyomi244 for the avatar.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

And I forgot I had this thread up!

I changed some things and posted a real recruitment thread.

Its right about here, please peruse if you haven't.

Exthalion: I have to find a good map still, if you have one of the books from the Yuuzhan vong invasion; thats the one or one like it I will be using.