New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Vote Up A Campaign Setting 2 (Now in Open Discussion)

This setting looks so promising... I do hope it has as few humans as possible...
    Enigma will take you where dogma cannot.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    Who knows, maybe in this world there is a variety of garlic that grows 3 inches around and 3 feet long, carves well into a blade shape, and is especially susceptible to Ironwood spells...
    Hey presto, garlic-sword... good for vampires, and not half-bad for causing low fort-save enemies to be half-blinded with tears as soon as you start swinging it at them.
    That's tears from embarrassment, certainly. Perhaps there should be a fort save to avoid having bad breath?

3. - Top - End - #903

MindFlayer

Ironwood... that brings up a new thought for me. If iron ends up not existing in this world, would ironwood still be allowed? If so, what would it be called? "Reallyreallystrongwood"?
    My characters: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetindex.php?sg=41703

GENERATION 7D: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add applesauce to the generation. This is a social experiment.

4. - Top - End - #904
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Vote Up A Campaign Setting 2 (Now Voting: Threats!)

Okay, I have an insane one now.

First up: another non-binding preference poll (oh how I love these) on threats! What threat do you most want to see represented in the setting? As a threat, mind you, not "at all." Write-ins are allowed on this one, though again, they'll be rolled into existing options if they're not reasonably distinct.

And secondly, while we're on the topic of write-ins... a poll on write-ins! Specifically, if you could write something in (on any prior poll, or even just in general) or promote someone else's idea, I want to see it. Again, preference poll, and you get up to three write-ins/votes. Keep your write-ins to 30 words or less or I will execute you. Quality control applies.

So... have fun!
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2011-06-30 at 12:57 AM.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

5. - Top - End - #905
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Humanoids Just for the tagline you have
    call me Dragon

I have left this site for a while. I probablt wont be coming back.

6. - Top - End - #906
    Bugbear in the Playground

If there's any setting which could actually pull off an advancement path for PCs that starts at level 1 and ends with them killing actual gods by level 20, it would be a high magic world with an infinite number of gods out there. I'd love to see an actual setting where players are expected to be able to take on the Gods and win.

One idea I've seen proposed in a few ways and which I think would be really cool for this setting is the dreamworld. Being able to walk through other peoples' dreams and enter nightmare worlds inside peoples' minds sounds kind of awesome for this setting, so I'll make a write-in entry of Dreamscapes. I wants them.

7. - Top - End - #907

Chimera

Hmmm, Dragons! Better if we can see non-standard dragons. As interesting as the dragon varieties are, the color coding is always a bit meh for me. Since this is the dawn age anyway perhaps there is chance to see something a bit different. The primeval dragons, the prototypes, or the creatures-that-would-later-spawn the dragon
    Quote Originally Posted by Gharkash View Post
    Let us be enlightened by the wisdom of urban dictionary:
    2. opinion
    immunity to being told your wrong

8. - Top - End - #908

Once upon a time I had written about summoners that could bind gods and power spirits to their will, by transforming them into creatures of flesh. In the story they did so by three methods. "The Flesh of Word", "The Flesh of Spirit" and "Flesh of Earth". Flesh of Word would cause things to form almost like you were convincing something to exist, Flesh of Spirit would bind ghosts and gods and turn them into flesh, and Flesh of Earth would be used for constructs and undead(animating lifeless objects). In my story each one used varying conditions, and misuse of the power ended up with serious problems.
    Fatebound, are creatures formed the pure energies of creation and made to serve. So far most are just that, servants. But what happens when someone uses them for war? And what happens without a will to think for them?

Gods, an infinite amount really, and you are telling me that a mortal can't find a way to anger one? If summoning, binding, negotiating, and turning mortal can be done, do think mortals would resist doing so? There is a conflict here, exploit it.

Animated Objects Golems, gargoyles, living armor, corpses of your village's greatest warriors. These things all make incredible guardians at little risk to yourself, and a lot of risk to your enemies.Any adventurer is bound to cross a few.

Whoops, I guess this isn't just for this specific poll, but for the whole thing. Need to revise this in a later post.
    Last edited by Othniel Edden; 2011-06-30 at 05:02 AM.

