New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default [3.5e Bloodline] Noble-Blood (PEACH)

Uhh.. Yeah. Got bored again. This bloodline focuses a lot around Leadership. If you don't like Leadership, stop reading now.

Noble-Blood

Some people rise to greatness. Some people have greatness thrust upon them. But everyone knows that it's best when you're born with greatness. The Noble-Blood are leaders by sheer virtue of their birthright. They give commands and people follow them. That's how it is and how it's always been. Of course it's not all too uncommon for there to be a revolt or something because the peasantry are a bunch of idiots and cannot see that the Family is obviously superior to them in every way. This may lead to some Noble-Blood in... non-noble positions. But water finds it's own level. If they don't go to power, power will go to them.

Level
    Minor
    Intermediate
    Major
    1 Diplomacy +2
    2 Diplomacy +2 Force of Personality
    3 Charisma +1
    4 Diplomacy +2 Force of Personality Natural Leader
    5 Follower Affinity +2
    6 Charisma +1 Commanding Voice
    7 Intimidate +2
    8 Force of Personality Natural Leader Trained Followers
    9 Strength +1
    10 Follower Affinity +2 Extra Cohort
    11 Follower Affinity +4
    12 Charisma +1 Commanding Voice Inspire Greatness
    13 Sense Motive +2
    14 Intimidate +2 Greater Commanding Voice
    15 Wisdom +1
    16 Natural Leader Trained Followers Frightful Presence
    17 Follower Affinity +6
    18 Strength +1 Unshakable
    19 Knowledge (Nobility and Royalty) +2
    20 Follower Affinity +2 Extra Cohort Voice of the Gods
    Force of Personality: Simple enchantments and tiny displays of power do little to shake the determination of the Noble-Blood. They gain Force of Personality as a bonus feat.

Natural Leader: The greatest power is that of leadership. Control the people, control the world. The blood of the Nobles runs through the veins of the character, bestowing upon them the inherent right to rule. They gain Leadership as a bonus feat and additionally add 1/4, 1/2 or 1X their level to their leadership score, depending on bloodline strength.

Follower Affinity: Being able to deal with the little people is a very important skill. Primarily it keeps those pesky rebellions to a minimum. The Noble-Blood adds the given amount to all interaction checks with individuals of lower level.

Commanding Voice: Power is leadership. Leadership is command. Nobles need command. So much so, that they have ingrained it in their very voice. When they speak people simply do as they say. The Noble-Blood may cast Suggestion a number of times per day equal to their charisma modifier (minimum 1) as a spell-like ability with a CL equal to 1/4, 1/2 or 1X their level, depending on bloodline strength. Save is Cha based.

Trained Followers: There's nothing worse than incompetents. They're useless and hardly worth the effort of subjecting them to the aura of command which the Noble-Blood emits. They're weak-willed enough to follow on their own, anyways. The Noble-Blood seeks more skilled followers. The followers attracted by the Leadership feat all have PC class levels instead of NPC class levels, at no level penalty. Followers with levels in prestige classes are treated as three levels higher than they actually are for terms of Leadership instead of five levels. Cohorts may freely have prestige classes.

Extra Cohort: Noble-Bloods are in danger a lot. Having a bodyguard is nice, but they can only protect one side of the Noble's delicate body. So they get a second. The Noble-Blood gains a second cohort, following the usual rules for cohorts.

Inspire Greatness: Being able to rally the populace in the face of an emergency is a very powerful skill. The Noble-Blood know this. All the better to convince the lemmings to charge to their deaths in protection of the Family. Once per day the Noble-Blood may use Inspire Greatness as per the Bard ability, but instead of the number of targets being based on level, it is based on their Leadership score.

Greater Commanding Voice: The larger the voice, the larger the effect. The Noble-Blood gains the ability to cast Mass Suggestion once per day as a spell like ability with a CL equal to their level. Save is Cha based.

Frightful Presence: The mere visage of the Noble is enough to cause the populace to quake in fear, love and respect. The Noble-Blood gains Frightful Presence (DC 10 + 1/2 HD + Charisma Mod) which extends out to a range of 60ft.

Unshakable: The Noble gives commands, he does not take them. No one has the power to control the Noble-Blooded, for their rule is absolute. The Noble-Blood gains immunity to all Compulsion, Charm and Fear effects.

Voice of the Gods: Their very words are rule made manifest. The Noble Blood may now use Suggestion at will and Mass Suggestion a number of times per day equal to their Charisma modifier. They may now control a number of people equal to their leadership score when using Mass Suggestion and it's range is now Long.

Uh. I can't tell if this is amazing or absolute rubbish. Either I nailed it or the entire idea was broken. "Well, casters can do most of this stuff pretty early on" or "DUDE. Leadership at level four. With double the score. What."

Feedback appreciated.

P.S. Playtesting of my system has officially started. They absolutely love it thusfar.
    Last edited by Welknair; 2014-05-04 at 08:09 PM.

Fourthland: A Game of Abstraction
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    Welknair, you are like... some living avatar of win. Who's made of win. And wields win as if it were but a toy. Win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Virdish
    Welknair you are a god among men. Thank you for creating a playground for the completely insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark
    There have also been times where I was jealous of your ingenuity and skills.

Extended Homebrewer's Signature

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5e Bloodline] Noble-Blood (PEACH)

I like it, in fact, it's going in my bookmark folder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertier View Post
    A good background is like a skirt. Short enough to keep my interest, but long enough to cover the important bits.
    Quote Originally Posted by FistsFullofDice View Post
    Derailed in the best way, thank you good sir.
    Spoiler: Homebrew Links
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Okay, all of your bloodlines have been cool so far, but I have literally been thinking of a class approach to tackle this while doing other concepts. Thanks to you, I won't have to!

I'm not sure if I'm doing it right, but you sir, have gotten yourself an internetz from me!

Bookmarked indeed.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jallorn View Post
    I like it, in fact, it's going in my bookmark folder.
    Indeed. This is being bookmarked by myself as well.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

It appears I got it right. I think I'm getting the hang of this "Bloodline" thing.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Welknair, you are like... some living avatar of win. Who's made of win. And wields win as if it were but a toy. Win.
    Welknair you are a god among men. Thank you for creating a playground for the completely insane.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    It appears I got it right. I think I'm getting the hang of this "Bloodline" thing.
    Oh i like this, i think i can actually work this into one of my more interesting character concepts. Thanks for this
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EdroGrimshell View Post
    Oh i like this, i think i can actually work this into one of my more interesting character concepts. Thanks for this
    No problem! I'm always glad when my 'brewing is of use. It seems like this Bloodline filled a previously vacant role. *Score*

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

Dude, you are a lifesaver! 'bookmark'
    MooseyMooseITP

Current Avi: By Dirtytabs.
    Spoiler
    Show