New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Vote Up A Campaign Setting 2 (Now Voting: PC Races!)

Interesting. No "big, strong"-type races are currently in the Top 6. Unless Arboreals are big and strong.
    You can call me Draz.
    Trophies:
    Spoiler
    Show

Also of note:

I have a number of ongoing projects that I manically jump between to spend my free time ... so don't be surprised when I post a lot about something for a few days, then burn out and abandon it.
    ... yes, I need to be tested for ADHD.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BLUESKY View Post
    As such, it seems as if the (new) races would be unlikely to be placed in as monsters, and harder to homebrew in if so, especially if they are not included in the fluff. Would this be the case ? If so, I may switch my Troglodyte vote to vari. I am as yet undecided however.
    Not sure I understand what you're saying here... I know for me, personally, if Mygalos don't get voted in as a PC race (just an example) they're definitely going in as monsters, cause that would be hilarious.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Bugbear in the Playground

even though I only know the basis of this shapeless race my vote is for them as a pc race Protean
    Pirate avatar thanks to serpentine.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Troll in the Playground

You get to vote for six races, Slaydemons, not just one.
    Are any of my tables still broken?
    Visit Beautiful Gatazka Today!
    Fluff | Crunch

I'm hardly an expert, but feel free to PM me if you ever need anything; build advice, homebrew advice,
    elaboration of a post I made, elaboration of my homebrew, my Social Security number, or just a friendly ear.

5. - Top - End - #455

Quote Originally Posted by Lyndworm View Post
    You get to vote for six races, Slaydemons, not just one.
    ahh well then that is my first choice sorry I guess I didn't understand.\

Eldren, Goblins, Animus, Dwarf, Protean, Niebla are my six choices
    Last edited by slaydemons; 2011-06-23 at 03:00 PM.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

C'mon folks, lets see more love for the Niebla. Who doesn't want cool cloud people?

7. - Top - End - #457

Quote Originally Posted by slaydemons View Post

Eldren, Goblins, Animus, Dwarf, Protean, Niebla are my six choices
    Quote Originally Posted by Aidan305 View Post
    C'mon folks, lets see more love for the Niebla. Who doesn't want cool cloud people?

I shown love so

8. - Top - End - #458
    Barbarian in the Playground

If Protean goes in, it'll be awesome. 'Nuff said. Also, what systems are you gonna be using? Same as last time, or is there gonna be love for other systems? Pathfinder? Please!!!!!

9. - Top - End - #459
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lord View Post
    If Protean goes in, it'll be awesome. 'Nuff said. Also, what systems are you gonna be using? Same as last time, or is there gonna be love for other systems? Pathfinder? Please!!!!!
    Original post suggests only 3.5 this time.

Wondering about an appropriately mythic creation myth for the setting...

Or we could just go with the silly alternative: This is what POWER causes if and when Afroakuma knocks over a potted plant.
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary Pen View Post
    Wondering about an appropriately mythic creation myth for the setting...
    Oh, we're being amusing about it, rest assured.

Or we could just go with the silly alternative: This is what POWER causes if and when Afroakuma knocks over a potted plant.
    Hey now. I am very careful around potted plants. They really tie the people down screaming room together.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Dwarf in the Playground

Animus, Mygalos, Niebla, Paraíso, Protean and Sahuagin.
    Awesome Pomjmur, Giff Sniper avatar from Afroakuma's Planejammer Campaign drawn by Silkenray.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Troll in the Playground

Switching votes from Mygalo to Gnome and Niebla to Troglodyte.

EDIT: *Shakes fist in Impy's general direction.*
    Last edited by Reverent-One; 2011-06-23 at 04:03 PM.
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

13. - Top - End - #463

Default S

Arthron, Nielbla, Protean, Arboreal, Vari, Sahuagin

14. - Top - End - #464

MindFlayer

Animus
    Arboreal
    Eldren
    Niebla
    Protean
    Arthron
    My characters: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetindex.php?sg=41703

GENERATION 7D: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add applesauce to the generation. This is a social experiment.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Halfling in the Playground

Afro-
    Not sure I understand what you're saying here... I know for me, personally, if Mygalos don't get voted in as a PC race (just an example) they're definitely going in as monsters, cause that would be hilarious
    I guess I should stop trying to be prescient late at Night .
    While it would be fun to take my fear of Spiders and otherwise Creatures-with-exoskellingtons in out on the Creepy-horrors in Person, I think I`ll hold onto My vote. For now. Somehow I doubt it`d go down to well if I try to set Them all on Fire. Never seems to for some reason...

