New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 264142434445464748495051
Results 1,501 to 1,523 of 1523
  1. - Top - End - #1501
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: Fire Emblem: Eternity of Darkness IC Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Steilos View Post

"Say, what kind of cheese comes after blue veined? Like, if you put them in alphabetical order? And how does fine taste?"

"You... came here... for cheese?"
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2013-01-14 at 09:22 PM.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

2. - Top - End - #1502
    Orc in the Playground

Pretty much that's how it is. It could be done by force, I guess, but it wouldn't be a direct consequence. Those few who had it awakened didn't went through any forceful process. Interrupting the stare at the stars, he takes a look at Shien's face, adding then Achieving the awakening by force would not be more than a lucky happening.
    FE Eternity of Darkness:
    Chet Stamsou

3. - Top - End - #1503
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Elf View Post

Two hundred? Ha! I must be damn near close t'that, hon. How long's a year take, again?
    Noel gasped in awe.

"Wow, you two must have so many great stories! How do you get to be that old anyway? I'm only...uh... twenty six! Or was that sixty two, I forget which"
    Last edited by Niek; 2013-01-15 at 04:46 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1504
    Titan in the Playground

Well, hon, y'eat an' ye sleep an' ya let time pass ye by. Sometimes, I feel like I been livin' in this cabin since before there was a town here...

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mary's actually only about 75 or so. She's just lost track of the meaning of "a year" or, really "a big number". For fantasy setting, that' still crazy old, but its not fantastically old.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

5. - Top - End - #1505
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post

Jennifer gasped.

That's horrible! Parents should be there for their children no matter what!

Is there anything I can do to help?

"Father did what was right for the family status." said Mike bluntly "I hated him for a long time. But then it became apparent that my family was no longer part of my life. There is no reason to hate something that no longer exists, so no you don't need to trouble yourself. The thought is appreciated though, thanks. Now how about you tell me about your family while you give me that haircut?"

I probably already know it, but it'd be nice to confirm that I really haven't gone crazy.
    Awesome FE sprites done by Penguinator

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1506
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rising Phoenix View Post

"Father did what was right for the family status." said Mike bluntly "I hated him for a long time. But then it became apparent that my family was no longer part of my life. There is no reason to hate something that no longer exists, so no you don't need to trouble yourself. The thought is appreciated though, thanks. Now how about you tell me about your family while you give me that haircut?"

I probably already know it, but it'd be nice to confirm that I really haven't gone crazy.

Well.... Mommy died a while ago, and Daddy was only there in body. I mean even I could tell he wasn't paying attention to me. I can't blame him, dead parents rip families apart... I just wish, I just Mom never died.

Jennifer started tearing up as she cut Mike's hair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

7. - Top - End - #1507
    Barbarian in the Playground

As the meaning began, Chelsea paused to consider her words carefully. She had learned a few things of diplomacy despite her distaste for politics, but she wanted to be absolutely certain she wouldn't offend the ruler of an allied nation by being disrespectful.

She jumped at the sudden noise that broke the silence and looked over to Lauren incredulously. Cheese? What does that have to do with anything?!

The hunter cleared her throat politely to help regain her composure, spurred to speak before the healer continued on with her train of thought. "Ah, please forgive my companion; she's... a little odd in the mind, but a skilled healer nonetheless." She inclined her head respectfully.

"I've come here on behalf of my uncle, The Divine King Malon, to ask about a potential alliance between our kingdoms."

"We had attempted to send an emissary earlier, but as time passed without hearing back from them, we decided it would be prudent to have a small group travel under the guise of mercenaries, along with myself, to carry the message."

She stopped and blinked as something the king had just said clicked. 'More' emissaries from Laos? Then the person they'd sent had managed to reach the king himself before disappearing, at least. What had been the intended response, then?
    Last edited by UserShadow7989; 2013-01-17 at 09:44 AM.
    Thanks to Akrim.elf for the avi of my OC.

Homebrewer's signature.

8. - Top - End - #1508
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Fire Emblem: Eternity of Darkness IC

Quote Originally Posted by Steilos View Post

"Say, what kind of cheese comes after blue veined? Like, if you put them in alphabetical order? And how does fine taste?"

