New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Vote Up A Campaign Setting 2 (Now Voting: Magic Level!)

Tallied all the way.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Barbarian in the Playground

There should be some type of mercy rule for this kinda thing. Being up by 22 votes is the sign of a clear victor.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Othniel Edden View Post
    There should be some type of mercy rule for this kinda thing. Being up by 22 votes is the sign of a clear victor.

agreed. I want to vote for the next option.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Troll in the Playground

Well, I don't think Afro has been letting on the precise voting deadlines as I might have done, so he does have the ability to close any given vote entirely at his own discretion- but I wonder whether he almost wants the sudden curve ball of a last minute change of heart by the community at large- especially after earlier vote-ups like VUACS#1...
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

Very high for me

6. - Top - End - #306
    Titan in the Playground

Clearly you have not encountered me yet. "Mercy" is a word that does not have much association with me.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by afroakuma View Post
    Clearly you have not encountered me yet. "Mercy" is a word that does not have much association with me.
    Oh, come now, that's not true. It has plenty of association with you, ya know, you share mutual friends with phrases like "lack thereof" and "without any".

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

Given the genesis theme, I'd say that Very High Magic is the way to go.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground

*Looks up briefly from watching the dead horse get beat.*
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftmongoose View Post
    You wanna be Heracles and defeat the Nemean lion? I approve.
    When I wrote that I figured that so many people around here WOULD get the reference that it wouldn't even be worth mentioning, but now that I think about it maybe it wasn't that obvious after all.... (although I was thinking the "Hercules" name/version for that particular hero, not that I could tell you what the differences in the characterizations were).
    Quote Originally Posted by havocfett View Post
    Very High Magic it fits the Genesis theme, and DracoDei has outlined why it would be incredibly awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by RationalGoblin View Post
    Very High Magic; mythic-style settings are always fun, like DracoDei has mentioned.
    Glad to be of service.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    When I wrote that I figured that so many people around here WOULD get the reference that it wouldn't even be worth mentioning, but now that I think about it maybe it wasn't that obvious after all.... (although I was thinking the "Hercules" name/version for that particular hero, not that I could tell you what the differences in the characterizations were).
    Same person, I think the name difference would have something to do with two different translations from Greek.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

11. - Top - End - #311
    Troll in the Playground

I vote Moderate, let the magic of the world be something the people haven't been able to fully harness yet. It's more special when everyone and their brother isn't shooting fireballs from their eyes.
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Troll in the Playground

Moderate magic. Let's not get too crazy.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftmongoose View Post
    Same person, I think the name difference would have something to do with two different translations from Greek.
    Greek is Heracles, Latin is Hercules. Likewise for Odysseus and Ulixes/Ulysses.
    Editor and playtester for Legend.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Troll in the Playground

Very High Magic

It just feels right.
    Are any of my tables still broken?
    Visit Beautiful Gatazka Today!
    Fluff | Crunch

I'm hardly an expert, but feel free to PM me if you ever need anything; build advice, homebrew advice,
    elaboration of a post I made, elaboration of my homebrew, my Social Security number, or just a friendly ear.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Very High Magic
    Having a debate with the God of Logic before having Roast Phoenix for lunch (just remember not to cast Create Undead while it's cooking ) and finishing the day by creating Excalibur and discovering Half-Elves/Fey/Fiend/Celestial/Other is just to awesome to pass up.

Also Baby Dragon pets
    call me Dragon

I have left this site for a while. I probablt wont be coming back.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGirl

Very High magic for me. I love the idea of the beginning of civilizations being utterly suffused in magic - A Dreamtime of sorts, where time and stories, life and creation, people and the land all meld and mix in a magical slurry.

This world is ripe and fertile with everything else, let's ad Magic to that too.

17. - Top - End - #317

I'm going to swing with the Group, and add even more speed to the Pendulum of Very High Magic It feels appropriate and there is so many Epic Myths to carve into the landscape, that Why Not?
    Check out the Hansbachman Blog, it's a cure for all of your ills!
    It's Grade A, Top Notch, and One of a Kind!
    All natural, Backwards Compatible and Moving Forward with the times.
    We're off-brand, off-tempo, and on point, with an ear to the ground, finger on the pulse, and hand on the trigger.
    We're on the beat like Ginsberg, hyper-aware and hyper-active.
    Running on multi-actuated heavy duty pistons with a pistol grip.

Thanks to Dashwood for the Extravagant Avatar

18. - Top - End - #318
    Bugbear in the Playground

I submit to the groupthink (and also kind of want to vote on the winner for once) and change my vote from High Magic to Very High Magic. Also, it does sound pretty rad.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm glad that Low Magic got at least one pity vote. I almost did that, but I voted my heart (my mob-mental heart).

20. - Top - End - #320

I think it's important that both the Build Team and DracoDei know that I would marry DracoDei right now.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Titan in the Playground

Tallified!

