New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Gaiden: Do you feel lucky, punk?

"...I guess he's not coming out.

Qing Di should know how to find me eventually. It may be a couple of days until then, but I'll keep an eye out anyway. With the cloak-and-dagger bit finished at this point, it should be reasonably safe for me to reveal my presence as is.

Speaking of keeping an eye out, you should get back to the orphanage at least until I'm done with Raghdu and Qing Di. I won't be going with you for obvious reasons - I'd just be drawing enemy fire. But I won't be far either. If they decide to pull something against you and the children, I will be stepping in."

He turned and shot a glare in Raghdu's general direction. It was the kind of glare to chill the souls of lesser men. Though it was fairly obvious there was no way the Shinigami could have spotted the sniper in the middle of the night, however clear the sky was and however full the moon had become, it was still unnerving to think that he might have done just that.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

2. - Top - End - #152
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

When Qing Fu returns to their base, he finds his brother unmasked and arm-less, but a wavy layer of air as if wafting off a very hot surface surrounds Qing Di.

As Qing Di remains kneeling on the ground, a man with a build and missing right arm wearing Qing Di's mask stands over Qing Fu's brother nodding in approval as he feeds him buns. This man must be Qing Di's Master, the one who taught him everything.

Noticing his brother back, Qing Di smiles. "Brother, I have awakened my reiatsu!"

"Yes but you are not ready to face Kazuma. I will fight him in your stead, send him back with a clear message that Qing Di is not to be messed with. With the Second's death, I will replace you. And I will send you to the Shinigami Academy."

Qing Di's jaw drops as he stares at his master in surprise. "The Shinigami Academy? Why?"

"You might be armless, but you are still very young and have a foundation that stands you far ahead of your peers. The Shooting Stars can only be completed with someone with proper Shinigami training. The Second died facing a Shinigami. You are lucky Kazuma did not use his blades." comes the tone of finality.

"And the Shigokuou will have an agent right in the ranks of the Shinigami..." Qing Di reasons after calming down. He is not worried about facing Kazuma, neither is he worried that Master will face him as well.

The master nods his head and Qing Di looks at Qing Fu with determination in his eyes. "Brother did you hear that? "
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-08-18 at 06:30 AM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

The sniper isn't bothered in the slightest by Kazuma's uncanny glance. He'd be glaring angrily at everything before achieving his goals; if the sniper would allow it to get to himself, it'd only work in the Shinigami's favor.

As it doesn't seem like he's getting his shot tonight, he lays down his bow, takes a small flask and a crumb of bread from his pocket and starts eating. Tracking down the Shinigami again would not be much of a problem - he'd keep making a big deal of himself until the sniper would respond to his taunts.

But the sniper would not do that until the time and place would be in his favor. He couldn't care less for the preaching of the arrogant reaper. Ultimately, there's no reason for him to do anything - Shinigami had tried tracking him down in Zaraki before, and all had failed.

The Outer Ring is vast, and it most certainly isn't in Kazuma's favor...
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

4. - Top - End - #154
    Orc in the Playground

Raghdu was right in biding his time. Kazuma would eventually tire of looking over his shoulder, right?

Right?

There was something to be said for the others who came before him, though. At no given time did they ever really know what to look for.

Kazuma may not be the sharpest tack in the box, either in an academic or strategic sense. This is what has held his promotion back the most - he was content to fling himself at the enemy and inflict as much damage as possible before being forced to retreat. He was more powerful than his seat might suggest, but he quite simply lacked the leadership skills one would expect of a lower-seated.

But there was one thing his brain wasn't dull for. And that was battle itself.

It would be interesting to note that Kazuma's constant training was his own way of forcing his instincts to learn beyond the limit of wild reaction. His swordsmanship was honed by a mix of dedication and talent that was difficult to match within the Gotei. Kazuma quite simply didn't know when to stop. His body would learn to think for him where his mind was not fast enough. This is why a sniper seemed to be the least of his worries. Sniping was an art of opportunity, whether created or foreseen. It relied on the element of surprise and, in a prolonged battle, on the psychological effect of an unseen hunter to be effective.

But for a while now, Kazuma had dedicated his mind solely to the exercise of devising new techniques and methods of battle. His body fought practically on its own. Separation of body and mind - a state often sought-after, frustratingly so, by those who think too much. When he fought, he did not think. No hesitation.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    When Qing Fu returns to their base, he finds his brother unmasked and arm-less, but a wavy layer of air as if wafting off a very hot surface surrounds Qing Di.