9. - Top - End - #909
    Halfling in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Classic Monsters
    Dragons
    Natural

"What are we without honor, or friends?"
    Mistress of *Squee*
    Write now.

10. - Top - End - #910
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by afroakuma View Post
    And secondly, while we're on the topic of write-ins... a poll on write-ins! Specifically, if you could write something in (on any prior poll, or even just in general) or promote someone else's idea, I want to see it. Again, preference poll, and you get up to three write-ins/votes. Keep your write-ins to 30 words or less or I will execute you. Quality control applies.
    Slightly confused on this. Would this mean just for this specific poll, in which case I assume we have 3 vote to use on a combination between the default threats, others' write-ins and our own write-ins? If I have this right, am I able to reserve 1 or more of my votes for possible future write ins on this poll?

If so, I use 1 vote for Dreamscape, and a second for a write-in:
    Nightmares: Where the Dreamscape is going into dreams, this is dreams coming out. Likely due to abundant creation energies granting them a semblance of reality.

(For good example of the above, look at the fae in the Coldfire trilogy, by C. S. Friedman)

If I can't save my last vote in case of a future write in, I'll put it toward Fey.

Owrtho
    Tables
    Want them to look nice? Have a guide

My Homebrew
    [creature]Shiny: Monster Competition XXXVI entry.
    [class]Wisp fire guide: Follow me. I have such sights to show you.
    [class]Ozodrin: A class to play as an eldritch horror.
    other hombrew

11. - Top - End - #911
    Troll in the Playground

Unliving, Giants and Fey
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

12. - Top - End - #912
    Ogre in the Playground

Gods, young and perhaps a little unwise in their power; Giants, young and eager to test their strength and Dragons, young, hungry and predatory.
    Last edited by paddyfool; 2011-07-01 at 04:21 AM.

13. - Top - End - #913
    Orc in the Playground

So for threats my vote goes to... Dragon-Fey!

I kid, though it would be awesome. I guess I'll take Fey over dragons because I love them and I abhor them and it's just awesome to have such confusing and alien, yet vaguely understandable, villains.

Okay. Write-in time. Let's see.

I'm liking this Dreamscape schtuff. Sounds a terribly unique holiday destination.

Now for my attempt! Since I've been all go planet deity I figure I may as well make a write up.

World Deity:More than a rock in space, more than a spirit and more than an ordinary god. The planet itself has awakened to consciousness from the power of her children’s belief.

I'll keep my third vote for now.
    If I had a +1 Pan of Frying I could totally do that!

14. - Top - End - #914
    Orc in the Playground

Fey
    Aberrations

Plus, I think Dreamscapes are really cool. That's three votes, right?
    Last edited by The Anarresti; 2011-06-30 at 06:41 AM.
    My wonderful Avatar is by licoot.

15. - Top - End - #915
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

For threats, I vote for Dragons, Natural and Gods. The last one is because I believe you should be able to kill some gods by the end of the game, relativively easily (moderate optimization).

Edit : I only vote for Gods, since we are only allowed one vote
    Last edited by I, Dashing Cube; 2011-06-30 at 09:48 AM.

16. - Top - End - #916

I'm voting for Fey, Giants, and Humanoids I feel like the Fey could be tied in to the Eldrin, Giants because the gods don't have perspective on size, and Humanoids because they really are the most dangerous things out there.
    I have returned, and plan on focusing on world-building. Issues are being dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    Thread won! I don't think I have the authority to do that but whatever

17. - Top - End - #917
    Dwarf in the Playground

write in World Deity, Dreamscape
    one vote, Aberrations
    Last edited by Ringwrym; 2011-06-30 at 10:04 AM.

18. - Top - End - #918
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Fey , Gods and Dreamscapes Because duelling someone in a dream would be awesome.
    CHAOS!

19. - Top - End - #919
    Orc in the Playground

Threat: The Shatterers. Unknown to all the new races of this recently born reality, there was a time before and a world before. A group of insanely powerful magicians destroyed their world on purpose, in effect unbinding all the energy tied up in the existing forms of their world with intention of remaking their universe as they saw fit. Their project succeeded to a point--they succeeded in releasing all the energies that were keeping their universe manifest and allowed a new universe to come into existence but they failed to establish control over the newly born reality. And now--they want to finish the job and they're prepared to destroy anyone and anything that stands in their way.