Hey, Afroakuma! What time does this Vote end? I have an exam in...onetwothreefoure...nine hours, and should probably get some Sleep. Accursed Human necessity for sleep...I`ll get you one day, and your little dog also

Edit= Thanks Swiftmongoose
    Drop one vote for Troglodyte
    Add one vote for Mygalo

See you guys when the dice have been cast, tallied and incorporated into setting Overstretched metaphor.
    Last edited by BLUESKY; 2011-06-23 at 04:40 PM.
    Please PEACH my 4e campaign setting - http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...8#post11306498Honestly, any form of feedback would be apprecitated at this point

16. - Top - End - #466
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BLUESKY View Post
    Afro-

I guess I should stop trying to be prescient late at Night .
    While it would be fun to take my fear of Spiders and otherwise Creatures-with-exoskellingtons in out on the Creepy-horrors in Person, I think I`ll hold onto My vote. For now. Somehow I doubt it`d go down to well if I try to set Them all on Fire. Never seems to for some reason...

Hey, Afroakuma! What time does this Vote end? I have an exam in...onetwothreefoure...nine hours, and should probably get some Sleep. Accursed Human necessity for sleep...I`ll get you one day, and your little dog also
    You really need to get some sleep:
    Quote Originally Posted by afroakuma View Post
    Duly changed.

Polls close late this evening, so if anyone's still on the fence you'd best get your votes in now.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

I withdraw my votes for Halfling and Orc and would like to cast them for Centaur and Dwarf. If Vari don't get in, might as well get one of those in!

Since 3.5 is the main gig, it will be easy to convert it for Pathfinder use.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

18. - Top - End - #468

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    I withdraw my votes for Halfling and Orc and would like to cast them for Centaur and Dwarf. If Vari don't get in, might as well get one of those in!

Yay!proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans proteans

19. - Top - End - #469
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Note: any such conversion will be done on your time, as the Build Team is not constructing material with Pathfinder in mind. As a personal aside, I won't be of any help with that either, as I despise Paizo and their material, so please don't PM me asking for advice on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ettin in the Playground

yuk Re: Vote Up A Campaign Setting 2 (Now Voting: PC Races!)

Making a setting that accommodated both 3.5E & 4E was a logistical nightmare that consumed weeks, if not months, of time in total. And overall, I still don't know if it was really worth it. I mean, there are 4E groups playing it apparently, & I'd love to have someone who know 4E to continue the conversions. But it was so painful to work with two completely incompatible gaming engines. I could see doing a 3.5/PF/D20r setting, or even doing an E6/D20whatever setting, but never again will I try to fit 4E into a D20whatever setting. Ugh. Never again.

21. - Top - End - #471

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta Kai View Post
    Making a setting that accommodated both 3.5E & 4E was a logistical nightmare that consumed weeks, if not months, of time in total. And overall, I still don't know if it was really worth it. I mean, there are 4E groups playing it apparently, & I'd love to have someone who know 4E to continue the conversions. But it was so painful to work with two completely incompatible gaming engines. I could see doing a 3.5/PF/D20r setting, or even doing an E6/D20whatever setting, but never again will I try to fit 4E into a D20whatever setting. Ugh. Never again.
    It would probably be easier to make the setting entirely in 3.5 as the more versatile system and then make a 4E conversion later on if you care about that at all. But I'm sure it would be easier to create the setting in the first place if you stuck to one set of mechanics.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Orc in the Playground

I'd like to drop Troglodyte, Eldren, and Halfing, and add Shaugin, Goblin, and Mygalo

23. - Top - End - #473

Animus, Dwarves (can I vote AGAINST them being scottish though?)[/b], Elf, [b]Eldren[b], Goblins, and Halflings.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kellus View Post
    It would probably be easier to make the setting entirely in 3.5 as the more versatile system and then make a 4E conversion later on if you care about that at all. But I'm sure it would be easier to create the setting in the first place if you stuck to one set of mechanics.
    You're probably right on both counts. But no one knew what it would take at the time, because nobody had ever tried something like that before (to my knowledge). You live, you learn, & I have no real regrets, I just wish that it had been easier, so we could have spent less time on integration & more time on divisive bickering collaboration.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Orc in the Playground

Not sure I understand what you're saying here... I know for me, personally, if Mygalos don't get voted in as a PC race (just an example) they're definitely going in as monsters, cause that would be hilarious.
    As a general rule, when a failed PC race gets included as a monster, would the Build Team try to make PC-friendly stats? Or do you think that having that goal would restrict the monster design process and potentially make for a less interesting creation?

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan305 View Post
    I like Niebla more than Animus and Protean, but those are shoe-ins and I don't want to see all three together.
    Someday I'll have my anxiety under control, but until then, I'm prone to sudden month-long disappearances.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Titan in the Playground

Poll closes in ten minutes.

27. - Top - End - #477

If there's still time, I'll change one of my votes from Animus, which doesn't need the help to the Mygalo, which I'd kind of like to see.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Titan in the Playground

Ooh, let's check the timestamp... too late, I fear.

Though I suppose this leaves me with a dilemma...
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2011-06-23 at 10:44 PM.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Troll in the Playground

Though I suppose this leaves me with a dilemma...
    A tie for sixth place?
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

30. - Top - End - #480

Quote Originally Posted by Reverent-One View Post
    A tie for sixth place?
    You could always dock half a mark to the mygalo for my tardiness.