New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 51 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Fire Emblem: Eternity of Darkness IC Thread

Hell Team:

You are all imprisoned. There are two to a cell, and a notable absence of manacles or other locks. The air smells heavily of sulfur, and there is hardened lava visible that has come through cracks in the walls. The floor is tiled, and the walls much higher than a human could crawl out of. It is dark, and humid. It is obvious that the cells were out of use before you were put in. In sight, as if to tempt you, or perhaps to test you, your weapons hang from the wall, just out of reach of your cells. If you were released, they would be easily reached. Joran's horse can be heard whinnying occasionally in the distance. You are isolated from prisoners outside of your group of four. Demon guards come by ocassionally to jangle their keys, taunting you to come get your freedom. For what seems like months, demons have been coming daily to take and torture Shien-thietal, throwing him back in his cell with the holy man when they are finished. The rest of you have escaped torture, but are fed unregularly, leaving you feeling weak and bitter.

A demon guard, keys jangling, drops two bowls of slush onto the ground, then kicks one into each cell. With a cruel grimace on his face, he leaves, muttering, "Feh. Human filth."

(For fun, cell assignments are Joran and Egon, Chet and Shien-thietal)

Heaven Team:

The Divine King Malon has called you to his chambers, waiting with a huge, armored angel and Chelsea's father, Albert.

Albert smiles warmly as his daughter approaches, nodding towards the king. "He's got something special to tell you. It's a big day for you." He looks around at the other three. "For all of you."

The king nods. Looking at his face, it springs to mind that he is unaccustomed to smiling. An aurist, the king feels your presence, rather than sees you. "Yes, you four..." He nods towards Chelsea, "It is high time that I allow you to lead a Purging party." He motions towards the others, adding, "Buran, you will make sure nothing happens to the others. Alexandria, use your skills to make short work of your enemies. Jennifer, take what you have learned and vanquish your foes."

He nods, and then adds, "I have heard that the cultists have been making sacrifices to the demons lately, and have been advancing further into Laos. You are to find and defeat whatever cultists you may find, and save any innocents you find in the struggle. Is that clear?"

Not waiting for a response, he motions towards the angel, bidding him to step forward. "Zaras will accompany you. He will step in if things go awry."

The huge angel nods in silent agreement.

The king then looks over the party. "Any questions?"

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fire Emblem: Eternity of Darkness IC Thread

Joran picks up a small rock and starts scratching a few rough drawings into the tiles on the ground, trying to amuse himself.

"I'd kill for something to drink about now..."

After the guard comes, Joran looks down at the... Stuff... in the bowl rather unamused.

"What do you think is in this crap anyways?"

He asks to no one in particular.
    Last edited by TheSummoner; 2011-06-21 at 01:50 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground

How will we know the cultist when we see them?

Jeniffer looks around at the party and smiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post

How will we know the cultist when we see them?

Jeniffer looks around at the party and smiles.

"They are cowards who fight in large groups, many also dabble in the dark arts. They attire themselves in the colors of Jawisk, Red and Black, making them rather easy to distinguish."

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post

"They are cowards who fight in large groups, many also dabble in the dark arts. They attire themselves in the colors of Jawisk, Red and Black, making them rather easy to distinguish."

Oh okay, thank you

Jeniffer waits a second

Oh right. Then she bows to Albert, the king and the angel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Hell

Egon smiles weakly, "Nothing worth eating. Even in this burning hole."
    Last edited by Xondoure; 2011-06-21 at 07:28 PM.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Joran tries eating some only to spit it out immediatly.

"No kidding. I think it might actually be getting worse."

He stares down the hallway where his horse can be heard in the distance.

"Know what sounds really tasty about now?"

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

"Fresh air? I swear what I'd give for one clean breath."
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

"That too..."

Joran sits for a moment, staring at the bowls of slop. He's hungry, but hunger seems preferable to eating... That... Atleast at the moment.

"I think I might have an idea... Next time one of the guards comes by, I'll nail him in the head with one of the bowls. He'll get angry and want to attack me or kill me or drag me off or something... But he'll have to open the door. Think you could get to your sword fast enough?"

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

Each time Shien-thietal is returned to the cell, Chet does what little he can to check his condition and to ease his pains. Today preceded by Sadly my staff isn't either in my hand or up their asses, so not much I can do with it save looking at it, which is... really dull.

Chet takes his bowl Ah, like I always say, if you got crap for food, nothing like nose bathed in sulfur. Like making no comdiments. And proceeds to eat it, keeping his tongue pressing his palate at all possible times, trying to at least avoid tasting it as much as is humanly possible.

