Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1487
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XI: "Mmph!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak586 View Post
    Teaser for my fanfic I am working on:
    Spoiler
    Show

Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and Applejack were cleaning up the library after a storm that came roaring through Ponyvill. They had to individually dry each page in the books, and then put them back on the appropriate shelf.
    “Ah can’t believe that the storm broke all the windows!”
    “Neither can I, now there’s glass everywhere!”
    “I just hope the books are okay……”
    “Don’t worry, Twilight! We’ll be able to put everything back the way it was!”
    “Especially with me here, we’ll have it done in no time!”
    They had just put away the last book when Applebloom walked in, she had something in her saddlebags too.
    “Hey there Applebloom, what yew got there sis’?”
    “Something ah want you guys to try, it’s called Caverns and Centaurs!”
    Twilight gave a small frown.
    “I don’t know, I’ve read some books about it, and there’s people who say that it’s evil…..”
    “That’s hogwash! Just play it, and then you’ll see there is nothing to worry about!”
    “Well, we did just finish up here, I guess we could play.”
    “Ahright lil’ sis’, show us how to play.”
    ---2 Hours Later---
    After taking some time to teach them, and to help them create their character sheets, Applebloom set up her CM screen and got out the dice. She also grabbed snacks and drinks. She set them down on the table where everypony else was sitting. Applejack had chosen to be a paladin, Twilight; a wizard, Rarity; an enchantress, Rainbow Dash; a ranger, and Pinkie Pie; a psion. They each took a set of dice from the dice Applebloom brought, and rolled them a couple times nervously to get used to them. Applebloom cleared her throat, somehow making her accent not apparent in her voice.
    “You all met in a tavern, and decided to help fight the dragon on the edge of town together. This task was given to you by the lord of the town himself, for the dragon had been burning crops on the edge of town-“
    “That fiend! What will all the ponies do without their apples!”
    “Sister, please talk in character!”
    Applejack cleared her throat, her voice rang clear without her usual speech.
    “My fellows, we shall defeat this beast, lest he creates more trouble!”
    Applebloom hoofpalmed.
    “Just, just let me finish, sis’.”
    She cleared her throat again.
    “For the dragon had been burning crops on the edge of town. Your reward for the job is being able to take all you want from the dragon’s hoard, which is rumored to be large.”

Anyone have a suggestion on how I can do Applejack's and Applebloom's accents right? I'm having a hard time with that.
    Two things, first, mention who is talking more - particularly in that opening scene. Second, it's a facehoof, not a hoofpalm (don't tell me how that would work, please).

Edit: Ooh, page 49, care to give hints on the next thread's title Oh Great and Powerful Trixie?
    Last edited by ScionoftheVoid; 2011-06-25 at 11:52 AM.

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Ettin in the Playground

My Little Pony XII: You Ponies are CRAZY!

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Son, this is the pony thread! We got images to dump, stories to write, newcomers to welcome, parties to throw, ropes to tie, theories to spawn, debates to be had, crazy to go, pink ones to be obeyed, films to noir, ropes to cut, and ponies to pony! We ain't got time for sleep!
    Sounds like our new thread anthem to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Like to see how you'd all handle a surprise attack direct hit from an orbital enemity cannon that fired hate-charged negative energy and shadow energy...rassumfrassum livin's...mumblemumblegripemoancomplain...
    Spoiler
    Show
    On the Bridge of Aotrs' command ship, a door opens, and someone looking remarkably like an earth pony comes out.
    "Commander." he bows. "My espionage has finally bore fruit. Despite as much investigation as I can, I can't find anypony willing to aid our campaign... save one pegasus, and I fear she's insane. She's willing to join our campaign wholesale for merely two boons: Control of the planet, and something she refers to as 'shipping rights' for our entire fleet, which I assume is a trade term I'm unfamiliar with. I normally wouldn't recommend we deal with anypony below our technology level, but... look at this."