22. - Top - End - #322

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta Kai View Post
    I'm glad that Low Magic got at least one pity vote. I almost did that, but I voted my heart (my mob-mental heart).
    Low magic got three votes, in hopes of awesome mythicness being only a gods thing.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Vote Up A Campaign Setting 2 (Now Voting: PC Races!)

Alright, since it's clearly beating a dead horse by this point, I've closed Magic Level early. The result, which will shock all of you, is that this setting's Magic Level will be Very High.

Now, we ask you to vote on the setting's PC Races. Humans are by default included, and this is not negotiable. You are to vote for the six races you would like to see appear as player character races in this setting; the six races with the highest vote tallies will win.

The Build Team reserves the right to add in one or more additional races (possibly other popular options from this poll) based on perceived need of coverage due to the results of this poll. Final names of races are also subject to change as required by the needs of the setting.
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2011-06-22 at 02:42 AM.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Firbolg in the Playground

I cannot stress this enough; choose carefully. Your decisions here on this vote are going to literally define how players and their characters view and interact with the world we're building on a resounding and omnipresent level.
    Last edited by Lord_Gareth; 2011-06-22 at 02:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

25. - Top - End - #325
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomePirate

I'll take the Dangerous-Person-Provoker's advice to heart and consider carefully.
    My final list is Sahuagin, Paraíso, Halfling, Dwarf, Mygalos and Animus. I've always loved the Sahuagin as villains, and I'd be interested in seeing them as protagonists for a change. Halflings I pick mostly because I've rarely seen them distinguish themselves in any setting. They're pretty much the same wherever I look (except the dinosaur-riders, but still). Dwarves because people generally picture them in the bleak barren mountains, with thousands of years of proud history behind them, and I want to see how they find their place in the vibrant verdancy of a new-made Garden World. For Paraíso, Mygalos and Animus, I can offer no more rational explanation than that their descriptions captured my imagination.
    But I had a hard time narrowing down the options. However this turns out, it'll be interesting...

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ettin in the Playground

Vari, Dwarves, Elves, More Dwarves, Centaur, Additional Short Stout Drunken Humanoids*
    I'd prefer a more genasi-like take on the Vari.

Alternatively, use my vote to cancel a vote for Tibbits.

*Mostly likely called dwarves for easy reference.
    Last edited by Doc Roc; 2011-06-22 at 03:29 AM.
    Lagren: I took Livers Need Not Apply, only reflavoured.
    DocRoc: to?
    Lagren: So whenever Harry wisecracks, he regains HP.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Orc in the Playground

Oh wow, the choices... this will require thought.

First, I guess I'll get the easy choices out of the way...
    • Goblins. This one is purely from the heart. I've always loved the little buggers. It'd be nice to see them get the awesome end of the stick for once and not be a slave/stupid bandit race.
    • Lizardfolk. In a similar vein to gobbos, lizardfolk have always been one of my favourite races.

Now, the pains of decision-making begin:
    • Arboreal. Swamp Thing people seem very thematic for a newly created garden world. I imagine many a druid plant-person roaming about.
    • Paraíso. Bird people! Because... well... Bird people!
    • Niebla. I like clouds, and a treetop dwelling race that aren't elves sounds refreshing and should make for a unique culture.
    • Animus. I've always liked the warforged in Eberron as a race of individuals searching for meaning. The animus sound as if they would be this setting's version of that. At the very least it'd be a good deal of fun playing one and trying to get yourself born.
    Last edited by Drakefall; 2011-06-22 at 03:22 AM.
    If I had a +1 Pan of Frying I could totally do that!

28. - Top - End - #328
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Dwarves! I love dwarves! Also, dwarves in this setting should be hilarious.

Vari: Elemental characters seem cool for a Genesis setting

Animus: They seem pretty awesome. And vaguely warforge-y, which I approve of.

Arboreal: Because I haven't played as the Creature From the Black Lagoon in a campaign yet.

Arthrons: I'd rather like the insect race to be a base PC race for once.

And the Paraiso: Bird people. That is all.

29. - Top - End - #329

animus - because pre-incarnates are cool
    troglodytes - fulfill both dwarf and lizardman niche; would make a really cool warrior race to play
    paraiso - when I look at garden world, I think color; and a race of multi-colored parrots is too hard to pass up
    centaur - I've always had a classic love for centaurs; they're a good warrior race, and they're a good race for a savage, wild world
    sahuagin - having a water-dwelling race expands the setting
    grimlock - just too hard to pass up, with my love of H. G. Wells and I'm not sure many more will vote for them, so I'm giving it a boost in hope that people will see there is support for such an awesome race.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Troll in the Playground

I would like to request a clarification before placing my votes, are Vari going to be distinct from Genasi (or Sabi as they became known in Hourglass of Zihaja)?
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.