Speaking of dull things. It's sulfur!.
    Last edited by Admiral Harkov; 2011-06-21 at 06:08 PM.
    FE Eternity of Darkness:
    Chet Stamsou

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Egon eyes the distance between them and the weaponry. "Its worth a shot, they seem to want us alive so I doubt things could get much worse if we fail."
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

"Alexandria, use your skills to make short work of your enemies."

He nods, and then adds, "I have heard that the cultists have been making sacrifices to the demons lately, and have been advancing further into Laos."
    Heaven Team:

Alexandria frowns at hearing the name. "I'd appreciate it if you would not call me that. Its Alexander. At least thats what I prefer." She would have snapped at being called it but it was the king. It would end badly. "Don't worry. It would be hard for them to beat me with my skills." She looked around paying only half attention until she heard Laos. "What?" She asked, this being the first she heard of it. She cracked her knuckles loudly as she said, "Those bastards! I'll make them pay for invading my home country."
    Ravena never returned. Whoops

"NEVER! OH GOD POLICE BRUTALITY POLICE BRUTALITY"
    ~Spike from Illven's pokemon lets play

I will not remove this from my signature due to not wanting to erase it was there. But I will address this at the time was meant to be a joke and both me and Illven both acknowledge it shouldn't have been a joke but we simply did not know better at the time. We have both grown as people and would never make this kinda joke again.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Joran turns to Chet (I'm assuming it's just bars that we can see through separating the cells and not a solid wall).

"I have no clue how you can stomach that slop. I've had to eat some pretty rancid things in the past and none of it compared to this."

He then turns back to Egon.

"Heh, what could they do to me that would be worse than being stuck in this cell any longer?"

Joran sits in the cell, waiting for the next time a guard passes (one guard, not a group of them or a pair, a single guard).

If one passes, he throws the bowl of slop at the guard's head when he gets close (tell me if it happens, if the bowl hits, and what the guard does regardless of whether or not the bowl hits).

(Also, Harkov, could you please use a darker color? Yellow on white isn't just hard to read, it's also pretty hard on the eyes. Thanks.

Edit: Oh, and Penguinator, this isn't particularly important, but I was wondering how we ended up in these cells in the first place? Just curious really.)
    Last edited by TheSummoner; 2011-06-21 at 05:39 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Firbolg in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Buran listens without words, nodding when he was given his order from Malon. Shiva sat patiently, waiting for instructions, both of them had to perk up when Malon mentioned cultists. "You mean... The ones from Jawisk? Narf stands inbetween it and Laos, how could they move so subtly?"

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

Chet turns around with a grimace in his face I can stomach it?. I'm not as well built as you, mister, and I wish to be able to take my chances, shall they present. I help it by thinking it as an act of defiance. But I do hear you, so I'd advice to keep your bowl full.

(Sorry about that, changed to blue, since I can't get a dark yellow because minimum for first part of the colour code has to be at least A0)
    Last edited by Admiral Harkov; 2011-06-21 at 06:29 PM.
    FE Eternity of Darkness:
    Chet Stamsou

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

(either that or the blue you changed the other post to are fine. Neither hurts the eyes and both are much easier to read. Thank you.)

17. - Top - End - #17

Shien slumps to his usual position against the edge of the cell, his eyes almost blank and staring. He nods once to Chet, as if in thanks for his aid, but other than that makes no notice of the outside world.

(This is, unfortunantly, sort of how I cast him to be before being released, he might actually get more ... 'interactive' as it were, when that happens.)(EDIT:Oh, and it works well because I'm going to be offline for 24 hours very soon, so Shien can just look dull at everything.)
    Last edited by bladescape; 2011-06-21 at 07:24 PM.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ravena View Post
    Heaven Team:

Alexandria frowns at hearing the name. "I'd appreciate it if you would not call me that. Its Alexander. At least thats what I prefer." She would have snapped at being called it but it was the king. It would end badly. "Don't worry. It would be hard for them to beat me with my skills." She looked around paying only half attention until she heard Laos. "What?" She asked, this being the first she heard of it. She cracked her knuckles loudly as she said, "Those bastards! I'll make them pay for invading my home country."

The king was less than amused at the girl's comment. "I will refer to you by your given name. And you will... what are the words? ...Deal with it."