He hands over a small device, containing a single recording, and sets it to play. The image of an orbiting weapon, camofluaged against the night sky, appears, and then fades away to show a lush and verdant forest. The barrel of the weapon begins to glow, to glow dark...
    Spoiler
    Show

"...and as you can see, commander... the destruction is total. Trees turned to deadwood, animals changed to monstrosities. It is said that a pony caught in the blast is reduced to their baser, darker instincts of hate, fear and lust. But it appears to work off of some form of negative energy... so I'm sure you can see the appeal. Well, commander?" asks the agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    I'm curious, has anyone shipped Rainbow Dash/Trixie yet?
    Because I think that is the only RD ship yet to happen.
    Of course, their respective egos make that impossible.
    "Oh, Rainbow..."
    "Oh, Trixie... you're the only one good enough for me."
    "No-one but you deserves the Great and Powerful Trixi-oooooohhhhh....."
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Ettin in the Playground

What is it about MLP that makes youtube captions so.....youtube caption-y?
    Apparently Equstria wants to invade Kansas.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Ettin in the Playground

So NPR's Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me had some more segments on ponies this week. Bill Clinton was asked a few (admittedly very easy) MLP: FIM questions on Not My Job, and then they had a segment as a sort of apology for last week talking with a former intern who is a brony (who, while unemployed and living in his mother's basement, is not the ponies fault).

In related news, there needs to be a pony who makes "My Even Tinier Ponies" toys in Equestia.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Barbarian in the Playground

Alright, so I made the suggestions to show who is talking when. It should be quite more clear of who is talking now.
    Spoiler
    Show

Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and Applejack were cleaning up the library after a storm that came roaring through Ponyvill. They had to individually dry each page in the books, and then put them back on the appropriate shelf.
    “Ah can’t believe that the storm broke all the windows!”
    “Neither can I, now there’s glass everywhere!” Rarity said while sweeping up some glass with a flick of her tail. Twilight looked around and gave a small frown at the mess.
    “I just hope the books are okay……”
    “Don’t worry, Twilight! We’ll be able to put everything back the way it was!” Pinkie Pie said, while jumping up to put some books on a shelf. Rainbow Dash dried a bunch of books at one time with her wings.
    “Especially with me here, we’ll have it done in no time!” said Rainbow Dash, drying another book. They had just put away the last book when Applebloom walked in, she had something in her saddlebags too. Applejack turned to greet her.
    “Hey there Applebloom, what yew got there sis’?”
    “Something ah want you guys to try, it’s called Caverns and Centaurs!”
    Twilight gave a small frown.
    “I don’t know, I’ve read some books about it, and there’s people who say that it’s evil…..” Twilight said with a frown, this caused Applebloom to get annoyed a little.
    “That’s hogwash! Just play it, and then you’ll see there is nothing to worry about!”
    “Well, we did just finish up here, I guess we could play.” Rarity said, giving the room one last sweep with her eyes.
    “Ahright lil’ sis’, show us how to play.”
    ---2 Hours Later---
    After taking some time to teach them, and to help them create their character sheets, Applebloom set up her CM screen and got out the dice. She also grabbed snacks and drinks. She set them down on the table where everypony else was sitting. Applejack had chosen to be a paladin, Twilight; a wizard, Rarity; an enchantress, Rainbow Dash; a ranger, and Pinkie Pie; a psion. They each took a set of dice from the dice Applebloom brought, and rolled them a couple times nervously to get used to them. Applebloom cleared her throat, somehow making her accent not apparent in her voice.
    “You all met in a tavern, and decided to help fight the dragon on the edge of town together. This task was given to you by the lord of the town himself, for the dragon had been burning crops on the edge of town-“
    “That fiend! What will all the ponies do without their apples!”
    “Sister, please talk in character!”
    Applejack cleared her throat, her voice rang clear without her usual speech.
    “My fellows, we shall defeat this beast, lest he creates more trouble!”
    Applebloom facehooved.
    “Just, just let me finish, sis’.”
    She cleared her throat again.
    “For the dragon had been burning crops on the edge of town. Your reward for the job is being able to take all you want from the dragon’s hoard, which is rumored to be large.”

Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

So many ponies. The bronyconvention filled up the venue to the max.

Now I have to figure out if I should buy a Zecora doll.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Troll in the Playground

Ooooh! Shiny new OP image!

In other news, apparently the weather ponies have picked up the slack around here. It's a genuinely nice day (for now).
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Firbolg in the Playground

It seems ponies hang around the farm long after they can't help with a lot of the farming stuff.

Granny Smith, Mac, AB, and AJ are the only ponies there.

Applejack seems to be extremely insistent on playing the 'overprotective super sister'

The estranged Manehatten family was really quick to take in Applejack for some reason.