As Qing Di remains kneeling on the ground, a man with a build and missing right arm wearing Qing Di's mask stands over Qing Fu's brother nodding in approval as he feeds him buns. This man must be Qing Di's Master, the one who taught him everything.

Noticing his brother back, Qing Di smiles. "Brother, I have awakened my reiatsu!"

"Yes but you are not ready to face Kazuma. I will fight him in your stead, send him back with a clear message that Qing Di is not to be messed with. With the Second's death, I will replace you. And I will send you to the Shinigami Academy."

Qing Di's jaw drops as he stares at his master in surprise. "The Shinigami Academy? Why?"

"You might be armless, but you are still very young and have a foundation that stands you far ahead of your peers. The Shooting Stars can only be completed with someone with proper Shinigami training. The Second died facing a Shinigami. You are lucky Kazuma did not use his blades." comes the tone of finality.

"And the Shigokuou will have an agent right in the ranks of the Shinigami..." Qing Di reasons after calming down. He is not worried about facing Kazuma, neither is he worried that Master will face him as well.

The master nods his head and Qing Di looks at Qing Fu with determination in his eyes. "Brother did you hear that? "
    Qing Fu smiles briefly, though the expression does not meet his eyes. He had only meant to pay Qing Di a visit; it seemed that he would need to give his younger brother some measure of advice as well.

"I suppose so. I do wish you wouldn't speak of the four kings as though we were some sort of allied unit, but for your purposes, it would be useful to gain shinigami training. Kazuma-chan could never have defeated you as thoroughly before he was taught in the Seireitei; perhaps you could learn the refined skills that he has picked up. I would advise disguising yourself as thoroughly as you can before seeking entrance, Qing Di."
    Last edited by Sucrose; 2011-08-21 at 08:09 PM.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #156
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Sucrose View Post
    Qing Fu smiles briefly, though the expression does not meet his eyes. He had only meant to pay Qing Di a visit; it seemed that he would need to give his younger brother some measure of advice as well.

"I suppose so. I do wish you wouldn't speak of the four kings as though we were some sort of allied unit, but for your purposes, it would be useful to gain shinigami training. Kazuma-chan could never have defeated you as thoroughly before he was taught in the Seireitei; perhaps you could learn the refined skills that he has picked up. I would advise disguising yourself as thoroughly as you can before seeking entrance, Qing Di."
    Qing Di nods as he gets up, and since nobody has a record of what Qing Di ever looks like, a new name would suffice.

"When you are there, keep an eye out for this particular 2nd Division member by the name of Fujiwara Akira. She should be Vice Captain if not Captain by now. Be wary of her. Do not display your Shooting Stars where she could see. And she is as deadly as she is beautiful. And if you do have a chance to kill her without anyone knowing. Do it." Qing Di's master utters directly at Qing Di's ear before fading into the shadows and disappearing.

Qing Di, now Asakura Reiji, nods and leaves the area, heading down to the Shinigami Academy, still excited and awestruck with the sensation of reiryoku coursing through his body.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

7. - Top - End - #157
    Orc in the Playground

And so, Kazuma waited. He picked a suitably deserted location roughly a kilometer away from the orphanage, and simply sat there, occasionally getting a bite to eat.

Like he was expecting someone.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #158
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

A stone flashed past Kazuma as he waited, it flew faster than even an arrow fired from a bow with a very strong pull.

A fair distance ahead, Qing Di limbers up, putting on a show as if it wasn't him who kicked that stone.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

9. - Top - End - #159
    Orc in the Playground

Kazuma opened his eyes. He seemed unfazed by the threat.

...hm?

There's something different about this guy. He couldn't possibly have healed that fast...

"Are you ready to give your final answer now? I should warn you that this time you might actually die."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #160
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

With his reiatsu suppressed, Qing Di launches into a flying kick letting his already strengthened muscles and consistently brutal training take the lead.

Wearing a pair of steel boots, the impact hits like a sledgehammer.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

11. - Top - End - #161
    Orc in the Playground

Assuming it hits, of course.

Kazuma blocks with the sheath of his Zanpakutou. His arm tenses as he nullifies the impact with a shift of his own.

"...where's the man who fought me the night before yesterday?

You may look like him. You may fight like him. You may train like him. You may strike like him. But you're not him. That impact was all I needed to know."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #162
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Qing Di did not expect such a quick block, this man did truly come a long way since becoming a Shinigami.