Quote Originally Posted by Starsign View Post

Buran listens without words, nodding when he was given his order from Malon. Shiva sat patiently, waiting for instructions, both of them had to perk up when Malon mentioned cultists. "You mean... The ones from Jawisk? Narf stands inbetween it and Laos, how could they move so subtly?"

The king nodded solemnly. "I thought you might ask that." He paused, as if collecting his thoughts. "It seems that a group called the Saffron Headdress is forming in Narf. This is a group with similar ideals to the cultists, who believe in unclean sorcery and foul spirits. Due to an uneasy alliance between the two groups, the cultists have found it easier to reach through Narf. The Hellriders are working towards exterminating the Saffron Headdress. The Brechian army, however, has been increasing in size, and has drawn ever more attention from the Hellriders. Thus, the cultists have essentially free passage through Narf."

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    If one passes, he throws the bowl of slop at the guard's head when he gets close (tell me if it happens, if the bowl hits, and what the guard does regardless of whether or not the bowl hits).

Edit: Oh, and Penguinator, this isn't particularly important, but I was wondering how we ended up in these cells in the first place? Just curious really.)
    (I've given the backstory as "Hell Team was captured by demons and they plan a daring escape from Hell." In Joran's case, I'm assuming he was with Egon while the demons targeted him, and they just dragged him along. At this point, they're kind of just random inmates, rather than a group.)

Another guard came by, his keys jangling from his belt. "Go on, eat, eat! Stupid humans..."

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

19. - Top - End - #19

ElfRogueGirl

The king was less than amused at the girl's comment. "I will refer to you by your given name. And you will... what are the words? ...Deal with it."

Alexander rolled her eyes and sighed. "Yea sure. Whatever." She responded looking away.
    Ravena never returned. Whoops

"NEVER! OH GOD POLICE BRUTALITY POLICE BRUTALITY"
    ~Spike from Illven's pokemon lets play

I will not remove this from my signature due to not wanting to erase it was there. But I will address this at the time was meant to be a joke and both me and Illven both acknowledge it shouldn't have been a joke but we simply did not know better at the time. We have both grown as people and would never make this kinda joke again.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ravena View Post

Alexander rolled her eyes and sighed. "Yea sure. Whatever." She responded looking away.

The king took on an irritated tone. "I do not force you to refer to me as 'Your highness.' You do not force me to refer to you as anything other than your given name. Understand?" He sighed, and then muttered, "If you really wanted to be a male, we have ways to change that."

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

"Sorry, not hungry. Maybe you'd like some?"

He tosses the bowl full of slop at the guard's head.
    Last edited by TheSummoner; 2011-06-21 at 10:07 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

The guard dodges the bowl, then glares menacingly. "Why, you!" He reaches his lance through the bars and points it at the bow knight's neck. "Try anything. I dare you."

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Joran backs out of the lance's range, picks up, and tosses Egon's uneaten bowl.
    Last edited by TheSummoner; 2011-06-21 at 10:24 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

The bowl splatters against the guard's shield. "Why, I ought to...!" He reaches for his keys, when another guard comes by.

"What do you think you're doing? That's a valuable prisoner in there!" He claps the first guard on the back. "Boss won't like it if he gets loose. I swear, sometimes I don't think you have a brain at all."

The first demon withdraws his lance. "Yeah.. yeah, I guess you're right..."

The guards leave, not noticing that the clap on the back caused the first guard to drop his keys.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

"Not exactly what I had in mind, but..."

Joran first checks to see that no guards are in sight and then (assuming there are none) tries to grab the keys.
    Last edited by TheSummoner; 2011-06-21 at 10:34 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

(Actually, I used Random to roll whether you hit, both times, and to see the guard's reaction. Roll under 50 meant a hit on the guard's body. (Second roll was 57, so I made it the shield) Roll over 50 for reaction was the guard actually coming into the cell)

The keys are slightly out of Joran's reach, but from the opposing cell, one of the other two may be able to reach it.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

(What did I have to get for a headshot? Oh, and I'm attributing those misses to weakness from lack of edible food.)

When Joran can't reach the keys with his arm, he tries using his leg. When that fails, he turns to the next cell over, trying to keep his voice down as to not attract attention.

"One of you two try it. Hurry before the next one comes."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Suddenly, another guard strolled by, noticing the keys on the ground. "Well, we can't have you getting a hold of these, can we?" He picks up the keys, waves tauntingly at Joran, and leaves.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Joran tries to spit in the guard's face as he passes by.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Joran misses fantastically, and the guard remains oblivious, whistling an eerie tune as he passes.

(Roll was a 97)

Banner by Elder Tsofu.