What happened to Applejack's parents when Applebloom was a baby?
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    It seems ponies hang around the farm long after they can't help with a lot of the farming stuff.

Applejack seems to be extremely insistent on playing the 'overprotective super sister'

The estranged Manehatten family was really quick to take in Applejack for some reason.

They went on adventures across the globe, finding ancient temples and plundering treasures and wonders from them the likes of which pony eyes have never seen before while outwitting and outlasting the likes of temple guardians and intricate and deadly traps.

Applejack is, of course, disgusted because ma and pa didn't have the decency to stay home and buck apples all day like normal folk.

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    They went on adventures across the globe, finding ancient temples and plundering treasures and wonders from them the likes of which pony eyes have never seen before while outwitting and outlasting the likes of temple guardians and intricate and deadly traps.

Applejack is, of course, disgusted because ma and pa didn't have the decency to stay home and buck apples all day like normal folk.
    So you're saying the Apple family are essentially hobbits?

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    On the Bridge of Aotrs' command ship, a door opens, and someone looking remarkably like an earth pony comes out.
    "Commander." he bows. "My espionage has finally bore fruit. Despite as much investigation as I can, I can't find anypony willing to aid our campaign... save one pegasus, and I fear she's insane. She's willing to join our campaign wholesale for merely two boons: Control of the planet, and something she refers to as 'shipping rights' for our entire fleet, which I assume is a trade term I'm unfamiliar with. I normally wouldn't recommend we deal with anypony below our technology level, but... look at this."

He hands over a small device, containing a single recording, and sets it to play. The image of an orbiting weapon, camofluaged against the night sky, appears, and then fades away to show a lush and verdant forest. The barrel of the weapon begins to glow, to glow dark...
    Spoiler
    Show

"...and as you can see, commander... the destruction is total. Trees turned to deadwood, animals changed to monstrosities. It is said that a pony caught in the blast is reduced to their baser, darker instincts of hate, fear and lust. But it appears to work off of some form of negative energy... so I'm sure you can see the appeal. Well, commander?" asks the agent.
    s'good job, captain elephantpotato, you get a premonition as soon as the room stops spinning and then we can wibble fniggets bimble spanddleflarg.

Ouch.

Will you people STOP DOING THAT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Since he's indisposed, I'll point out he's spirit-bound, so no phylactery to steal...
    And because you remembered that, I'll kill you last.

Well, penulitimately. I think I promosed DarthBobCat I'd kill him last.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Pardon?

Being... 'indisposed' is the best time to steal one :P
    What he means is, that as a Spirit-Bound, not Phylactery- or Horcrux-Bound, I don't, in fact, have one.

I'm not sure how to tell you this, Trixie, but that jar you swiped, with the organs in it? Well, hilarious although it wouldn't be at this juncture to make some tired joke about "Trixie having stolen my heart", I fear I should point out that those are not actually mine...

Oh, and Gadora? I'd be really impressed with your neeming a guy when he's down as a credit to Evil. Except it was me you shot. I'm watching you.

Oh, and to be on the safe side... War Droids? You and you stand there and there and extend and overlap your shields. Light Immunity True. Holy Immunity True. Thaumic Dispersion Sphere V. Shield XX. C&C, raise the station's shields. There, that should provide some insurance against any more...incidents.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-06-25 at 01:33 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1454

Hopefully it won't end up in a depressing episode like it did in Hey Arnold.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ScionoftheVoid View Post
    So you're saying the Apple family are essentially hobbits?
    It makes sense when you think about it. They certainly have a fondness for tradition. Also pies.

There are no sad endings in My Little Pony. Except in fanfiction.

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Titan in the Playground

Or an inconclusive and bland one like Powerpuff Girls or Samurai Jack did.

At least KND had a cool finale...

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Ogre in the Playground

I think they died in a severe break-out of the accursed Absent Parents illness, just like Rarity's, RD's and Fluttershy's parents. The Pie family wasn't affected because they lived to isolated, and Twilight's parents could be cured, because Canterlot as the capital has the means to storage the volatile antidote, Narrative Usefulness.
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Troll in the Playground

My fanon is that Applejack's mom died giving birth to Apple Bloom and her father died at some point (either before or after) when a rotten tree branch that he didn't notice fell on him.

Not on his head, though. 'Cause Applejack got her pappy's hat.