Keeping the striking foot on the sheathe, Qing Di launches another kick below it, catching Kazuma on the stomach with an impact less than a sledgehammer.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

13. - Top - End - #163
    Orc in the Playground

It wasn't entirely unexpected. Kazuma clenched his abdominal muscles quickly enough that he could prevent major internal organ damage, but it was still going to be sore in the morning.

"I'm going to give you a single chance to answer me. They say Buddha forgives you twice. But I'm neither Buddhist nor merciful."
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2011-08-23 at 07:14 PM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #164
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    It wasn't entirely unexpected. Kazuma clenched his abdominal muscles quickly enough that he could prevent major internal organ damage, but it was still going to be sore in the morning.

"I'm going to give you a single chance to answer me. They say Buddha forgives you twice. But I'm neither Buddhist nor merciful."
    "My disciple passed away from severe internal injuries and skeletal damage. I am his master. Qing Di lives!" comes the roar of declaration as Qing Di launches his kick upwards towards Kazuma's zanpakuto sheathe. His left hand shoots forward in a palm thrust right at Kazuma's chest as well.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

15. - Top - End - #165
    Orc in the Playground

Cute. He intends to keep me in place to keep me from dodging. But...

Kazuma wasn't an idiot. He turned his sword sideways so the kick would slide along the sheath and away from him. The palm thrust was actually used to his advantage - the sword was placed between him and Qing Di so that he could use the impact strength to gain distance by lifting his feet slightly off the ground.

"Somehow I doubt that. I know exactly what I did to him. But in honor of your student, this time, I will use my full strength.

Chissokuse yo, Sazan'ou!!"

With a slight flourish, the sword seemed to change from the hilt onwards, quickly transforming into a kusari-gama.

"The First Sinner. Shackle."

And then... the kusari-gama became a nodachi once again. This one, however, looked different - it had a deep blue saya (sheath) with a dark purple cloth wrapped around its upper half, and a similarly colored tsuka (hilt)
    and a plain black tsuba (guard).

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #166
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

The following attacks seems to ooze the presence of awakened reiryoku. And as far as Kazuma can tell, this Qing Di would probably make it as best as 20th seat and no more.

Not giving Kazuma time to breath as his Zanpakuto changes shape, Qing Di disappears in shunpo and reappears as two of him, each launching a vicious flying kick at Kazuma's chest and back, with the figure at the back disappearing after the kick. The kicks now have a lot more force behind them, attempting to wedge Kazuma between two strong points of impact and flinging him downwards as well.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

17. - Top - End - #167
    Orc in the Playground

This man... he was clearly cut of sturdier cloth than the "previous" Qing Di. Indeed, his pressure strategy proved solid already - with a sword that large, surely Kazuma had no room for countering...

...right?

"Garyuu Zanjutsu: Gekkarinsen!"

With a shift in stance, Kazuma dodged to the side, a loud ringing sound not unlike that of a khakkhara as it slid out of its sheath with a silvery light not unlike that of the moon itself. It described a perfect circle aimed at both his opponent and its afterimage; yet just as quickly the blade had returned to its resting place...

The speed with which it was drawn seemed to be given a boost proportional to Qing Di's oozing Reiryoku.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gekkarinsen: Moonlight Ring Flash
    Garyuu: Self-styled, self-taught style
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2011-08-23 at 10:48 PM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #168
    Barbarian in the Playground

Junichiro snores away the day at the squad 3 barracks.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Qing Di sidesteps the circular slash with a clean cut downwards on his clean rags, or rags as clean as can be while still being rags.

In retaliation, Qing Di kicks at the weapon as it enters its sheathe to prevent it from being drawn again and uses the footing as pivot to deliver a close quarter roundhouse kick at Kazuma's face.

The speed of the spin, is pretty damn fast.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

20. - Top - End - #170
    Orc in the Playground

Something... odd happens when Qing Di kicks at the weapon. It seems to rush involuntarily towards his foot, sticking to it like a magnet. While no doubt he can still pivot around the weapon, there just might be enough of a strangeness to it that he hesitates for a fraction of a second. Less, perhaps.

This grants Kazuma just enough time to put up his left arm to block. The impact and speed tear at his shoulder, producing a gash that leaks a worrisome amount of blood. The cut isn't very deep, but it's at a worrisome location...

Kazuma decides to use shunpo to gain some distance again from his opponent.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #171
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

As Kazuma backed away with Shunpo, Qing Di did not follow, but instead took a running dash as a starter and launched another flying kick at Kazuma's face.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

22. - Top - End - #172
    Orc in the Playground

That was quite possibly the biggest mistake Qing Di could have ever made.

