New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Dromites

1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Dromites

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/ps...s.htm#dromites
    I want to make these little buggers more like termites. I'm going to lose the -2 wis, energy ray/resistance and their power point. Instead I want to give them a special enzyme spray (anyone see Antz?) that only effects wood. It should disolve wooden doors & sheilds and deal a lot of damage to wooden plants and constructs. wood treated with the iron wood spell would be immune to the spray. Does anyone have an idea how this should work mechanically? I would like this be an at-will ability.
    Last edited by hivedragon; 2011-06-28 at 04:02 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Dromites

At will? 5-ft cone, deals 1d4 damage. Reflex save Constitution-based. Instead of dealing damage to hp it lowers the wood's hardness. Once the wood hits hardness 0, it's destroyed. State it only affects wooden items. Bam. Done.
    My latest homebrew: Majokko base class and Spellcaster Dilettante feats for D&D 3.5 and Races as Classes for PTU.

Currently Playing
    Raiatari Eikibe - Ghostfoot's RHOD Righteous Resistance

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Do enhancement bonuses still add to the hardness of wooden items? Because otherwise it is pretty good for killing some shields, wands, and staves.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

I'd up the damage (to hardness) to 1d12+con mod since dromites have an LA and the attack is far more specific when compared to a level 1 warlock's eldritch blast.
    Last edited by hivedragon; 2011-06-28 at 10:03 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

@: DracoDei: I assume so, but I honestly don't know offhand. I sure hope that magic items are still harder to break than mundane items.

Quote Originally Posted by hivedragon View Post
    I'd up the damage (to hardness) to 1d12+con mod since dromites have an LA and the attack is far more specific when compared to a level 1 warlock's eldritch blast.
    Not after losing energy resistance, energy ray, and the power point they're not. If you want to up the damage, g'head, but that still doesn't quite warrant LA +1.

If you're wanting them more like termites, why a bonus to Charisma? Seems dwarf would be a chassis a bit closer to what you're going for than dromite.
    My latest homebrew: Majokko base class and Spellcaster Dilettante feats for D&D 3.5 and Races as Classes for PTU.

Currently Playing
    Raiatari Eikibe - Ghostfoot's RHOD Righteous Resistance