"Cheddar?" Ungar muttered. If you couldn't defeat the insanity, you might as well go along with it. "Had a friend who came from a village that made cheddar."

9. - Top - End - #1509
    Ogre in the Playground

Well.... Mommy died a while ago, and Daddy was only there in body. I mean even I could tell he wasn't paying attention to me. I can't blame him, dead parents rip families apart... I just wish, I just Mom never died.

Jennifer started tearing up as she cut Mike's hair.

As I've seen.

"We all wish for things to be different" said Mike as he heard and felt his hair being snipped off. If he heard Jennifer's voice go sad, he made no note of it. "But the universe seldom complies... However,: "Yesterday's history. Tomorrow's a mystery. But today's special. That's why it's called present"." he forced a fake smile as he said this. The future wasn't a total mystery to him. "Always be grateful for what you have right now. It is the only certain thing"
    Last edited by Rising Phoenix; 2013-01-16 at 07:50 AM.

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1510
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by UserShadow7989 View Post

She jumped at the sudden noise that broke the silence and looked over to Lauren incredulously. Cheese? What does that have to do with anything?!

The hunter cleared her throat politely to help regain her composure, spurred to speak before the healer continued on with her train of thought. "Ah, please forgive my companion; she's... a little odd in the mind, but a skilled healer nonetheless." She inclined her head respectfully.

The King nodded. "We do have some nice cheese..."

"I've come here on behalf of my uncle, The Divine King Malon, to ask about a potential alliance between our kingdoms."

He nodded, slowly. "Yes, I guessed as much. You... are the King's niece? Your name is... something... I don't remember. Harley? ...No, that's not it."

"We had attempted to send an emissary earlier, but as time passed without hearing back from them, we decided it would be prudent to have a small group travel under the guise of mercenaries, along with myself, to carry the message."

"Attempted?" The King shook his head. "Your group is... maybe the fourth such group here?"

The angel had stood there, arms crossed, silent for a while. "Well? Do we get an answer this time?"

The King's eyes widened for a brief moment. "Oh, you brought Zaras..."
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2013-01-16 at 10:12 AM.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

11. - Top - End - #1511
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Niek View Post
    Noel gasped in awe.

"Wow, you two must have so many great stories! How do you get to be that old anyway? I'm only...uh... twenty six! Or was that sixty two, I forget which"

Th'Key to livin' long is t'live it up, I tell ya! Treat every day like it's your first!

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

12. - Top - End - #1512

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Harkov View Post

Pretty much that's how it is. It could be done by force, I guess, but it wouldn't be a direct consequence. Those few who had it awakened didn't went through any forceful process. Interrupting the stare at the stars, he takes a look at Shien's face, adding then Achieving the awakening by force would not be more than a lucky happening.

Frowning at this, he nodded to Chet. 'I see. Thank you for your time.' It was less the dismissal it sounded and more a conclusion of what he wished to talk about as he closed his eyes to ponder.

'Thank you.' The addendum was murmered and probably just barely audible to the other.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

13. - Top - End - #1513

Jennifer stood up and talked to the king

Well that's okay, I'm sure the other four groups tried to survive their journey back, so you can just give us your answer, and we'll give it to King Malon.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

14. - Top - End - #1514
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Jennifer stood up and talked to the king

Well that's okay, I'm sure the other four groups tried to survive their journey back, so you can just give us your answer, and we'll give it to King Malon.

"Actually, one of them is still here. He doesn't seem too inclined to leave." The King shrugged, eyeing Zaras. "You will have to give me some time to think... alliances are not things to be rushed into. Would you mind... staying here, tonight, and I will give an answer in the morning?"

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

15. - Top - End - #1515

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post

"Actually, one of them is still here. He doesn't seem too inclined to leave." The King shrugged, eyeing Zaras. "You will have to give me some time to think... alliances are not things to be rushed into. Would you mind... staying here, tonight, and I will give an answer in the morning?"

But you've already had four messenger's to think about it. Jennifer questioned.