"Thanks for the edge you gave me, by the way."

With a sudden burst of Reiatsu, Kazuma's clothes tear and rip above the waist, exposing a mostly scar-free torso. But more importantly, it exposes his wounded arm, the blood dripping onto the space between sheath and blade.

"Houken!"

Kazuma's left foot slid backwards a little as he fell into battoujutsu position... and launched.

His motion was difficult to follow, even considering shunpo. He was more blurring than man at one point - no doubt using that technique he'd devised.

Except this time, he wielded a blade.

"JAYOKUHOU TENJIN: KESSANKAI!!"

Despite his announcement in advance, there was no space left to dodge. Qing Di would fully understand he'd been well within Kazuma's kill range since before he started his dash.

You see, that technique bordered on cheating. But we'll get to that in a moment.

What's important is to know that the blade was aimed to produce three large gashes in his chest, not unlike a claw.

What Kazuma did was use his own blood to 'oil' the blade. With that, he could diminish the friction between sheath and sword, which added considerable speed to his already honed draw. Not only that, he used the rotational power of Houken to accelerate even further. And as if to add insult to injury, Kazuma's blade "broke" into what could only be described as a chain sword, speeding towards its target attracted to his Reiatsu.

And yet it didn't stop there. See, once the blood slid along the edge, it was forcibly expelled by the rotation itself. The velocity at which it was done essentially shot it out at a speed that could very well cut from the sheer pressure of the air resistance around it.

Kazuma halted on the other side, facing his opponent as the blade almost seemed to "seal" itself into the sheath, only an inch or so out, with Kazuma's thumb upon the guard.

"Don't worry - you'll live. I still need you to."

And then his thumb slid against the guard, finally sheathing his blade all the way.

Spoiler
    Show
    Jayoukuhou Tenjin: Snake Greed Method Celestial Blade
    Kessankai: Blood's Three Revolutions
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2011-08-24 at 06:07 PM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #173
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

A massive blast of blood sprays into the air as Qing Di lands on the ground right at Kazuma's feet. Some of it even on Kazuma's face. And with the speed of Kazuma's strike being so vicious and swift, there's no way he could feel the resistance of flesh against zanpakuto.

Kazuma did not feel the oddly dense 'flesh' that his blades cut through, but he certainly could taste corn syrup on his face. Maybe Qing Di's blood tastes like corn syrup.

And there laying on his back, the cut up rags slide off to reveal an inch-thick steel breastplate, totally messed up in thick chunks as it slides off Qing Di's well-built and heavily scarred torso. Iron fan slash wounds mostly, with three fresh lines oozing some blood. It is not fair to say that Kazuma's blades did not draw blood, its more like they drew corn syrup before blood decides to show up late with sleep in its eyes.

"Shooting Stars Strike! Start Up!" Qing Di smiles behind his mask as he performs a devastating up-kick right at Kazuma's stomach, launching him right up into the air. Quickly following up with a Shunpo, Qing Di launches into a total of nine but relatively weaker kicks around Kazuma's body and a final downward heel kick at his abdomen to send him blazing downwards onto the ground, possible creating a crater in the process.

Some blood trickles down from the mask that Qing Di wears. He got hit harder than mere oozing blood suggests.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

24. - Top - End - #174
    Orc in the Playground

Despite his instincts, Kazuma had a hard time believing the man was not on his knees yet. That's why that vicious kick sent him flying violently upwards. He had been stunned just long enough. With the air kicked out of his lungs, he was seeing stars, making defense rather difficult, much less counterattacking. Only the experience and the deeply ingrained understanding that he was under assault kept his body reacting to the assault, tightening muscles to lessen the strength of each hit. With each second, he regained a little more breath. By the time Qing Di sent him shooting down, Kazuma was already better off than when he was first sent up.

There was a crater where he landed, alright, but Kazuma was standing in it.

And he sported a vicious, yet contented smile that could chill the soul of lesser men.

He held his sheathed sword above his head. Then he pulled it back a little, and suddenly unsheathed as though from his back.

"Garyuu Zanjutsu: Shingetsusen!!"

The same ringing and the same silvery light spilled forth as the blade unfolded and whipped in a violent arc like before. Only this time, since it was a single slash instead of three, it needed no refraining - the blade would seek out Qing Di's Reiatsu with full force!