Also, I increasingly think the Oranges are actually nice ponies. Just rich upper class twits.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Banned

So I'm at Episode 4, and Rainbow Dash saying "So awesome!" has been my favorite part so far.

20. - Top - End - #1460

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    My fanon is that Applejack's mom died giving birth to Apple Bloom and her father died at some point (either before or after) when a rotten tree branch that he didn't notice fell on him.

Not on his head, though. 'Cause Applejack got her pappy's hat.

Also, I increasingly think the Oranges are actually nice ponies. Just rich upper class twits.
    Well yah, they were obviously Applejack's godponies.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Troll in the Playground

Well yah, they were obviously Applejack's godponies.
    What really cements them as nice is that I don't think they take it personally when Applejack refused their offer.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Ettin in the Playground

What really cements them as nice is that I don't think they take it personally when Applejack refused their offer.
    I always figured they let her come with the understanding that finding out what being a true socialite would entail would send her running back to the farm.

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Troll in the Playground

I always figured they let her come with the understanding that finding out what being a true socialite would entail would send her running back to the farm.
    ... I can see it now.

Friend: Do I really have to say I don't know what a rooster is?

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Troll in the Playground

And because you remembered that, I'll kill you last.

Well, penulitimately. I think I promosed DarthBobCat I'd kill him last.
    Oh you. I'm sure you say that to all the robotic constructs that unleash orbital happiness in your direction...

Quote Originally Posted by AThousandWords View Post
    So I'm at Episode 4, and Rainbow Dash saying "So awesome!" has been my favorite part so far.
    Glad you're liking it. The show continues to improve as you move forward in episodes, and RD is certainly a part of that.

That's actually always been my impression. It seemed like they were just more out of touch with AJ's background than trying to be jerks.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Ogre in the Playground

More cupcakes!

Spoiler
    Show
    ― Joseph Stalin

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Ogre in the Playground

Reminds me of ...

... yeah, Hey Arnold!

I think this wold make for a fun fanfic, too. Frame it in Applejack reading her parent's scrapbook/diary, and serialize her parent's amazing Indiana Jones-esque adventures. I'd be tempted to have her parents show up in person at the end, though, instead of the teartastic cliffhanger from HA.

Or an inconclusive and bland one like Powerpuff Girls or Samurai Jack did.

At least KND had a cool finale...
    KND was the first I thought to myself "this show deserves my respect."

Instead of just dying off slowly like most cartoons, it managed to not only have a clear ending, but also pulled off a multiple-episode story-arc that concluded the adventures of the main cast while also tying up just about every dangling plot thread left over from the series. It was truly impressive (to me, at least) that what started as a gag-a-week show matured into a such a detailed and consistent world. Mr. Warburton (and/or whomever else worked on the show) had the dedication to say "this is the end," and stick to it. That is impressive.

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

... I can see it now.

Friend: Do I really have to say I don't know what a rooster is?
    Whether it's true or not, this is now my interpretation of the Oranges and their friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Welf View Post
    More cupcakes!

Spoiler
    Show
    I find the bloody font hilarious, but why would it look that way?

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Titan in the Playground

Also, that's the title on the back cover. Does that mean ponies read right to left?
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    KND was the first I thought to myself "this show deserves my respect."

Instead of just dying off slowly like most cartoons, it managed to not only have a clear ending, but also pulled off a multiple-episode story-arc that concluded the adventures of the main cast while also tying up just about every dangling plot thread left over from the series. It was truly impressive (to me, at least) that what started as a gag-a-week show matured into a such a detailed and consistent world. Mr. Warburton (and/or whomever else worked on the show) had the dedication to say "this is the end," and stick to it. That is impressive.
    I love that show. Not only did they manage to totally subvert the whole "kids misunderstand stuff" sub-genera, but managed to have action sequences that were utterly silly in premise, yet done with enough weight as to be awesome.

I still find the episode that ended up in the Death Star run on the teenager's school "Operation: E.L.E.C.T.I.O.N.S." to be rib-crackingly hilarious every time.

Quote Originally Posted by AThousandWords View Post
    Somebody want to handle the induction?

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Welf View Post
    More cupcakes!

Spoiler
    Show
    Cute. Really cute.

This is kind of humour I expect to see in the show to be honest. (I can imagine the show creators inserting some fanon humour and then subvert it in a pony way.)