16. - Top - End - #1516
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

But you've already had four messenger's to think about it. Jennifer questioned.

The man in robes behind the King spoke, his voice oddly charismatic. "You will forgive the King, for he has had other things to think about. Now, will you accept his hospitality, or shall we send you away now?"
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2013-01-17 at 09:07 PM.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

17. - Top - End - #1517

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post

The man in robes behind the King spoke, his voice oddly charismatic. "You will forgive the King, for he has had other things to think about. Now, will you accept his hospitality, or shall we send you away now?"

Jennifer turned to Chelsea.

Oh can we stay! Please, pretty please, pretty please with sugar on top. It'll be like a sleep over.

18. - Top - End - #1518
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Zaras shook his head. "Take that as a yes. It's the best you'll get. I've got business. By your leave." He nodded, and disappeared.

The King blinked for a moment, stuttering. "Er... well, then..."

The armored man stepped forward, bowing slightly. "I will show you to your rooms."

The King nodded. "This is General Proud, commander of the armed forces. And the man to my right is our Royal Ambassador, Mr. Deathwind."

The man bowed, making no other movement.

The Commander nods, beckoning you to follow him. "Shall we be off, then?"
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2013-01-18 at 10:28 PM.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

19. - Top - End - #1519
    Ogre in the Playground

((OOC: This post assumes that Mike doesn't look ridiculous after his haircut is complete ))

Mike's head felt surprisingly lightweight after the tangled mess that was his hair got trimmed. It was a good sensation and not just because of the hair cut...

But he hadn't much time to savor the sensation. The whispers where back and he didn't relish the thought of staying overnight, but this wasn't his decision to make.

Best to keep alert than and be polite. People on edge can easily make mistakes.

The Commander nods, beckoning you to follow him. "Shall we be off, then?"

He whispered to Chelsea "These people are on edge... The King is weary and Commander Proud is worried about something... Deathwind I don't know if he can be trusted... though they do say to never judge a book from its cover, a book titled Deathwind is perhaps a different matter..." he took a moment to breathe "If we are to investigate we should be careful, stressed people easily lose sound judgement".
    Last edited by Rising Phoenix; 2013-01-18 at 10:14 PM.

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1520

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Rising Phoenix View Post

He whispered to Chelsea "These people are on edge... The King is weary and Commander Proud is worried about something... Deathwind I don't know if he can be trusted... though they do say to never judge a book from its cover, a book titled Deathwind is perhaps a different matter..." he took a moment to breathe "If we are to investigate we should be careful, stressed people easily lose sound judgement".

"I believe it has something to do with that damned angel" Alex whispered, using the term angel lightly. "As for investigating, if you need a distraction I'll help with that." She cracks her knuckles, a smirk spreading on her face. "I'm good at causing a distraction."
    Ravena never returned. Whoops

"NEVER! OH GOD POLICE BRUTALITY POLICE BRUTALITY"
    ~Spike from Illven's pokemon lets play

I will not remove this from my signature due to not wanting to erase it was there. But I will address this at the time was meant to be a joke and both me and Illven both acknowledge it shouldn't have been a joke but we simply did not know better at the time. We have both grown as people and would never make this kinda joke again.

21. - Top - End - #1521
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chelsea's confusion only increased as the king spoke. Confusion quickly became caution, and a little bit of suspicion. Four messengers, three of which had disappeared and one of which 'didn't seem inclined to leave'. When Jennifer started to get more direct, she took that as her cue to cut in- as much as she wanted to ask the same, she didn't want to provoke something or act suspicious, especially if it turned out the king wasn't in on anything.

"We're honored to receive such hospitality, your highness, and it is a pleasure to meet such fine men." Chelsea put on her best fake smile, one that had been practiced a little too often for her tastes, though she could hardly complain now. She inclined her head in a very slight, almost imperceptible to those not close by, nod.

"I agree; messengers don't just disappear, and this wouldn't be the first time someone reacted hostilely to learning Zaras was with us. Chelsea nodded to the commander, maintaining her smile as she followed him and motioning for the others to follow with her.