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #175
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

While Kazuma is wasting time yelling out the name of his attacks, and the time it took for him to crash-standing into the ground, and the time prepping that ridicuously powerful attack. Qing Di used his air time to release the bindings around his legs.

Leg weights, pure lead rods, start stabbing downwards from the air. Most of the rods disintegrated from contact with Kazuma's attack, the rest clanged helplessly against the blade. Well not so helpless. Past experience dictates that it takes far less energy to divert a straight attack than to stop it entirely. The attack is however so infused with reiryoku that major diversions would be impossible, but even a milimeter from this distance would translate to inches off target by the time it goes up.

That and the fact that Qing Di is speeding down from the sky in a flying kick like a comet. Kazuma's attack did not hit Qing Di entirely as both blade and man's feet collide in an explosion of energy, but the aura of power is devastating in itself. To stop anything is not Qing Di's goal, he grazed past the attack, letting the main core of the attack energy move up his torso and through his right arm, oh oops he did not have a right arm anyway, but scoring a hideous gash from side of the thigh, up to the side of his torso and through the shoulder stump. But that's not going to stop a man who's already more comet than man now yeah?

Concentrating all of his reiryoku, his reiatsu flaring like a bonfire, and all his strength at the tip of his striking feet. The same maneuver that allowed his disciple to draw some blood from Kazuma. Qing Di slams his flying kick into Kazuma, right at the chest, trying a potentially ineffectual effort to smash his ribs and maybe puncture a lung or two.

Dusty clouds whipped up by the impact blast obscures the battlefield for a while, and when it clears, Qing Di can be seen half-kneeling on the ground, blood pouring slowly out of his side, his face looking towards Kazuma.

Spoiler
    Show
    Promise is a promise, now Kazuma can go see Akira for medical attention.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground

... at the same moment, there's a sound akin to an angry wasp as a crossbow bolt shoots through the cloud, towards Kazuma's back.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Orc in the Playground

True to his nature, Kazuma doesn't really stop. He is coughing a little blood, sure, but despite a hideous bruise on his chest, he doesn't look any more winded than since he got hit by that strike. The fear he inspires in his enemies is less about his devastating attack power and more about the fact he doesn't know when to stop.

"What's wrong?! Come at me! Break my arms! Crush my legs! Stop my heart!! WHAT KIND OF A KING KNEELS BEFORE A PEASANT?!"

That ever-present smile of contentment doesn't vanish from his face.

"And do you want to see what the most humiliating part is?"

At this point, he actually presented his sword to Qing Di.

It's blunt. He'd given the masked man those hideous wounds with A BLUNT SWORD.

Annnnnnnnnnd that's when the crossbow bolt hits his back. The Shinigami seems mildly disoriented for a moment, but then he reaches behind himself and pulls the bolt out.

No doubt it has poison of some sort. Kazuma even expected that. However, to his luck, the bolt didn't hit anywhere vital.

That doesn't make it any less unsettling when he turns around and faces the exact spot the bolt came from.

"The 21st sinner. Release."

His blade turns into a whip. The whip then uncoils violently and lashes like a serpent in Raghdu's general direction.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2011-08-25 at 09:15 AM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ettin in the Playground

Such luck, then, that crossbows tend to have longer range than whips. In the shadows, the sniper has all the time he needs to roll to his feet and dive to his next cover. The whip hits the wall of an abandoned building quite some distance away, while the sniper is already running down the alley way, counting seconds in his mind.

Could the Shinigami have the decency to drop already?

29. - Top - End - #179
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

There was a grin behind the mask maybe, but another kick right at the wound where the crossbow bolt enters made it very clear that Qing Di isn't done yet. In fact he launched three kicks in succession right at the wound, driving his feet deeper with every impact.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

30. - Top - End - #180
    Orc in the Playground

"...?"

It's hard to tell, what with the fact that Kazuma had this annoying tendency not to stop, but that really, really hurt.

Which just made him MORE PISSED.

"When are you going to learn to respect your limits?"

Qing Di may not have been out, but at this point he wasn't that much of a threat either - between the wound on his chest and the one running along his side, his kicks had lost half, perhaps even more of their potency. That open wound on his back was the only reason he'd managed to hurt Kazuma this time.

"Garyuu Zanjutsu: Samidare."

He rolled the whip in the air, and without turning, the weapon pelted him with quick, shallow thrusts not unlike painful raindrops of steel.

Raghdu didn't yet know of the 'hidden' property of Kazuma's weapon, then, judging by his continued relying on range.

Good.

Spoiler
    Show
    Samidare: Early Summer Rain

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show