Poll write-in: I support the notion of the World Deity concept.
    Last edited by The Witch-King; 2011-06-30 at 09:02 AM.

20. - Top - End - #920
    Titan in the Playground

No, no, no... one vote on the first poll. Three votes/write-ins on the second.

Not tallied, since... well, you know.

Revise those votes, people.
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2011-06-30 at 09:16 AM.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

21. - Top - End - #921
    Ogre in the Playground

Fey, World Deity. That works, right?
    Last edited by Lord Loss; 2011-06-30 at 09:28 AM.
    Bienvenue Au Kébec !!!
    Improve Kébec's Industry!
    Improve Kébec's Transport!
    Improve Kébec's Security!

My Trophies!

Spoiler
    Show

Also, if anyone has any sort of problem at all that they feel like talking about, my PM box is open.

22. - Top - End - #922

MindFlayer

EDIT: Gah! only one vote?!

Um... Natural
    No write-in votes yet...
    Last edited by zyborg; 2011-06-30 at 09:39 AM.
    My characters: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetindex.php?sg=41703

GENERATION 7D: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add applesauce to the generation. This is a social experiment.

23. - Top - End - #923
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

I edited my vote above to gods only.

24. - Top - End - #924
    Dwarf in the Playground

Edits complete

25. - Top - End - #925
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Oops sorry

Fey.

Dreamscapes.
    CHAOS!

26. - Top - End - #926
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'm going to vote for Natural, the world itself is a living breathing place that is death to the unwary.

I'm also going to write in Humans, not humanoid, but the human race itself which the build team decided to stick into the setting regardless of any votes made. If we must have humans, I'd rather see a different take on them than "The adaptable race that gets along with everyone except those EVIL orcs. But they'll still have sex with them." I'd love to see humans themselves as an invading race, who was not natural to the world, but are trying to take it over from the original inhabitants, or something along those lines.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

27. - Top - End - #927
    Titan in the Playground

Aberrations. With the roiling chaos outside of the jungle, certainly something must live there.

Write-In: Spirits. With infinite gods, the weaker gods must manifest somehow, generally in a spiritual form made up wholly or partially of their portfolio: a spirit of pain consists of an amalgamation of sharp stone, talons, and fire; a spirit of rain amounts to a fluid, shifting pile of water that travels from place to place by leaping, raining down, and then reforming.
    Last edited by Fax Celestis; 2011-06-30 at 10:22 AM.

28. - Top - End - #928
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    I'm also going to write in Humans, not humanoid, but the human race itself which the build team decided to stick into the setting regardless of any votes made. If we must have humans, I'd rather see a different take on them than "The adaptable race that gets along with everyone except those EVIL orcs. But they'll still have sex with them." I'd love to see humans themselves as an invading race, who was not natural to the world, but are trying to take it over from the original inhabitants, or something along those lines.
    Humans as Aberrations! Humans were made in this world, time magic happens, they return from another dimension, invading it.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

29. - Top - End - #929
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Natural

Write-in: A Hostile World Deity who opposes the work of the gods and their followers and actively tries to destroy them with new creations.

30. - Top - End - #930
    Titan in the Playground

Classic Monsters - Gods are a bit too ubiquitous here to be the big bads. Yes, I know that logic isn't air-tight, but I can't explain it better. Who is to say what is really an aberration and what is going to become perfectly normal? Giants are bigger humanoids, and I want to forge our own mix, not lean on Greco-Roman (titans) and Norse(frost giants) stuff TOO much for our plot.

Available adventuring location: Dreamscapes - sound fine to me and work well into the theme I am touting about "you hold part of the very clay of creation in your hands".
    Biome: Arctic Forest - Ecology, biology, climatology, etc say "Low bio-density"... the power of original creation says "Teaming with Life".
    Race: The Colors Purple - The mechanics aren't as clear as I would like (so will need tightening up), but these guys show just how weird and wonderful this world is... a COLOR is literally a RACE in this case...
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2011-06-30 at 10:38 AM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.