She hung back just enough to keep her words from floating over to Pride."I feel like we're missing a big piece of the big picture. For now, we should try playing dumb and keep our eyes peeled for anything strikingly suspicious. Maybe take turns keeping watch in our room to ensure nothing catches us off guard in the night?"
    Thanks to Akrim.elf for the avi of my OC.

Homebrewer's signature.

22. - Top - End - #1522
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ravena View Post

"I believe it has something to do with that damned angel" Alex whispered, using the term angel lightly. "As for investigating, if you need a distraction I'll help with that." She cracks her knuckles, a smirk spreading on her face. "I'm good at causing a distraction."

"I will let our leader decide if its appropriate to take the course of action you suggest" said the priest in an unflinchingly neutral tone.

Quote Originally Posted by UserShadow7989 View Post

Chelsea's confusion only increased as the king spoke. Confusion quickly became caution, and a little bit of suspicion. Four messengers, three of which had disappeared and one of which 'didn't seem inclined to leave'. When Jennifer started to get more direct, she took that as her cue to cut in- as much as she wanted to ask the same, she didn't want to provoke something or act suspicious, especially if it turned out the king wasn't in on anything.

"We're honored to receive such hospitality, your highness, and it is a pleasure to meet such fine men." Chelsea put on her best fake smile, one that had been practiced a little too often for her tastes, though she could hardly complain now. She inclined her head in a very slight, almost imperceptible to those not close by, nod.

"I agree; messengers don't just disappear, and this wouldn't be the first time someone reacted hostilely to learning Zaras was with us. Chelsea nodded to the commander, maintaining her smile as she followed him and motioning for the others to follow with her.

She hung back just enough to keep her words from floating over to Pride."I feel like we're missing a big piece of the big picture. For now, we should try playing dumb and keep our eyes peeled for anything strikingly suspicious. Maybe take turns keeping watch in our room to ensure nothing catches us off guard in the night?"

"I don't enjoy sleeping... in fact I hardly ever sleep" too many visions when I sleep "I can do the whole shift if desired... as for Zaras I have already stated my opinion of him..."
    Last edited by Rising Phoenix; 2013-01-20 at 08:48 AM.

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1523
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

You reach a pair of large rooms, a library across the hall. Small lamps light each room, leaving them glowing only slightly. The man bows low, speaking softly. "If you should need anything, do not hesitate to ask."

Once he is sure you are out of earshot, the King sighs heavily. "I know what they are here for, but... I just cannot help them. It would be throwing my scruples to the winds to ally myself with the angels. You remember the last time Zaras was here. With those tough-looking knights? How could they just disappear if not for his intervention?" He shook his head. "Even now, he goes 'away on business.' Business, my eye! I don't trust him." He clenched his fist. "And if he gets those kids into trouble, so help me..." His shoulders drooped. "There's nothing I can do to help them."

The Ambassador nodded, placing a hand on his liege's shoulder, only for the King to stir slightly when he did so. "Well, you know their lot, my Lord. And it is not only the angels, for your son is almost certainly dead, now. ...Perhaps it is all for the best."

The King straightened, and turned away from the hand on his shoulder. "Shame on you, Deathwind. I know you never liked the boy, but there is no need for that kind of talk. You know how the people loved him." He shook his head. "And I have no heir besides him."

"I am well aware, Lord. For now... try to make light of it. Be kind to your guests, and take it all in... while it lasts."

The King waited until the man had left, and motioned towards the shadows. "Did you hear that, Edward?"

A young, fit man stepped out of the shadows, shaking his head. "Every word, Lord."

"...I don't trust that one. I want you to keep an eye on him."

"It is as good as done, Lord."

The King paused, stopping Edward before he left. "Edward... I have raised you as if you were my own son, before I had my own son..."

"Yes, Lord?"

"...Stop calling me Lord."

"Yes, Sir." Edward disappeared into the shadows once more.

"Well, I suppose that's better than Lord..." The King stepped before a large tapestry, shaking his head. "Egon, my son... You cannot be dead... I refuse to believe it..."

Banner by Elder Tsofu.