New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Goblin

Default 101 uses for Rod of Ropes?

I am interested in picking your brain for idea's on uses for the Rod of Ropes described below.

So far, I have used it to knock a kobold out as a ranged weapon from about 250' out. He was escaping the fight to warn others. The DM said the only way I could hit him was to roll a 20, which I did. Was a desperate move.

Also, depending on your interpretation, you can use it to move massive weight around. Since my DM uses it as a magic item that pulls the weight to you as well as you getting pulled to the gapple hook end, depending on what you want to do with it.

I would like to know some fun uses for this item, one of my favorites.

{Scrubbed}
    Last edited by averagejoe; 2011-06-25 at 03:59 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: 101 uses for Rod of Ropes?

Drink a potion of levitate, have an effective fly speed of 60'.

Alternatively, fly as high as you can, use the rod to pull smaller creatures up towards you, then drop them.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

wind the rope through use #1 around a creature, reel it in and thus spinnig the target rapidly, he becomes sickened

or put it over a road through use #3, and decapitate people riding on the road at night.

launch a grappling hook at a creature, and drag it back to you

swing from the rope as if indiana Jones (or tarzan for that matter)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

I have no idea what kind of purpose this could serve, but if you extended the rope all the way, put an weight on the end, and spun it in a huge circle, you could draw the weight in extremely rapidly. As the radius got smaller and smaller, the person (or object) at the center of the circle would spin faster and faster until it was spinning ridiculously quickly when the weight reached the rod.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    wind the rope through use #1 around a creature, reel it in and thus spinnig the target rapidly, he becomes sickened

or put it over a road through use #3, and decapitate people riding on the road at night.

launch a grappling hook at a creature, and drag it back to you

swing from the rope as if indiana Jones (or tarzan for that matter)
    Scorpion says "GET OVER HERE"

back on topic: u can use it as a booby trap if you can prepare the battlefield a little before a fight...attach the grappling hook to some heavy object, ready an action to push button when enemies cross the path...boom

or as an escape route for a mage if they run outta spells
    Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    ...you're saying that if I go to heaven, I will find alcoholic bears waiting for me?

HELL! I CHOOSE HELL!

[GENERATION 16: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. This is a social experiment.]

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Grappling Hooks and Slide: When you press button 3, ...... Two hand loops allow you to slide down the rope if it is at an angle. Regardless of the angle of the rope or the load on it (up to 1,000 pounds), if attached firmly the rope does not sag. Pushing any button a second time returns the rod to its previous (unactivated) state.

Fire it at your feet and propel your self through the air.... then take out your hangglider and soar through the air........